Rogue (full Power) vs. Amazo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Parmaniac
Contenders

Rules
Time: Day
Prep Time: -
Time Limit: -
Bloodlust: On
BFR: Off
PIS: Off
CIS: Off

Special Rules
1. Rogue sneak attacks Amazo from behind

Lord Feron
What do you mean by full power? Whos power does she have?

Survivor19
What is full power?
Who is Amazo emulating?

If they both start at base levels i can see Rogue winning.

Anyway, can't she just syphon out Amazo's power cells?

PRAYERRUN
I'm pretty sure Rogue doesn't have the ability to syphon out a cyborg's abilities. Even if she could, what good would it do her?

carver9
If we use rogue to the best of her abilities against the last showing of amazo that fought the jla, rogue wins this 10/10 and easily.

She had all the powers of everyone that she touched (except juggernaut due to him being a magical being).

In one scenerio she used magneto, hulk, and storms powers at once along with colossus hide and northstars speed and basically ripped through a city in a couple of panels.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by carver9
If we use rogue to the best of her abilities against the last showing of amazo that fought the jla, rogue wins this 10/10 and easily.

She had all the powers of everyone that she touched (except juggernaut due to him being a magical being).

In one scenerio she used magneto, hulk, and storms powers at once along with colossus hide and northstars speed and basically ripped through a city in a couple of panels.

um damn.. where the hell have i been? Where can I see that!

jalek moye
Is fullpower everyone she has ever absorbed?

PRAYERRUN
so...she's basically like a vampiric Mimic...

carver9
Originally posted by Lord Feron
um damn.. where the hell have i been? Where can I see that!

Extreme xmen. She possess all the powers of everyone she touched.

Survivor19
It won't do much to her.
But it will render Amazo inert and powerless. )))

carver9
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
so...she's basically like a vampiric Mimic...

Naah, she's more powerful than mimic. Mimic can only get a max of 5 people and he only can get 50% of the 5 people powers (example, he'll have cyclops powers but it wont be complete, it'll deal out 50% of the damage that cyke powers can unleash.) whereas rogue gets the full 100% of anyone powers that she has.

PRAYERRUN
Naah, she's more powerful than mimic. Mimic can only get a max of 5 people and he only can get 50% of the 5 people powers (example, he'll have cyclops powers but it wont be complete, it'll deal out 50% of the damage that cyke powers can unleash.) whereas rogue gets the full 100% of anyone powers that she has.

Oh ok.

carver9
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
I'm pretty sure Rogue doesn't have the ability to syphon out a cyborg's abilities. Even if she could, what good would it do her?

She wouldnt have to syphon out his powers since she basically have magneto powers to f*** up his cyborg parts.

Then amazo wont be able to copy nothing from her because all of those powers that she has at her possession isnt even hers. He cant copy something that isnt there.

Like I said, if we use rogue at her best, this is a easy stomp since she has touched, thor, hulk, colossus, cyclops, northstar, magneto, apocalypse, wolverine, nightcrawler, kitty pride, storm, jean grey, and the list goes on.

Raptor22
so then is there a difference between her powers and amazos other than she has to touch people to absorb their powers?

PRAYERRUN
Ok well, based on that list, and also based on the fact that she sneak attacks him, she wins without Amazo even seeing her.

carver9
Originally posted by Raptor22
so then is there a difference between her powers and amazos other than she has to touch people to absorb their powers?

I dont know if theres a difference and from what I have recently seen, she lost that ability (she couldnt even absorb ares powers).

It was a comic that star'd her as the villian and she fought both the xmen and avengers and absorbed ALL of there powers and defeated them (its been a while since I read it but I think it took the phoenix to drop her).

Raptor22
good to know thanks

The Nuul
In the final battle, Rogue, finally able to unleash her powers to their full extent, tackles both Namor and Princess Ororo and absorbs their abilities, causing her to overflow with power. She even absorbed the powers of Genis-Vell. Due to the nature of Genis' genetics and powers, half of Rogue's body transforms into a seemingly window to a cosmic landscape of black void dotted with stars. During the end battle, Quicksilver finds the cosmically powered Rogue waiting up top. Pietro slams into Rogue and is sent flying back.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8278/rogue3k.th.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5151/rogue1.th.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/963/rogue2g.th.jpg

chomperx9
amazo has already copied supermans powers and many others. amazo murders her before she attempts to make a move.

The Nuul
Yeah, but OP says she attacks first from behind, thus touching him.

And after Messiah Complex, didn't Rogue go back to classic levels like no Death touch?

carver9
Originally posted by chomperx9
amazo has already copied supermans powers and many others. amazo murders her before she attempts to make a move.

Like I said before, if its rogue at her best she STOMPS amazo. If its normal classic rogue or current rogue then this is a none fight.

If op made this thread for it to be the rogue from extreme xmen, then theres no need for a sneak attack since she could EASILY just whip his ass without breaking a sweat.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Contenders

Rules
Time: Day
Prep Time: -
Time Limit: -
Bloodlust: On
BFR: Off
PIS: Off
CIS: Off

Special Rules
1. Rogue sneak attacks Amazo from behind

she gets a sneak attack? why?

chomperx9
Like I said before, if its rogue at her best she STOMPS amazo. If its normal classic rogue or current rogue then this is a none fight.

If op made this thread for it to be the rogue from extreme xmen, then theres no need for a sneak attack since she could EASILY just whip his ass without breaking a sweat. so rogue from extreme xmen can take out superman GL wonderwoman manhunter flash ?

The Nuul
If not, Rogue = http://www.news-tasmania.com/morning-after/tasmanian-roadkill9.jpg

The Nuul
This is 616 Rogue and not alt version, right? since it wasnt stated.

The Nuul
so rogue from extreme xmen can take out superman GL wonderwoman manhunter flash ?

Unless feats are put up, nope.

carver9
so rogue from extreme xmen can take out superman GL wonderwoman manhunter flash ?

Easily. I can list just a few of her powers that would take out the people that you named as a team.

*She has northstar powers (goes the speed of light)
*Hulk powers (high durability, amazing healing factor, Super strength that increase while mad).
*Storm powers (controls the weather)
*Magneto powers (Let me not even go here on his powers but his forcefield alone would cause trouble).
*Thor powers (she only possess his amazing strength and durability).
*Nightcrawler powers (This is the huge problem, teleport).
*Kitty pride (This completes it, I dont have to go any further)

carver9
Originally posted by The Nuul
Unless feats are put up, nope.

The series didnt go long but its kind of common sense that she could beat them since it was stated that she possessed all of these powers with the knowledge of how to use them. She doesnt need the feats to prove that her powerset should destroy this team.

If amazo didnt have the feats but he possess EVERY power of the jla member, would you think that martian manhunter could defeat him?

Digi
The series didnt go long but its kind of common sense that she could beat them since it was stated that she possessed all of these powers with the knowledge of how to use them. She doesnt need the feats to prove that her powerset should destroy this team.

If amazo didnt have the feats but he possess EVERY power of the jla member, would you think that martian manhunter could defeat him?

Well, part of your argument is correct. But some of the abilities you stated are directly linked to the wielder's experience with them. Hulk's strength needs no introduction, sure, but something like Storm's weather control undoubtedly would. Even knowledge of how to use them isn't quite the same. BRB has knowledge of wielding his hammer, but we can't use Thor's feats for him. As comic readers, for another example, we have knowledge of how to use, say, Cyclops's abilities. That wouldn't make us as good with them as he is. Nearly any other character can apply to that example.

I'm intrigued by this debate, which I won't comment on because I didn't read the Rogue arc where she did all of this. But it wouldn't quite be like rolling all of those characters into one.

carver9
Originally posted by Digi
Well, part of your argument is correct. But some of the abilities you stated are directly linked to the wielder's experience with them. Hulk's strength needs no introduction, sure, but something like Storm's weather control undoubtedly would. Even knowledge of how to use them isn't quite the same. BRB has knowledge of wielding his hammer, but we can't use Thor's feats for him. As comic readers, for another example, we have knowledge of how to use, say, Cyclops's abilities. That wouldn't make us as good with them as he is. Nearly any other character can apply to that example.

I'm intrigued by this debate, which I won't comment on because I didn't read the Rogue arc where she did all of this. But it wouldn't quite be like rolling all of those characters into one.

I agree with your post but theres one thing that helps my argument, she gains the memories of each person that she touch. So basically, every power that she has absorbed, she gains the memory of how to use them (which was also stated in xtreme xmen).

