Glitches in the Movie?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

justaguy451
Did anyone find glitches in the movie like the car in the shire?

Dexx
no..probably because the quality of the view is so bad i can't notice any. But i did find some ideological ones. I don't remember sauron's little (big) bomb thinggie in the books (but i read them some time ago..so maybe that's why. Cuz if it's so...evolving to cannons and guns would be imminent if you have gun powder.

Fitch
I don't remember the bombs eighter.pretty sure it was PJ ideea.....

Fire
hehe
it wasn't in the book, I am almost 100% sure, in the book it is done in another way and if I am not mistaken with a lot less show
this way was just a bit bigger and all
I don't think it's bad or something tho

Dexx
the explosion is spectacular...but as i said....developments like heavy artillery are imminent smile

Fitch
a almost can imagine Aragorn,on top of Helm's Deep with a M4(weapon,machine-gun)and killing orcs.big grin

Darth Vicious
About the car that supposedly passes by on the background, i keep looking for it but cant find it, did they edit it out on the dvd? can someone tell me in whats scene it comes out exactly.

justaguy451
iy is in the scene where sam says if i take on step further it will be the farthest away from home ive ever been it is in the far right side zoom in (if you can)

Dexx
i'll plug the bootleg right now

hypnopoison
I just finished reading the second book before the movie came out. Those explosive ball things weren't in it. I'm sure that the explosion did occur but it was Sauraman doing it from Isengard with his magic.

I understand that certain scenes had to be shortened or cut out as they were not really relevant to the continuation of the journey of the ring but why put in things that never happened??? Like Frodo and the nazgul in the city. They never went to the city. Aragorn never fell off a cliff. The elves didn't go to help them at Helm's Deep. Faramir came across as being quite awful and very similar to his brother but in the book he rose above the temptation of the ring with little trouble. Things like that.

Some people might say it makes the story more interesting for people who haven't read the books but I thought the way it was written was good enough.

mah
yeah, but I'm sure PJ had his reasons film-wise. I agreed with the faramir-thing though..that kinda pissed me off

Dexx
yeah...me too. I don't recall aragorn's 'death' either. The bomb thing was hilarious (though spectacular). theoden (and pack) marching that helm's deep gate spreading orcs all around almost without moving their swords. I found similarities with bowling. smile
But gollum was just great. Just saw a short making of, today...

glorfindel
Hi all
faramir was portrayed well out of character and that got up my nose as well mad
as for the bombs, didn,t it say in the book "they have crept in the culvert again, while we talked, and they have lit the fire of orthanc beneath our feet."(page 169 hems deep the two towers).
so on that point I think the film is spot on. smokin'
most other points are so far off i struggled with it.the film is v good but i feel that a lot of people will think that is the books story and will never read it for themselves and THAT IS VERY SAD. sad

mah
saruman used magic to blow up the wall in the books, not explosives

glorfindel
which book ?what page? please quote.
he did use magic in the cartoon version that is true.

Dexx
are we to understand that 'the fire of orthanc' is gun powder?
wich book and what page doesn it says that it is so.

Fitch
I also don't remember gun powder.....weird.I'll read that fragment again.

finti
In the book it was magic not explosive that blew up the wall.

glorfindel
did didn,t did didn,t zzzzzzzzzzzzzz sick

O.K. it did not say gunpowder in the book,it calls it"the fire of orthanc"
which is middle earth talk for some kind of exsplosive
It could have been magic but the quote from the book does seem to be quite clear to me.
maybe sauraman deveoped an exsplosive charge of sometype.if so arogorn would not have seen or heared of it before and would not have a name (gunpowder) for it, would he?
smokin'

glorfindel
plase read y last but one post for your answer. where does it say he used agic???????
smokin'

glorfindel
i think i need a new eyboard

mah
it's magic... I'll check it up soon

Dexx
i didn't claim nor say it was anything about magic, in that sentence. If gun powder is prooven inexistent then saruman's magic is the only other way.

Dejio
Some people found things wrong with the movie. Like the scene were after a few seconds after Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli hid behind the rock, the Riders of Rohan appeared. Shouldn't they have seen them at that distance?
IMO, the riders didn't because the three were wearing elven cloaks as said in the book. Even the three were surprised they weren't noticed until Aragorn spoke.

