Average celestial vs 50% Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
An average clestial vs galactus when he is at half of his strenght.
And no Exitar or TOAA.

Peterlane
Average Celestial wins

galactusischere
hmm maybe but it kinda blows how an entire race has individuals that are more powerful than Galactus when he is equity and there is only one Galactus..

Galan007
Originally posted by galactusischere
hmm maybe but it kinda blows how an entire race has individuals that are more powerful than Galactus when he is equity and there is only one Galactus.. just because galactus represents a fundamental force of the universe, doesn't mean there can't be more powerful characters out there. anyhow, at FULL power galactus would be hard-pressed to overcome a higher-level celestial. at half power, he gets destroyed. imo.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Galan007
just because galactus represents a fundamental force of the universe, doesn't mean there can't be more powerful characters out there.

anyhow, at FULL power galactus would be hard-pressed to overcome a higher-level celestial. at half power, he gets destroyed. imo.

I thought they were more powerful but why didn't the sleeping celestial destroy the universe itself instead of getting weakend Galactus to do it that is the only reason I think Galactus has a chance..

guy222
Why did Big G fear Tiamut when he awoke 500,000 years later

Galactus and Celestials will be debated always. Whatever choice u take, is cool with me

I am a huge Celestial fan

For the thread, Celestial FTW

Utrigita
Galactus for the win.

Knowsbleed33
Would Ziran be considered an average Celestial?

Utrigita
Imo No.

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
Galactus for the win.

boxing

stick out tongue

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222
boxing

stick out tongue

starwars

stick out tongue

Knowsbleed33
So what the heck is an average Celestial then? The no namers we saw in GotG #16?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
So what the heck is an average Celestial then? The no namers we saw in GotG #16?

Probably the unnamed that Kubik talked about, that is the guy I'm thinking of when people say average Celestial.

Knowsbleed33
Galactus at his average walking around level is probably on par with an average Celestial.

Galan007
Probably the unnamed that Kubik talked about, that is the guy I'm thinking of when people say average Celestial. and kubik has displayed more power on panel then galactus ever has - yet kubik still claimed that a seemingly average celestial's power was FAR greater than his own.

if that truly is the case, galactus wouldn't stand a chance... no matter what his level.

Knowsbleed33
I don't buy anything Kubik said there. The fact remains that immature cubes have far greater showings than Galactus.

nicamarvin

Galan007
so.... kubik lied?

nicamarvin
50% galactus will be in trouble facing a FP Destroyer

Knowsbleed33
so.... kubik lied?

What do you call it?

janus77
Galactus can feed on Celestials, especially their powersource (Hyperspace).

Galactus ftw, imo.

Galan007
him stating something he knew to be true?

Knowsbleed33
And yet it isn't? Either he lied or he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Galan007
ahh, i see.

Slaanesh
Celestial FTW

Utrigita
and kubik has displayed more power on panel then galactus ever has - yet kubik still claimed that a seemingly average celestial's power was FAR greater than his own.

if that truly is the case, galactus wouldn't stand a chance... no matter what his level.

And Kubik also claimed that his own Powerlevels was below Galactus own so...

And that is entirely disregarding Mephistos words on the Cosmic Containment Unit and Doom words on Galactus powerlevel in comparison to a Cosmic Containment unit.

Knowsbleed33
And Kubik also claimed that his own Powerlevels was below Galactus own so...

And that is entirely disregarding Mephistos words on the Cosmic Containment Unit and Doom words on Galactus powerlevel in comparison to a Cosmic Containment unit.

Agreed. Kubiks assessment was clearly off.

Utrigita
Agreed. Kubiks assessment was clearly off.

Ore the writers of the given arc, used a perfect opportunity to amp the entire cosmic Hierarchies powerlevel in one fell swoop. I think that we can agree on that neither of the beings that Kubik refereed to, is likely to go around and warping universes on a daily basis, I also think that we can agree on that the majority of the "high" end abstracts lacks a great portion of feats (Master Order and Lord Chaos to name a few), what better way to amp those beings powerlevel (without having to show them to do damage to a universe they are constantly trying to protect) then having Kubik compare himself as insignificant to them, do you really have?

Knowsbleed33
I chalk it up mostly to Kubik comparing those beings to unrestricted cubes and cube beings. It's not really a fair comparison.

Do you really believe a Celestial or Galactus have the power or ability to stack universes on top of eachother? I sure don't. I think Marvel tried to downplay cubes alot through words because of the IG and what not yet a cubes feats are virtually identical to that of the IG.

Utrigita
I chalk it up mostly to Kubik comparing those beings to unrestricted cubes and cube beings. It's not really a fair comparison.

Do you really believe a Celestial or Galactus have the power or ability to stack universes on top of eachother? I sure don't. I think Marvel tried to downplay cubes alot through words because of the IG and what not yet a cubes feats are virtually identical to that of the IG.

Sorry what? Kubik compared those beings with himself. Mephisto stated that CCU is far above that of the sentient CCU and then Doom stated that the power of Galactus was much greater then that of a CCU.

So you are suggesting that we should pretend that Kubik had no idea what he was talking about when he made the assesment and that he was confused about both his own powerlevel as well as many others? Kubik never lost his feat, it haven't been altered ore downplayed in any way, what happened, from my point of view, was that those beings that can't do what Kubik did, because it wouldn't even be in their character, got a boost.

Knowsbleed33
No, my point is that none of those beings can do it whether they wanted to or not. A Celestial maybe, we've seen them warp reality before.

Eternal Idol
Galactus for the win.

Utrigita
No, my point is that none of those beings can do it whether they wanted to or not. A Celestial maybe, we've seen them warp reality before.