Now if she didnt have that ability, if she just went around touching people, taking there powers without having any knowledge, then your argument would be 100% precise but her powers work in more of an advanced way.

A good example of this is when she fought both the xmen and avengers teamed-up. She got there powers and used it just as good as they do/did and this was power that came to her in only that series. Rogue wins this in a stomp.

Survivor19
Since Rogue not only absorbs powers, but memories and experience and stuff as well...

carver9
Originally posted by Survivor19
Since Rogue not only absorbs powers, but memories and experience and stuff as well...

If she absorbs there memories I'm pretty sure that would come with the experience part also. This has been said since the beginning of her appearance. A good example of this is when she absorbed Ms. Marvel powers and had to deal with all the memories of everything Ms. marvel had throughout rogue entire life.

Another example of this is when she touched gambit and broke up with him by seeing all of the horrible things that he did in the past.

Survivor19
I mean, she is experienced with powers she'd absorbed as much as original wielders were.

-Pr-
hmm. what's to stop amazon copying the powers rogue has and adding them to his own?

The Nuul
Good feats for Rogue if it happend but Amazo runs a on higher level and has better feats.

Juntai
Originally posted by -Pr-
hmm. what's to stop amazon copying the powers rogue has and adding them to his own? amazon huh?
something on the brain?

The Nuul
hmm. what's to stop amazon copying the powers rogue has and adding them to his own?

WW fanboy, claiming she can copy powas!!!!!

Juntai
laughing out loud

-Pr-
Originally posted by Juntai
amazon huh?
something on the brain?

WW fanboy, claiming she can copy powas!!!!!

laughing out loud

my bad.

Amazo.

Kris Blaze
She does not have sufficient power to deal with Amazo. You think Northstar's speed and Hulk's strength is going to take on someone with the combined powers of the JLA? There are 2 simple reasons why Amazo would take this every single time.

- The powers he has are far stronger.
- He has actually SHOWN that he can use his powers properly.

carver9

The only power that he might be able to copy from her would be her absorbing ability since the other powers doesnt even belong to her. Has Amazo ever done anything like that, copy a power from a being that powers doesnt even belong to them.

-Pr-
The only power that he might be able to copy from her would be her absorbing ability since the other powers doesnt even belong to her. Has Amazo ever done anything like that, copy a power from a being that powers doesnt even belong to them.

did he not do it to vixen a while back?

carver9
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
She does not have sufficient power to deal with Amazo. You think Northstar's speed and Hulk's strength is going to take on someone with the combined powers of the JLA? There are 2 simple reasons why Amazo would take this every single time.

- The powers he has are far stronger.
- He has actually SHOWN that he can use his powers properly.

This statement is crazy, rogue has absorbed every member of the avengers and the xmen alone. Thats not even including the people that powers she absorbed outside of these two teams.

If you actually looked at xtreme comics you would know that every power that she used, she used them with skill because she basically absorbed the memories of the people that she touched. The woman used storm and magneto powers at the same time, she's very much precise with it.

By the way, she doesnt just have Northstar speed and hulk strength, she has magneto, jean grey, cyclops, colossus, apocalypse, kitty pride, nightcrawler, thor, hercules, and the list goes on.

The people that I named above in her powerset is enough to take down amazo and this isnt even including the people that she absorbed on the xforce, alpha flight, and xfactor.
confused

carver9
did he not do it to vixen a while back?

When was this and does vixen powers work anything like Rogue?

-Pr-
When was this and does vixen powers work anything like Rogue?

i thought you were a big reader of mcduffie's jla?

carver9
i thought you were a big reader of mcduffie's jla?

I cant get EVERY comic that comes out featuring mcduffie. I'm also a Wolverine fan (my favorite), love the jla, by superman comics, thor comics but lately I havent been buying or reading anything, kind of in a small, bad, financial situation (just moved in a new house and bought me a car at the same time, stupid), unable to buy comics. So I have 4 months of reading to catch up too so can you PLEASE enlighten me on what happened (was this during the time he fought the jla because if so, that has nothing to do with what we're discussing?)

Badabing
When was this and does vixen powers work anything like Rogue? Carver, I'm asking for member deletion powers to take care of posters like you. Banning is too good for you. sneer

stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Carver, I'm asking for member deletion powers to take care of posters like you. Banning is too good for you. sneer

stick out tongue

LOL, you just made me scream laughing, I know my neighbors think I'm a complete alcholic.

Next time can you please warn me of post like this (and please dont be serious sad )

iceman24567
Vixen gets her power from a powerful magical being in his realm he has an unlimited supply of energy she's his avatar kinda like Juggs/Cyttorak

Badabing
LOL, you just made me scream laughing, I know my neighbors think I'm a complete alcholic.

Next time can you please warn me of post like this (and please dont be serious sad ) laughing out loud

You got it and I'm not serious...yet! durfistOriginally posted by iceman24567
Vixen gets her power from a powerful magical being in his realm he has an unlimited supply of energy she's his avatar kinda like Juggs/Cyttorak thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Vixen gets her power from a powerful magical being in his realm he has an unlimited supply of energy she's his avatar kinda like Juggs/Cyttorak

I understand that but its different. I can see amazo copying juggernaut (he would be truly unstoppable if this ever happened) and vixen powers since it is a avatar thats providing them power but all in all, it belongs to THEM.

Its kind of different with Rogue, she basically absorbs the person essence. The only thing that I can see amazo copying from rogue is her copying powers, anything else is basically debatable.

carver9
laughing out loud

You got it and I'm not serious...yet! durfist thumb up

Let me know when you're serious so that I can stop posting for a week (praying that you forget about it).

-Pr-
I cant get EVERY comic that comes out featuring mcduffie. I'm also a Wolverine fan (my favorite), love the jla, by superman comics, thor comics but lately I havent been buying or reading anything, kind of in a small, bad, financial situation (just moved in a new house and bought me a car at the same time, stupid), unable to buy comics. So I have 4 months of reading to catch up too so can you PLEASE enlighten me on what happened (was this during the time he fought the jla because if so, that has nothing to do with what we're discussing?)

eh, i got it wrong. vixen tried to absorb him, and made a mess of it. my bad.

also, i was in a similar situation with my move, so i can sympathise...

carver9
eh, i got it wrong. vixen tried to absorb him, and made a mess of it. my bad.

also, i was in a similar situation with my move, so i can sympathise...

Are we referring to the same part where he was under the jla and superman spotted him with his xray vision, then amazo bust through the ground hitting superman with red rays. Then he takes out other members of the jla and then vixen press her attack by trying to absorb his powers but it counters (dont know what in the hell amazo did) and she ended up passing out.

carver9
Everyone have a good night, I'll talk to you all tomorrow, have to go to work in the morning.

-Pr-
Are we referring to the same part where he was under the jla and superman spotted him with his xray vision, then amazo bust through the ground hitting superman with red rays. Then he takes out other members of the jla and then vixen press her attack by trying to absorb his powers but it counters (dont know what in the hell amazo did) and she ended up passing out.

that's the one. he didn't really counter, vixen just made a mess of it lol...

Xplosive

Rogue, her body can handle having so much power? Is it canon?
I didn't know Rogue is so powerful. If that is true, she is among the most powerful mutants/beings there has been.
Has she shown some limits from how powerful beings she can absorb powers? I mean, absorbing Genis-Vell, that is some serious power, dude. That means that at hear best, she is more powerful than Genis-Vell, since she can take other powers as well and having Genis-Vell powers at the same time also.

SoulDevourer
if the powers Rogue copy are permanent (some o them are, iirc) then their hers, so Amazo can copy those too

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Xplosive

Has she shown some limits from how powerful beings she can absorb powers? I mean, absorbing Genis-Vell, that is some serious power, dude. That means that at hear best, she is more powerful than Genis-Vell, since she can take other powers as well and having Genis-Vell powers at the same time also. she cant copy magic beings iirc

also not sure she can copy Eternity or Galactus lvl. shes badass but she aint Protege ^^

Tazer
Yo.

