Darth Maul vs Rahm Kota

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
battle takes place on mustafar.everything goes.

DarthDaniel1001
Maul. Rahm Kota not only lost to Starkiller, but when he charged toward Vader and later, the Emperor, he was subdued both times effortlessly.

BruceSkywalker
Maul stomps

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Maul. Rahm Kota not only lost to Starkiller, but when he charged toward Vader and later, the Emperor, he was subdued both times effortlessly.

keep in mind he was blind

Wolverine2179
Didn't rahm rip part of a space station apart?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
keep in mind he was blind

Beg your pardon but that really shouldn't matter to a Jedi. They are trained to trust the Force over their eyes.

Heck, in the novel it's noted that he pours drinks without spilling a drop.

mattatom
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Didn't rahm rip part of a space station apart?
Kota believed that Marek had a far greater calling than just as Darth Vader's servant. During Kota's duel with the aspiring Sith, Kota used the Force to detach the control room in which they fought from the Construction Facility. Yes, yes he did.

bayhunter12
kota's force abilites are far greater than maul's.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by bayhunter12
kota's force abilites are far greater than maul's.

But Maul is a better fighter and swordsman (not that Kota's a slouch there). A more skilled duellist is perfectly capable of defeating one more powerful in the Force.

bayhunter12
yes, but kota held his own against starkiller who killed a simulation of maul.

chilled monkey
yes, but kota held his own against starkiller who killed a simulation of maul.

True but:

1) Kota fought an early, inexperienced Starkiller. His skills/power had improved by the time he fought PROXY/Maul.

2) While PROXY is good at emulating skills, he can't recreate them exactly because he doesn't have the Force. This is especially true in Maul's case because he's a Darksider whose powers were fuelled by hate and anger, particularly Maul as he was raised to be an 'engine of hate.' PROXY can't re-create Maul's fighting skills exactly, since he doesn't have the Force or feel hate.

bayhunter12
yes, but kota aslo has some armor which would also help .

Lord Lucien
Not really.

Maul would WTFpwn in sabers. I don't really know where Kota stand in Force abilities, but the only combative attack with the Force I can think of from him is his whole swirly TK thing and breaking off the observation deck... why he put his lightsaber away Iunno, cuz Maul would just stab him there.

Incanus
Maul. I agree with the statement about PROXY not having hate and all.

bayhunter12
kota could just blow maul into the lava with a force push to strong for maul to block.

bayhunter12
and may i add that kota was a master of form 7 saber combat.

truejedi
kota could just blow maul into the lava with a force push to strong for maul to block.
maybe. Or maybe maul would block it.

bayhunter12
kota's force powers are way beyond maul's, so basically maul can't block it.

Red Nemesis
Candles can be made of ear wax.

http://www.makingfriends.com/scouts/images/swap_slippers.gif

truejedi
kota's force powers are way beyond maul's, so basically maul can't block it.
well, that settles it then. If i ever had any reason to doubt you, restating it definitly made me see the light. roll eyes (sarcastic)

substantiate?

Lord Lucien
kota's force powers are way beyond maul's, so basically maul can't block it. Substantiate?

Substantiate! Substantiate! One of us! One of us!

Incanus
Crap, I REA LLY ne3ed an abject terror smilie........ sad

Darth Sevius
and may i add that kota was a master of form 7 saber combat.

WHAT??? Where did you get that crap from? You're digging yourself a big hole there bub.

Ms.Marvel
if the battle takes place on Mustafar i can see Kota taking some wins maybe even a 6/10. have we seen maul ever actually do anything with the force to put him on par with kota? if not then id say that kotas only real chance of winning is to fall back to a more precarious spot of terrain then use his superior force abilities to one-up maul and BFR him.

so id say 6/10 in kotas favor with the remaining 4 going to maul due to kota being stupid enough to engage him in a lightsaber duel.

truejedi
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
if the battle takes place on Mustafar i can see Kota taking some wins maybe even a 6/10. have we seen maul ever actually do anything with the force to put him on par with kota? if not then id say that kotas only real chance of winning is to fall back to a more precarious spot of terrain then use his superior force abilities to one-up maul and BFR him.

so id say 6/10 in kotas favor with the remaining 4 going to maul due to kota being stupid enough to engage him in a lightsaber duel.
see, i don't even madly disagree with bayhunter, i'm just curious to see him back up his claim. I see nothing from Kota that would have him OVERWHELMING maul with the force, and everything from maul showing that he would destroy Kota with the saber.

In fact, we see Kota getting Owned with the force MUCH MORE than we ever see it happen to Maul. Kota loses on 3 seperate occasions when attacked through the force. When does that ever happen to Maul?

