Molecule Man vs Firestorm vs Mister M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gobstakid777
post-retcon molecule man
all at full power and complete mastery of powers

Knowsbleed33
Molecule Man.

leonidas
FS nor MrM ever showed the sheer SCOPE of owen's powers. not even close, really. unless you feel like entertaining a discussion regarding the POTENTIAL of an omega-level mutant, methinks this be spite . . .

AlmightyKfish
Molecule Man...

complexbrother
MM by a universe.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by leonidas
FS nor MrM ever showed the sheer SCOPE of owen's powers. not even close, really. unless you feel like entertaining a discussion regarding the POTENTIAL of an omega-level mutant, methinks this be spite . . .

it's not spite.and yes i am completely willing to entertain a discussion about potential

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by gobstakid777
it's not spite.and yes i am completely willing to entertain a discussion about potential

It really is spite, Molecule Man is on another level to these two.

Even Post Retcon, he and the Beyonder fought in a battle that warped things across the Multiverse...

gobstakid777
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Even Post Retcon, he and the Beyonder fought in a battle that warped things across the Multiverse...

they all have basically the same power,especially absolom.if they all had full mastery of said power....

leonidas

erm

if you want to talk about what an omega is SUPPOSED to ultimately be capable of, then maybe mr.m can one day match owen. but as they stand mr.m never showed anywhere CLOSE to the scope of owen's power level and FS is even further behind imo.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by gobstakid777
they all have basically the same power,especially absolom.if they all had full mastery of said power....

Basically the same power, but on different levels.

I mean, technically The Silver Surfer can manipulate matter and energy akin to Molecule Man, but not on the same level as him.

Prep-Man
Molecule Man.

bbrem123
current molecule man? isnt he weaker then surfer?

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by bbrem123
current molecule man? isnt he weaker then surfer?

No.

bbrem123
there is a scan in surfer respect thread saying molecule man is almost as powerful as the surfer

bbrem123
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1714/77299079.jpg

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by bbrem123
there is a scan in surfer respect thread saying molecule man is almost as powerful as the surfer

That was said by a random photographer in the MU if I'm not mistaken.

Molecule Man has fought and warped the multiverse, as well as defeated the Beyonder (post retcon), and stated that ripping apart galaxies is 'easy stuff' for him...

occultdestroyer
Molecule Man FTW

Peterlane
Molecule Man>=Mr M>>>>>>>>>>>>Firestorm

Knowsbleed33
Mister M is actually pretty bad ass. He just needs more showings.

Enyalus
this be spite . . .

thumb up

Naija boy

I mean, technically The Silver Surfer can manipulate matter and energy akin to Molecule Man, but not on the same level as him.

I disagree. on panel evidence says otherwise stick out tongue
http://img5.imageshack.us/i/77299079.jpg/
Surfer >>>=molecule man as proven on panel.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
I disagree. on panel evidence says otherwise stick out tongue
http://img5.imageshack.us/i/77299079.jpg/
Surfer >>>=molecule man as proven on panel.
So that means both Surfer and MM are beneath Thanos. Cool.

wink

Naija boy
Originally posted by Enyalus
So that means both Surfer and MM are beneath Thanos. Cool.

wink

surfer is >= thanos as well or have u forgoton that a weakened surfer matched thanos output in annihilation? evil face

Galan007
erm

if you want to talk about what an omega is SUPPOSED to ultimately be capable of, then maybe mr.m can one day match owen. but as they stand mr.m never showed anywhere CLOSE to the scope of owen's power level and FS is even further behind imo. well if we are going to talk about potential, then firestorm has an infinite well of energy in which to draw from *shrug*

Even Post Retcon, he and the Beyonder fought in a battle that warped things across the Multiverse... right, and he's also been practically mind raped by iron man's tech, and owned/killed by the MoD. none

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Galan007
well if we are going to talk about potential, then firestorm has an infinite well of energy in which to draw from *shrug*

right, and he's also been practically mind raped by iron man's tech, and owned/killed by the MoD. none

Was the Iron Man tech thing when Tony wiped his identity from a bunch of villains minds? Or something to that effect

And the MoD thing was a) in Millars Old Man Logan Future where Iceman died from being beheaded and Jubilee fought a blood lusted Wolverine for far longer than the rest of the X men. Suffice to say power levels in that future can hardly be compared to the main 616.

