Optimus Prime VS the Balrog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinXed by JaNx
a looong long long time ago in an alternate dimension to disoriented to think about...,Optimus Prime Crash lands in Middle Earth, As the Towering giant pulled himself out of the crater he just made in the side of a mountain. Something deep in the dark was awakened.

conditions
Due to low energon, Primes canon is limited to only two shots. He can transform into a Mac truck. Also, during the crash landing Prime damaged one of his arm blades. He can use only one.

Balrog has a whip, sword and fiery shield. He can also use his wings to fly...,(it was a really big hole that Prime made in the mountain side)

Who wins?

Sadako of Girth
Balrog, most likely.

Bay transformers cry like little girls if they get heated up suddenly.

Eminence
What's stopping Prime from cutting its head off? They aren't entirely dissimilar in size, Prime's shown himself to be incredibly agile and reasonably accurate on the fly, and he cleaves clean through metal with his sword. The Balrog shouldn't put up any more of a fight than Grindor or Bonecrusher.

I defend Prime too much. Someone make a Gort vs. Autobots thread, 'kay?

Placidity
Originally posted by Eminence

Heres a challenge for you

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=512090

Eminence
... Interesting.

I was kidding, though. Let's be real here, Optimus Prime rips Gort's face off.

no expression

*kaff*

Sadako of Girth
What's stopping Prime from cutting its head off? They aren't entirely dissimilar in size, Prime's shown himself to be incredibly agile and reasonably accurate on the fly, and he cleaves clean through metal with his sword. The Balrog shouldn't put up any more of a fight than Grindor or Bonecrusher.

But neither of those tried blasting/cooking Prime.
That beast is a big solid bastard.

Darth Martin
I think Balrog might actually win here. He did lose to Gandalf but.......Prime is severely depowered. Toss up.

Morgromir

the balrogs are demons they are practically magma gods they have flaming whips swords and flaming breath prime would probably try to enter an arm lock with it but get slamed with the whip than either sliced with the sword of toasted with fire breathing capabilities your choice =)

Ms.Marvel
baelrogs are daemons technically... so im not sure if optimus worldly powers can hurt it.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Morgromir
the balrogs are demons they are practically magma gods they have flaming whips swords and flaming breath prime would probably try to enter an arm lock with it but get slamed with the whip than either sliced with the sword of toasted with fire breathing capabilities your choice =)

The problem with your scenario is that the chances of the Balrog being able to effectively use his whip while in Prime's lock are slim. That being said, there's still a very good chance Prime will lose this one.

Darth Martin
After reviewing ROTF a couple times I have to go with Prime here. His cannon is VERY powerful. Just 2-3 shots downed the Constructor Decepticon in Shanghai. Just one hit floored Megatron. Starscream got owned as well. Prime is a much better fighter than Balrog also. If Balrog lost to Gandalf, Optimus should wreck his shit.

Isn't a shame that in battle Prime is usually the only Autobot that matters. Everyone else gets there ass kicked when dealing with the big guns.

KingD19
Also the only type of heat that messed up the T-Formers were the fictional Sabot rounds, that burned at what, 4000-5000 degrees?? I doubt the Balrog can get his whip and other weapons that hot.

Darth Martin
If he were that hot then Ganbdalf wouldn't be capable of standing in his precense, let alone combating him.

Prime wins.

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Martin
If he were that hot then Ganbdalf wouldn't be capable of standing in his precense, let alone combating him.

Prime wins.

Well, either it was magic fire, or Gandalf had magic protection. I mean cmon guys, Gandalf wasn't just some random old man interested in little elves.

The way I see it is that Prime has sufficient offensive to take out the Balrog, but at the same time, his durability doesn't seem that great to me. Looks like any transformer can cut up/impale any other despite their apparent 'power level' differences.

Now onto what we didn't like about RotF big grin ... Obviously lots of things, but I didn't like how The Fallen got killed like a punk. There was no reason why a "Prime" was more of a particular threat than the others (looks like Megatron had the goods to take out his mentor if he wanted to). The Fallen was shown to be badass with telekinesis and teleportation, yet he didnt't use these in battle against Prime.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Placidity
Looks like any transformer can cut up/impale any other despite their apparent 'power level' differences. Please explain. smile

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Please explain. smile

Prime impales others like nobodies business.

Megatron impales Prime.

Sideswipe slices some random.

The two little dudes screw up Devastator.

Megatron rips Jazz up.

Bumblebee rips up the tiger guy.

Deceps rip up some other Decep for parts to resurrect Megatron

Probably some others I forgot about.

They just take each other out really easily is what I mean.

KingD19
Yeah, just like humans are capable of easily taking each other out. Just because they're nearly invulnerable against against human weaponry, doesn't mean they are against each other.

And remember what the Fallen himself said?? Only a Prime could kill him, and Optimus was a direct descendant of the original Primes, which gave him the ability to kill him.

Sadako of Girth
Well, either it was magic fire, or Gandalf had magic protection. I mean cmon guys, Gandalf wasn't just some random old man interested in little elves.

The way I see it is that Prime has sufficient offensive to take out the Balrog, but at the same time, his durability doesn't seem that great to me. Looks like any transformer can cut up/impale any other despite their apparent 'power level' differences.

Now onto what we didn't like about RotF big grin ... Obviously lots of things, but I didn't like how The Fallen got killed like a punk. There was no reason why a "Prime" was more of a particular threat than the others (looks like Megatron had the goods to take out his mentor if he wanted to). The Fallen was shown to be badass with telekinesis and teleportation, yet he didnt't use these in battle against Prime.

I agree.

jinXed by JaNx

Megatron rips Jazz up.

that doesn't count. Megatron used magic to accomplish that.

Darth Martin
No he didn't. He physically ripped him limb from limb.

Hewhoknowsall
Optimus Prime blasts it to bits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.