Epic Mickey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
So, I stumbled upon this little game here that just seemed a little creepy, anyways, enjoy. Might be for the Wii, and this is just concept art, but if the game looks anything like that, I'm sold.

http://www.offworld.com/2009/07/gallery-the-broke-down-steampu.html

Kazenji
That looks good from the concept art

looks as if Disney crossed to the darkside.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
That looks good from the concept art

looks as if Disney crossed to the darkside.

Doesn't it? The Country Bear turned into mecha scorpion, I did not see that one coming.

Morridini
That definitley caught my interest, gotta keep an eye on this one.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Morridini
That definitley caught my interest, gotta keep an eye on this one.

Smasandian
I think that's Warren Spectors new game.

Looks pretty sweet. I always enjoyed his work.

S_D_J
you've got to be kidding me, this is for real?

I just hope the final product looks as much as possible like these images

It looks like Disney meets Bioshock in the FF VI world

hopefully it won't get cancel

Quincy
Is this a real game?

Morridini
Conecpt art of a possible game yes.

Quincy
I saw this on youtube as a slideshow and thought it was fanart.

That's ridiculous

Scythe
Has anyone seen any updates about this? I heard they showed some more character models, but I can't find them.

NemeBro
I have actually known about this for a month or two, and I gotta say, if they keep it like it is in the art, I am looking forward to it.

Also, as for moar art:

6EUa24ZmPkc

This video shows every piece of concept art I am aware of, along with proposing a theory for the plot.

Q'Anilia
With Disney in motion, I can't imagine the plot being a failed suicide. The concept art seems interesting though.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
With Disney in motion, I can't imagine the plot being a failed suicide. The concept art seems interesting though.

It was an idea from the man himself; lets not forget films in which Disney was apart of always had dark undercurrents or sombre moments, look at Pinocchio that was a hell of a dark film.

And if this is not made then it will be one of the biggest wastes in gaming and in Disney history.

Morridini
Other interesting news is that Disney just bought the Marvel comic company, because Disney felt that they had lost touch with their young-adult males, this game might be coming along for the same reasons.

S_D_J
Other interesting news is that Disney just bought the Marvel comic company, because Disney felt that they had lost touch with their young-adult males, this game might be coming along for the same reasons.

I lol everytime I see a "X-men/Spidey on KH3" post around the net this days laughing

yep. they better do this game and keep the atmosphere of the concept art... and decent to great gameplay, obviously

XanatosForever
Originally posted by NemeBro
I have actually known about this for a month or two, and I gotta say, if they keep it like it is in the art, I am looking forward to it.

Also, as for moar art:

6EUa24ZmPkc

This video shows every piece of concept art I am aware of, along with proposing a theory for the plot.

Well, I will admit that video certainly thrilled me. The true story bit leaves me feeling a bit off; I think it is the first time I have ever really felt my view of Disney being jaded.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Well, I will admit that video certainly thrilled me. The true story bit leaves me feeling a bit off; I think it is the first time I have ever really felt my view of Disney being jaded.

You do realise half the stuff he came up with was dark in someway, I'm not at all surprised by such an idea.

XanatosForever
Oh I know there are a lot of things out of Disney that are not really what they appear to be. I think it was just the tone of the video that really got to me. erm

Nemesis X
I think the plot for this game is about old forgtten Disney characters wanting to get revenge on Mickey for being famous.

Quincy
Bugs Bunny is the bad guy in this game.

Scythe

Also, as for moar art:

6EUa24ZmPkc

Cool!

MooCowofJustice
I think this needs to be the scariest game anyone ever made.

That video legit freaks me out. If I saw some of that stuff in a video game I'd probably shit bricks.

S_D_J
Official Announcement coming:

Disney Readies Epic Mickey Announcement
The lid will finally be popped off this mysterious project next month.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/102/1028584p1.html

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/102/1028584/disney-readies-epic-mickey-announcement-20090925021140284_1253914485.jpg

the invitation looks Epic! big grin

more info:

http://blogs.ign.com/metalkombat/2009/09/12/128586/#comments%29

blink

Scythe
Sounds awesome, wonder what kind of new info will surface.

S_D_J
hopefully they'll show gameplay, or at least cutscenes of the game

MadMel
that.......is f*ckin creepy..erm

S_D_J
Epic Mickey Exclusive to Nintendo Wii
Everybody's favorite mouse appears in an all-new title.

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/103/1031313/mickey_1254759047.jpg

Zack Fair

Also, as for moar art:

6EUa24ZmPkc

You knew about this and didn't share?!

Someone's joined the black list.

durw00t

Scythe
Originally posted by S_D_J
Epic Mickey Exclusive to Nintendo Wii
Everybody's favorite mouse appears in an all-new title.