b) All we saw was his body amongst a pile of villains, no fight or anything. That barely counts as an appearance , yet alone a low showing...

leonidas
well if we are going to talk about potential, then firestorm has an infinite well of energy in which to draw from *shrug*

that's different. does FS have the ability to actually learn to utilize all that power, or is it just available to him? i thought he was limited by his humanity or something, had to pick and choose his abilities (sort of) so as not to overload himself (for lack of a better term.)

an omega is (theoretically) capable of evolving to the point where they are capable of using nearly infinite power. potentially. in theory. so they say . . . confused

wow. that's a very decisive post. no expression

Galan007
that's different. does FS have the ability to actually learn to utilize all that power, or is it just available to him? i thought he was limited by his humanity or something, had to pick and choose his abilities (sort of) so as not to overload himself (for lack of a better term.) judging by the professor's statements/point of view, i think he was more concerned with jason losing his humanity, than anything else. i mean, both he and ronnie had essentially lost touch with the 'material world' when their powers began to grow, and the good professor didn't want jason to have to go through that.

Knowsbleed33
b) All we saw was his body amongst a pile of villains, no fight or anything. That barely counts as an appearance , yet alone a low showing...

Regardless, this event never takes place since Ben woke Clyde before he was suppose to have killed MM.

Mr Master

Was the Iron Man tech thing when Tony wiped his identity from a bunch of villains minds? Or something to that effect
LOL! at the thought og Tony's tech doing anything to Owen.

Other than Iron Man's comic making a statement concerning this comedy,
there's no proof of any kind that that's an actual fact,
since this supposed "mind rape" never took place on panel,
has not been confirmed in any other issue,
and is not mentioned in Tony's or Owen's new 09' Handbook bios.

And the MoD thing was a) in Millars Old Man Logan Future where Iceman died from being beheaded and Jubilee fought a blood lusted Wolverine for far longer than the rest of the X men. Suffice to say power levels in that future can hardly be compared to the main 616.

thumb up

In 616, Post-MM (Owen Reece)
was called one of the most powerful beings in the Omniverse
by the LT himself.

Owen was able to easily rip out the essence of Kosmos,
from an astronomical distance away,
when Owen battle the essence of Kosmos (Beyonder)
reality withIN realities across the Omniverse was warped,
literally stated to be from the "quatum to the trans-Multiversal"
incredible.

Owen even stated that "ripping Galaxies apart was easy stuff" ... smile

So, when I see a writer suggesting that Tony affected this beast in any way,
with his human tech, I gotta laugh,
it's not like this is Doom or Reed,
who get a pass with any exaggeration they display.

guy222
Always make excellent points good friend

Aron the Rogue Watcher beat Reece

Too many comics today for ole guy222

Reece wins this

Mr. M had the potential to be badass

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master
LOL! at the thought og Tony's tech doing anything to Owen.

Other than Iron Man's comic making a statement concerning this comedy,
there's no proof of any kind that that's an actual fact,
since this supposed "mind rape" never took place on panel,
has not been confirmed in any other issue,
and is not mentioned in Tony's or Owen's new 09' Handbook bios. right. despite owen's name being specifically mentioned, and his character specifically shown, i guess tony was lying to us. afterall, it wasn't mentioned in more than one issue - thus, it must not be canonical.

none

Philosophía
I'm disappointed in you, Galan.

You should have learnt by now, that's just the way things roll.

Knowsbleed33
right. despite owen's name being specifically mentioned, and his character specifically shown, i guess tony was lying to us. afterall, it wasn't mentioned in more than one issue - thus, it must not be canonical.

none

Hey Galan, i have some snake oil that I guarantee will cure all that ails you.

Do you believe me?

Galan007
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Hey Galan, i have some snake oil that I guarantee will cure all that ails you.

Do you believe me? no. apparently you'd have to say it at least one more time to make it true.

good god, what has this forum come to? facepalm

john allerdyce
The notion that we are not to believe anything written in a comic if it isn't mentioned in more than one source is one of the most laughable things I have ever heard. It goes to show you the lengths some people will go to to try and "protect" their fav characters.

roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Knowsbleed33
It doesn't help when what's said contradicts everything else that's been written about said character. Clinging to one small showing as proof that a character isn't as powerful as people say he is when the rest of his showings disagree is even more laughable.

