Hometown Advantage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ijustwanttoknow
OK, we have a fair idea of superman's abilities, and the almost uncomprehending reach of these abilities (Super strength, ! though it has fluctuated over time).
I wonder, he draws energy from the sun right.
If he were to fight (anyone, doesn't matter), on the surface of the sun, would he be practically if not most definitely indestructible more so and posses actual infinite strength, due to the fact that he is surrounded by and also at absolute focus point of his energy source.
Could kryptonite even cause a negative effect?

All based on the assumption that he could walk the surface of the sun of course.

Cheers

xJLxKing
Originally posted by ijustwanttoknow
OK, we have a fair idea of superman's abilities, and the almost uncomprehending reach of these abilities (Super strength, ! though it has fluctuated over time).
I wonder, he draws energy from the sun right.
If he were to fight (anyone, doesn't matter), on the surface of the sun, would he be practically if not most definitely indestructible more so and posses actual infinite strength, due to the fact that he is surrounded by and also at absolute focus point of his energy source.
Could kryptonite even cause a negative effect?

All based on the assumption that he could walk the surface of the sun of course.

Cheers Well, Superman will definitely get a huge boost to all his powers when he is exposed to a huge amount of sun light. He won't be indestructible. but his power would rise. In All Star Superman, Superman went to the sun and his strength alone tripled!

Kryptonite would not affect Superman after he gains a certain amount of extra exposure to the sun. In Kingdom Come, Superman was immune to kryptonite just because he was older; older meaning he had more exposure to the sun.

Superman power fluctuates when he is on getting an amp from the sun. It all depends on the author. Some give him strength just enough to win, while other give him a huge boost that is not needed.

From what I remember, he had "sundipped" only onces before. That was in Our World At War. He was on the surface on the same a few times; All Star Superman, and when he fought DS (some argue he wasn't in sun)

ijustwanttoknow
Thanks for clearing that up. Driving me nuts.

Magee
Originally posted by xJLxKing
and when he fought DS (some argue he wasn't in sun) They just got close to the sun, they didn't actually enter it's atmosphere.

Philosophía
Superman close to the surface of the sun:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_SupermanSurfaceSun1.jpghttp://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_SupermanSurfaceSun2.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.