If op made this thread for it to be the rogue from extreme xmen, then theres no need for a sneak attack since she could EASILY just whip his ass without breaking a sweat.

interesting on how U used 1 of the least powerful version of Amazo to face wat U term "Rogue at her best"........I wonder how she'd fare if she fought the Amazo who (in JLA #27 from 1999) wouldve had the powers of:

Superman, Aquaman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, Flash III, Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner); Wonder Woman, Plastic Man, Zauriel, Oracle II, Huntress II, Steel, Big Barda; Atom II, Animal Man, Aztek, Black Lightning, Bloodwynd, Blue Beetle II, Booster Gold, Captain Atom, Creeper, Elongated Man, Fire, Firestorm II, Jade, Lightray, Mister Miracle II, Obsidian, Power Girl, Ray II, Captain Marvel, Doom Patrol, Doctor Light IV, Starman VII

so, as I see it he's got: FAR above top-tier STR, Telepathy, Phasing, HIGH-END energy abilities, superior MA-skills, insane super-speed, size-changing, matter-manip, necromantic powers, plus the powers of an Angel.

yea, I dont see full-power Rogue "stomping" that; hell, Im not even convinced she'd win after a good fight to be honest.....

Tazer

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

interesting on how U used 1 of the least powerful version of Amazo to face wat U term "Rogue at her best"........I wonder how she'd fare if she fought the Amazo who (in JLA #27 from 1999) wouldve had the powers of:

Superman, Aquaman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, Flash III, Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner); Wonder Woman, Plastic Man, Zauriel, Oracle II, Huntress II, Steel, Big Barda; Atom II, Animal Man, Aztek, Black Lightning, Bloodwynd, Blue Beetle II, Booster Gold, Captain Atom, Creeper, Elongated Man, Fire, Firestorm II, Jade, Lightray, Mister Miracle II, Obsidian, Power Girl, Ray II, Captain Marvel, Doom Patrol, Doctor Light IV, Starman VII

so, as I see it he's got: FAR above top-tier STR, Telepathy, Phasing, HIGH-END energy abilities, superior MA-skills, insane super-speed, size-changing, matter-manip, necromantic powers, plus high-end strategic, technical & deductive reasoning skills...........as well as the powers of an Angel.

yea, I dont see full-power Rogue "stomping" that; hell, Im not even convinced she'd win after a good fight to be honest.....

Tazer

thats the one that superman tricked right?

Tazer
Yo.

yup!

big grin

Tazer

-Pr-
Yo.

yup!

big grin

Tazer

laughing out loud

i used that amazo in a tourney once. was handy to have...

carver9
Yo.

so, as I see it he's got: FAR above top-tier STR, Telepathy, Phasing, HIGH-END energy abilities, superior MA-skills, insane super-speed, size-changing, matter-manip, necromantic powers, plus the powers of an Angel.

Tazer

Using this amazo, it would be an amazing fight because rogue has touched almost everyone in the marvel u.

Dont know who would win and it would be a stupid fight but if we're using recent amazo, he loses in a stomp and xplosive, she was stated a thousand times as being the most powerful being on the planet during the time she possessed all of those powers.

Lord Feron
Using this amazo, it would be an amazing fight because rogue has touched almost everyone in the marvel u.

What a ho...

But seriously. If Rogue gets the jump on Amazo she could win.

I remember the time when Nimrod (i know, im not trying to compare nimrod to Amazo just go with me on this) owned juggs, smacked off his helmet and proceeded to use strange sonic attacks to essentially subdue him. Then the X-men were getting owned by nimrod. Then rogue got desperate and took nightcrawlers and colossus powers and maybe someone else. She went straight for a teleportation blitz combo and not to mention strated to teleport limbs off.

If rogue gets the jump on him, off goes his head via teleport decapitation.

Xplosive
xplosive, she was stated a thousand times as being the most powerful being on the planet during the time she possessed all of those powers.

And whose powers she possessed? What are the issues? Is it cannon? If it is, could you name me issues so that I read them?.

Tazer
Yo.

Dont know who would win and it would be a stupid fight but if we're using recent amazo, he loses in a stomp and xplosive, she was stated a thousand times as being the most powerful being on the planet during the time she possessed all of those powers.

well if we use *that* Amazo sure, given he's out-powered.........but the OP didnt state that, so Im not gonna do so.

big grin

Tazer

Parmaniac
big grin

ok first I thought no one gave a damn about this battle and now...

This matchup was inspired by the other thread where someone stated she would now have full capabilitys of her abilitys and she absorbed 7 JLA Members so I stated she's like an Amazo with boobs.
that's why I made this the question I asked myself was who would win if these 2 beeings that can "steal" others powers collide on each other

Kris Blaze
This statement is crazy, rogue has absorbed every member of the avengers and the xmen alone.

So? I don't give a flying **** really. Her durability is still shit, seeing as light artillery and Vargas was able to take her down in X-treme x-men.

By the way, she doesnt just have Northstar speed and hulk strength, she has magneto, jean grey, cyclops, colossus, apocalypse, kitty pride, nightcrawler, thor, hercules, and the list goes on.

Doesn't make a difference one way or the other. She doesn't get their durability multiplied on to her own, she cannot absorb Apocalypse's artificially granted strength. Rogue's never displayed the combined durability of Thor, Hercules and Hulk. I'm also wondering when she absorbed Hercules, didn't happen in CoC.

Even so she is dependent on her x-gene to function. Which is a walk in the park to deal with for any green lantern.

carver9
So? I don't give a flying **** really. Her durability is still shit, seeing as light artillery and Vargas was able to take her down in X-treme x-men.

Doesn't make a difference one way or the other. She doesn't get their durability multiplied on to her own, she cannot absorb Apocalypse's artificially granted strength. Rogue's never displayed the combined durability of Thor, Hercules and Hulk. I'm also wondering when she absorbed Hercules, didn't happen in CoC.

Even so she is dependent on her x-gene to function. Which is a walk in the park to deal with for any green lantern.

Got a question for ya because your comment actually threw me off; what make
you say that rogue doesnt possess there durability when we have a
showing of her taking Ms. Marvels powers which made her nigh invulnerable?

Also, I would love for you to tell us how they defeated rogue, share it for
the audience because I already know (plot device) but I want you to tell
me why its a low showing.

The Nuul
Also Bendis wanted to write Rogue to be the next cosmic, Marvel and others writers didnt want her to be that powerful, so she was put back to basic after Messiah Complex.

Tazer
Yo.

thats the one that superman tricked right?

correction on my part: it wasnt Supes, but Ray Palmer who came up with the idea that bolloxed Amazo that time.

I goofed here, so this is just giving proper credit where its due........

Tazer

The Nuul
Where are the issue numbers or scans for all of these so called powerful rogue feats?

carver9
Since the beginning of xtreme xmen

-Pr-
Yo.

correction on my part: it wasnt Supes, but Ray Palmer who came up with the idea that bolloxed Amazo that time.

I goofed here, so this is just giving proper credit where its due........

Tazer

oh, well yeah, but it was superman (being the chairman) who enacted it, right?

Since the beginning of xtreme xmen

you should be ashamed of yourself for reading that book. sad

Parmaniac
she gets a sneak attack? why?

I wanted to make sure she absorbs his powers (if possible) and Amazo would absorb her powers (with his adapting aura or whatever he uses to do so)

Tazer
Yo.

oh, well yeah, but it was superman (being the chairman) who enacted it, right?

hrm...........Im really not sure about that.

gonna hafta dbl-check on it.

Tazer

-Pr-
I wanted to make sure she absorbs his powers (if possible) and Amazo would absorb her powers (with his adapting aura or whatever he uses to do so)

ah. i'm not sure if either could drain from each other, to be honest.

Yo.

hrm...........Im really not sure about that.

gonna hafta dbl-check on it.

Tazer

is it not the one where superman shouts "i've disbanded the justice league" or something similar?

Parmaniac
ah. i'm not sure if either could drain from each other, to be honest.

that was the main reason why I even posted this fight

I should have called it "can Amazo and Rogue copy each others powers?"

-Pr-

ah, lol.

i don't think they can, but that's just me...

Lord Feron

I would say Amazo's way of copying powers really has no side effect. LIke he observes you and copies it.

Rogue has a limitation like she needs skin on skin contact. But when she does it the person can drain the power of the person and the person will be pretty weak, depending on how long the contact is.

Anyway if Amazo has no powers she will copy Rogues absorbtion powers and if they just go at it might end up being a dbl KO.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I would say Amazo's way of copying powers really has no side effect. LIke he observes you and copies it.

Rogue has a limitation like she needs skin on skin contact. But when she does it the person can drain the power of the person and the person will be pretty weak, depending on how long the contact is.

Anyway if Amazo has no powers she will copy Rogues absorbtion powers and if they just go at it might end up being a dbl KO.

Rogue does not always get their full powers as well.

Lord Feron

yeah sometimes... also sometimes the effects aren't long lasting.

carver9

Show me one example where she didnt get the full powerset of somone

carver9
She even gets the persons disabilities, thats why she walked around the entire
time with shades on, she had cykes powers but didnt have control of them.

