How many battle droids can FOTJ Luke beat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
All at once, how many can he defeat in an open plain?

Nephthys
The CIS droids? About a billion. My grandma could beat those weaksauce pansies.

mattatom
Originally posted by Nephthys
The CIS droids? About a billion. My grandma could beat those weaksauce pansies.
So did you vote for the entire army?

Incanus
I wouldnt be suprised.

Hewhoknowsall
You guys should read the heading saying please answer seriously...I suspected that it would have the opposite effect.

Ms.Marvel
unless luke can somehow redirect blaster bolts with the force alone i doubt he can take out more then 20-30 by himself though it depends on the location.

thats too many shots coming from too many angles.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
unless luke can somehow redirect blaster bolts with the force alone i doubt he can take out more then 20-30 by himself though it depends on the location.

thats too many shots coming from too many angles.

Seriously? Did Obi Wan and Anakin not solo like a hundred (and they aren't as powerful as Luke) on the Invisible Hand when they just got on?

Ms.Marvel
not all at once. and im pretty sure they had plenty of cover as well.

but then again mace did destroy an army with only his fists. id forgotten to take that into consideration?

Hewhoknowsall
not all at once. and im pretty sure they had plenty of cover as well.

but then again mace did destroy an army with only his fists. id forgotten to take that into consideration?

Yes, when they entered the ship and jumped out of their starfighters they were immediately faced with a LOT of droids and beat them all without really trying (they were talking to R2-D2 relatively camly while at the same time casually blocking lasers). "pretty sure"? Watch ROTS again or something.

CW cartoon is ridiculously inaccurate.

kotorfan
Although I voted for 21-30, It depends on the situation. On an open plain, Luke couldn't have gotten that many because He can't deflect 100 shots comming at him all from different angles.

Unless he is Ichigo. Byakuya's bankai couldn't beat Ichigo, until he upped to his second bankai form.

But you probably don't know what I'm talking about since I would assume you guys don't watch bleach. lol

I would agree, however, that Luke would destroy the entire army, if it was indoors.

Wolverine2179

thats too many shots coming from too many angles. Didn't vader bend every bolt shot at him away in empire betrayel?

And luke absorbed a full blast from an ATAT via dark empire.

mattatom
Also, green lightning for a help here, and Luke could theoretically make the bolts bend or just be absorbed by a Force barrier.

Eminence
Luke smacks an AT-AT into the ground in DE, bends black holes in NJO, stops cold a telekinetic attack from a man powered by the combined potential of an entire colony, and effortlessly Force-pins a man as powerful as Darth Vader in LOTF, yet by FOTJ some of you think thirty Confederacy battle droids can take him?

Even as of Truce at Bakura, which begins a day after ROTJ, he's able to deflect bolts from five different droids at the same time:

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Eminence
Luke smacks an AT-AT into the ground in DE, bends black holes in NJO, stops cold a telekinetic attack from a man powered by the combined potential of an entire colony, and effortlessly Force-pins a man as powerful as Darth Vader in LOTF, yet by FOTJ some of you think thirty Confederacy battle droids can take him?

Even as of Truce at Bakura, which begins a day after ROTJ, he's able to deflect bolts from five different droids at the same time:

QTF. How can the jedi be such a great help to the greater good if they're <10,000 of them and the greatest to ever live can't beat 30 of the most retarded and worthless fighting machines to ever exist?

Hewhoknowsall
LOL at those who voted for the entire CIS. Although if he could get away, get into his stealth X and kill all of the seperatist leaders...then the droids will be leaderless and just sit in the bases in their planets doing nothing, and Luke could just destroy those things that powers the droids' brains one by one.

And @ Nephthys, there are more than a billion droids in the CIS.

Incanus
And more rolling off assembly lines every day. They were very cheap to produce, and thats why they sucked. Luke could take, say, 150 or more.

xxxpoppunker182
luke waved his hand and destroyed an entire droid army........ this was before njo i will find the exact source when im not om my phone but if pre njo luke can wave his hand and destroy an entire army i think fotj luke could take the cis

Incanus
Keyword: millions or billions of droids.

ares834
Originally posted by Incanus
Keyword: millions or billions of droids.
I seem to recall a quadrillion battle droids...

Incanus
never said quadrillion. Only way i oculd see Luke taking more is lightning, or electric judgment if it shoots lightning and kills stuff.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
i think fotj luke could take the cis

Seriously? If he could, then the CIS is officially the most incompetent galactic army to ever exist. The CW should've been over in a few days.

Incanus
Yeah, I would have to agree, as the entire Grand Army of the Rpublic would kill Luke in a few minutes............... Remember teh CIS has supers, droidekas, and all that, tanks, etc.

