Blackbolt vs Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Battle of the Kings

bloodlust is on

who wins?

naruto2424
BB

occultdestroyer
BB's matter manip is too much for Vulcan, let alone his screams

guy222
they may fight soon

Sin I AM
that's what i was hearing, that's y i made the thread now...i think its a stalemate

guy222
love black bolt

i'd like to see vulcan pull off the upset

he needs a good showing

Sin I AM
it'd b an awesome showing, even if he did lose compared to the loss to Kallark

guy222
so true

Peterlane
Who will rule? evil face

Knowsbleed33
Black Bolt. He already beat Vulcan.

Peterlane
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Black Bolt. He already beat Vulcan.

Hmm they are equals. If Vulcan didn't taunt BB he would hav ewon.

janus77
Vulcan, looked like he was pretty much about to kill BlackBolt.
BlackBolt's big weapon isn't that much use against Vulcan, but Vulcan seems capable of physically beating the crap out of BB :. Vulcan ftw..

Peterlane
Yeh Vulcan is crazy strong

jalek moye
Originally posted by janus77
BlackBolt's big weapon isn't that much use against Vulcan, but Vulcan seems capable of physically beating the crap out of BB :. Vulcan ftw..
well he was holding back it seemed to keep the energy level low. and after that point he just took much of a beating.

It can go either way

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by janus77

BB was holding back the whole time. He didn't want to damage the T-bomb device.

BB wins this. He beat Vulcan in that very story.

Peterlane
BB was holding back the whole time. He didn't want to damage the T-bomb device.

BB wins this. He beat Vulcan in that very story.

I see you keep ignoring my posts.

Survivor19
What either way? Seriously?
BB just screams couple of times, and lights off for Vulcan.

Peterlane
Originally posted by Survivor19
What either way? Seriously?
BB just screams couple of times, and lights off for Vulcan.

And Vulcan just reforms himself.

Survivor19
Like THAT will help him.
See, there are 2 facts.
1) Vulcan lacks the ability to put BB down before BB has chance to scream
2) Vulcan can't tank the scream
3) After Gabriel is nice and crispy, Boltagon just dances on his reforming body until the victory goes to him

jalek moye
Yea I think if he keeps screaming he could just get to the point where the body can't reform. Seing as it wasn't even fully rformed when Vulcan attacked again

Peterlane
Originally posted by jalek moye
Yea I think if he keeps screaming he could just get to the point where the body can't reform. Seing as it wasn't even fully rformed when Vulcan attacked again

Yeh and was still beating BB down. Vulcan is Omega Level. Happy Dance

Raptor22
what does him being omega level have to do with anything?

bbrem123
i dont think BB was ready for a crispy Vulcan to attack him like that

Wild Shadow
BB ftw... i just dont see vulcan tanking the scream a "real" scream or consecutive screams, he could also be severely damaged from BB blunt force damage from indication of gladiator... BB could actually catch him off guard and weaken for a physical blow and ko him or kill him..

Badabing
I got the impression BB was holding back the entire fight.

jalek moye
Originally posted by bbrem123
i dont think BB was ready for a crispy Vulcan to attack him like that
I dont think anybody would be ready for that

Peterlane
I dont think anybody would be ready for that

Do you think its because he was irked out by how gros it was sick

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Badabing
I got the impression BB was holding back the entire fight.

QFT. An unleashed BB would most likely wreck Vulcan seeing as how one who was holding back beat him.

Survivor19
Well... he beat Vulcan only when he stopped holding back...

Knowsbleed33
All he did was yell at him.

Slaanesh
BB will beat him..he was ****ed up by one scream..a couple of that scream will kill Vulcan..

janus77
I don't think repeated screaming will work. Vulcan's feat wasn't a durability thing, it was the fact that he can reform from energy. BB can't affect him on that level, thus there's no reason to suppose that Vulcan cannot just keep coming back (whilst all the time physically pummelling on BB - something that was clearly having a big effect).

also, Vulcan was the one who was attempting to prevent the I-Bomb going off, having begun the scene by reducing the stored energy in the device (his whole "...but I'm an omegal level, I can **** with these energies" thing ...)

