Cyclops: The New Magneto?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peejayd
http://comicimpact.com/2009/07/cyclops-the-new-magneto/

* what can you say? confused

ExodusCloak
Not to worry Emma has been called the New Xavier...so they balance each other out. If anything you'd expect the opposite but meh.

-Pr-
facepalm

i swear, if i ever meet matt fraction, ima punch him in the face.

The Nuul
Yeah, PR wants Cyke to be the new Wolverine instead.

peejayd
* people are beginning to see the "change"... stick out tongue

The Nuul
Yes, we can!

jalek moye
Originally posted by -Pr-
facepalm

Hey he might be at next years comic con

-Pr-
Originally posted by jalek moye
Hey he might be at next years comic con

good thinking batman.

steverules_2
Cyke's becoming the next mags...marvels just ruining everything sad

jalek moye
This all explained by the fact that Loeb is really i ncharge of Marvel and Quesada is just a figure head

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
marvels just ruining everything sad

Since when?

Punisher is still doing fine and Ghost Rider and probably few others.

ExodusCloak
facepalm

The only thing that really annoys me is that he's white-washing Emma's past...

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
Since when?

Punisher is still doing fine and Ghost Rider and probably few others.

Since they started changing spiderman to complete and total crap and now cyke's becoming the mags which is just stupid, the old mags is just fine...to be honest I don't think Marvel makes comics like they used to...the stories were much better

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by peejayd
http://comicimpact.com/2009/07/cyclops-the-new-magneto/

* what can you say? confused

so scott has magneto's powers or something????

Hraygurl
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so scott has magneto's powers or something????

Ok...really? You really just asked that? Um no...if you read the posting from the BEGINNING to NOW you would see that Cyclops is developing an ATTITUDE much like Magneto's. And in a way he is. Magneto had his Avalon and Genosha (Before they were destroyed). Cyclops had his Xavier Institute (Before it was destroyed) and now his San Francisco Mutant Community Safe Haven. Coincidence? Uh uh....He's starting to see where Mags came from and he's starting to like it.

steverules_2
Dare I ask what happened to the original Magneto?

Anyone know if this gonna be a forever thing or a temporary thing?

-Pr-
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
The only thing that really annoys me is that he's white-washing Emma's past...

the ONLY thing? really? stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Hraygurl
Ok...really? You really just asked that? Um no...if you read the posting from the BEGINNING to NOW you would see that Cyclops is developing an ATTITUDE much like Magneto's. And in a way he is. Magneto had his Avalon and Genosha (Before they were destroyed). Cyclops had his Xavier Institute (Before it was destroyed) and now his San Francisco Mutant Community Safe Haven. Coincidence? Uh uh....He's starting to see where Mags came from and he's starting to like it.

people that know me know i was joking around..

anyway seeing scott develop an attitude like mags is a good thing methinks

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
to be honest I don't think Marvel makes comics like they used to...the stories were much better

Depends on which comics your reading really..

-Pr-
Originally posted by Hraygurl

no offence, but you're WAY off.

Depends on which comics your reading really..

avengers or x-men. stick out tongue

Kazenji
The current Mighty Avengers is good with Dan Slott writing.

-Pr-
The current Mighty Avengers is good with Dan Slott writing.

not as good as classic avengers tho stick out tongue

ExodusCloak
I must say that I have started to hating Reed Richards and await Hank Pym backhanding him in the near future.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I must say that I have started to hating Reed Richards and await Hank Pym backhanding him in the near future.

unless pym turns out to be a skrull... again.

Peterlane
I actually like this shift in Cyclops character. No longer is he the boy scout many hated and disrespected. I have a Magneto was right t-shirt

injuredpelican
I'm glad to see Cyke evolving as a character. I liked him as a loner, boyscout, and I like him as a general. There are still many differences between Cyclops and Magneto anyways: Magneto manipulated events to put humans in a bad light, and portrayed mutants as the victims. Cyclops has no interest in such manipulation. Magneto was ready to kill every human on earth, maybe even thrilled to do it. Cyclops, while his tactics have indeed changed to a deadlier form, does not support complete annihilation of an entire race. Through his leadership he saved everyone living in San Fransisco, humans and mutants. Unlike Magneto, Cyclops doesn't want to rule the world. Cyke just wants his race to survive.
To me, right now, Cyclops is the only character in Marvel, other then maybe Iron Man, that actually recognizes how long he's been at this game. He knows how long he's been an X-man, he knows where he came from, and he knows where he wants to go in the future, and where he doesn't want to go. I'm so glad a writer is actually paying attention to what events and time progressions have occurred in a character's life.

Darth Jello
Hate to point it out again, but Cyke had a scummy side ever since X-Factor first formed and it's only gotten worse since he an Apocalypse shared a body.

Grifter21
I'm glad that Cyke has manned up but the moment he starts spewing anti-human notions, Wolvie will pop a claw into his head

-Pr-
Originally posted by Peterlane
I actually like this shift in Cyclops character. No longer is he the boy scout many hated and disrespected. I have a Magneto was right t-shirt

he was only disrespected by fans. the people in the comics always had respect for him.

he's been, imo, going downhill ever since whedon's run finished. that was a proper plateau. he'd evolved as a character, and than marvel decided to stupidify him.

ExodusCloak
he was only disrespected by fans. the people in the comics always had respect for him.

he's been, imo, going downhill ever since whedon's run finished. that was a proper plateau. he'd evolved as a character, and than marvel decided to stupidify him.

Scott has it easy, what about Emma..what the hell...Dark Emmaslaught Saga.... sad

srankmissingnin
Is Cyclops being bred to be the new Magneto? It's hard to say really, Cyclops has been pretty much just reacting to problems as the pop up for the past few year. Which way he ends up heading is in the hands of his enemies and how far they decided to push him. Personally I hope Marvel takes him towards being the new Magneto, I've felt he was heading in that direction for years, and would love to see it play out.

Now whether or not you think Cyclops should be the new Magneto, I think a lot of people need to start wrapping their heads around the fact that Cyclops can't ever be the man he was under Claremont. He isn't Clark Kent in a visor anymore, and he can never be again, too much as changed. He isn't a naive field commander anymore, he is the self appointed leader of an entire species. The times have changed, the x-men may have been superheroes fighting for Mutant rights but now they are a militant group fighting for the very survival of their species, and Cyclops has shown he is willing to go to any lengths to insure that goal. He literally has the weight of the world on the shoulders, anything that happens now, for good or bad, to mutant kind is squarely on his shoulders. Pro. X's dream is dead, Cyclops said so himself, whether or not that means he will fallow Magento's or carve his own path remains to be seen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.