Yoda vs Starkiller and Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Who wins?

Lord Lucien
Yoda's going down. Most likely. Maybe. Not really.

Incanus
If Yoda throws a planet at them he wins. If not, its open to debate. To select people.

Darth Sevius
Yoda, yoda, yoda!!!

truejedi
TFU era vader? I'm going to go with the.... Jedi Master. His force defenses have never been breached when he wasn't just chilling on his stick for some reason....

SIdious's Lightning abilites are FAR beyond Marak's, that is made obvious. Marak's force abilities are only AT BEST on par with Vaders, but they are in the same ballpark. Vader knew if they had both turned on sidious, they would have lost, so he never intended Galen to help him defeat sidious. If they had no chance against sidious, then i believe they lose a close fight to Yoda. Can't hurt him with the force, and Suited vader and force-dependant marak won't be able to touch him with a saber. Especially because of Yoda's chosen form which will keep them from attacking him at the same time.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by truejedi
TFU era vader? I'm going to go with the.... Jedi Master. His force defenses have never been breached when he wasn't just chilling on his stick for some reason....

SIdious's Lightning abilites are FAR beyond Marak's, that is made obvious. Marak's force abilities are only AT BEST on par with Vaders, but they are in the same ballpark. Vader knew if they had both turned on sidious, they would have lost, so he never intended Galen to help him defeat sidious. If they had no chance against sidious, then i believe they lose a close fight to Yoda. Can't hurt him with the force, and Suited vader and force-dependant marak won't be able to touch him with a saber. Especially because of Yoda's chosen form which will keep them from attacking him at the same time.

Mareks force powers are well beyond vaders and vader didn't want to over throw the emperor with galen because galen was a pawn in sidious's and vader's plan from the beginning.

truejedi
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
Mareks force powers are well beyond vaders and vader didn't want to over throw the emperor with galen because galen was a pawn in sidious's and vader's plan from the beginning.

that makes no sense. He was a pawn because he wasn't strong enough to help Vader defeat sidious. If he HAD been strong enough to do that, he wouldn't have been a pawn. Either Vader would have been using him to destroy the empourer, or the empourer would have been using him to replace Vader.

Regardless of where you place Vader's and Marek's respective force powers (and i would need more evidence than one fight for Marek, one fight for Vader, which is what TFU gave us) to say Marek was "well beyond" vader, they were both well below sidious.

So my logic remains on why Yoda would win.

xxxpoppunker182
i'm not saying the green guy loses i'm just saying that galen>in the force department which as far as i know is canon. at least according to the fight in the book.

truejedi
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
i'm not saying the green guy loses i'm just saying that galen>in the force department which as far as i know is canon. at least according to the fight in the book.
i dunno, there were 2 such fights in the book.

pg. 270, TFU, Vader casually dispatches Marek with the force.
of course, later on, Marek winds, but that would just make them 1-1 in force matchups wouldn't it? (not disagreeing, just questioning, i like to do that)

xxxpoppunker182

of course, later on, Marek winds, but that would just make them 1-1 in force matchups wouldn't it? (not disagreeing, just questioning, i like to do that)

I never thought about that or realized just how close those fights were to each other. I just remembered GAYlen rocking vader on the deathstar and knocking his helmet off.

Nephthys
Yeah, but Galen didn't even fight back the first time iirc. That hardly counts as a win for Vader. Plus, this is a fight between Yoda and the duo, and in my opinion the two win.

truejedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, but Galen didn't even fight back the first time iirc. That hardly counts as a win for Vader. Plus, this is a fight between Yoda and the duo, and in my opinion the two win.

he got hit once and taken out. Can we say vader didn't conclusively beat Kota either? Because kota was attacked once and taken out of the fight. Still counts as a Vader win. Marek didn't fight back because vader's first attack TKO'd him.

chilled monkey

Not really. Their duel on the Death Star was the only time they fought in a 'real' straight-up fight and Galen soundly defeated Vader.

The encounter you refer to (pg. 270) wasn't a fight, that was an ambush. Galen didn't expect Vader to show up (he even points out that Vader had agreed to stay away), and he didn't expect Vader to attack him like that. The ONLY reason Vader got the better of him was because he was surprised and frozen with disbelief.

Before you bring up Kota, he wasn't surprised by Vader showing up to anywhere near the same extent that Galen was. This is shown by the fact he tried to attack Vader.

Getting the better of someone because you got the drop on them in no way makes you their superior in power, skill etc.

Hewhoknowsall
he got hit once and taken out. Can we say vader didn't conclusively beat Kota either? Because kota was attacked once and taken out of the fight. Still counts as a Vader win. Marek didn't fight back because vader's first attack TKO'd him.

I haven't read the book, nor have I finished the game, but if Vader beats Galen in an earlier part of the book, and if Galen is stronger at the end (which I bet he is), then it doesn't really matter if Vader could beat the weaker Galen, assuming that we're talking about Galen in his prime for this thread. It's like as if Vader were to reappear in FOTJ and Luke pwns him, and then people say "oh well Vader pwned Luke in ANH and ROTJ wasn't an all out fight so it's still 1-1!"

truejedi
naw, it was directly before the next duel.

I can buy the "not ready" argument, but still... Just barely. Marak and Vader fought a great battle, both of them using a force in the 2nd duel. I wouldn't say that Marak pwned him until the very end of it. I still think vader and Marek had abilities in the same ballpark. Vader and Marek < than sidious I just think Vader and Marek are also unable to beat Yoda.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.