Mario vs Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperLuigi
setting 2nd boss fight super 64 lava stage

1. Magmar
2. Izzy and Bowser Jr
3. Armored Goron (Twilight Princess)
4. Blaziken
5. Charizard
6. Bowser

mario has his smash bros skill set

ScreamPaste
Capes and air camps.
Capes and camps fireballs/FluDD
Cape glide into Uair gimp.
Capes, and comboes, gimps with FluDD
Is actually in Brawl
Is actually in Brawl.

SuperLuigi
the hell

XanatosForever
laughing Oh come on, Scream. For all you know, Magmar could be more broken than MK.

ScreamPaste
Considering Zard > Magmar, and Zard < Mario, I think it's safe to say, Mario > Magmar.

XanatosForever
You don't know that for sure! The tire list only specifies trainer as a whole. mad

ScreamPaste
I think Mario's got a 60:40 on Zard, but I haven't checked recently...

XanatosForever
I've lost all track matchups, so I'm not much better.

Sin_Volvagia
Magmar may be able to take out Mario.

Magmar can hide in the lava and use it for healing. Also to mention, his body is near 2,200 degrees F.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Considering Zard > Magmar, and Zard < Mario, I think it's safe to say, Mario > Magmar.
lol ABC logic.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Magmar may be able to take out Mario.

Magmar can hide in the lava and use it for healing. Also to mention, his body is near 2,200 degrees F.
Indeed. smile Was going to point that out, but looks like someone else has done their homework too.

MooCowofJustice
We're using Smash Mario for this?

ScreamPaste
Compared to Zard's fire, 2200 farenheit is nothing.. o_O In this case, ABC logic is acceptable because Magmar's inferior to Zard in every stat. He has nothing to make him different from Zard.

Magmar=warm Zard that can't fly.

Edit: One thing he has on Zard is 11 points in the physical attack stat. Nothin' else.

Edit: This is totally nullified though, because Charizard gets all the same physical attacks, plus bellydrum, and Blaze.

Ridley_Prime
I didn't know Charizard could use lava for healing too.

ScreamPaste
Okay, Magmar has one ability which allows him to heal.

He still has little on Mario offensively.

SpadeKing
mario has the FLUDD pack for super effectiveness eek!

SuperLuigi
the real question is can mario throw the goron

XanatosForever
The real answer is yes, he can, with ease.

SuperLuigi
ease? please

XanatosForever
What kind of difficulty do you think Mario would have against the Goron?

SuperLuigi
same as with king bombomb or wat ever

ScreamPaste
Mario lifts castles, Gorons = nothing

SuperLuigi
recent mario isnt that strong

XanatosForever
"Recent" Mario? Since when has there been a time limit on feats? erm
Please sir, GTFO with that.

SuperLuigi
since i said smash bros mario.

ScreamPaste
Smash bros Mario dodges lasers.

SuperLuigi
what does that have to do with lift an armored goron?

ScreamPaste
Nothing in this thread will land a hit on Mario.

SuperLuigi
those lasers were slow and mario doesnt have that much space to work with.

ScreamPaste
Lasers =/= slow.

SuperLuigi
those were

ScreamPaste
Nope.

Sin_Volvagia
Mario lifts castles, Gorons = nothing

Mario gets killed by turtles and bullets that move slower than a car.

If Mario is so strong, why did he need to use a hammer, tnt, and some windshield wiper on other castles?

MooCowofJustice
Mario gets killed by turtles and bullets that move slower than a car.

If Mario is so strong, why did he need to use a hammer, tnt, and some windshield wiper on other castles?

I'll spell it for you, since I'm pretty sure that this is the second time you've said that.

G A M E P L A Y M E C H A N I C

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I'll spell it for you, since I'm pretty sure that this is the second time you've said that.

G A M E P L A Y M E C H A N I C

If the castle "feat" is canon:

1. The hills automatically get bandages when hit.
2. Yoshi eggs can walk by themselves and say "Thank You"
3. Mario is bigger than a castle's front door.
4. Mario can erase anything with his window wiper (my gosh, why didn't he use that on Bowser?)

MooCowofJustice

4. Mario can erase anything with his window wiper (my gosh, why didn't he use that on Bowser?)

1. Duh.
2. They could just do all that because of whatever is inside them.
3. The Castle was shrunk to fit it on the screen. It's normally the size of a real castle as it contains an entire level.
4. Probably. Mario is pretty uber too.

All that could be canon, but Mario being killed by goombas and koopa troopas isn't, because they are gameplay.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
1. Duh.
2. They could just do all that because of whatever is inside them.
3. The Castle was shrunk to fit it on the screen. It's normally the size of a real castle as it contains an entire level.
4. Probably. Mario is pretty uber too.

All that could be canon, but Mario being killed by goombas and koopa troopas isn't, because they are gameplay.

Mario was nothing uber in Mario 64 or Sunshine. Whatever happened to his magic window wiper or his castle-lifting strength? It's obvious that those castle demolitions weren't anything serious.

ScreamPaste
In Mario 64 he kicked over giant bricks, tossed Bowser hundreds of feet, and smashed bricks with punches.

I never played Sunshine, sadly.

In Galaxy he sounds Bowser reeling across a small planet with a spin. o_O

Also, it's a canon cutscene directly from SMW we're discussing... Your entire argument is that it 'wasn't serious'? o_O

SpadeKing
Nope.

by cinematics & gameplay on those lasers... I could dodge those with ease no expression

ScreamPaste
Those lasers are no where in gameplay, and the only cutscene shows them as moving very fast, and being rapid fired. Mario and Link skate past them as though they're not even there.

SpadeKing
they're still not that fast, if anything it looked like R.O.B. laser fire and it was badly aimed.

they lasers were moving slow enough for them to notice its direction the way you're making it sound link & mario run like sonic.

I'm pretty sure everyone in the gauntlet can hit him if yoshi & pit can hit either one of them & I don't remember those two dodging badly aimed semi-slow lasers.

ScreamPaste
Watch the cutscene again, they pretty much do run liek Sonic in a lot of the cutscenes. The laser fire was rapid, and well aimed, the reason it missed was because Mario and Link kept moving out of the way.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by SpadeKing
they're still not that fast, if anything it looked like R.O.B. laser fire and it was badly aimed.

they lasers were moving slow enough for them to notice its direction the way you're making it sound link & mario run like sonic.

I'm pretty sure everyone in the gauntlet can hit him if yoshi & pit can hit either one of them & I don't remember those two dodging badly aimed semi-slow lasers.

They were not slow. And they were not badly aimed. Simply looking at the video shows accuracy and incredibly fast reaction time.

Running like Sonic, no. They just dodged really well.

I don't think Yoshi and Pit ever hit them in a cutscene. But Yoshi and Pit move pretty fast too.

SpadeKing
well if one of those two have to lose to a group of either one of those guys, then apparently they can be hit.

I wouldn't say accurate atleast 50% of the shots went right inbetween those two

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by SpadeKing
well if one of those two have to lose to a group of either one of those guys, then apparently they can be hit.

What?

SpadeKing
I win? eek!

MooCowofJustice
No, I don't understand. Who lost to who in a large group of what and when?

SuperLuigi

he picked it up and punted it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.