Stop being sour grapes children.

Oh, and Galan, do you believe me now?

Mr Master

It doesn't help when what's said contradicts everything else that's been written about said character. Clinging to one small showing as proof that a character isn't as powerful as people say he is when the rest of his showings disagree is even more laughable.
thumb up

Precisely.

Yea, the LT stating that Owen is one of the most powerful beings in the Omniverse,
is not to be believed.

Yea, Owen separating the essense of a Cube being (actual showing not just bull shit talk)
from an astronomical distance,
is not to be believed.

Yea, the Time Variance Authority (Omniversal Timline repairing crew)
complaining about Owen because he rearranged reality withIN realities across the Omniverse
(again, actual showing not just bull shit talk)
is not to be believed.

But a single claim by Tony in his own book (with NO showing of any kind)
is what counts.

no expression

Galan007
It doesn't help when what's said contradicts everything else that's been written about said character. Clinging to one small showing as proof that a character isn't as powerful as people say he is when the rest of his showings disagree is even more laughable. can you show me proof of post retcon owen having some type of immunity to mind-related attacks? y'all seem to be focusing solely on his personal power, forgetting that he was picked apart mentally (via a cyberprogram) - and not in the area of raw power.

Mr Master

can you show me proof of post retcon owen having some type of immunity to mind-related attacks? y'all seem to be focusing solely on his personal power,

forgetting that he was picked apart mentally (via a cyberprogram) - and not in the area of raw power.
Can you show me proof of post retcon Owen
getting picked apart by any cyberprogram of any kind?

Or is this claim based on that single verbal claim withIN the Iron Man book?

Even if it did happen, (although there's no on panel depiction of it happening)
we don't know the circumstances of how it happened,
or like ... why it happened.

For all we know Owen allowed that shit ... or even helped it along,
just like he allowed himself to be imprisoned
due to depression after losing his love Marsha.

Bottomline:

It makes no sense, that a being the LT claimed
was one of the most powerful in the Omniverse,
easily extracted the essence of Kosmos from a ridiculous distance away
& rearranged reality across the realities of the Omniverse,
can possibly fall victim to Tony's freakin tech.

Merlyn
Regardless, this event never takes place since Ben woke Clyde before he was suppose to have killed MM. thumb down

If that were the case, the MOD would have simply ceased to be. If that were the case, there would have been no need for Clyde and the MOD's final battle, because there would have been no MOD. Because that was certainly not the case, we can logically assume all things still happened as were displayed (inc. MOD's owning of MM.)

Can you show me proof of post retcon Owen
getting picked apart by any cyberprogram of any kind?

Or is this claim based on that single verbal claim withIN the Iron Man book?

Even if it did happen, (although there's no on panel depiction of it happening)
we don't know the circumstances of how it happened,
or like ... why it happened. IIRC, Tony used his cyber program to wipe the specific memory of his secret identity from all the villains who knew it (MM was clearly shown amongst them.) So IF we are for some reason assuming Owen allowed his mind to be tampered with, then we must also assume every one of the other villains allowed their minds to be tampered with. Though that notion may sound ridiculous, we have to be fair.... Right?

But I'm not arguing with your stance, because now I can forget darn near every low feat my character has, because most of them weren't shown or mentioned more than once. So.... Thanks! smile

Mindset
Originally posted by Merlyn

But I'm not arguing with your stance, because now I can forget darn near every low feat my character has, because most of them weren't shown or mentioned more than once. So.... Thanks! smile We already ignore low feats if most other feats contradict it.

Merlyn
Originally posted by Mindset
We already ignore low feats if most other feats contradict it. And what specific MM-feat contradicts a cyber program's ability to wipe a certain memory from his mind? None that I can think of.

I mean, it's not like MM would have been prepared, or even aware, that it was happening. It just.... Happened. MM's raw power has absolutely nothing to do with Tony's tech being able to affect his MIND. Nothing at all.

Mindset
Did it ever actually happen?

So Tony could affect most reality warpers with this tech?

Merlyn
Did it ever actually happen?