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/103/1031313/mickey_1254759047.jpg

I like the inky theme they have going on here. I'm also glad to see (hopefully) a good game on the Wii that I can look forward to. Thanks for the info.

S_D_J
judging by the art, and the fact that it's a Wii exclusive, I'm pretty sure this game will be something like Okami, gameplay wise.

Scythe
judging by the art, and the fact that it's a Wii exclusive, I'm pretty sure this game will be something like Okami, gameplay wise.

I was thinking that as well. Brush stroke attacks via Wii-mote would be sweet. A little platforming action would be nice too, something like Super Mario Galaxy.

NemeBro
There's a camel-toe in your sig.

Scythe
There sure is.

S_D_J
There's a camel-toe in your sig.

I didn't noticed, I'm too distracted by the giant breasts

-Pr-
i actually thought this thread was some sort of joke, seeing as in ireland, mickey is another word for, well...

Scythe
I didn't noticed, I'm too distracted by the giant breasts

My work here is done.

Originally posted by -Pr-
i actually thought this thread was some sort of joke, seeing as in ireland, mickey is another word for, well...

For what?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Scythe
My work here is done.

For what?

penis.

Scythe
I see...

-Pr-
I see...

hence the lulz.

nice sig btw.

Scythe
Originally posted by -Pr-
hence the lulz.

nice sig btw.

Haha, I've never heard of that expression, haha.

Thankies!

Merc'd
I didnt make this but i thought it was pretty funny :P how did he not know it was going to be for wii in the first place?

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/xVicious/1255040862690.jpg

NemeBro
He's got a point...The Wii may not do the concept art justice.

Scythe
Maybe. The cut scenes in SSBB look amazing though. So it may be nice looking.

Neo Darkhalen
Maybe. The cut scenes in SSBB look amazing though. So it may be nice looking.

Still I doubt they will do the concept steampunk art justice, not like the power of a PS3, 360 and PC could, I'm not usually a graphics "whore" but in this regard I think it would have been far better to have put this on a stronger machine, just because that artwork deserves the best treatment....oh and solid controls which I don't think the Wii can offer.

S_D_J
Details for Epic Mickey

Epic Mickey, epic details: Possibly not Wii exclusive?
http://www.destructoid.com/epic-mickey-epic-details-possibly-not-wii-exclusive--151187.phtml

the wiki page for Oswald has a different version of who's the baddie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oswald_the_Rabbit

no expression

S_D_J
leaked "actual gameplay" pics from Gameinformer:
http://www.teknoconsolas.es/imagen/epic-mickey-8

http://www.teknoconsolas.es/files/imagecache/img/images/imagenes/dis10.jpg
http://www.teknoconsolas.es/files/imagecache/img/images/imagenes/dis8.jpg
http://www.teknoconsolas.es/files/imagecache/img/images/imagenes/dis4.jpg

there are more scans on the link, The page is in Spanish

somehow the artwork seemed much "epic" than this erm

still, graphics make only half the game, and these are only screen grabs

MooCowofJustice
Hmm, that's kind of disappointing for me. I was actually hoping this would be an amazing horror game. Perhaps even actually based around the suicide of Mickey Mouse. Somehow he had to come back and fix everything because Pete took over and ended up turning everything into some freaky robozombies with some evil magic. I even saw that melted wizard looking image and kind of thought that's what was happening.

For some reason I find a Disney horror game incredibly appealing.

Phanteros
I was hoping for a more creep factor.

S_D_J
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Hmm, that's kind of disappointing for me. I was actually hoping this would be an amazing horror game. Perhaps even actually based around the suicide of Mickey Mouse. Somehow he had to come back and fix everything because Pete took over and ended up turning everything into some freaky robozombies with some evil magic. I even saw that melted wizard looking image and kind of thought that's what was happening.

what it is about is right above the pics (what I posted before it). it's never been about suicide, it's about revenge...

Creepy is what we wanted, and is not what were getting... it seems.

it's much too earlier to say for certain though. I'll give sometime.

I must admit those screens are not what I was looking forward to see, though erm

they look great nonetheless... like a watercolor painting, It's beautiful looking

MooCowofJustice
Nah I knew what it was about. I originally found out that this was game based on the dream Walt Disney had of the suicide of Mickey Mouse. That and the earlier concept art of the thread made me think it might actually have been a really cool horror game about that.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

I prefer the idea of Oswald and Phantom blot being the villains of the game rather then Pete being the villain YET AGAIN!

but the suicide and steam punk part would have been great, truly a waste if that link is going to be the final product....what a shame.

