Can Iron Man & Iron Monger stop Ironhide?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/images/ironhide-big.jpg
Stark and Stane are at Stark Industries when they hear of a robot destroying a suburb. The military has sucessfully evacuated the area right when the two armor-clad businessmen arrive. Combatants have no idea of each other's abilities.

Setting: Fights in an evacuated suburb.

Combatants start out 25 feet from each other. Ironhide is in his robot mode.

The duo does have military assistance. Just no sabot rounds.
(Let's limit this to a couple of armored humvees with heavy weaponry, grenades, rpg's, .50 Cal. mounted guns) Think N.E.S.T. w/o sabot rounds.

Nemesis X
Ironhide for the win although Iron Man flying around will be very irritating.

dadudemon
Tony fires one of the tank buster missiles into IronHide's chest, shortly after Ironman's computer identifies that for Ironman in his HUD.

The end.

XanatosForever
Huh? erm

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Iron Man flying around will be very irritating. No doubt.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Tony fires one of the tank buster missiles into IronHide's chest, shortly after Ironman's computer identifies that for Ironman in his HUD. The end. Nice try, but no. Ironhide took multiple missiles from Starscream and got up.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Martin
No doubt.

Nice try, but no. Ironhide took multiple missiles from Starscream and got up.

But not an armor piericing tank busting round. smile

Darth Martin
Is most likely inferior to two of Starscream's missiles. F-22's wipe out tanks anyday. How did we win the Desert Storm again? reading

dadudemon
Is most likely inferior to two of Starscream's missiles. F-22's wipe out tanks anyday. How did we win the Desert Storm again? reading

No, better armor piericing, at least.

A tank's armor is >>>>>> than a jet, or any Transformer. A transformer is metal, prolly nanbots, circuitry, and computers.

A tanks's armor is thick, sturdy, metal.

A tank buster would go right through a Transformer. Sabot rounds went right through them, that's how we know this.

Penetration power of a tank buster is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than a Sabot round.

This is how we know that Stark's missile would take him out with ease.

In FACT, this thread is spite because of that. big grin

Darth Martin
A tank's armor is >>>>>> than a jet, or any Transformer. A transformer is metal, prolly nanbots, circuitry, and computers. Don't misunderstand me, I wasn't comparing a Jet's armor to a tank's. I said Ironhide took Starscream's missiles>Iron Man tankbuster dart. A standard F-22 missile should destroy a tank. Starscream's weaponry is arguably superior to our own.

The tankbuster dart will damage Ironhide, sure, assuming it hits him. Ironhide is more agile than both of the men in suits.

My point was it won't kill him seeing how the Starscream's missiles(plural) didn't.

dadudemon
Don't misunderstand me, I wasn't comparing a Jet's armor to a tank's. I said Ironhide took Starscream's missiles>Iron Man tankbuster dart. A standard F-22 missile should destroy a tank. Starscream's weaponry is arguably superior to our own.

The tankbuster dart will damage Ironhide, sure, assuming it hits him. Ironhide is more agile than both of the men in suits.

My point was it won't kill him seeing how the Starscream's missiles(plural) didn't.

No, the tank buster dart is far better at piercing than the missiles...unless the missile specifically fired is a tank buster.

The payload is probably higher yield, but armor piercing? No.

And the missiles used on the F-22 are varied. Tank busters, yes. Any other, no.

Placidity
How do you know Stark's missile was armor piercing?

Placidity
+ Ironhide

* "Healing Factor"/ Regeneration
* Energy Canons

BruceSkywalker
Stark & Stane ftw... but could match though

Nemesis X
Where's the evidence that Iron Man's dart missile is more powerful than Starscream's missile? We're talking advanced alien technology here and last I checked, alien technology surpasses human technology.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
How do you know Stark's missile was armor piercing?

Because it pierced through the tank and exploded it.

Is there anything else to indicate otherwise. No, that's not a question.

Placidity
Because it pierced through the tank and exploded it.

Is there anything else to indicate otherwise. No, that's not a question.

Theres nothing to indicate it did pierce the tank lol.

Sadako of Girth
I reckon its the Iron Man team, although they'd have to do it quickly as Ironhide is heavily armed and longer the confrontation, the more chance Ironhide has of pulling something out of the bag.

Robtard
Again, Sabot rounds aren't one type of uber artillery, a Sabot is just an encasing so a smaller diameter projectile can be fired from a larger diameter bore, it's just a casing.

It stands to reason that the Sabot rounds that managed to harm the TF were the depleted uranium spikes, aka "tank busters" the US military uses. It's basically a slender spike made of depleted uranium (extremely dense material) encased in a larger disposable, fired (usually from the Abrams tank) at extremely high velocity and it punches/burns right through armour.

IIRC, the TF were harmed by the Sabots in the movie, but they weren't brought down by them, even repeated fire. Devastator (the Tank) took massive amounts and kept getting up.

So imo, unless IM's repulsor beams can severely damage Ironhide, Ironhide is winning this due to sheer greater durability, he's also rather agile for such a large bulky machine.

Edit: Wait, IM's wrist rocket completely obliterated that Russian tank, so it is likely more powerful than your garden variety DP spike. Ironhide may be ****ed here.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Edit: Wait, IM's wrist rocket completely obliterated that Russian tank, so it is likely more powerful than your garden variety DP spike. Ironhide may be ****ed here.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That's what I've been trying to tell this guys!

laughing laughing laughing

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Where's the evidence that Iron Man's dart missile is more powerful than Starscream's missile? We're talking advanced alien technology here and last I checked, alien technology surpasses human technology. Agreed.

