Assisted suicide: Whose life is it anyway?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sue E. Cyde
Proponents of legalising assisted suicide insist how and when we die is purely our own concern - but is it that simple?

Discuss!

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/article6736038.ece

Many young people on the internet may have thought of killing themselves, but what about the damage and debris it leaves behind and the people who loved you. We should not help these people!

It should never be a choice in my opinion, no matter how bad it is! Unless you are disabled, terminally ill and in pain or Old and in pain. Am I right?

pinky80
There should of been just a simple Yes on the list.

The Dark Cloud
The one life everybody should have control over is their own

dadudemon
Thread already exists. Euthanasia.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't agree with it. As a community we should do everything in our power to promote life. There is already so much that promotes death. With that said i can certainly understand the other side of the argument. Life is the one and only right that we are given as individuals. Whether or not that you believe this is a right given by a creator or random chance. Our consciousness is still ours and ours alone. It is the only right given at birth. It is yours to do with as you please, regardless of your fellow mans beliefs and well being.

jalek moye
I'm against it, but if it can be proven that it was just plain murder then I wouldnt want some to be locked away for it

MildPossession
Agree. To me, the only decision comes from that person.

I would find it sad that someone wants to end their life, and would hope that they get a lot of help to see if their mind could be changed and it really is what they want beforehand.

After all that, if it is what they want, then no force/illegal rubbish.

Healthy or not, and an adult. If you want to end your life, then it's your body/mind to do as you wish. No one else owns you.

As for assisted suicide. Make legal as long as the assistance is done in official medical places and nowhere else.

King Kandy
Of course it should be legal, there's nothing more sad and pathetic than seeing somebody on his deathbed living for weeks or months in pain because he couldn't end his life earlier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.