So we are going to in your opinion completely disregard Kubiks words pretending that he didn't know what he was talking about? And we have seen Doom with the power of Galactus warping reality.

leonheartmm
lets all just agree that different writes work on the same source material and that combines with individual writer's own inconcsitant writing to create an unholy power mess that is MARVEL. any1 CUD beat any1.

starlock
Celestial for the win

galactusischere
So I guess this is debatable, pretty much 50-50(I think)

King Kandy
I think Galactus would win. But I see them as peers.

leonidas
just because galactus represents a fundamental force of the universe, doesn't mean there can't be more powerful characters out there. anyhow, at FULL power galactus would be hard-pressed to overcome a higher-level celestial. at half power, he gets destroyed. imo.

thumb up

and i wish kubik never would have taken everyone on that silly cosmic tour . . . sad

Knowsbleed33
So we are going to in your opinion completely disregard Kubiks words pretending that he didn't know what he was talking about? And we have seen Doom with the power of Galactus warping reality.

Yes because we've seen immature cubes do far more than Galactus or Celestials are capable of. Hiding behind the excuse that "we haven't seen them do it because it's no in their character" is lame.

Can you honestly sit here and tell me that you think Galactus or a Celestial can turn someone into a universe or merge several universes together?

Utrigita
Yes because we've seen immature cubes do far more than Galactus or Celestials are capable of. Hiding behind the excuse that "we haven't seen them do it because it's no in their character" is lame.

Can you honestly sit here and tell me that you think Galactus or a Celestial can turn someone into a universe or merge several universes together?

Not exactly hiding behind a excuse but rather pointing out a fact. To ever see Galactus ore the Celestial work actively towards the imminent destruction of any given universe is just stupid.

Take over the role of Eternity? No I don't think that because obviously (imo) Eternity > Celestials and Galactus. Doom believed he more ore less became one with the universe when he got the power of Galactus from Taa II (even though a handbook stats it was only Galactus power at that time not Taa II), and Galactus broke the power of Five Cosmic Cubes using Gamora as a scaple.

Now can you give me a single reason why Kubik was scared when the Celestial was about to judge him, if that Celestial didn't have the power to dispose of Kubik?

Knowsbleed33
First off none of what a cube has done would lead to the imminent destruction of the universe. The Chaos Engine cube was a nascent cube constructed from bits of broken and failed cubes. It wasn't trying to collapse the multiverse, it was simply too inexperienced to know what it was doing.

Thanos became Eternity with a cube so I'm not sure what you're getting at with your second point?

I don't have a good reason to explain away your last point other than the "restriction" argument. I can only guess that Kubik was comparing those cosmics to a restricted cube or cube being. Based on what we've seen a cube do and Mephistos explanation, an unrestricted cube is potentially on par with the IG.

Eternal Idol

We've never seen them do it because it is not in their own interest. That isn't a lame excuse, it's just a fact. Cyclops, Havok, and Iron Man all have the power to level cities but there's no reason for them to. Just as they protect the world, Galactus protects the universe. While there are a few worlds that have to be sacrificed, it is not in his own interest to destroy and recreate the universe.

Galactus has been shown to destroy solar systems with simple gestures when he's pissed. Thanos concluded that his fight with peak Tyrant must have destroyed galaxies. The Ultimate Nullifier, capable of destroying all existence, was described by Galactus as being a part of himself (which makes it a small manifestation of his power).

With that said, I don't think it's too farfetched to believe that Galactus can match and exceed the Cosmic Cubes' feats.

Utrigita
First off none of what a cube has done would lead to the imminent destruction of the universe. The Chaos Engine cube was a nascent cube constructed from bits of broken and failed cubes. It wasn't trying to collapse the multiverse, it was simply too inexperienced to know what it was doing.

Thanos became Eternity with a cube so I'm not sure what you're getting at with your second point?

I don't have a good reason to explain away your last point other than the "restriction" argument. I can only guess that Kubik was comparing those cosmics to a restricted cube or cube being. Based on what we've seen a cube do and Mephistos explanation, an unrestricted cube is potentially on par with the IG.

Kubik was damm close, with Beyonder, same with the Cubes that Magus had.

It have already been mentioned that the cubes varies in power iirc. When Thanos assumed Eternity's role with the CCU I don't recall him fighting him like he did with the IG, so I'm unaware of how he claimed it. Now would a single being with the power of a Celestial ore Galactus be capable of assuming Eternity's role? Celestial couldn't imo, Galactus at Full Power would be Eternity so...

To me Knowsbleed it appears more as you simply doesn't like the idea of them being so powerful but ... *shrug* . Obviously, a unrestricted CCU from my point of view would be a cube with unlimited access to the power of the Beyonders Dimension, and obviously that is a power far above what any in the 616 reality can hope to produce, in regards to mephisto, we are never certain whether he speaks of the Infinity gems in perfect unision ore seperate, where they also have a enormous power. But even if we are talking restricted Cubes the powerlevel that is granted to the Greater Powers is huge.

Eternal Idol
It have already been mentioned that the cubes varies in power iirc. When Thanos assumed Eternity's role with the CCU I don't recall him fighting him like he did with the IG, so I'm unaware of how he claimed it. Now would a single being with the power of a Celestial ore Galactus be capable of assuming Eternity's role? Celestial couldn't imo, Galactus at Full Power would be Eternity so...
Just my own opinion, but I always figured full-potential Galactus as being greater than Eternity and Death. My reasoning being this: the Ultimate Nullifier is a part of Galactus, and thus, a manifestation of his power. That power can destroy all life, time, and space. Without time and space, there is no Eternity. Without life, there is no Death. It's not in his own interest to do something like that, but it would be an example of an extreme attempt at balance.

Again, just my own thoughts on the matter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.