She absorbs EVERYTHING from that person including the full scope of there powers.

Lord Feron

oh i thought he meant doesn't get the other person's full power as in they are left with nothing or something like ares... confused

Tazer
Yo.

is it not the one where superman shouts "i've disbanded the justice league" or something similar?

again, Im *really* not too sure.........

Tazer

carver9
Im home again and I'm back to prove a lot of people wrong. Heres xtreme xmen rogue, her 1st appearance with her using all of her new born power.

She uses the hulk powers, along with cyclops, iceman, stprm, and magneto with just a thought. All of there powers belong to her, the complete set. It also tells you that everyone she touched, she now has access to that power.

Rogue wins this 10/10 against current amazo and it would be a hard fight to judge with rogue vs amazo at his prime.

http://img189.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=09862_Page_05_122_194lo.jpg

http://img227.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=09882_Page_06_122_165lo.jpg

http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=09884_Page_07_122_989lo.jpg

http://img222.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=09932_Page_08_122_25lo.jpg

-Pr-
Im home again and I'm back to prove a lot of people wrong. Heres xtreme xmen rogue, her 1st appearance with her using all of her new born power.

She uses the hulk powers, along with cyclops, iceman, stprm, and magneto with just a thought. All of there powers belong to her, the complete set. It also tells you that everyone she touched, she now has access to that power.

Rogue wins this 10/10 against current amazo and it would be a hard fight to judge with rogue vs amazo at his prime.

the best amazo ever would stomp all over her.

carver9

Even with the combine powers of everyone she touched? I doubt that, if rogue play her cards right.

Do you think magneto powers would work on amazo since he's a cyborg and before you say no do you have proof that it wouldnt work?

Parmaniac

Mean this Timazo?

and sorry as I stated Amazo, I forgot to say I meant the version that was beaten be Supes und Cap Atom in his ear saying that the JLA is officialy disbanded
after Amazo wrecked nearly all Teams on Earth

-Pr-
Even with the combine powers of everyone she touched? I doubt that, if rogue play her cards right.

Do you think magneto powers would work on amazo since he's a cyborg and before you say no do you have proof that it wouldnt work?

you know which amazo i'm talking about right?

honestly, i don't see why magneto's powers wouldn't work.

Mean this Timazo?

and sorry as I stated Amazo, I forgot to say I meant the version that was beaten be Supes und Cap Atom in his ear saying that the JLA is officialy disbanded
after Amazo wrecked nearly all Teams on Earth

aye, the hourman amazo.

the amazo you mentioned would at the very least match if not beat rogue. he could stack powers easily and used them with skill.

carver9
you know which amazo i'm talking about right?

honestly, i don't see why magneto's powers wouldn't work.

aye, the hourman amazo.

the amazo you mentioned would at the very least match if not beat rogue. he could stack powers easily and used them with skill.

I know which one you're talking about, the one that grew in size (at least 20 ft) and whipped the jla ass.

If we're using that amazo, then yeah, he could POSSIBLY win but any other after that, I give rogue a high majority.

Rogue has touched so many people, its kind of hard to beat someone that possess all of that power. The current amazo was powerful but lets not forget, he got stalemated by wonder woman confused .

This rogue possess all of that power along with wolverines martial arts ability (that she displayed when she fought psylock without using her powers).

-Pr-
I know which one you're talking about, the one that grew in size (at least 20 ft) and whipped the jla ass.

If we're using that amazo, then yeah, he could POSSIBLY win but any other after that, I give rogue a high majority.

Rogue has touched so many people, its kind of hard to beat someone that possess all of that power. The current amazo was powerful but lets not forget, he got stalemated by wonder woman confused .

This rogue possess all of that power along with wolverines martial arts ability (that she displayed when she fought psylock without using her powers).

i'm talking about the worlogog one. who would absolutely murder rogue.

he's not using current amazo, and besides, he wasn't stalemated by wonder woman. she held him off for a few seconds, she was never going to match him in a fight.

the amazo in this match did this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg12.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg13.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg14.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg15.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg16.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg17.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg18.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg19.jpg

he had the powers of around 30 JLA members, and he could stack them. you honestly think rogue could beat him?

Kris Blaze

That's not impressive in the least. In fact, those showings barely make it up to around mid herald.

Not what I said.

psycho gundam
amazo is better st the power replication game then rogue is, but this thread begs the question:

if amazo scans rogue, would his programing go into an infinite loop error state, or just discard her power set, or maybe gain all of the power she obtained on top of his mimicked abilities?

carver9
i'm talking about the worlogog one. who would absolutely murder rogue.

he's not using current amazo, and besides, he wasn't stalemated by wonder woman. she held him off for a few seconds, she was never going to match him in a fight.

the amazo in this match did this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg12.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg13.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg14.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg15.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg16.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg17.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg18.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_JLA27pg19.jpg

he had the powers of around 30 JLA members, and he could stack them. you honestly think rogue could beat him?

Naah, not that one but I think she'll give him a fight.

carver9
That's not impressive in the least. In fact, those showings barely make it up to around mid herald.

Not what I said.

Sometimes its just pointless to provide any kind of evidence to you because you throw it out of the window or discredit it because you dont like it.

The point of the scan wasnt to show you how she could knock down some buildings, the point of the scans was too prove you that she has obtain the powers of EVERYONE that she touched.

With that said, since we already know that she has touched everyone on the avengers line up and xmen line up that alone makes her powerful.

Now if you think that she's a mid herald and she is physically everything thor is then that would make thor a low herald since she is by far more powerful than him (since she does have his powers stacked with almost every earth hero and villian in marvel u. Hell she could have had the silver surfer power also if she was able to absorb cosmic energy).

I'm done debating with you Kris because its pointless since you're going to throw everything out of the window UNLESS you could put up a scan showing that she only gets a small fraction of the people powers that she has.

By the way, having storms, magneto, hulk, iceman, and cyclops powers alone would put you way over mid herald. confused

Isnt that the powers that was stated that she was using in my upper scan?

The Nuul
Who cares if Rogue had the powers of the X-Men and Avengers.

QS has shit speed compared to Flash, WW, or Supes.

Cykes blast is shit compared to Supes HV.

Thor is fine, Herc is nothing.

And this list goes on....

Amazo got powers from JLA and some others way out match what Rogue can muster from the Marvel teams. They have way better stats and powers.

Impressive for Rogue but falls way short compared to Amazo.

carver9
Who cares if Rogue had the powers of the X-Men and Avengers.

QS has shit speed compared to Flash, WW, or Supes.

Cykes blast is shit compared to Supes HV.

Thor is fine, Herc is nothing.

And this list goes on....

Amazo got powers from JLA and some others way out match what Rogue can muster from the Marvel teams. They have way better stats and powers.

Impressive for Rogue but falls way short compared to Amazo.

I agree, quicksilver speed aint is shit compare to the flash, thats why she has northstar speed, someone who moves and react at the speed of light.

I agree, the jla line up is more powerful but 90% of the people on the jla line up possess the same powers. Its about the quality of the powers that both have at there desposal and rogue has a better quality of powers.

Powers that ranging from cykes blast (which isnt heat vision, its basically being hit by a hundred tonner repeatadly). She night crawler powers (teleport, along with super speed that she gets from northstar). She has kitty pride powers (cant be touched physically by almost anything short of adamantium). She has hulk strength and durability (which has no limitation). She has magneto powers (which would fu** amazo up). She has iceman powers (flash freeze from the inside out). She has scarlet witch power (lets not even go there) and the list goes on.

I agree, amazo has powerful people in his powerset but the people that he has, almost all of them possess the same abilities whereas rogues powers is different in all ways and give her more to work with.

In the upper scan, I showed you her using these powers at the same time, with just a thought.

Rogue wins this against current amazo; the other amazo in the upper scan from raoul would probably win.

Tazer
Yo.

I agree, the jla line up is more powerful but 90% of the people on the jla line up possess the same powers. Its about the quality of the powers that both have at there desposal and rogue has a better quality of powers.

I agree, amazo has powerful people in his powerset but the people that he has, almost all of them possess the same abilities whereas rogues powers is different in all ways and give her more to work with.

ok, this was the line-up recently: Black Canary, Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Red Tornado, Vixen, Hawkgirl, Black Lightning, Red Arrow.

so which ppl make up the 90% that have the same powers?!??

Rogue wins this against current amazo; the other amazo in the upper scan from raoul would probably win.

thats like saying the BEST Amazo could take out *current* Rogue..........kinda pointless.

