Silver Surfer enters the ABSORPTION Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Ok, since people are making gauntlets with fancy stips, guess I'm going to make my own.

This is current Silver Surfer, fight is to the KO and BFR is not allowed. Each time the Surfer takes down an opponent, the current powers of the opponent is transferred to the next one down the line. If he beats that, that opponent's powers as well as all the prior powers he's absorbed are transferred to the person down the line and so one. No rest in between.

Transfers ALL powers, gear, experience/training and knowledge of powers/gear as well as transfers all memories of the previous fight. Weaknesses are NOT transferred, however. Duplicate powers/gear/experience/skills stack so 2 ppl with class 10 strength makes a class 20, etc.

1) Shadowcat
2) Captain America
3) Cyclops
4) Wolverine
5) Spiderman
6) Thing
7) Current Drax
8) Namor
9) Iron Man (Extremis)
10) Richard Ryder (Nova Prime)

AlmightyKfish
Surfer clears this, pretty easily as well.

The powers of 1-7 are pretty much inconsequencial.

Nova and maybe Drax's experience are really the only threats, the threat from Drax is minimal and we saw how easily Surfer was handling Nova in the Galactus arc...

D_Dude1210
I'm thinking a strength advantage here as everyone's strength stacking onto Nova must at least put him above Surfer's.

Add that to all the fighting and tactical skills we got stacked here.

Philosophía
Captain America phases his shield through Surfer's brain.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I'm thinking a strength advantage here as everyone's strength stacking onto Nova must at least put him above Surfer's.

Add that to all the fighting and tactical skills we got stacked here.

Tactical ability is the major stacked threat here yeah, but everyone's strenght tacked on Nova's isn't going to = Surfer.

Thing and Namor are the only real contributors to strength, and those two + Nova aren't going to match a Surfer who can amp etc.

I mean, Nova was easily overpowered physically, shown when Surfer pushes him down to the planet surface from orbit.

Kris Blaze
Tony Stark's mind with the Nova force.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Tony Stark's mind with the Nova force.

Won't help that much, as Rich has the Worldmind, an intelligence that is far greater than Stark already...

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Won't help that much, as Rich has the Worldmind, an intelligence that is far greater than Stark already...

Though the worldmind is used to calculate things and such, it does not seem to think of new innovative ways to use them. All the Green Lantern's have an incredible super-computer in their rings, but the individual ringslinger still makes all the difference.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Though the worldmind is used to calculate things and such, it does not seem to think of new innovative ways to use them. All the Green Lantern's have an incredible super-computer in their rings, but the individual ringslinger still makes all the difference.

You have a point there...

Naija boy
Surfer clears it easily

weaponx510
surfer clears it with his left hand

D_Dude1210

darthgoober
I'm actually unsure in regards to round 10 because that amalgam would be an absolute MONSTER. It wouldn't just be Thing+Namor+Nova in the strength department, it would have the combined strength of Spiderman+Thing+Namor+Drax+Nova that was then amplified by Stark's armor and used to wield Wolverine's claws and Cap's shield...

Defensively, Surfer would first have to get past Cap's shield. That would be a chore in and of itself since the amalgam would have Cap's skills with it and the combined speed/reflexes of everyone involved that was then amplified by the Worldmind(and maybe Stark's armor) and Spiderman's early warning sense. Then whatever gets past the shield has to overcome the combined durability of Thing, Namor, Drax, and Nova with an adamantium skeleton and healing factor that's wearing Tony's Extremis Armor.

Surfer could definitely win if he fought smart(like transmuting or draining Stark's armor right out of the gate to remove the amplification factor) but there's a decent chance he'd lose if he tried to "out fight" this guy with punches and generic energy blast unless he REALLY cut loose.

Naija boy
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm actually unsure in regards to round 10 because that amalgam would be an absolute MONSTER. It wouldn't just be Thing+Namor+Nova in the strength department, it would have the combined strength of Spiderman+Thing+Namor+Drax+Nova that was then amplified by Stark's armor and used to wield Wolverine's claws and Cap's shield...

Defensively, Surfer would first have to get past Cap's shield. That would be a chore in and of itself since the amalgam would have Cap's skills with it and the combined speed/reflexes of everyone involved that was then amplified by the Worldmind(and maybe Stark's armor) and Spiderman's early warning sense. Then whatever gets past the shield has to overcome the combined durability of Thing, Namor, Drax, and Nova with an adamantium skeleton and healing factor that's wearing Tony's Extremis Armor.