Because it pierced through the tank and exploded it. Can we say for sure it pierced the tank though? We heard the sound of it making contact with the tank. For all we know it could've either bounced off or landed on a spot where it could sit and not fall to the ground. Saying it pierced is pur speculation.

It stands to reason that the Sabot rounds that managed to harm the TF were the depleted uranium spikes, aka "tank busters" the US military uses. It's basically a slender spike made of depleted uranium (extremely dense material) encased in a larger disposable, fired (usually from the Abrams tank) at extremely high velocity and it punches/burns right through armour. Are you referring to the ammunition used against Scorponok in the desert?

That's what I've been trying to tell this guys! The wrist dart is devastating, yes, but it would have to hit Ironhide first. We see Ironhide dodge multiple tank rounds flown at him by Brawl in the first film with ease. The dude has mad agility.

Robtard

Are you referring to the ammunition used against Scorponok in the desert?

That's when it was first discovered that Sabot rounds work against TFs, that fight.

When the team is examining Scorp's tail, the negro notes that the 'Sabot rounds were the only thing that burned through.'

dadudemon
Can we say for sure it pierced the tank though? We heard the sound of it making contact with the tank. For all we know it could've either bounced off or landed on a spot where it could sit and not fall to the ground. Saying it pierced is pur speculation.

Because it exploded from the inside, not the side he fired from.

Are you referring to the ammunition used against Scorponok in the desert?

The wrist dart is devastating, yes, but it would have to hit Ironhide first. We see Ironhide dodge multiple tank rounds flown at him by Brawl in the first film with ease. The dude has mad agility.

Ironman's agility>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ironhides'. smile

Ironman's computer is also >>>>>>>>>>>Ironhides. For all of their processing power, they still have trouble in h2h fights.

Darth Martin
Ironman's agility>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ironhides'. smile Flying maybe. I meant on the ground utilizing acrobatics.

And does the film specifically show the tank exploding from the inside?

Robtard
Watching that tank scene again, it's a bit inconclusive just how powerful that mini-missile was. As the smoke covered the damage, tank could have been standing still, just out of commission, or it could have been obliterated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6101y4olcL4&feature=related

Darth Martin
Ughhh! They put Wayne's wackass music to that. Ruinage!

dadudemon
Ughhh! They put Wayne's wackass music to that. Ruinage!

lol I don't even know who that is.

Also, the tank blows up uniformly in a circle. The Missile disappeared inside the tank. Meaning, it blew up from the inside, almost dead center.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah that was "Iron Man's wrist rocket... 1, Tank armour.... Big fat 0"

Darth Martin
But that doesn't guarantee anything seeing as how Ironhide took atleast two of Starcream's missiles. Ironhide also dodged an onslaught of Brawls tank rounds as well.

lol I don't even know who that is. Lil Wayne

dadudemon
But that doesn't guarantee anything seeing as how Ironhide took atleast two of Starcream's missiles. Ironhide also dodged an onslaught of Brawls tank rounds as well.

If starscreams missiles were tank busters, then he could have fired right at Ironhides spark and one-hit-killed him, like Ironman will do. smile

Lil Wayne

LOL.

Figured that's who Wayne was.

Darth Martin
LOL. Figured that's who Wayne was. He's on my list of irrelevant individuals.

If starscreams missiles were tank busters, then he could have fired right at Ironhides spark and one-hit-killed him, like Ironman will do. Again, the missile would have to hit Ironhide. He dodged multiple tank rounds from Brawl which are much larger than Iron Man's badass sharpie dart.

Just one of Starscream's missiles left Bumblebee legless.

dadudemon
Again, the missile would have to hit Ironhide. He dodged multiple tank rounds from Brawl which are much larger than Iron Man's badass sharpie dart.

That little missile seemed rather fast...

It's also a lot smaller and would be harder to see coming, don't you think?

Just one of Starscream's missiles left Bumblebee legless.

Shoot. That's a good point. Maybe that's why they call him "ironhide" (In the film, at least)?

Darth Martin
That little missile seemed rather fast...

It's also a lot smaller and would be harder to see coming, don't you think? Iron Man's missile is faster than Brawls', but not so much that Ironhide would sweat trying to evade. Depends how far away from each other they are when Stark fires it. If it's point blank-20 feet I'm sure it'll connect. Any further and I have Ironhide dodging it.

Don't forget he can use his vehicle mode, which he dodged a couple more of Brawls' missiles in, to speedblitz either if up close.

There vision is HUD, similar to Iron Man's, Blackout proved this in the opening action scene at the military base. I'm sure he could track it.

dadudemon
Iron Man's missile is faster than Brawls', but not so much that Ironhide would sweat trying to evade. Depends how far away from each other they are when Stark fires it. If it's point blank-20 feet I'm sure it'll connect. Any further and I have Ironhide dodging it.

Don't forget he can use his vehicle mode, which he dodged a couple more of Brawls' missiles in, to speedblitz either if up close.

There vision is HUD, similar to Iron Man's, Blackout proved this in the opening action scene at the military base. I'm sure he could track it.

I agree with all your points.

Just to play with devil's advocate, how do you know that Blackout's HUD is only specific to him? What evidence do we have? (Did Barricade have something similar.)

Robtard
If anything, Ironhide is likely to have OnStar.

dadudemon
If anything, Ironhide is likely to have OnStar.

laughing

Batman does. So why wouldn't Ironhide?

Darth Martin
Just to play with devil's advocate, how do you know that Blackout's HUD is only specific to him? What evidence do we have? (Did Barricade have something similar.) Barricade did infact. I recall wim seeing from his perspective when he interrogates Sam on the car.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.