Tazer

The Nuul
Also, Amazo showed the ability to copy Zatanna's ability to cast magic using reverse speech.

And also Firestorm and I think Flash was there for him to copy in JLA 23 and 24.

carver9
Yo.

ok, this was the line-up recently: Black Canary, Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Red Tornado, Vixen, Hawkgirl, Black Lightning, Red Arrow.

so which ppl make up the 90% that have the same powers?!??

thats like saying the BEST Amazo could take out *current* Rogue..........kinda pointless.

Tazer

So you honestly think that line up of people powers is more versatile and powerful than someone that has:

Scarlet witch hex powers, Magneto, Hulk, Storm, Northstar, Iceman, Kitty pride Professor x, Jean grey, Kitty pride, thor, Night crawler, cyclops, Bishop (dont want to name anymore, this should be enough).

The jla line up granted Amazo (superman) super strength, speed, high end durability, heat vision, ice breath, and xray vision. (Wonderwoman) she basically didnt provide him anything but an increase in reflexes and a lasso since he got majority of her powers from supes.(green lantern) create things with a thought (one of his most versatile powers).
(Black Canary) sonic yell (not that impressive if you ask me.). (Batman) really didnt give him anything but it did show him throwing batarangs. (Red tornado), create high winds (classic red tornado was a beast and was descrided as being the most powerful being on the planet. More powerful than precrisis supes). (Vixen) dont know much about her, she lame to me but what I do know of her is the ability to absorb powers along with her animal traits that she use to amp herself. (Hawk girl) he earned some wings and a mallet. (Black lightning) he earned the ability to generate red light AND shoot bolts of lightning out. (Red Arrow) Shoot bowing arrows.

Rogue possess:

Hulks: Strength, high end durability, healing factor and the ability to adapt all of these to unknown levels due to emotions.
Magneto: control the light spectrum along with ALL forms of metal. Impenetrable force field and the list goes on with him.
Bishop: absorb kinetic energy and release it through the hands or eyes (<-- done once).
Nightcrawler: high end agility along with the ability to teleport anywhere within a mile radius at a thought.
Thor: high end damage soak ability along with incaculable strength.
Northstar: reflexes and flight is at the speed of light.
Storm: Controls the weather from tornado's, hurricanes, ice, lightning, etc....
Scarlet witch: basically anything she think of happens.
Iceman: deep freeze ability along with the ability to rearange from nothing due to the moisture in the air.
Jean grey: high end telekinesis and telepath
Kitty pride: becomes intagible. Cant be touched by anything short of adamantium.
Cyclops: Shoot powerful blast from his eyes.

I'll let you decide on who's more powerful.

carver9
Also, Amazo showed the ability to copy Zatanna's ability to cast magic using reverse speech.

And also Firestorm and I think Flash was there for him to copy in JLA 23 and 24.

Very true but he didnt use it except that one time.

-Pr-
why do you keep bringing up cyclops, shadowcat, storm and bishop? their powers aren't going to bother someone like amazo in the slightest.

and this isn't HOM wanda that rogue has the powers of, its standard hex wanda, iirc. not exactly a world beater.

Very true but he didnt use it except that one time.

once is enough.

Badabing
Very true but he didnt use it except that one time. Amazo has copied magic more than once. But I don't have the scans... sad

carver9
why do you keep bringing up cyclops, shadowcat, storm and bishop? their powers aren't going to bother someone like amazo in the slightest.

and this isn't HOM wanda that rogue has the powers of, its standard hex wanda, iirc. not exactly a world beater.

once is enough.

Whats up raoul.

I agree, once is enough.

You dont think cyclops blast or storms weather, or kitty pride intagibility or bishop absorbing abilities wont play its part in a fight against amazo. Bishop has some amazing absorbing feats. How is amazo touching kitty pride if she activate her intagibility? Cyclops powers is debatable, I cant see a lot of people standing up to a full optic blast from cyke; you know, the same blast that was stated on panel as being able to rip a small planet in half.

Scarlet witch has some amazing showings with her hex powers, not just hom. Overrall she's very powerful.

carver9
Amazo has copied magic more than once. But I don't have the scans... sad

I believe you, you dont have to put up the scans. Its within his powers to do so. Happy Dance

-Pr-
Whats up raoul.

I agree, once is enough.

You dont think cyclops blast or storms weather, or kitty pride intagibility or bishop absorbing abilities wont play its part in a fight against amazo. Bishop has some amazing absorbing feats. How is amazo touching kitty pride if she activate her intagibility? Cyclops powers is debatable, I cant see a lot of people standing up to a full optic blast from cyke; you know, the same blast that was stated on panel as being able to rip a small planet in half.

Scarlet witch has some amazing showings with her hex powers, not just hom. Overrall she's very powerful.

cyclops blast? no.
storm's weather powers are invalidated by black lightning and tornado.
what kitty can do, flash, gl and superman can do better.
bishop's absorption? against zatanna's magic, firestorm's abilities or GL's ring?

the blast was hyperbole, and there is zero proof that it could rip a planet in half. i wish that weren't the case, but it is.

her amazing showings don't put her in amazo's league, though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
how has this thread made it this far?

Tazer
Yo.

So you honestly think that line up of people powers is more versatile and powerful than someone that has:

thats not wat I said at all. U claimed that 90% of the JLA have the same powers; I showed U the most recent line-up and asked u to show how that was possible.

Tazer

carver9
cyclops blast? no.
storm's weather powers are invalidated by black lightning and tornado.
what kitty can do, flash, gl and superman can do better.
bishop's absorption? against zatanna's magic, firestorm's abilities or GL's ring?

the blast was hyperbole, and there is zero proof that it could rip a planet in half. i wish that weren't the case, but it is.

her amazing showings don't put her in amazo's league, though.

So her being classified as the most powerful being in the world doesnt put her on his level.

Her outright STOMPING the xmen and avenger entire line up by herself with it taking the phoenix to stop her doesnt put her on amazo league.

I agree, it was hyperbole with the cyclops statement.

How is amazo even touching an intagible rogue? You're underrating kitty prides intagibility.

How did amazo use fire storms powers? The only thing I seen him do with it was shoot blast, same for gl?

How is amazo going to fight someone that has hulk strength (which would continuously grow throughout the battle) and hulk and thors durability, along with northstar speed (fighting at the speed of light)?

Also answer this, since we know that amazo is a cyborg, how is he getting past magneto powers? Do you have any kind of proof that he can reverse magneto powers from ripping him into tiny pieces that would be thrown across the universe?

Another thing, he's far away from being invulnerable since we have batman ripping through his leg with a lasor. We have flash going mach 1 stabbing him with a sphere through the chest. confused

-Pr-
So her being classified as the most powerful being in the world doesnt put her on his level.

Her outright STOMPING the xmen and avenger entire line up by herself with it taking the phoenix to stop her doesnt put her on amazo league.

I agree, it was hyperbole with the cyclops statement.

How is amazo even touching an intagible rogue? You're underrating kitty prides intagibility.

How did amazo use fire storms powers? The only thing I seen him do with it was shoot blast, same for gl?

How is amazo going to fight someone that has hulk strength (which would continuously grow throughout the battle) and hulk and thors durability, along with northstar speed (fighting at the speed of light)?

Also answer this, since we know that amazo is a cyborg, how is he getting past magneto powers? Do you have any kind of proof that he can reverse magneto powers from ripping him into tiny pieces that would be thrown across the universe?

Another thing, he's far away from being invulnerable since we have batman ripping through his leg with a lasor. We have flash going mach 1 stabbing him with a sphere through the chest. confused

HoM was the most powerful being in the world, not standard hex wanda.

i'm not underrating kitty at all. i'm simply saying that it becomes pointless when amazo can do it better.

amazo has used firestorm's powers before. he also smacked down jason by travelling interdimensionally to turn his powers off.

because this amazo has superman and wonder woman's strength and durability, and can amp it with both GL and Vixen. that's > hulk and thor.

northstar <<<<<<<<<<<< flash by a long way. even superman is arguably quicker than northstar.

the gl ring can protect him from magneto's powers easily.

so you want to use low showings when he isn't using all his powers, then, even though in the match he's allowed to?

jalek moye

Powers that ranging from cykes blast (which isnt heat vision, its basically being hit by a hundred tonner repeatadly).
heat vision has the same effect along with heat

carver9
HoM was the most powerful being in the world, not standard hex wanda.

i'm not underrating kitty at all. i'm simply saying that it becomes pointless when amazo can do it better.

amazo has used firestorm's powers before. he also smacked down jason by travelling interdimensionally to turn his powers off.

because this amazo has superman and wonder woman's strength and durability, and can amp it with both GL and Vixen. that's > hulk and thor.

northstar <<<<<<<<<<<< flash by a long way. even superman is arguably quicker than northstar.

the gl ring can protect him from magneto's powers easily.

so you want to use low showings when he isn't using all his powers, then, even though in the match he's allowed to?