Eminence
This is one of the most retarded polls I've ever seen. Increments of ten ending at one hundred then skipping ahead to the entire army? A quadrillion battle droids?

You've outdone yourself.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Eminence
This is one of the most retarded polls I've ever seen. Increments of ten ending at one hundred then skipping ahead to the entire army? A quadrillion battle droids?

You've outdone yourself.

What do you want me to do? There's only up to 10 poll options maximum allowed, and in case if you can't count I started going up in increments of 20s later in order to get to 100. What do you want me to do: Go up in increments of 1s and then have the last option be "10+"? That would be retarded.

Eminence
Hewhoknowsall
What do you want me to do? There's only up to 10 poll options maximum allowed, and in case if you can't count I started going up in increments of 20s later in order to get to 100. What do you want me to do: Go up in increments of 1s and then have the last option be "10+"? That would be retarded. The only way to make this poll more retarded would be making the increments smaller; apparently you're not understanding that the idea of a hundred CIS battle droids killing Luke Skywalker is inane.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Seriously? If he could, then the CIS is officially the most incompetent galactic army to ever exist. The CW should've been over in a few days.

u guys are thinking the only way to beat a droid is destroy it luke pre njo luke waved his hand and deactivated an army of droids his fotj self could deactivate them even easier

Gideon
u guys are thinking the only way to beat a droid is destroy it luke pre njo luke waved his hand and deactivated an army of droids his fotj self could deactivate them even easier

All I'm aware of is DE Luke obliterating several droids by waving his hand.

If ten thousand Jedi couldn't defeat the Confederacy, what makes you think Luke could?

Incanus
He is to much of a force god and no author would make him lose to CIS droids, because then Luke fanboys would swarm them til they rewrote it. Luke is a loser..... needs a good slap and "YOU SUCK!" to the face then authors wouldnt make him a force god.

truejedi
well, these battle droids are pathetic, according to all of the new cartoons, and episode 2 and 3. (mostly 3) So Luke could probably trick them all into not shooting him.

IN FACT: He could use his cloaking skill (he's done an entire planet, and ships, no problem clocking himself) Then just walk around killing them.

So Luke wins if he can cloak and avoid detection. (since he can kill at a distance with the force, they wouldn't know where he was when he was killing them. Take him all day, but he would win.)
Agree/disagree?

Incanus
Ok, a few prblems with your theory. 1: Thermal scanners, as the CIS had super battle droids, and some batle droids, out of a few thousand, had thermal scanners. Cloaking doesnt hide his heat signature. 2: Droids are droids, so he cant use mind trick on them as they have no mind. 3. They would notice a floating green lightsaber chopping stuff up Or the fact that they were being killed, and then start shooting randomly.

truejedi
Ok, a few prblems with your theory. 1: Thermal scanners, as the CIS had super battle droids, and some batle droids, out of a few thousand, had thermal scanners. Cloaking doesnt hide his heat signature. 2: Droids are droids, so he cant use mind trick on them as they have no mind. 3. They would notice a floating green lightsaber chopping stuff up Or the fact that they were being killed, and then start shooting randomly.
actually, scanners can't tell the difference between ships that are mirages and the real deal. And jedi have all kinds of ways of screwing up sensors by LOTF. (usually just shows up as static, and these droids are NOT bright enough to figure out what that means, plus when a few started dropping, they would probably start shooting wildly everywhere, or start shooting at the lightsaber.)
And lastly, he doesn't actually need to use the saber. He could use the force to get one droid to pull the trigger at another droid, Plus, they are droids, so just because they can see the weapon floating around, if he is using the force to carry it around, that gives them NO IDEA where skywalker is.

Hewhoknowsall
If Luke alone could destroy the confederacy all at once, then I have no idea why he can't just solo every fleet he sees.

Incanus
Ok, so yes, Luke pwns alot of droids, but Thermal scanners would show him, they detect heat, nothing else.

Hewhoknowsall
OUR artificial intelligence is smarter than the battle droids. They are arguably the most inefficient force to have ever existed in galactic history.

truejedi
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
If Luke alone could destroy the confederacy all at once, then I have no idea why he can't just solo every fleet he sees.

confederacy sucks thats why. he never fought the confederacy, plus he can't be everywhere at once. They would destroy many many planets before luke was able to take them down. I'm thinking an open field fight. I still don't think the sensors would work.

Hewhoknowsall
You do realize that there are a quadrillion+ droids right?