MooCowofJustice
Meh, I just put Pete into that because I didn't know about any other particularly evil Disney characters. So yeah, same plot but different villain for me I guess.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I prefer the idea of Oswald and Phantom blot being the villains of the game rather then Pete being the villain YET AGAIN!

but the suicide and steam punk part would have been great, truly a waste if that link is going to be the final product....what a shame.

not what I expected, but it's much too early to dismiss it. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt wink

Dark Exile
Definitely a Wii exclusive.

http://www.destructoid.com/epic-mickey-is-definitely-a-wii-exclusive-151387.phtml

Impediment
I just received my new issue of Game Informer. I need to read the full article before I put my two cents in.

Let me just say, however, that this does look very cool.

Morridini
I really hope this debut slideshow for Epic Mickey that just showed up is a huge elaborate joke; http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-slideshow-epic-mickey/58278

It looks as far away from the concept art as possible.

Scythe
Haha, that's usually how it goes for concept art, imo. I remember seeing concept art for the latest Wolverine game and I shit my pants, but then it came out... And don't get me wrong, it was alright, but... Yeah.

Quincy
Epic Mickey needs more Sora

S_D_J
I really hope this debut slideshow for Epic Mickey that just showed up is a huge elaborate joke; http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-slideshow-epic-mickey/58278

It looks as far away from the concept art as possible.

it looks just like the screens I posted....

quite disappointing, but what the hell

NemeBro
I read the Game Informer article.

While the idea certainly sounds good and the gameplay seems interesting, I must admit I am disappointed that it will be more kiddy than I had hoped, not being as dark or steampunk-esque.

Nemesis X
Go to the Kotaku website. There you'll find an article saying Epic Mickey will be adapted into a movie and comic book series.

NemeBro
I know.

Scythe
Originally posted by Quincy
Epic Mickey needs more Sora

This. Along with some zombie Mickey.

S_D_J
Terminator Donald looks ok erm

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/153406-epic-mickey-announced-with-disneyriffic-screens/Animatronic%20Donald-noscale.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/epic-mickey-announced-with-disneyriffic-screens-153406.phtml#comments

S_D_J
This article in GamesRadar does bring my hype up a bit

The 11 things you NEED to know about Epic Mickey
Why the return of the mouse is going to change everything

no expression

Scythe
Student game?

S_D_J
Student game?

as pitched by students as a project, and then turn more ambitious

... another word for independent game no expression

Scythe
as pitched by students as a project, and then turn more ambitious

... another word for independent game no expression

Ohhhh, that makes sense now, thanks.

I wonder what they mean by relaunch of Mickey Mouse.

Neo Darkhalen
Ohhhh, that makes sense now, thanks.

I wonder what they mean by relaunch of Mickey Mouse.

It's no secret Mickey hasn't been doing well lately (personally.) In fact he's not really been in his own animation in god knows how long, and save for pre-school and KH appearances he's largely vanished from animation.

This is apparently set to reinvigorate the character and bring him back into the spot light and the general conciseness.

This article in GamesRadar does bring my hype up a bit

The 11 things you NEED to know about Epic Mickey
Why the return of the mouse is going to change everything

no expression

Don't have to fight bosses? Then what is the point in even having bosses, by term a boss is a difficult opponent that must be overcome in order to progress or complete a story/segment of a goal.

Also I saw some concept art for the mad doctor's lair, last i saw of him was in that mickey mania game for SNES.

Scythe
It's no secret Mickey hasn't been doing well lately (personally.) In fact he's not really been in his own animation in god knows how long, and save for pre-school and KH appearances he's largely vanished from animation.

This is apparently set to reinvigorate the character and bring him back into the spot light and the general conciseness.

Don't have to fight bosses? Then what is the point in even having bosses, by term a boss is a difficult opponent that must be overcome in order to progress or complete a story/segment of a goal.

Also I saw some concept art for the mad doctor's lair, last i saw of him was in that mickey mania game for SNES.

Oh, yeah! I figured sine Mickey has been in Kingdom Hearts lately, but yeah, he hasn't gone solo lately.

As far as optional bosses, I started thinking maybe something like The End in Snake Eater.

S_D_J

And that's what you do.
Fighting is not always the answer, trying to avoid confrontation may prove just as hard as fighting.

Of course is typical (and almost mandatory) for videogames to force Boss Battles in every game.
It's not like you won't have to fight (a) Boss(es) at all, you just have the option to not do so.

The End boss fight is a good example, though that one plays out more for the lulz than anything else, but it is still a way to overcome an adversary, and proceed with the game.

I like that aspect of the game, but as of right now, it's just sounding good on paper, the execution remains to be seen.

Scythe
Mechanical Donald looks pretty cool, I think.

S_D_J
Mechanical Donald looks pretty cool, I think.

