The most powerful human in fiction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tttorres
smile and what are his powers?

Endless Mike
Depends how you define "human".

Is the only criteria that the character was originally human?

Or must the character still have human biology at the height of his/her power?

Robtard
John McClane.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
John McClane.

Nah.

His unbreakable character was more powerful and sturdier.

He was also fully human, so he would count as more powerful.

Mutants wouldn't count...I don't think.

tttorres
with human biology

siriuswriter
anyone who had the flu during the 'war of the worlds.'

AngryManatee
Tetsuo!

celestialdemon
Bruce Almighty

ares834
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Bruce Almighty
Bingo!

omgchos
Originally posted by siriuswriter
anyone who had the flu during the 'war of the worlds.'
HAHAHAHAHA.

Endless Mike
So they have to be genetically human?

Are weapons or power-enhancing devices allowed?

Quincy
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Tetsuo!

The Nuul
Originally posted by dadudemon
Nah.

His unbreakable character was more powerful and sturdier.

McClane would just say Yippee-ki-yay, motherfcka and just drown him.

gobstakid777
pre retcon beyonder

FistOfThe North
Jesus Christ.

wicker_man
The Doctor, knowledge is power!

occultdestroyer
Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors

Tadakatsu Honda from Samurai Warriors

1MNONh8ovSM

YFq1oh7iu94

Mr. Rhythmic
Molecule Man.

CadoAngelus
Dr Manhattan...technically he's human - biologically, physical appearance, not necessarily mentally because he's virtually going insane with the knowledge of his past present and future all at once...

Placidity
Originally posted by full_movies_43
Out of the fiction movies I had watched I think the most powerful fiction character was Hulk.

EL Oh EL

Bicnarok
Jesus aka God

Fiction work = the Bible

The Nuul
Ash and his BOOM STICK!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5iTpleCndo

jayce78
Since I don't consider Jesus the Messiah and and the ancient Bible to be fiction I would have to say Superman , Green Lantern , Hulk or Dave Bowman as the StarChild at the end of 2001 . If he's even still considered Human , I don't know?

Jedireaper
God is the most powerful character in fiction :P

Endless Mike
Even though I'm an atheist, you know what pisses me off? When someone says "I don't believe in God/Jesus/Allah/Buddha/etc. so that means Superman/Goku/other random fictional character would win".

So I guess you do believe that comic book characters exist? WTF

Koala MeatPie
Valentine Michae Smith form "Stranger in a Strange Land"
Just as powerfull as Manhattan, however, unlike Manhattan, he really is Human. Born to two humans, from Earth.

He was Raised by Martians, and thus, the way he thinks is Martian, just as all his knowledge.

The_usher
Is Hulk the right answer???

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Valentine Michae Smith form "Stranger in a Strange Land"
Just as powerfull as Manhattan, however, unlike Manhattan, he really is Human. Born to two humans, from Earth.

He was Raised by Martians, and thus, the way he thinks is Martian, just as all his knowledge.

well technically, Dr. Manhattan was born from two humans from earth...it just so happens he was born a second time from quantum physical science.

peluffo
Riddick.

(necropost, regarding the date of the last post :P)

Nephthys
Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. In this universe humans can create a form of energy called Spiral Energy. 'It's implied that Simons spiral power is infinate in the movie. He can also create matter out of nothing (defying the law of mass-energy conservation), as he occasionally uses his spiral energy (created from his will alone) to create new and exponentially larger versions of his Gurren Lagann mecha later in the series, by which point he creates weapons larger than most galaxies (or in the second Gurren Lagann film, weapons that are almost the size of a universe). Later in the series, it shows him having powers on a multi-dimensional scale that can distort the spacetime continuum, while the epilogue also shows that Simon alone has the metaphysical ability to extend anyone's life and revive everyone back from the dead, but he refuses to do so in order to avoid a possible 'Spiral Nemesis', and compares him to a 'God', implying that he may have acquired omnipotence.'

He's just a normal human with unlimited willpower and a badass coat.

Lestov16
Pre-Retcon Beyonder and World's Funnest Mxyzptlk, two characters who either rival or surpass each other (which surpasses the other has been a topic of very great debate, although, IMO, it's Mxy) as probably the most powerful fictional characters ever created

Darth Piggott
Originally posted by Jedireaper

Agreed

Super Marie 64
Originally posted by Jedireaper

It took him six days to create the world that we would come to know. He took a whole day of to rest. I'm confident there are better examples out there, but good try. God in all his glory, but he has displayed many flaws.

Pre-Retcon Beyonder is actually a better candidate.

So no.

Pandemoniac
God is not human, thus Jesus isn't. Allowing alteration; Doc. Manhattan or the Hulk. Pure human; Batman

Super Marie 64
Pre-Retcon Beyonder is human, though. Last time I checked, at least.

Pandemoniac
Unfamiliar with said character, quick recon indicates inhuman origin, and that his story might just as wel could have been written by a bunch of 6 year olds.
No offence, I might be completely wrong by lack of knowledge

Super Marie 64
On an unrelated note, if God created man in his image, doesn't that mean he could just as well be human too?

Pandemoniac
In that matter shape and content are worlds apart, as in the difference between a sculpture and the artist

-Pr-
Originally posted by Super Marie 64
On an unrelated note, if God created man in his image, doesn't that mean he could just as well be human too?

No, it means he had a sense of humour. I think.