I don't know if BB was "holding back" so much as just not being too smart, and underestimating his foe. doubtless he could have screamed earlier, but he did scream full-force in the face, with no lasting result (couldn't even put Vulcan down for a couple of panels).

maybe he could have made more of a physical fight? dunno... seemed to be a rollockin' fight as it was, just a little more even than BB would have liked.

Knowsbleed33
He was holding back. It was obvious.

Eternal Idol
Blackbolt would kick the shit out of Vulcan in a situation free of all plot-devices.

Peterlane
QFT. An unleashed BB would most likely wreck Vulcan seeing as how one who was holding back beat him.

In every fight BB has ever had he "holds" back. His scream is hit trump card. I could very well say Vulcan was holding back because he didn't just turn of BB powers.

Peterlane
He was holding back. It was obvious.

Yeh Vulcan is trying to stop his plan from working, the plan he sacrificed his life for, and he wastes time and holds back.....I dont think so. He was struggling the whole fight, even when he screamed Vulcan came back and beat his ass. Vulcan was the one holding back, he could have just turned of BB's powers or ****ed with his brain, Vulcan could have ended this with a touch.

PIS and CIS were huge parts in this fight for both characters, but it was an awesome fight.

Knowsbleed33
Not using his voice doesn't mean he's holding back.

Survivor19
He didn't exhibited anything like that since Deadly Genesis...

Lord Feron
I have to believe BB was holding back. I mean Vulcan sensed it, if you read what he was saying.

Also when he did use the voice it was only at close range, again maybe another reaason to believe that he did not want to dmg the bomb. I mean if yelled from across the room the bomb would have been detonated.

I'm very impressed that Vulcan was able to seriously **** up BB with his punches. Even though BB was taking it he was getting owned.

If they fought on the battle field I would assume that the out come would be significantly different.

Also still amazed that crispy vulcan was able to pop up and choke BB like that.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Lord Feron

I'm very impressed that Vulcan was able to seriously **** up BB with his punches. Even though BB was taking it he was getting owned.

well I assume he wasn't amping himself so it's not surprising that he could mess up a base form blackbolt

Peterlane
Originally posted by Survivor19
He didn't exhibited anything like that since Deadly Genesis...

BB didnt exibit his shout since.....ever.

Peterlane
well I assume he wasn't amping himself so it's not surprising that he could mess up a base form blackbolt

Both fighters amped them selfs up physically. Its pretty obvious. If BB didn't amp himself but Vulcan did, he would have died with the first punch.

leonidas
i'm just glad we've finally seen the vaunted 'scream', even if it left me feeling like it wasn't really worth the wait. and if by 'holding back' you mean he didn't scream right from the start, that's ridiculous. bb NEVER screams. ever. he was in no other way that i could see holding back. vulcan also wasn't able to use enough power to destroy the ship--he thought it was a bomb too. bb immediately used his electron manip (which IS his traditional weapon of choice, and one that has owned people like the hulk, easily) but it was useless against vulcan. vulcan was clearly much stronger than bb, another very impressive feat. you think bb just . . . LET vulcan pound his face to mush? c'mon now. the ONLY thing he held back was his scream, and even THAT (one of the most feared attacks in marvel) opened up right in vulcan's face, didn't end vulcan. i don't get where people are saying it was clear he 'held back' at all, nor, after all the talk and speculation, i was all that impressed with 'the scream'. too much hype maybe . . . erm

Peterlane
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm just glad we've finally seen the vaunted 'scream', even if it left me feeling like it wasn't really worth the wait. and if by 'holding back' you mean he didn't scream right from the start, that's ridiculous. bb NEVER screams. ever. he was in no other way that i could see holding back. vulcan also wasn't able to use enough power to destroy the ship--he thought it was a bomb too. bb immediately used his electron manip (which IS his traditional weapon of choice, and one that has owned people like the hulk, easily) but it was useless against vulcan. vulcan was clearly much stronger than bb, another very impressive feat. you think bb just . . . LET vulcan pound his face to mush? c'mon now. the ONLY thing he held back was his scream, and even THAT (one of the most feared attacks in marvel) opened up right in vulcan's face, didn't end vulcan. i don't get where people are saying it was clear he 'held back' at all, nor, after all the talk and speculation, i was all that impressed with 'the scream'. too much hype maybe . . . erm

