Voldemort Vs. Godric Gryffindor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthDaniel1001
To keep Voldemort from just using Avadah Kedavra instantly, Godric has Harry Potter's wand (Let's just say it used to belong to Gryffindor) And yes, Gryffindor has his sword.

CloneCaptin Fox
I think Gryffindor because it has harry and also it have very powerful people in that homeroom or magicroom

Go!Gryffindor starwars

DarthDaniel1001
I meant the wizard, not the house

siriuswriter
okay, let's travel back to "chamber of secrets."

when salazar slytherin first created it, he could not, and so would not, use it and the basilisk whilst godric was also at hogwwarts. this implies that salazar would not have been able to best godric, had he found proof of the chamber.

in hp canon, the Founders are The Most Powerful - more so than Dumbledore, and definitely more powerful than Voldemort.

voldemort is less powerful that slytherin. slytherin is less powerful gryffindor.

if a beats b, and b is greater than c, a beats c.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by siriuswriter
okay, let's travel back to "chamber of secrets."

when salazar slytherin first created it, he could not, and so would not, use it and the basilisk whilst godric was also at hogwwarts. this implies that salazar would not have been able to best godric, had he found proof of the chamber.

in hp canon, the Founders are The Most Powerful - more so than Dumbledore, and definitely more powerful than Voldemort.

voldemort is less powerful that slytherin. slytherin is less powerful gryffindor.

if a beats b, and b is greater than c, a beats c.
What a bad logic.

seoinlosangeles
Considerably, the post is actually the best on this notable topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Authentic work and much success in your business endeavors!

ares834

voldemort is less powerful that slytherin.

Where do you get this bogus? Voldemort is stated as pushing toe boundries of magic farther than anyone else and is called the darkest wizard of all time... He wins.

Thoren
He is the darkest wizard of all time, not the greatest.

I think we haven't heard enough about Gryffindor, but I would bet he'd give Voldemort a very hard time. Not sure who would win, but that would definitely be a bad ass fight.

Unicor777
Remember that Voldermort became almost immortal, he mastered dark arts better than any other wizard in the past. The battle between the two would be a delight to be written and discussed smile

Thoren
Being Immortal or near immortal, doesn't mean you can't get your ass whipped.

Voldemort is case in point.

maxman1180
Godric Gryffindor, I think..

juggerman
I would have to say Voldy. He was "The Most Powerful Dark Wizard of All Time" right? That point has been clearly stated several time in the novels so he would logically be more powerful than Slytherin (who was a dark wizard if i remember correctly) so to say Gryffindor is automatically above Voldemort cuz he was above Slytherin is faulty.

NemeBro
Voldemort is directly stated to be the most powerful dark Wizard of all time, and is demonstratably superior by a great deal to Grindelwand, who is number two.

So he wins.

Utrigita
I would say Godric, going by nothing but a feeling.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by ares834
Where do you get this bogus? Voldemort is stated as pushing toe boundries of magic farther than anyone else and is called the darkest wizard of all time... He wins.

I get my "bogus" either directly from the books or from things that JK Rowling has shared with the world.

And this whole - most powerful dark wizard - thing?

Dumbledore is more powerful. He knows the dark and the light magic

If Voldy won't use the light magic because he thinks it's 'under' him, then at once Dumbledore is better.

But the Founders have only Merlin above them, in the food chain list of wizard powers, so Godric, who is already more powerful than Dumbledore will beat Voldy.

Rules of dueling found in Chamber of Secrets, Dumbledore > Voldy found in Sorcerer's Stone through Deathly Hallows, Founders power levels found in JK Rowling interview.

ares834
Once again where do you get the idea that the Founders are somehow above Dumbledore and Voldy? That's not supported at all by the books. In fact, the best thing stated about the founders that I recall is that they were the greatest witches and wizards of their age.

Meanwhile, Voldemort is repeatedly called the mightest dark wizard to grace the world in the books which should put him above Slytherin. And once again, Dumbeldore claims he pushed the boundreis of magic farther than anyone.

Basically, their is ample evidence provided by characters in the books that Voldemort is greater than the founder while their is none to the contrary.

And no, Dumbeldore is not he most powerful dark wizard as he isn't a dark wizard... In fact, I can't beleive I had to say that! Yes, he may know dark magic but so does almost every character in the book. That doesn't make them dark wizards however.

Also A>B>C logic doesnt work in vs fights. After all, Harry beat Voldy but that doesn't mean he can beat Dumbledore.

damsel-distress
I think Voldemort will defeat Gryffindor because he has so much dark powers that no one would ever imagine.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by ares834
Once again where do you get the idea that the Founders are somehow above Dumbledore and Voldy? That's not supported at all by the books. In fact, the best thing stated about the founders that I recall is that they were the greatest witches and wizards of their age.

Once again, I got that information from JK Rowling herself, per interview. Whatever JK says is super-canon.

ares834
Link to interview please.

siriuswriter
Her old site, the one she kept running while she was writing the books. I'm not sure exactly. I don't think that site's running now, not since the release of seven sometime. POTTERMORE is her new website.

juggerman
Rowling is a hypocritical idiot. She wrote Harry Potter one way then completely contradicts what she has told in the story.

Example: Harry and Dumbledore both stated that Snape was the Bravest man the have ever known. Then in an interview when asked about Snape she said something along the line of Snape was just a sniviling coward.