Super Marie 64
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
In that matter shape and content are worlds apart, as in the difference between a sculpture and the artist

But if he's as powerful as suggested, wouldn't man be more than just a cheap, faulty copy? I think there's more to our appearance than the result of a boy with a paintbrush.

Darth Piggott
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
God is not human, thus Jesus isn't. Allowing alteration; Doc. Manhattan or the Hulk. Pure human; Batman

Well I can't agree that Jesus is not a human, seeing that he was born on Earth from a human female, and he looked like a human, and died like one, so I think he would be the strongest.

He could be killed and just come back to life, so you really can't beat him.

Pandemoniac
Depends on what storyline you wish to go with; biblical Jesus or historic Jesus. In both cases an extraordinary person, but only superhuman in the testaments that describe him as the son of God, thus a half-god

CadoAngelus
Little pedantic, but isn't the thread about power and not strength. So the if we take the biblical sense of Jesus: he was the son on God and could achieve miracles just with a touch - i.e. the healing of the wounded, and the turning water into wine, and the feeding of the 5000. So in theory he has whatever you can imagine at his disposal.

For instance, if Jesus wasn't the pacifistic forgiver that the Bible tells us of, then there's no reason to believe he couldn't tap into an unimaginable well of his other Godly powers - which could be anything beyond the imagination.

Of course, this is taking into account that people believe that the bible is a work of fiction - but does this count if you're a believer?

Darth Piggott
I would say if you believe the events in the bible actually happened, then it's non-fiction. We are trying to find the most powerful human in fiction.

Blinky
John Murdoch from "Dark City"

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Darth Piggott
I would say if you believe the events in the bible actually happened, then it's non-fiction. We are trying to find the most powerful human in fiction.

so it's a hit or miss. Best to leave Jesus out of it then for the sake of stopping religious debate lol

RE: Blaxican
the master Chef is strongest eh kills aliens and doesnt afraid of anything

Nephthys
I'm still sticking with Simon. Dude breaks a drill billions of lightyears across by himself in the movie. MoThEr****InG mIrAcLeS bRo.

captainwesker
Definitely Dr. Manhattan

FistOfThe North
hercules, half human half god

krillin - dragonballz's most powerful human on planet earth.

Samson - biblical dude, long hair, 'bout yay high, knocked down some temple pillars with bar hands.

Ryu - (street fighter) imo most powerful human fighter in video games

wonder woman - in comics, she's the most powerful human chick on the planet.

CadoAngelus
Thinking about it, wouldn't Darwin from X-Men be up there at least. He can adapt to anything

the ninjak
Lawnmower Man?
Q from Star Trek? Not an Earthling though but humanoid.

Stan Lee in Marvel Comics fiction is supposedly the TOAA. The One Above All. And omniscient and all powerful.

kevin456
I think Bruce Almighty is perfect

alex4u
Dr. Manhattan is the most powerful fiction character.

mardook
I would say Jesus or Moses... Jesus could be resurrected from the dead and perform miracles, walk on water and fly. Moses because he was able to utilise Gods powers, turning water into blood, creating a tornado made of fire and opening up a passageway across the red sea. Oh and btw, Superheroes are fictitious too! :P

ShadowLord12
Hulk super-stragth ivincible

NemeBro
I really have to question the intelligence of people who don't understand what the **** "genetically human" means.

Simon is probably the best example as he is an actual human with great power (Molecule Man might be better though, I am not sure if he is still genetically human, but he is certainly far more powerful).

Not including guys like mutants from the Marvel universe either, since they are Homo Superior, not Homo Sapiens.

Actually, would Solar, Man of the Atom count? If he does, then I choose him, he is apparently supposed to be a much stronger Molecule Man in powerset.

harry1233
i think me

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Super Marie 64
Pre-Retcon Beyonder is human, though. Last time I checked, at least.

By that logic so is Q , then .

TheGodKiller
Haruhi Suzumiya . I don't recall her ever being referenced as a mutant , so she could possibly take this title .

Dr Mystery
The Emperor, or are we just talking about Earth-Bound fiction? Then technically, Apocalypse from X-Men was born a human, but he's far from human now so I'll just say Harry Potter cos there's far too many to think it throughright now.

wakkawakkawakka
I'm going to agree with Nephthys and say that Simon has it or is at least in the Top 5.

Though that Haruhi person has an impressive background from what I saw in her wiki page. Though being described as a crack in the space-time continuun does make her human origin iffy.

danathor_
I would say............ROCKY jk Icant decide

Gwizdo87
Noah Bennet from HEROES series!!! big grin

Lestov16
Pre-Retcon Molecule Man
Haruhi Suzimaya (if you count her as human)
Doctor Manhattan

sakry
batman? ajajaja

Dolos
Probably Ozymandias followed by Captain America.

Fireon
are they human??

big grin

Arsenal
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
krillin - dragonballz's most powerful human on planet earth.
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081009200855/dragonball/images/thumb/6/64/Yamhan.jpg/250px-Yamhan.jpg
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110731220612/dragonball/images/thumb/f/f8/Uub.jpg/250px-Uub.jpg

Gort
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Dr Manhattan...technically he's human - biologically, physical appearance, not necessarily mentally because he's virtually going insane with the knowledge of his past present and future all at once...

Was gonna be my answer!

iscaremonkeys
Segata sanshiro. He was able to be real and fake at the same time

maydocool
thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.