sabretooth vs midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
battle takes place in the deep canadian woods during its worse winter ever, low visibility, low temperatures... locate and defeat one another.

only intel is that they are each highly trained cold blooded killers..

sabretooth adamantium.

midnighter no door usage.

Enyalus
Trent wins.

The Nuul
Creed

Tha C-Master
I was thinking about a thread like this. I'm sure there are going to be about 2 or 3 people that says Creed stomps because he is Logan 2.0 but this should be a decent fight. I am going to go with a split for the time being, I might be open to changing my mind though.

Original Smurph
Sabertooth, easily

Juk3n
This is Sabes with all the trimmings im assuming. The adamantium is too much imo, Midnighter is a beast, and he can inflict hardcore damage on squishy targets no doubt...but what is he going to to against Adamantium?

Atleast we could be confident in him ripping limbs off of Sabretooth if he didn't have the adamantium, but as it stands...

Creed, 10 very very truly hard fights out of 10.

Wild Shadow
well if a mod can add two categories one being adamantium and the other being non adamantium. i guess we have something more to discuss.

StyleTime
Sabertooth for the majority.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Juk3n
This is Sabes with all the trimmings im assuming. The adamantium is too much imo, Midnighter is a beast, and he can inflict hardcore damage on squishy targets no doubt...but what is he going to to against Adamantium?

Atleast we could be confident in him ripping limbs off of Sabretooth if he didn't have the adamantium, but as it stands...

Creed, 10 very very truly hard fights out of 10. I don't think it's so much the adamantium as it is the healing. I'm asking though, are we saying that no street level characters can damage Sabretooth?

The Nuul
Mid is not a street leveler, and without prep pretty much yes, no street leveler like Batman or DD can hurt a upgraded Creed.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I don't think it's so much the adamantium as it is the healing. I'm asking though, are we saying that no street level characters can damage Sabretooth?

Healing factor doesn't stop someone with enough strength puching a hole through your chest. Adamantium however, does. Durability goes up to a level where fists and boot heels won't account for much.

And as for a street leveler damaging sabretooth, sure, they can cleave some flesh, if that counts..he'll heal of course, but as for SERIOUS damage. I challenge anyone to name me a street leveller inflicting incapacitating damage on Sabretooth prime, un-prepd ofcourse.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by The Nuul
Mid is not a street leveler, and without prep pretty much yes, no street leveler like Batman or DD can hurt a upgraded Creed. Maybe a step above, but what do we consider street leveler then?

Healing factor doesn't stop someone with enough strength puching a hole through your chest. Adamantium however, does. Durability goes up to a level where fists and boot heels won't account for much.

And as for a street leveler damaging sabretooth, sure, they can cleave some flesh, if that counts..he'll heal of course, but as for SERIOUS damage. I challenge anyone to name me a street leveller inflicting incapacitating damage on Sabretooth prime, un-prepd ofcourse. Well the adamantium won't absorb the extra vibration, that means when blunt trauma hits, a lot of vibratrion still goes to the host, especially with harder metals. Adamantium helps, but it just goes better with the HF.

Is Sabretooth prime a new Sabretooth? Regardless I'll look into what you are saying, but I'm sure he can be hurt. I'm sure it has happened with his career.

I gave it a split as I'm sure either can win, but I'm just wondering who Sabretooth can be hurt by, it almost seems like he's the Hulk.

The Nuul
Maybe a step above, but what do we consider street leveler then?

Well the adamantium won't absorb the extra vibration, that means when blunt trauma hits, a lot of vibratrion still goes to the host, especially with harder metals. Adamantium helps, but it just goes better with the HF.

Is Sabretooth prime a new Sabretooth? Regardless I'll look into what you are saying, but I'm sure he can be hurt. I'm sure it has happened with his career.

I gave it a split as I'm sure either can win, but I'm just wondering who Sabretooth can be hurt by, it almost seems like he's the Hulk.

Street level is like Batman, Punisher or DD. Mid has extra stuff that gives him a huge edge over any street leveler.

Digi
Street generally refers to anyone without innate powers. Those who are excellent MA'ers but nothing else usually fit the category, as does anyone who is peak human strength/durability or below. Exceptions exist, of course, but that's a good rough definition. Anyway, MNer does have implants, upgrades, abilities, etc. that make him metahuman.

carver9
Maybe a step above, but what do we consider street leveler then?

Well the adamantium won't absorb the extra vibration, that means when blunt trauma hits, a lot of vibratrion still goes to the host, especially with harder metals. Adamantium helps, but it just goes better with the HF.

Sabertooth prime is the one that ran through wolverine, maverick, deadpool, etc... like they were nothing.

Sabertooth prime is the one that broke wolverine out of prison, THEN fought him and whipped his ass without wolverine even landing a lick. Wolverine then mentions that he can tell sabertooth healing factor, speed, and strength was increased (this was during the time that they were fighting).

Prime sabertooth is the one that high jacked a mansion, came up a elevator, had 12 gunmen with shot guns and machine guns up stairs waiting for the elevator to open. As soon as the elevator doors open, they unload on him with everything they got and he doesnt flinch or even register any sign of pain and kills all of them.

With that said, Sabertooth, 8/10.

Midnighter has no way of dropping him and thats not even including the fact that Sabertooth is faster, stronger, more durable, has a healing factor, has a one shot kill weapon and bones is laced in adamantium, could be a better fighter, and just out right more of a vicious fighter than midnighter.

Digi
Sabertooth Prime?

laughing out loud

Please tell me that the name is a fan creation. If it's not, Marvel has officially lost me.

The Nuul
Never heard of it but it prob just means its fully upgraded or in his prime.

