How do you start off a song?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Earthkanu
i think it depends on the mood said writer is in, its easiet to write if you are in the middle of some powerful emotions.

for example anger, joting down what you are thinking at the time can help sooth the anger but also start a creative fire about the situation and emotion.

at least thats the way i c it.......

i dont really know about the music side as i have never written lyrics to any particuler tune. well i feel that song should start with some attracting piece of music that can make you feel indulged and engaged with a song.

Jim Colyer
With a 2 bar or 4 bar intro, a signature lick consistent with the melody.

Darth Jello
depends, Some times with a good blast of feedback is best. One thing I've been working on that's a neat way to start a song is pulling the magnets out of travel board games and playing with them on my strings. They end up sounding like distorted church bells. One other thing I would try is playing around with a remote control near your pickups. You can get a good beat going if they can pickup the remote's signal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.