which comic characters turned out to be a dissapointment ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
which marvel or DC characters from the movies are a big disgrace compared to the comics ?

this is about which characters where crappy not the entire movie

my top 3 in order of which i think sucked the most

is

1 deadpool
2 juggernaut
3 galactus

xJLxKing
GALACTUS
Juggernaut
Phoenix
Deadpool

Trackz
gambit was a disappointment, i mean he really wasn't like his comic counterpart at all save for the mutant abilities.

-Pr-
only 3?

half the x-men, galactus, daredevil, elektra, halle berry's catwoman...

chomperx9
Originally posted by -Pr-
only 3?

half the x-men, galactus, daredevil, elektra, halle berry's catwoman... i think elektra was ok she played her part good being a good martial artist and all that. not saying the movie was good hell no. but the character was ok.

Kris Blaze
Elektra is a pretty awful character in the comics, so I had very little hope for her.

Rogue really let me down.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Elektra is a pretty awful character in the comics, so I had very little hope for her.

How is she awful in the comics ?

ankur29
gambit , colossus , wolverine,thing, galactus,juggernaut,deadpool.catwoman,kingpin,venom,silver surfer,blob

satisfcatory/on point:

Spiderman,both goblins,sandman,doc ock,human torch, Mr fanatstic, Invsible woman, daredevil,bullseye,routh's superman,batman,blade, nighcrawler, magneto

Mindship
silver surfer
juggernaut
venom

Bouboumaster
Deadpool
Venom
Juggernaut

PRAYERRUN
Venom could have been much better.

RaiTei
Deadpool...the pain! the pain!

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Rogue really let me down. lawl, liking Rogue in the comics but not Elektra.

lawl lawl lawl.

BruceSkywalker
Comic book Elektra rocks, movie Elektra made me puke...

chomperx9
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Comic book Elektra rocks, movie Elektra made me puke... it was that treasure crap that really messed up the movie

roughrider
Constantine - changing him to an American. Casting Keanu Reeves. sick

Swamp Thing in The Return Of Swamp Thing.

Halle Berry's Catwoman.

George Clooney's Batman.

- Anything else you can think of, comes second to those ones.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chomperx9
it was that treasure crap that really messed up the movie

that and Affleck's awful costume

Originally posted by roughrider
Constantine - changing him to an American. Casting Keanu Reeves. sick

Swamp Thing in The Return Of Swamp Thing.

Halle Berry's Catwoman.

George Clooney's Batman.

- Anything else you can think of, comes second to those ones.

ITA

~The Wickerman~
I liked the way characters were portrayed in:

Superman 1
Superman 2
Batman Begins
Batman the dark knight
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk

To me, every other character translated from comic books to movies has been crap. Total, utter, hopeless, steaming crap.

Mr. Rhythmic
Deadpool
Venom
Catwoman
Daredevil
Bullseye
Dr. Doom
Galactus
Invisible Woman
Silver Surfer
Mr. Fantastic
Lex Luthor
Two Face(Batman Forever)
Absorbing Man
Hulk(2003)
Spawn
The Clown
Ghost Rider
Mephisto
Blackheart

And so on.

roughrider
Maybe fans of comics shouldn't go to the movies. They end up getting ulcers from all the stress. roll eyes (sarcastic)

chomperx9
Maybe fans of comics shouldn't go to the movies. They end up getting ulcers from all the stress. roll eyes (sarcastic) not all of em are bad. i think most of them turn out to be failures though compared to the comic versions. i dont know whats so dificult with the producer sticking with the same story line as the comics.

roughrider
not all of em are bad. i think most of them turn out to be failures though compared to the comic versions. i dont know whats so dificult with the producer sticking with the same story line as the comics.

Because a comic book is not a movie. Just like a novel is not a movie.

You're taking the source material from one medium and translating it to another. It can especially be a challenge for comics, who have storylines that go on & on for years. To take that and turn into a couple of two hour films, it's not going to exactly be the same. It's the filmmakers version of the stories.

If you just want walking, talking graphic novels on the big screen, stick to films like SIN CITY & 300. But those kinds of films (along with WATCHMEN) were limited series that had beginnings & ends. A different problem than trying to condense decades of history (that fans obsess on keeping intact) of an ongoing monthly book.