Rogue doesnt have hom wanda's powers, I'm not referring to her. Regular Wanda was powerful and when I said the most powerful in the world I was referring to rogue, when they classified her as the most powerful being on the planet.

How is amazo going to become more intagible as kitty? Thats next to impossible.

I cant recall him using firestorms powers other than blasting things.

How is a gl or vixen amping superman/wonderwomans abilities? Also, what case does that bring you even if it could that he would be stronger than someone that doesnt have a limit towards his strength (hulk).

Answer this, how fast does the flash have to go to enter the speed force? To my knowledge its light speed and since amazo has flash powers (doesnt have the ability to generate the speed force, nothing to prove this on panel) then his only max speed is the speed of light which would make him equal to rogue. Supes, lets not go there, I'm leaving this alone, want to stay on topic.

I disagree with the gl ring protecting him from a being of magneto caliber of magnetism. If metal is there, I dont think theres anything stop magneto from tampering with it. Hes the master of magnetism.

How is that a low showing, does he have the ability to change his durability during battles. He was pierce a thousand times throughout his fight with the jla. He question his durability when he fought diana by dodging her punch to the face instead of just taking it. His durability was lacking and the powers that rogue possess would rip all in him if he's not careful.

carver9
Originally posted by jalek moye
heat vision has the same effect along with heat

No it doesnt. Cyclop blast is a concussive blast whereas supes heat vision burns the hell out of you.

Now I do remember times where supes has actually pushed people back with his heat vision but its still different than cykes blast.

-Pr-
Rogue doesnt have hom wanda's powers, I'm not referring to her. Regular Wanda was powerful and when I said the most powerful in the world I was referring to rogue, when they classified her as the most powerful being on the planet.

oh right, my bad.

how? a gl can do it with no effort.

he does have them though, and the knowledge to use them. that's how amazo works.

a gl (as hal did) can amp his strength to superman levels. vixen can call on her own powers to add to that.

no. amazo blitzed wally. you read the comic didn't you?

he doesn't have to enter the speedforce to break lightspeed. i don't know where you got that idea.

a gl's shield can block psionic signals from penetrating it. magneto's control over magnetism is psionic. therefore, a gl ring can do it.

or with firestorm's powers, he could simply transmute his own body in to something less metallic.

he has to activate superman's powers to use superman's durability. he doesn't just automatically have it once he drains it. once he turns them on, he's golden.

No it doesnt. Cyclop blast is a concussive blast whereas supes heat vision burns the hell out of you.

Now I do remember times where supes has actually pushed people back with his heat vision but its still different than cykes blast.

superman's blast does have concussive force, though.

Tazer
Yo.

How is amazo going to become more intagible as kitty? Thats next to impossible.

I dont know about MORE THAN, but he certainly can be AS intangible.

I cant recall him using firestorms powers other than blasting things.

he might not have, but that doesnt preclude him from being able to use it in the same way as FS

How is a gl or vixen amping superman/wonderwomans abilities? Also, what case does that bring you even if it could that he would be stronger than someone that doesnt have a limit towards his strength (hulk).

GLs can amp a normal humans STR to superhuman levels; Hal has done so a few times (last time I recall it being expressly done was against Mongul.

and while Hulk has no theoretical upper limit, its not like he starts out cl200 or anything.......

Answer this, how fast does the flash have to go to enter the speed force? To my knowledge its light speed and since amazo has flash powers (doesnt have the ability to generate the speed force, nothing to prove this on panel) then his only max speed is the speed of light which would make him equal to rogue. Supes, lets not go there, I'm leaving this alone, want to stay on topic.

no, its PAST ls; U have to hit just past C to break the time barrier, so U have to go faster than that.

and just so ya know the Marvels can go past C also, w/o access to the SF.

I disagree with the gl ring protecting him from a being of magneto caliber of magnetism. If metal is there, I dont think theres anything stop magneto from tampering with it. Hes the master of magnetism.

it would require all Rogue concentration using Mags power just to immobilize the Ring, meanwhile Amazo has other powers & abilities at its disposal to take the fight to her. meanwhile, it can protect itself by throwing up an anti-magnetic shield.

Tazer

carver9
Why do you start all of your post off with this? Just curious.

I agree with this statement which raoul proved in the upper post.

I agree but I at least want to see SOMETHING indicating that he can use his powers like firestorm. If you ask for the same from me, I could easily throw up a scan where rogue touched someone and gained there powers along with the ability to use that power.

Hulk might not start off at a class 200 but his strength can increase instantly unless you forgot about that surprise 150 billion ton mountain dropping on a hulk that was caught off guard and he held it up without to much trouble.

I agree; that was the main reason why jay borrowed black adams speed, so that he can hit light speed and beyond to enter the speed force.

I agree with this and its a scene that I remember (that I havent used against rauol yet) where flash needed someone as fast as him to reach the clock tower on the other side of the planet but both of them had to go light speed (I forgot the reason why, didnt read the book in a while) and superman admitted that he was unable to do it and chose Captain marvel as being fast enough to keep up with the flash. I always thought of the marvels speed=flash>supes; to much on panel evidence proving this.

I disagree; magneto has taken over the entire planet earth by controlling the electro magnetic spectrum surrounding earth (couldnt think of the right phrase to use, sleepy). He also change adamantium to liquid and has a thousand more things he has done. It would be a walk in the park at ripping amazo in half.

Tazer
Yo.

Why do you start all of your post off with this? Just curious.

becuz thats how I answer the fone; true story. big grin

I agree but I at least want to see SOMETHING indicating that he can use his powers like firestorm. If you ask for the same from me, I could easily throw up a scan where rogue touched someone and gained there powers along with the ability to use that power.

sure, becuz thats how HER power works; Amazo does its thing thru a "absorption cells" of some sort, and as far as I can tell they simply *do* wat they do.

put it to ya this way: in JLA #23 he mimic'd Zatanna's *magic*, and used Reverse-Speech to render the effect. that sounds like proof enuff to me.

Hulk might not start off at a class 200 but his strength can increase instantly unless you forgot about that surprise 150 billion ton mountain dropping on a hulk that was caught off guard and he held it up without to much trouble.

I didnt forget anything, and Hulk didnt hold up that WHOLE mountain.

the fact is that while it goes up w/his rage, its not like he goes from cl100 to cl150 in a single burst generally. could I give a quantification on how much it DOES increase by?? no, but it certainly wont put him out of reach of others who wanna fight'im..

I disagree; magneto has taken over the entire planet earth by controlling the electro magnetic spectrum surrounding earth (couldnt think of the right phrase to use, sleepy). He also change adamantium to liquid and has a thousand more things he has done. It would be a walk in the park at ripping amazo in half.

and he's also had his forcefields removed by Mjolnir, which means that since its still ENERGY, it can be messed with. and he's also not had to do so while FIGHTING anybody as powerful as a GL, which is a whole other thing completely.

so while its far from a definite thing, its still a possibility, as we ARE talking about somebody who can mimick a GL-Ring (which has made the possible reality many a time.

Tazer

Kris Blaze
Magneto never took over the planet.

And only in Carver's deluded mind did Rogue stomp the Avengers and X-men. Time this ****er's banned.

Tazer
Yo.

And only in Carver's deluded mind did Rogue stomp the Avengers and X-men. Time this ****er's banned.

banned?? wat for?!??

Tazer

SoulDevourer
rogues good but shes outa her league here

carver9
LOL, you dont mind if i use that, do you.

good example and i agree with the above.

Who held it up with him?

To many examples of hulk strength incresing immediately.

Mjlonir is one of the most powerful weapon in Marvel u, it got past Cytorrak enchantment on Juggernaut and weakened him. Hell, mjlonir has accomplished so much, I'm surprised that thor himself isnt classified as a sky father.

Now if we use magneto shields at norm, he has taken a blast from galactus, the phoenix, a hammer toss from thor, etc.... so the gl affecting it is kind of debatable.