What she says means nothing to me

Jmanghan
bump

EmperorSidious2
Voldemort.

Bentley
Going by feats and by the books, Voldemort is Superior to everyone short of Dumbledore and maybe Grimwald with the Elder Wand.

Surtur
Once again, I got that information from JK Rowling herself, per interview. Whatever JK says is super-canon.

Actual feats matter, not what the author says. What specific feats does Godric have to put him above Voldemort?

Originally posted by Bentley
Going by feats and by the books, Voldemort is Superior to everyone short of Dumbledore and maybe Grimwald with the Elder Wand.

I'd actually argue Voldemort is superior to even Dumbledore. Dumbledore even with the unbeatable wand couldn't actually defeat Voldemort. So wouldn't it be silly to think Dumbledore, based on his own innate power, is above Voldy? The fact he could go up against someone so powerful who also had an incredibly potent magical artifact really says a lot.

Just like Grindelwald with the elder wand was still unable to defeat Dumbledore..so it would definitely mean Voldemort is above Grindelwald since he didn't have the luxury of an super power wand when he fought him.

Though I do wonder how much of a boost the elder wand truly gives you. Dumbledore says him and Grindelwald were more or less even, but then says he is probably a bit more skilled. So you'd think if Dumbledore is only a bit more skilled..that getting the elder wand would of tipped the balance back into Grindelwalds favor, right?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
Actual feats matter, not what the author says. What specific feats does Godric have to put him above Voldemort?

I'd actually argue Voldemort is superior to even Dumbledore. Dumbledore even with the unbeatable wand couldn't actually defeat Voldemort. So wouldn't it be silly to think Dumbledore, based on his own innate power, is above Voldy? The fact he could go up against someone so powerful who also had an incredibly potent magical artifact really says a lot.

Just like Grindelwald with the elder wand was still unable to defeat Dumbledore..so it would definitely mean Voldemort is above Grindelwald since he didn't have the luxury of an super power wand when he fought him.

Though I do wonder how much of a boost the elder wand truly gives you. Dumbledore says him and Grindelwald were more or less even, but then says he is probably a bit more skilled. So you'd think if Dumbledore is only a bit more skilled..that getting the elder wand would of tipped the balance back into Grindelwalds favor, right?

Have to argue against that, actually.

Author's word is > The Source Material because the Author is the creator of the Source Material, but that still doesn't necessarily mean that Godric is above Voldemort, just that he'd give him one hell of a fight.

I could see Merlin being a bigger threat to Voldemort then Dumbledore though.

Apparently Godric was able to take on the Slytherin Basilisk and Salazar Slytherin at the same time, so thats something.

You could actually blame HIM for the Chamber of Secrets, cause that was the result of Salazar's defeat.

Bentley

Keep in mind that the Dumbledore that Voldemort fought had the disadvantage of needing to protect Harry and was arguably past his prime. The scuffle they had was also rather brief, most duels in the series even among peers tend to drag a lot longer than that, powerful artifact or not.

In the books Dumbledore was effortlessly fending off Voldemort without resorting to powerful/devastating magic that we know he can use, but would've been risky given the circumstances. It was almost as if Albus didn't even need to look at Tom to keep up with him, he was an elemental force.

Surtur
In the books Dumbledore still was stalemated though, despite having the Elder Wand. As for past his prime, I don't know. For me that point happened once he f*cked up his hand. Which admittedly wasn't long after the fight with Voldemort.

Bentley
In the books Dumbledore still was stalemated though, despite having the Elder Wand. As for past his prime, I don't know. For me that point happened once he f*cked up his hand. Which admittedly wasn't long after the fight with Voldemort.

Voldemort defended himself but still got caught in the water sphere and was pressed by Dumbledore in every attack. It's generous to think he could've done any better in the long run, against an old Dumbledore (let's not talk about the young more powerful Grindelwald fought).

Trocity
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I could see Merlin being a bigger threat to Voldemort then Dumbledore though.

Dumbledore was written to be the greatest wizard of all time.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
Dumbledore was written to be the greatest wizard of all time. I guess. :/

Surtur
Yeah but what about that wizard that lived for like..10,000 years? That kind of makes Voldemort and Dumbledore look like little kids standing next to a dinosaur. I mean some wizard somehow just..lived for thousands and thousands of years.

EmperorSidious2

You wanna debate that?

i_dont_know_eng
i think gryffindor because it like akp

Trocity
Yeah but what about that wizard that lived for like..10,000 years? That kind of makes Voldemort and Dumbledore look like little kids standing next to a dinosaur. I mean some wizard somehow just..lived for thousands and thousands of years.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of a wizard living that long. The oldest I know of was one Barry Winkle, who lived to be about 750, and Nicolas Flamel, the creator of the Philosopher's Stone, but he was less than 700 years old. He probably attained a great wealth of knowledge, yes, but in terms of combat applicability and natural talent?

A line of comparison would be Yoda living nearly a millennium yet still being bested by Sidious in combat.

Surtur
Okay yeah I'm not sure why I thought he lived for 10,000 years.

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
You wanna debate that?

Debate when Dumbledore became past his prime? But there really wouldn't be anyway to prove he did reach such a state prior to his incident with the cursed ring. I'm not saying that is guaranteed that it started to happen around the time of the ring curse incident either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.