We see Kota do what, One attack through the force against the inexperienced Marak? We see 2 occasions where maul attacks people with the force. Once in TPM(duel with Qui-Gonn and Kenobi), and once in i think Shadow Hunter. ( violently shoving people out of the way using TK)

That is at least as much as Kota displays in the force against Marak.
he shows a good ability to block Marak's attacks, but never attacks Marak in the force. (TFU, pg. 27-29)

Where do you find Kota's abilities so great that they would overwhelm Maul?

bayhunter12
can maul block sith lightning with his hands? or rip a huge space station apart? i don't think so. and you may find that kota was a master of form 7 saber combat at starwarswikia.com under kota's powers and abilites

truejedi
can maul block sith lightning with his hands? or rip a huge space station apart? i don't think so. and you may find that kota was a master of form 7 saber combat at starwarswikia.com under kota's powers and abilites

where did you get the idea Kota ripped a space station apart? The space station fell out of orbit because (TFU, pg. 24)

Did he rip a different space station apart while traveling with Marek that I'm forgetting about? if, so, it won't be the first time i stuck my foot in my mouth.

And for the form 7, I am wondering what source wikia pulls that from, because i've never ran across it in the novelization, the comic, or the game. Is it from some sourcebook or something?

and finally, what about Maul makes you think he can't block force lightning? He has never been attacked through the force with lightning to my knowledge. He was trained by the Sith(sidious) who displayed the strongest lightning in the mythos, so i dont' see why he wouldn't be able to.

bayhunter12
yes, but in the game kota used his power to rip the command center from the station and flip it over. plus kota ranks as one of the strongest jedi force users. I mean how many other jedi can block lightning with their hands.

Incanus
Dude, Maul is nearly invulnerable to lightning from what i read as he just shook off a blast of it.......

bayhunter12
kota doesn't wield force lightning, he can block it though. it is just a testament to how strong he is in the force.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

so id say 6/10 in kotas favor with the remaining 4 going to maul due to kota being stupid enough to engage him in a lightsaber duel. Maul would however win the saber duels 9/10.

Ms.Marvel
agreed.

bayhunter12
yes, but kota wins the force battle 9/10 times and he would at least win a saber battle 3/10 times due to the fact he used form 7 saber combat.

Eminence
bayhunter12
he used form 7 saber combat. So does Maul, and to terrific effect. Anoon Bondara and Qui-Gon Jinn could attest to that.

In other words, that isn't an argument.

Darth Sevius
"Kota specialized in the ferocious seventh form of lightsaber combat, Juyo, which was the most challenging and demanding of all forms, known to require intense focus and a high degree of skill to employ"

Specialized doesn't = mastered.

Red Nemesis
Juyo? I doesn't say it outright, but the source does imply it. Using his saber style as the reason he would win is unspeakably daft (especially since his opponent uses the same form) but he did (ostensibly) use F7.

Eminence
How long is the duel with Vader? If it isn't too much, could you post the instances of Force use?

Red Nemesis
Oh goodness it is long?
can I get a ;lkasjdklf;jawieroptyiopu
(Which duel?)

Eminence
Is there more than one duel with Vader? The one on the Death Star? Near the end of the novel/game/comic? With Palpatine there?

When Vader gets his ass kicked? Right before Marek dies?!

Red Nemesis
whatev

maybe

Eminence
It would be very... helpful.

no expression

bayhunter12
anyhow, i think kota takes this after a long and very hard fight. 6/10 times.

Lord Lucien
yes, but kota wins the force battle 9/10 times and he would at least win a saber battle 3/10 times due to the fact he used form 7 saber combat. You suck at this.

truejedi
Do you want the use of the force by Marek? Or by Vader?

truejedi
plus kota ranks as one of the strongest jedi force users. I mean how many other jedi can block lightning with their hands.

power, or technique?

Red Nemesis
Find what you can in here.

Wolverine2179
If you choose the DS path then yes, theres another fight.

Incanus
There is no way Kota is one of the most powerful jedi just because he can block lightning with his hands. And I have noticed you cvhange your pic to whoever you think will win the current fight you are debating.........

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Find what you can in here.

This is your ultimate helping? Copy a text and then say 'find what you can in here'?

Srsly?

Red Nemesis
Yes? I typed that from the book?

*sigh*

There. Every instance of Force use is underlined. Happy?

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Yes? I typed that from the book?

*sigh*

There. Every instance of Force use is underlined. Happy?

Well, have to say, pretty good job.

(You're very competitive...)

chilled monkey
Originally posted by truejedi
and finally, what about Maul makes you think he can't block force lightning? He has never been attacked through the force with lightning to my knowledge. He was trained by the Sith(sidious) who displayed the strongest lightning in the mythos, so i dont' see why he wouldn't be able to.

Maul was attacked with Force Lightning by Mighella (a Nightsister) in the comics.

He was stunned and on his knees for a few seconds and then he killed her.

truejedi
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Maul was attacked with Force Lightning by Mighella (a Nightsister) in the comics.

He was stunned and on his knees for a few seconds and then he killed her.
*snap*
I forgot that. good pont. embarrasment

chilled monkey
You're welcome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.