I just read that, if you wish, you can choose not to assembly him, and instead give it to some villainous dudes that will sell him for scrap

and one way to not fight Bosses is to help then in whatever they're planning

no expression

Neo Darkhalen
I just read that, if you wish, you can choose not to assembly him, and instead give it to some villainous dudes that will sell him for scrap

no expression

Seriously? no expression

Kero_Co
This is so much cooler than Mushroom Kingdom Hearts

Scythe

no expression

So not selling Donald!

Mr. Rhythmic
To me, this is waaaaaaay too creepy. Why does everything have to be disturbing nowadays?

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Kero_Co

Which is something I wish was real.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Kero_Co

Mushroom Kingdom Fusion? Nope.

Bro SMASH
Well nobody posted this yet so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZgMA5f7ZQ

The Steamboat Willie stage looks fun. I'm really interested in this game.

Scythe
I think it looks rad. Not as creepy lookin' as in the first few concept images, but I'm likin' its direction.

ScreamPaste
I really liked the creepy. sad

Scythe
Haha, we all did. Most of us, I would assume.

ScreamPaste
Will still get this game. Nintendo is raping my wallet.

MadMel
the creepy factor was definitely something yes

jalek moye
Yea its a big let down that the creepyness isn't around, but oh well

Scythe
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/786198/warren-spector-game-project-/videos/epicmickey_trl_opening_081310.html

^^Intro to the game, haha, yeah... Mickey is sort of a douche.

Also, speakin' of Mickey games, I dusted off this little gem that I found in my garage. Yeah, this game was awesome, almost like a Castlevania game. I sorta got that vibe watchin' the evil bad stuff that mousenapped him.

http://www.sega-16.com/review_page.php?id=214& amp;title=Castle%20of%20Illusion%20Starring%20Mick
ey%20Mouse

Nephthys
This looks Epic! awecraz

Sorry, had to. Looks like a cool game.

Morridini
The first part of the opening cinematic is out, and really cool: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-epic-mickey/702929

Scythe
The first part of the opening cinematic is out, and really cool: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-epic-mickey/702929

It sure does, since I posted it two posts up, haha, no worries though. Game looks rad.

Impediment
Well, since next Tuesday is the release, I looked at a number of Epic Mickey videos on YouTube today, and I must admit that for the first time in a long time I'm actually excited over a Wii game. This looks like quite the fun game.

4-MnhFSHTxU

AsbestosFlaygon
Game looks sucky.

Too kiddy, imo.

Reminds me of Mario 64, except that Mario game was better.

Still prefer KH haermm

AsbestosFlaygon
Btw,

Okami + Kingdom Hearts + Super Mario Galaxy = This

Impediment
What's wrong with "kiddy" games? Some of the greatest games ever made are "kiddy", Super Mario 64 included.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Impediment
What's wrong with "kiddy" games? Some of the greatest games ever made are "kiddy", Super Mario 64 included.
This game will only appeal to casual gamers, kids, and hardcore Disney fans.

And they intended this to be frightening, but it's far from being scary at all.
It's totally lame compared to the concept art they first sketched.

Would've been better if they added blood and gore, or a Silent Hill-esque backdrop. The paint would've been better if red rather than green.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
This game will only appeal to casual gamers, kids, and hardcore Disney fans.

Doubt that. Even if it's a Wii-exclusive, I doubt that.

Personally, I'd get this game (if I had a Wii...which one reason why I f***ing hate that this game is Wii-exclusive) simply because I'm interested in the story and the 'rejected characters' angle.

But yeah, if the game is every bit as good as it seems to be right now (despite some 'kiddie' factors in it...which I personally don't mind), it'll be awesome. Wish they port it to PS3 or something. This sort of a game is what the Move needs.

MooCowofJustice
I never expected blood and gore in a Disney game because I'm not dumb, and I doubt it'd make the game any better anyway. I was hoping for the horror type game too, but it really isn't even close. There's some stuff in here that has potential from the little I've played, but I don't think the game is that good.

It's not awful, but I'm not exactly having a blast, and I almost don't feel like there is any reason for me to finish it.

immaturerainbow
This reminds me of Kingdom Hearts, is it ANYTHING like it? O___O

MooCowofJustice
In the sense that it has Disney Characters and a third person perspective.

That's about it.

BloodRain
King Mickey > Epic Mickey.

Anyone finish it and can recommend playing? Initial trailers made it highly tempting, the first reviews got rid of any hype for it.

immaturerainbow
Ahh,
I've still wanted to try it out though. What would you rate the game, all in all?

MooCowofJustice
Well, if you're asking me (I think you are, hah), then I wouldn't really recommend it. It's got a really neat art style and unique story, but it all fell apart for me in the game play. It's a shame, because I think it's a really cool game.

Probably a 2 or 3 out of 5 if I had to give an actual rating.

But if you really want to try it, just rent it from somewhere for a little. If you don't like it then at least you didn't buy it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.