I agree, amazo is VERY powerful. I'll try to find more things on rogue to help out in this debate but the scans that I presented alone should be more than enough (simply said that she has control over EVERYONE powers that she touched) to prove that this would be a stalemate or a undecided fight in my eyes. Current amazo didnt seem as powerful to me as his classic self.

carver9
Magneto never took over the planet.

I'll get some scans for ya (I honestly think I got him mixed up with doctor poloris. I'll check and see though.).

carver9
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
rogues good but shes outa her league here

OOOORRR she could just be underrated. sad

carver9
I would like to post something, to prove that rogue possessing northstar powers will be able to keep up with amazo and also prove to raoul that Northstar combat speed and flight is>>superman.

Start off with something simple, a minor blitz from northstar that show multiple of punches in a second.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/xm-164-14.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/xm-164-15.jpg

Northstar moving at super speed dodging light objects, etc....

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/MM18-08.jpg

Northstar fighting so fast that there isnt even a body visible. No after images, nothing, just people getting hit and dont even know where its coming from.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/xmen190005qg7.jpg

Northstar hitting sasquash with a hundred punches in less than a second.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight12-19.jpg

With one fist, northstar punch hulk a hundred times.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AF29.jpg

Punches someone a thousand times per second (damn).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_22.jpg

-Pr-
I would like to post something, to prove that rogue possessing northstar powers will be able to keep up with amazo and also prove to raoul that Northstar combat speed and flight is>>superman.

Start off with something simple, a minor blitz from northstar that show multiple of punches in a second.

Northstar moving at super speed dodging light objects, etc....

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/MM18-08.jpg

Northstar fighting so fast that there isnt even a body visible. No after images, nothing, just people getting hit and dont even know where its coming from.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/xmen190005qg7.jpg

Northstar hitting sasquash with a hundred punches in less than a second.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight12-19.jpg

With one fist, northstar punch hulk a hundred times.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AF29.jpg

Punches someone a thousand times per second (damn).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_22.jpg

no

still doesn't do it.

also, she can't keep up with amazo. he had wally's speed. that's miles above anything northstar has ever pulled off.

also, the one where you say there's no blur? there is. you're misrepresenting other scans too. stop it.

carver9
Why doesnt it do it? Can you provide me with any kind of evidence that supes can punch even close to what northstar did?

Amazo while fighting flash only punched at a 1000 times per second which is what I have shown you northstar can do.

I'm referring to when he knocked emma out, there was nothing showing who did it. When he attack cyclops, he allowed a after image to be seen.

I'm not trying to misrepresent anything and if I did, my bad. What was it that I misrepresented? Just want to know since I have these scans saved and would possibly use them again.

Badabing
Why doesnt it do it? Can you provide me with any kind of evidence that supes can punch even close to what northstar did?

Amazo while fighting flash only punched at a 1000 times per second which is what I have shown you northstar can do.

I'm referring to when he knocked emma out, there was nothing showing who did it. When he attack cyclops, he allowed a after image to be seen.

I'm not trying to misrepresent anything and if I did, my bad. What was it that I misrepresented? Just want to know since I have these scans saved and would possibly use them again. facepalm

The Nuul
Its funny how one sided this thread is.

Maybe we should have Northstar at High Herald since he can match speed feats of ANY JLA member.

carver9
facepalm

Bada, I havent received this from you in a week. You have just destroyed all of my pride. sad

-Pr-

you say you read superman comics. superman has speed feats like this all the time.

flash was injured, and Amazo performed 1000 MA moves in less than a second. not PER second, less than.

he took down a bunch of people without superhuman reflexes. superman has moved through rooms while invisible without leaving a trace of his presence, which is much harder than the odd punch here and there.

i'll show you.

that one is fine, except superman has done it tons of times against people with reflexes almost matching his own.

those are sonic blasts, which means they move at the speed of sound. superman can do that with his eyes closed.

i already addressed that above.

that one's fine.

nothing wrong with that scan, but no speed is given, so...

it isn't a thousand times per second. it's a thousand times before he can react (or process that he's being attacked, which isn't that big a deal). if someone hits an average human hard enough, it can take you three to four seconds to recover and react.

Badabing
Bada, I havent received this from you in a week. You have just destroyed all of my pride. sad mmm

I've been busy. I'll make sure to facepalm and dur you more in the future.

biscuits

carver9
Love him just like I love gladiator but I kind of have my opinions on both and I kind of feel like either of them cant fight anywhere CLOSE to what northstar is capable of.

I agree with this, cant argue with it.

He not only took them down but it was stated that he was combating at the speed of light with the phrase "northstar goes 186000 mps which is much faster than cykes blast" (I think thats how the phrase went.)

I agree with this, superman does have some similar feats, thats why I used that one first.

HHHMMMM, not with his eyes close but I do think that he can do it. Not arguing there.

I agree with this also, cant argue with it.

Now can you show me SOMETHING proving that supes max punches within a second. Supes has been out longer than northstar, I know you can provide me with something that give a description on the amount of punches he can make within a second.

carver9
mmm

I've been busy. I'll make sure to facepalm and dur you more in the future.

biscuits

LOL, I'll make sure to post when you're not on. Happy Dance

carver9
You all have a good night, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

-Pr-
nope, it didn't stick out tongue

it said the speed of light was what, 186000 miles per second. it says cyclops' visor is considerably slower. it says northstar "steps in to the gap and exploits it elegantly."

fast, yes, but C? Not so sure.

speed of sound is slower than a standard bullet travels. yes, with his eyes closed. stick out tongue

tell you what. name a villain that could take 1000 superman punches without being turned to mush, and i'll go look for the scan. stick out tongue

there is no "1000 punches a second" scan for superman, because he's never going to fight someone that requires 1000 punches to beat. he has, however, performed feats that show complex hand movement in the space seconds or less. when he rebuilt bizarro metropolis, or when he went to the other side of the world, dealt with a volcano, and came back to lois in the space of a panel or two. or when he builds machines in almost no time at all.

and even then, there are the scans with mongul, dd rex, imperiex probes, etc, where he's shown to blitz them.

chomperx9
You all have a good night, I'll talk to you tomorrow. its been a bad night but thank you

Xplosive
Rogue possess:

Hulks: Strength, high end durability, healing factor and the ability to adapt all of these to unknown levels due to emotions.
Magneto: control the light spectrum along with ALL forms of metal. Impenetrable force field and the list goes on with him.
Bishop: absorb kinetic energy and release it through the hands or eyes (<-- done once).
Nightcrawler: high end agility along with the ability to teleport anywhere within a mile radius at a thought.
Thor: high end damage soak ability along with incaculable strength.
Northstar: reflexes and flight is at the speed of light.
Storm: Controls the weather from tornado's, hurricanes, ice, lightning, etc....
Scarlet witch: basically anything she think of happens.
Iceman: deep freeze ability along with the ability to rearange from nothing due to the moisture in the air.
Jean grey: high end telekinesis and telepath
Kitty pride: becomes intagible. Cant be touched by anything short of adamantium.
Cyclops: Shoot powerful blast from his eyes.

I'll let you decide on who's more powerful.

As it seems Rogue could be one of the most powerful beings in MU. And she became even more powerful. Good they didn't use HOM Wanda. Anyway, she (I am certain) wouldn't be able to absorb her powers, not even close. She is extremely powerful. Since Wanda there wasn't such powerful being from Earth. Although she doesn't come close to Wanda. And as it seems Rogue was the most powerful on Earth in the time.

Cyclops powers is debatable, I cant see a lot of people standing up to a full optic blast from cyke; you know, the same blast that was stated on panel as being able to rip a small planet in half.

Wouldn't matter to Amazo at all. Anyway, Amazo advantage over her is speed, which not even Northstar could help.
Over that Rogue with such powers, Amazo wins.

Although I would like to read more about it. Could someone provide me all issues when she was at her best, please!? Which issue started it and when it ended?

Tazer
Yo.

LOL, you dont mind if i use that, do you.

*pfft!*

not at all; feel free. wink

Who held it up with him?

nobody, cuz he only held up that part where they were caught under; I dont think *WE'RE* supposed to think that Hulk had the entire weight of that mountain on his back.

To many examples of hulk strength incresing immediately.

and theres just as many where they dont, which tells us that it doesnt happen ALL the time, and it certainly doesnt put him in an elite STR-tier right at the start of a fight.

Mjlonir is one of the most powerful weapon in Marvel u, it got past Cytorrak enchantment on Juggernaut and weakened him. Hell, mjlonir has accomplished so much, I'm surprised that thor himself isnt classified as a sky father.