Surfer could definitely win if he fought smart(like transmuting or draining Stark's armor right out of the gate to remove the amplification factor) but there's a decent chance he'd lose if he tried to "out fight" this guy with punches and generic energy blast unless he REALLY cut loose.

Does tonys armour actually amplify base strength as opposed to simply giving the user a a specific amount of strength?(i.e making them class 100). Even then, i still dont really see them being able to take him down.

Further even with the combined speed/ reflexes of all of them, surfer is alot faster than the amalgam (nova prime whose speed is the only one that is even remotely relevant couldnt even see surfer when he was attacked) so Caps shield shouldnt really be too much of a problem. Evryone on that list could be oneshotted by surfer (while not going all out) and so even their combined durability wont be to hard to overcome if ask me.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Naija boy
Does tonys armour actually amplify base strength as opposed to simply giving the user a a specific amount of strength?(i.e making them class 100). Even then, i still dont really see them being able to take him down.

Further even with the combined speed/ reflexes of all of them, surfer is alot faster than the amalgam (nova prime whose speed is the only one that is even remotely relevant couldnt even see surfer when he was attacked) so Caps shield shouldnt really be too much of a problem. Evryone on that list could be oneshotted by surfer (while not going all out) and so even their combined durability wont be to hard to overcome if ask me.

I dunno about the speed thing, bear in mind that in their fights, Nova was still able to tag the Surfer using the Worldmind's tactics, even tho he didn't do any damage, it still shows that he was fast enough to keep up and the Worldmind's tactics enabled him to compensate for the large speed difference. Add in the added reflexes granted by the Extremis armor as well as the added agility/speed of Spidey, CA and Wolverine (as little as this is, still means Nova gets a slight speed boost) combined with the Spider Sense means that the Nova Amalgam gets quite a considerable boost in his ability to tag the Surfer with his Adamantium Claws.

D_Dude1210
Couple all this with the combined jobber aura of Wolverine and CA and you've got a beast. O_O

psycho gundam
Surfer clears it easily

Bouboumaster
Surfer stomp them all, some of them at the same time, without the upgrades. He do it with the current version.

Surfer, without any other upgrades, clears this 12/10

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Surfer stomp them all, some of them at the same time, without the upgrades. He do it with the current version.

Surfer, without any other upgrades, clears this 12/10

Fighting them all at the same time isn't the same as fighting someone with their combined powers/abilities/skills/experience stacked onto each other, tho.

krisboyz781
surfer clears this easily

psycho gundam
Originally posted by darthgoober

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4205/silversurferannual07303ff4.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2012/silversurferannual0732ry8.jpg

Naija boy
I dunno about the speed thing, bear in mind that in their fights, Nova was still able to tag the Surfer using the Worldmind's tactics, even tho he didn't do any damage, it still shows that he was fast enough to keep up and the Worldmind's tactics enabled him to compensate for the large speed difference. Add in the added reflexes granted by the Extremis armor as well as the added agility/speed of Spidey, CA and Wolverine (as little as this is, still means Nova gets a slight speed boost) combined with the Spider Sense means that the Nova Amalgam gets quite a considerable boost in his ability to tag the Surfer with his Adamantium Claws.

He wasnt able to even see surfer when surfer decided to blitz him though. if surfer uses such tactics here, even with the added speed of these other guys the speed difference would be overwhelming.

D_Dude1210
He wasnt able to even see surfer when surfer decided to blitz him though. if surfer uses such tactics here, even with the added speed of these other guys the speed difference would be overwhelming.

Not saying he can match the Surfer speedwise, tho. Just keep up with him enough to tag him with adamantium claws just as he was able to tag him in their encounter (through use of smart tactics via Worldmind).

xJLxKing
He clears it

D_Dude1210
Haha, fine guess I'll come up with another Absorption guantlet that'll challenge good ol' surfer then. smile

Naija boy
Not saying he can match the Surfer speedwise, tho. Just keep up with him enough to tag him with adamantium claws just as he was able to tag him in their encounter (through use of smart tactics via Worldmind).

Oh well in that case, i think he can tag him but even then he wont do much damage.

psycho gundam
Does tonys armour actually amplify base strength as opposed to simply giving the user a a specific amount of strength?(i.e making them class 100). the latter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.