Incanus
Ok, so thermal sensors that were made to be used alot and efficiently, dont work. Makes sense to me.

truejedi
Ok, so thermal sensors that were made to be used alot and efficiently, dont work. Makes sense to me.
i realize how many there were. They were all less than useless though. This isn't a luke fanboy moment at all. This thread was talking solely about the battle droids. It didn't say super battle droids. It didn't say command droids. It definitly didn't say destroyer droids. It said battle droids. Tell me, when were these battle droids even SLIGHTLY competent? They fought a battle against Gungans. Primitive Gungans. And they won after a hard fight. That is the type of army i'm thinking of here. without the artillery.
Obviously he couldn't take the CIS, ships, destroyer droids and all. That would be ludicrous.

And Incanus? Have you read LOTF? Scanners don't work against Jedi. Plus, where did battle droids EVER display thermal sensors?

xxxpoppunker182
its literally impossible for every single one of the droids in the cis and luke to be on the same planet and most droids are controlled by something so kill the ones controlling the droids cis is dipatched

truejedi
its literally impossible for every single one of the droids in the cis and luke to be on the same planet and most droids are controlled by something so kill the ones controlling the droids cis is dipatched

thats what i'm saying, they are simply too pathetic to pose a real threat. I mean, would you pick luke or millions of nerfs? Regular battle droids simply aren't dangerous. It was the super battle droids that won the battle of Geonoisis.

Gideon
Originally posted by truejedi
It was the super battle droids that won the battle of Geonoisis.

no expression

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Gideon
no expression That was Jango's face right before--

truejedi
Originally posted by Gideon
no expression
before the rescue by the clones.

Gideon

Ah.

Red Nemesis
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

YAY

Slash_KMC
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

w8 wut

Red Nemesis

TJ CAME BACK!

truejedi
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
TJ CAME BACK!
way to make a guy feel welcome Red big grin

how ya been man?

Red Nemesis
I have been and continue to be awesome. Also, in case you missed it, I am a helper now! Sweet life!

Hewhoknowsall
Back on topic?

It's always the exact same people that steer it off topic.

I say 100+.

mattatom
I have been and continue to be awesome. Also, in case you missed it, I am a helper now! Sweet life!
We've been here for the same time, you became the helper, I became... oh wait... sad

Nephthys
Its called being social. And after you've been debating Star Wars for the last 4-5 years lets see you scramble to stick to the topic.

truejedi
excellent, glad to hear it, and one of the first things i noticed about you was, you are indeed a helper. What exactly does a helper do on KMC if i might ask? Besides say they are a helper in every other post that is? lol. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Slash_KMC
Well helpers, unlike Red, do the stuff helpers do, like me.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Well helpers, unlike Red, do the stuff helpers do, like me.

laughing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It is funny when you lie. No, TJ, Slash isn't even as good a helper as I am; I invented helping.

Helpers are people who help. Like me.

truejedi

Helpers are people who help. Like me.

very nice, its all clear now. smile

Slash_KMC
Inventing something doesn't mean you're better at it than someone else. Star Wars has lots of proof of that.

mattatom
Inventing something doesn't mean you're better at it than someone else. Star Wars has lots of proof of that.
Animated series and relating film, perchance?

Eminence
Slash_KMC
Inventing something doesn't mean you're better at it than someone else. Star Wars has lots of proof of that. Star Wars? What the f*ck does Star Wars have to do with anything? Are you high?

Stay off the f*cking set, you prick...

Slash_KMC
If you're doing this judging thing, aren't you supposed to be neutral?

You do it one more f*cking time and I ain't walking on this set if you're still hired. I'm f*cking serious. You're a nice guy. You're a nice guy, but that don't f*cking cut it when you're f*cking around like this on set.

Btw, this is a Star Wars forum.

Lord Lucien
Btw, this is a Star Wars forum. WTF! I've been discussing quantam physics here for years... and you're telling me this is a Star Wars forum? Star Wars?!

Slash_KMC
Revelation is my middle name.

Incanus
Slash Revelation KMC

bunny hahahahaha right

Slash_KMC
Look me up in the phonebook, I'm listed as such.

Eminence
Eureka!

Hewhoknowsall
So does anybody have any idea how many battle droids Luke can beat? Someone said 30 or so, which I believe is insane. Someone else said the entire CIS, which is insane in a different way.

Incanus
gwah THEY SAID THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?1!?!?!?!?!?!1

He can take 150 or so. Then he would just be overwhelmed.

Eminence
He can kill exactly 1,166,618,009,087,825 battle droids before accidentally rolling his ankle and therefore accidentally triggering spontaneous combustion of his brain.

A cookie to whoever solves that.

truejedi
Thank you Eminence! I agree completely!

The Ellimist
This really depends on starting conditions and what "version" of Luke we get.

If there's sufficient distance surrounding them, best-case Luke can essentially kill an arbitrary amount of them if we ignore logistical issues like food and sleep (cloak + telekinesis).

If we're talking about a surrounded Luke in his weaker showings, 20-30 might overwhelm him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.