Dejio
And about the Faramir issue; I think PJ didn't make him all good because it would destroy the depiction of the One Ring as pure evil with the ability to corrupt anyone.
They (PJ and crew) didn't build up the One Ring just to have someone resist it "just-like-that". Much more; a MAN! Who is easily corruptable of all races.
It just wouldn't do for the movie version. And I totally agree with him.

Dexx
what do you mean it wouldn't do?..he could've made faramir's inner conflict a little more dramatic, that's it...
boromir was much more convincing

Dejio
It wouldn't do any good for the movies tension buildup, consistency.

Yeah, I guess Boromir's conflict was more convincing.
So what do you think is the culprit then? Actor, script or director?

mah
I don't think anyone is the culprit, certainly not the actor, it's just that I disagree with PJ on that decision. it's no major problem though

Dexx
surely the director

Onawien
i saw the car. i was waiting for gimli to start making up the wall, this showed the talents of dwarfs. but they left it out, when the rider of rohan come, others ar buissy in battle not really watching the east.

Dark_Queen
lol,yes i would have to say that the depiction of faramir as a "evil" man was one of the most annoying things in movie!grrrrrrr!!!!!

and i wouldn't call it a glitch,i would say that PJ knew what he was doing.although ill never understand why he doesn't get the scenes completely right when he knows that so many have read the books!!!!!!(himself included).maybe he wants to appeal to a wider audience??who knows...

PeekaReet
yeah that bugged me too...was sitting in the theatre going- Ok! We've been through this with Borimir! Getting old...

I watched the movie over and over and over and could never find the stupid car in the back ground! I doubt it's existence....

um...glitches..hehe....here's one...i don't know if anyones mentioned it yet...but in almost every scene Legolass's eyes are a different color....sometimes their blue, sometimes their brown. He kept forgetting to put in his contacts! smile
Another thing i noticed that i thought was funny is, in TTT both wizards (gandalf and Sauromon) are wearing white sneakers. You can see them under Gandalf's robe in the part where he wistles to Shadowfax! And when he casts Sarumon out of the king of Rohan, Sarumon skitters across the floor and you can see white runners clearly. smile

Ushgarak
Clearly Nike has a contract to supply the Maia out west...

PeekaReet
hehe...

Member.
movies and books hardly ever go together.

Captain REX
Didn't you know Ush? The Istari are Nike's best buyers!

Ash Nazg
Maybe they shopped in the Gap.....of Rohan (hahahahaha!)

For my two pennies worth, its obvious PJ has tried to use a fair deal of artistic impression in the films (some has worked, some hasnt and some is just personal whether it has or hasnt). I personally didnt like the change for Faramir and would have liked him to stay true to character.

I think PJ's reasoning there was that he wanted (for whatever purpose) to show Osgiliath, and he found that using Faramir turned "bad" returning to Gondor with the ring as a route to bring Osgiliath into the film. Dunno why like......

Captain REX
I think he just wanted to show the weakness of men, and that insanity runs in Boromir's family, especially because of their father...

*shudders*

Captain REX
I found another error in the film, with the help of a friend.

The books by Tolkien state that the fall of Sauron was after a seven year siege of Mordor by Men and Elves. This took place outside of Mordor. In the film, the seven-year siege of Mordor is reduced to the massive battle inside Mordor, and doesn't take very long at all.

As timelines show, the cutting of the Ring from Sauron's hand was in the year 3441 of the Second Age. But in the film, the parchments that Gandalf reads about Isildur keeping the Ring show that they were written in 3434 of the Second Age, seven years before the date in the books. Therefore, the film makes it seem as the siege never took place.

lostelinion
yeh the worse mistake i've ssen is when theoden and aragorn charge the uruk hai out from the hornburg you can see the kings royal guard swinging at nothing as they ride down. This shows that unbelieved skill they have in slotting the uruks with the cavalry charge and the causeway and the background. Its quite mind blowing. I guess when they filmed the cavalry charge they assumed that the causway would be wider so the dudes riding behind the king would've had uruks to decapitate.

aniron
in rotk and the hobbits are back in the greendragon, I noticed that Frodo had all of his fingers.

Bloom4ever
if u go to moviemistakes.com u shuld find a lot on lotr

Kitoky
Are you sure? Because I was watching for that, and I didn't see his full hand so I couldn't see his cut off finger.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.