Darth Jello
I had no problem with Affleck as Daredevil other than the fact that the costume was weak sauce and that Damon looks more like Matt Murdock and Affleck has more than a passing resemblance to Bullseye, back when he had hair.

chomperx9
Because a comic book is not a movie. Just like a novel is not a movie.

You're taking the source material from one medium and translating it to another. It can especially be a challenge for comics, who have storylines that go on & on for years. To take that and turn into a couple of two hour films, it's not going to exactly be the same. It's the filmmakers version of the stories.

If you just want walking, talking graphic novels on the big screen, stick to films like SIN CITY & 300. But those kinds of films (along with WATCHMEN) were limited series that had beginnings & ends. A different problem than trying to condense decades of history (that fans obsess on keeping intact) of an ongoing monthly book. the DK was perfect. i dont expect all comic movies to be a 100% perfect with the storyline following the comics but they should atleast get their facts straight with characters abilities looks and powers before making a movie. like they messed up deadpool big time and saying sab is wolverines brother and making gambit look like hes a magician i forgot what other stuff they messed up on but they could have done better and gotten a hire rating if they used some of the writers from the comics to help out with the movie.

roughrider
the DK was perfect. i dont expect all comic movies to be a 100% perfect with the storyline following the comics but they should atleast get their facts straight with characters abilities looks and powers before making a movie. like they messed up deadpool big time and saying sab is wolverines brother and making gambit look like hes a magician i forgot what other stuff they messed up on but they could have done better and gotten a hire rating if they used some of the writers from the comics to help out with the movie.

I'm getting sick of all the whining about Deadpool. What was the name of that movie in May - Wolverine or Deadpool? Deadpool is just there to be introduced and be an adversary; he's pre-costume and pre-merc for hire in the Weapon X days. When he has his own solo movie he can get closer to how he presently looks.
And just because Marvel has danced around the issue for decades - about the connection between Logan and Victor - doesn't make it wrong for the filmmakers to have their own ideas and make then half-brothers. Never mind all the contradictory evidence & suspicions past about them in the comics; Marvel could make them brothers overnight. Stuff has been getting retconned forever.
It was because of the first X-Men movie, that Marvel did Wolverine: Origin, because they finally wanted to do his full origin before the movies did it for them. Well, they were too late with Sabretooth. Might as well follow the movie's lead, now.
And just because someone in the comics industry is really close to a source material, doesn't mean it will turn out well on the big screen. Most recent exhibit: Frank Miller's The Spirit. evil face sick

chomperx9
I'm getting sick of all the whining about Deadpool. What was the name of that movie in May - Wolverine or Deadpool? Deadpool is just there to be introduced and be an adversary; he's pre-costume and pre-merc for hire in the Weapon X days. When he has his own solo movie he can get closer to how he presently looks.
And just because Marvel has danced around the issue for decades - about the connection between Logan and Victor - doesn't make it wrong for the filmmakers to have their own ideas and make then half-brothers. Never mind all the contradictory evidence & suspicions past about them in the comics; Marvel could make them brothers overnight. Stuff has been getting retconned forever.
It was because of the first X-Men movie, that Marvel did Wolverine: Origin, because they finally wanted to do his full origin before the movies did it for them. Well, they were too late with Sabretooth. Might as well follow the movie's lead, now.
And just because someone in the comics industry is really close to a source material, doesn't mean it will turn out well on the big screen. Most recent exhibit: Frank Miller's The Spirit. evil face sick yeah he's there to be introduced but if they are going to introduce a character they should do it right for crying outloud. would it have made any sense putting cyclops flying around in the movie like he's superman or something ?

roughrider
would it have made any sense putting cyclops flying around in the movie like he's superman or something ?
Well, they didn't do that, did they?

chomperx9
Well, they didn't do that, did they? no im just making an example that if they put a character in the movie they should get their info right.

-Pr-
i think elektra was ok she played her part good being a good martial artist and all that. not saying the movie was good hell no. but the character was ok.

she sucked, imo.

Originally posted by Original Smurph
lawl, liking Rogue in the comics but not Elektra.

lawl lawl lawl.

co-signed.

Well, they didn't do that, did they?

ironically, the guy who "played" cyclops, was in superman returns.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.