Now if we use magneto shields at norm, he has taken a blast from galactus, the phoenix, a hammer toss from thor, etc.... so the gl affecting it is kind of debatable.

I dont think he'd be classified as a sky father since its not HIS POWER that accomplished those feats.......

taking a blast from something is different than something which specifically acts to dismantle a shields formation. IOW, a wall might withstand several sledge-hammer blows, but if U use a chisel *or* throw acid on that wall it can/will do the same feat. its just how 1 goes about it.

similarly, we're talking about ENERGY here, and this is something that GLs deal with all the time. so freakin' wat if the Ring doesnt simply breakthru, when it can just de-stabilize the energy pattern, weaken & then absorb it.

I agree, amazo is VERY powerful. I'll try to find more things on rogue to help out in this debate but the scans that I presented alone should be more than enough (simply said that she has control over EVERYONE powers that she touched) to prove that this would be a stalemate or a undecided fight in my eyes. Current amazo didnt seem as powerful to me as his classic self.

which is fine, cuz the OP didnt state which version of Amazo would be used at first, however Parm _did clarify_ which 1 was to be so a few pages ago.

Tazer

carver9
Yo.

*pfft!*

not at all; feel free. wink

nobody, cuz he only held up that part where they were caught under; I dont think *WE'RE* supposed to think that Hulk had the entire weight of that mountain on his back.

and theres just as many where they dont, which tells us that it doesnt happen ALL the time, and it certainly doesnt put him in an elite STR-tier right at the start of a fight.

I dont think he'd be classified as a sky father since its not HIS POWER that accomplished those feats.......

taking a blast from something is different than something which specifically acts to dismantle a shields formation. IOW, a wall might withstand several sledge-hammer blows, but if U use a chisel *or* throw acid on that wall it can/will do the same feat. its just how 1 goes about it.

similarly, we're talking about ENERGY here, and this is something that GLs deal with all the time. so freakin' wat if the Ring doesnt simply breakthru, when it can just de-stabilize the energy pattern, weaken & then absorb it.

which is fine, cuz the OP didnt state which version of Amazo would be used at first, however Parm _did clarify_ which 1 was to be so a few pages ago.

Tazer

Dont have much to say AGAINST this post, it was nothing but the truth.

I do have one comment though, in secret wars, it did state that hulk held 150 billions tons by himself. Then reed proceeded at making hulk mad so that he could throw the mountain off of them.

He soloed that feat.

carver9
nope, it didn't stick out tongue

it said the speed of light was what, 186000 miles per second. it says cyclops' visor is considerably slower. it says northstar "steps in to the gap and exploits it elegantly."

fast, yes, but C? Not so sure.

speed of sound is slower than a standard bullet travels. yes, with his eyes closed. stick out tongue

tell you what. name a villain that could take 1000 superman punches without being turned to mush, and i'll go look for the scan. stick out tongue

there is no "1000 punches a second" scan for superman, because he's never going to fight someone that requires 1000 punches to beat. he has, however, performed feats that show complex hand movement in the space seconds or less. when he rebuilt bizarro metropolis, or when he went to the other side of the world, dealt with a volcano, and came back to lois in the space of a panel or two. or when he builds machines in almost no time at all.

and even then, there are the scans with mongul, dd rex, imperiex probes, etc, where he's shown to blitz them.

I agree with almost everything in this post also but I want to say this, every comic involving bizarro involves some of the high end feats in comics, they make the comic into a comedy show (example of this is when supes punch amazo from one end of the planet to the other end where only his head pop out the dirt. Punch him straight through the planet). I rarely use feats or even look at comics presenting bizarro because half of the time, the writers doesnt take it seriously.

Its plenty of people that could withstand a thousand punches from superman and there was cases where he needed to do almost ANYTHING to drop an opponent. I think that doomsday, darkseid, zod, etc.... all could take those punches and could be contious while this is going on. By the way, superman blitz punches seems much weaker than his none blitz punches (just my opinion though).

I dont think he has the feats because he cant do it. I dont think wonder woman has the feats because she cant do it either but I do agree with one thing though, supes does have some amazing showings using his speed and I give you a thumbs up on that, I'm not saying hes slow at all because he's not.

Tazer
Yo.

Dont have much to say AGAINST this post, it was nothing but the truth.

I do have one comment though, in secret wars, it did state that hulk held 150 billions tons by himself. Then reed proceeded at making hulk mad so that he could throw the mountain off of them.

He soloed that feat.

I dont remem offhand if Reed quoted the amount of rock dropped on them, but theres no argument over him soloing that lifting feat.

wink

Tazer

-Pr-
I agree with almost everything in this post also but I want to say this, every comic involving bizarro involves some of the high end feats in comics, they make the comic into a comedy show (example of this is when supes punch amazo from one end of the planet to the other end where only his head pop out the dirt. Punch him straight through the planet). I rarely use feats or even look at comics presenting bizarro because half of the time, the writers doesnt take it seriously.

Its plenty of people that could withstand a thousand punches from superman and there was cases where he needed to do almost ANYTHING to drop an opponent. I think that doomsday, darkseid, zod, etc.... all could take those punches and could be contious while this is going on. By the way, superman blitz punches seems much weaker than his none blitz punches (just my opinion though).

I dont think he has the feats because he cant do it. I dont think wonder woman has the feats because she cant do it either but I do agree with one thing though, supes does have some amazing showings using his speed and I give you a thumbs up on that, I'm not saying hes slow at all because he's not.

bizarro is a legitimately powerful being, though. having the mental capacity of a child doesn't, or rather shouldn't, diminish that.

you seriously think superman could punch zod a thousand times and the guy would survive?

carver9
bizarro is a legitimately powerful being, though. having the mental capacity of a child doesn't, or rather shouldn't, diminish that.

you seriously think superman could punch zod a thousand times and the guy would survive?

I think if zod, black adam (without the use of magic), captain marvel (without the use of magic), wonder woman, etc.... punched superman a thousand time in a second, he would survive.

Blitz punches isnt that powerful to me and even if they were everyone in the list above have high end durability and has withstood thing far greater than just physical punches.

Now them still being awake is the question, but alive, I think it would take much more than that to kill them.

Got a question for ya; why didnt an enrage superman hit wonder woman (thinking she was doomsday) with a thousand punches in a second? He was trying to kill her since he seen vision of doomsday ripping lois stomach out.

-Pr-
I think if zod, black adam (without the use of magic), captain marvel (without the use of magic), wonder woman, etc.... punched superman a thousand time in a second, he would survive.

then we disagree.

what do you mean "just" physical punches?

he was being controlled by maxwell lord, and wasn't in his right mind in the slightest. max lord isn't the only villain to make superman think he's watching lois being killed.

carver9
I wish we can see things eye to eye but...... its kind of common for us to disagree. sad

Look at the doomsday rex vs superman fight. Superman clearly hit doomsday with numerous of blitz punches which doesnt get doomsday attention. Superman then hits him with a solid punch to the stomach and knocks the wind out of him. A lot more example, dont want to type all of them.

I think you're kind of overlooking what happened to superman in the max lord saga. He was given VISIONS from max lord and max lord made superman SEE wonder woman as doomsday. Thats why during the battle superman was questioning what doomsday was trying to do to him (example, when wonder woman threw the lasso).

There were also other instances where superman was thinking during his fight against wonder woman.

When I think of mind control I think of it as in a way where someone is basically controlling you, your every action. Max lord wasnt CONTROLLING superman, he put visions in his head that drove him mad. With that said, that was still superman fighting. Hell during the fight, he stood still so that he could HEAR where wonder woman disappeared to, listening for a heart beat. That doesnt sound like someone that is mind controlled or fighting crazy. That was a pissed supes.

-Pr-
Look at the doomsday rex vs superman fight. Superman clearly hit doomsday with numerous of blitz punches which doesnt get doomsday attention. Superman then hits him with a solid punch to the stomach and knocks the wind out of him. A lot more example, dont want to type all of them.

how do you know those punches weren't wearing him down?

it's contradicted by other showings, so it becomes an exception rather than a rule. look at "ending battle" for instance.

seeing lois die simply isn't enough to push superman over the edge. and he was being controlled by max lord to an extent.

yes, because he was being influenced.

that's assuming there's only one kind of mind control, when there isn't. he was influencing superman. why did superman have wonder woman in a choke hold when max was talking about her being on her knees, then? superman wouldn't do that too doomsday.

the hearing thing was bullshit, plain and simple. he'd have heard her coming.

a pissed supes is different from an out of control supes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.