So Tony could affect most reality warpers with this tech? Yes it happened. I can't remember the specific issue number, but it was posted in the IM respect thread. Tony designed a cyber program that had the sole purpose of infiltrating the minds of all the villains who knew his secret identity, then eradicating that memory from their minds entirely. And Molecule Man was among the villains specifically depicted/mentioned in that scene.

The raw power at his disposal wouldn't come into play where mind-related-attacks are concerned. Nothing he's done on panel suggests any kind of enhanced resistance to that sort of 'attack'. Multiversal power or not.

Knowsbleed33
thumb down

If that were the case, the MOD would have simply ceased to be. If that were the case, there would have been no need for Clyde and the MOD's final battle, because there would have been no MOD. Because that was certainly not the case, we can logically assume all things still happened as were displayed (inc. MOD's owning of MM.)

Uhhh what? We actually SEE Clyde get awakened BEFORE he was when he supposedly killed all those villains and discovered his taste for slaughter? Are you suggesting there are multiple Clydes and MoD's? He can from a universe outside the prime multiverse which means there's only one Clyde Wyncham.

Mr Master

IIRC, Tony used his cyber program to wipe the specific memory of his secret identity from all the villains who knew it (MM was clearly shown amongst them.) So IF we are for some reason assuming Owen allowed his mind to be tampered with, then we must also assume every one of the other villains allowed their minds to be tampered with. Though that notion may sound ridiculous, we have to be fair.... Right?
Let me know when any of the other villains shown
have warped reality
across the realities of the Omniverse. smile

And let me know when the LT states that any of them
are one of the most powerful beings in the Omniverse.

... then come back with that cyberyidiyadagoble.

But I'm not arguing with your stance, because now I can forget darn near every low feat my character has, because most of them weren't shown or mentioned more than once. So.... Thanks!
no expression .. poor attempt at sarcasm.

We already ignore low feats if most other feats contradict it.
thumb up yes

Mr Master

Yes it happened. I can't remember the specific issue number, but it was posted in the IM respect thread. Tony designed a cyber program that had the sole purpose of infiltrating the minds of all the villains who knew his secret identity, then eradicating that memory from their minds entirely. And Molecule Man was among the villains specifically depicted/mentioned in that scene.
False.

All we see is Tony's claim,
and a cpu image of villains that include Owen.

It has never been depicted on panel,
anything even alluding to this being a fact,
other than a single verbal claim in that Iron Man issue.

The raw power at his disposal wouldn't come into play where mind-related-attacks are concerned. Nothing he's done on panel suggests any kind of enhanced resistance to that sort of 'attack'. Multiversal power or not.
laughing

I see you don't know much about Owen's history,
scans coming up. smile

And that's Omniversal power dude.

Merlyn
Uhhh what? We actually SEE Clyde get awakened BEFORE he was when he supposedly killed all those villains and discovered his taste for slaughter? Are you suggesting there are multiple Clydes and MoD's? He can from a universe outside the prime multiverse which means there's only one Clyde Wyncham. Obviously everything still happened as was portrayed. Otherwise, by your line of 'logic', Clyde being 'woken up' before he discovered his taste for death, would have changed things in such a way that the MoD would have ceased to exist... There would have never even been a MoD, in fact. This of course is/was not the case at all.

Let me know when any of the other villains shown
have warped reality
across the realities of the Omniverse. smile

And let me know when the LT states that any of them
are one of the most powerful beings in the Omniverse. Which of course refers solely to his raw power. NOT any kind of resistence to the type of 'attack' Tony used.

False.

All we see is Tony's claim,
and a cpu image of villains that include Owen.

It has never been depicted on panel,
anything even alluding to this being a fact,
other than a single verbal claim in that Iron Man issue. I challenge you to shown me one "false" statement I made.

But of course the depiction of Owen's image + Tony's claim must have been wrong. Obviously we can't take things like that seriously when they concern your favorite characters.

Get real.

I see you don't know much about Owen's history,
scans coming up. smile

And that's Omniversal power dude. Save 'em. ALL the scans you post would be from a F4 annual (#27, IIRC.) And anyone who's read that issue would know as much about post retcon Owen, as there is to know.

And once again, NOTHING in that issue pertains to Owen having ANY sort of resistence to the type of 'attack' Tony used to erase a memory from his mind. Not one thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.