Wild Shadow
i like how some ppl like to say that sabe is just a dumb animal that can be beat by ppl like cap,DD and ironfist... when they try to downgrade logan by saying he cant even consistently beat sabretooth... angel

Digi
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i like how some ppl like to say that sabe is just a dumb animal that can be beat by ppl like cap,DD and ironfist... when they try to downgrade logan by saying he cant even consistently beat sabretooth... angel

Curious. Who says that? I haven't seen it on here, though I'll admit that I'm not one to follow too many Sabertooth threads. And keep in mind there's a fairly subtantial difference between him with and w/o adamantium, which may account for some of those opinions. In fact, it's probably the difference altogther in a fight such as this.

Wild Shadow
just ppl in general not here though you guys are geniuses here....

soooo would it make a big difference if this was just bone clawed sabe in this fight since the general consensus so far is adamantium sabe wins?..

Digi
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
soooo would it make a big difference if this was just bone clawed sabe in this fight since the general consensus so far is adamantium sabe wins?..

I think it would, yes. Imo, people underestimate how impossibly hard it would be to even touch MNer because he can choose the optimal approach to each and every situation due to his calculative abilities. The only stuff that hits him is either something with enough spread that he can't dodge, a sneak attack, or someone so fast that he can't react in time.

But with adamantium, healing + durability means that putting Creed down permanently would be just as hard for MNer. Without the adamantium, his healing factor might prevent outright death but wouldn't prevent MNer from tearing him a new one and probably KOing him eventually.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Digi
Street generally refers to anyone without innate powers. Those who are excellent MA'ers but nothing else usually fit the category, as does anyone who is peak human strength/durability or below. Exceptions exist, of course, but that's a good rough definition. Anyway, MNer does have implants, upgrades, abilities, etc. that make him metahuman. I kinda new what it was, the reason I was asking was some consider guys like Spiderman to be "street" so I wasn't sure if he meant that, in those words MN'er is above.

Carver if MN'er has no way of putting him down, then how does he lose 2?

jinzin
Originally posted by The Nuul
Mid is not a street leveler, and without prep pretty much yes, no street leveler like Batman or DD can hurt a upgraded Creed. Most streeters like DD and Bats wouldn't be able to contend with Classic Creed either.

jinzin

And as for a street leveler damaging sabretooth, sure, they can cleave some flesh, if that counts..he'll heal of course, but as for SERIOUS damage. I challenge anyone to name me a street leveller inflicting incapacitating damage on Sabretooth prime, un-prepd ofcourse.

What in the balls? What the f**k?

You honestly think he could punch holes through Sabretooth if Sabretooth didn't have Adamantium?

SABRETOOTH?!

The same guy that laughs off shots from Rogue, and shruggs off shots from Ms. Marvel and Killpower?

YyyyyNO.

Tha C-Master
Now jinzin, we don't have to have a drawn out discussion, because I'm definitely not saying Sabes can win, but do you think Midnighter can hurt him at all, or has ANY possibility of knocking him out (saying if he was just laying there) for example.

jinzin
Yeah eventually.

No one said MNer can't hurt him. He just isn't doing so for long, or ftw.

Juk3n
Originally posted by jinzin
What in the balls? What the f**k?

You honestly think he could punch holes through Sabretooth if Sabretooth didn't have Adamantium?

SABRETOOTH?!

The same guy that laughs off shots from Rogue, and shruggs off shots from Ms. Marvel and Killpower?

YyyyyNO.

Midnighter is absolutley capable of puching a hole through flesh and bone mate, even dense bone like Sabretooths. How hard do you think sabretooths chest is without adamantium? confused i mean we have seen Hulk hit Steve rogers, and we know that should lead to a splash of organs / blood / splintered bones, but it doesn't, im talking a specilist blow, fingers out stretched on the hand. A MA blow through the solo plexes, not a straite left to the jaw.

Battlehammer
Midnighter is absolutley capable of puching a hole through flesh and bone mate, even dense bone like Sabretooths. How hard do you think sabretooths chest is without adamantium? confused
No he not. He capable of doing it to a normal human. Sabre-tooth body is many many many many times denser then a normal human. He has vastly denser bone and muscles so dense that a meta human could not achieve a pressure point due to the density.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Battlehammer
He has vastly denser bone and muscles so dense that a meta human could not achieve a pressure point due to the density.

well, in that case, i'll retract my statements, i 'll have to check the respect thread for body damage feats.

Tha C-Master
well, in that case, i'll retract my statements, i 'll have to check the respect thread for body damage feats. On another note, Classic Sabes had problems with a few street levelers. But his body should be more dense due to his level of strength for one, like Spiderman's. I don't believe he can simply "punch" a hole in his chest, but stabbing is a whole nother ordeal.

jinzin
well, in that case, i'll retract my statements, i 'll have to check the respect thread for body damage feats.

Yes, you really need to.

Again we're talking about Ms. Marvel.. a 60 ton lifter who has powers in speed capable of catching machine gun fire, and negotiating QS speeds, with training from every from the military and the Avengers, to Wolverine.

Yet she (with a smaller fist; more condensed surface area) took a ton a punches just to knock Sabretooth down, nevermind punching holes in him.

His tendons have been described as strong as steel cables.
He's taken a grenade launcher to the chest with ass all result.
Taken multiple optic blasts at close range.
Took a condensed optic blast to the noggin and was still kickin'.
He took every bit of the X-mansions power condensed into Bishops blasts, with no damage.
Hell, even his weakest incarnation was too durable for Archangel to cut in half at point blank range.

The notion that Midnighter could just stroll in and tear Creed limb from limb is utterly ridiculous. Likewise, Sabretooth has better feats of ripping prople apart limb from limb. He does it quite often, so I fail to see where MNer is coming out the better here.

Fact is he wouldn't and couldn't rip Creed limb from limb with or without the Adamantium.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.