Finally someone with sense. BB has never used his scream so when he pummels Hulk, Sentry and other characters he mostly uses his energy manipulationa, and a little whisper here and there.
Vulcan takes this. He can take the strongest BB can dish out, and come back as a living crisp and still beat the hell out of him. BB need to scream to put him down for a couple of panels lol

AlmightyKfish
BB's easiest way of winning this fight would be to fight physically.

That's Vulcan's foil, I mean, Gladiator put him down physically, Vulcan didn't have a defence when Warlock stopped using magic and just punched him in the face, etc...

Peterlane
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
BB's easiest way of winning this fight would be to fight physically.

That's Vulcan's foil, I mean, Gladiator put him down physically, Vulcan didn't have a defence when Warlock stopped using magic and just punched him in the face, etc...

You act like Adam Warlock isn't superhumanly strong or anything. Gladiator is stronger than 99% of people in the Marvel Universe bar omnipotents.
Vulcan beat BB down physically while both were amped

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Peterlane
You act like Adam Warlock isn't superhumanly strong or anything. Gladiator is stronger than 99% of people in the Marvel Universe bar omnipotents.
Vulcan beat BB down physically while both were amped

I know both of them are superhumanely strong, my point is Vulcan isn't.

And Vulcan didnt't beat BB purely physically, there was energy flying everywhere dfuring their fight...

Peterlane
I know both of them are superhumanely strong, my point is Vulcan isn't.

And Vulcan didnt't beat BB purely physically, there was energy flying everywhere dfuring their fight...

Read the fight again on their respective respect threads. Vulcan amped himseld and beat BB physically. It was a combo of both on both sides.

leonidas
i agree that vulcan seemed to be the stronger of the 2, but i could see why bb would have thought the physical approach would have served him well. the hulk has never come close to doing to bb physically what vulcan did though. obviously he was amping his strength with energy, but still, that was an inpressive physical display.

as for the fight--i think bb would actually win a forum match. gabe was ko'd long enough to give bb a win. i suppose bb could just keep screaming, but i don't know to what extent vulcan could keep returning. it also seems really uinlikely that bb would simply stand there and just keep screaming again and again . . .

Peterlane
For a guy who was trained thorouglt not to make a sound, not even in his sleep he definately cant scream indefinately. How long can you scream before you lose your voice, or your throat gets sore? If Vulcan durvived the second scream, then he can keep comin back till BB loses his voice.

janus77
I don't see BB's scream as a viable tactic against Vulcan really.
continuous use would only lead to the rapid fatigue of BB and a quicker victory for Vulcan.

as I said previously, Vulcan wasn't showing his durability or even a "healing factor" in taking the scream, he was showing that he is a master of his own energies... enough so that he can reform from it, almost instantly.

whatever pain Vulcan suffers as a result of BB's scream, will diminish as it continues (as you can always adjust to levels of pain), but NO actual damage will be done (as Vulcan's body is just energy).

of course, I'm just commenting on the basis of this fight but, Vulcan did explain the deal to BB.

Lord Feron
I don't think Vulcan can withstand 2 consecutive screams. I mean look at what one did. There was barely anything left, still pretty strong for a skinny ******* but still another one would be fatal.

Peterlane
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I don't think Vulcan can withstand 2 consecutive screams. I mean look at what one did. There was barely anything left, still pretty strong for a skinny ******* but still another one would be fatal.

I guess we will see next month

Original Smurph
i'm just glad we've finally seen the vaunted 'scream', even if it left me feeling like it wasn't really worth the wait. and if by 'holding back' you mean he didn't scream right from the start, that's ridiculous. bb NEVER screams. ever. he was in no other way that i could see holding back. vulcan also wasn't able to use enough power to destroy the ship--he thought it was a bomb too. bb immediately used his electron manip (which IS his traditional weapon of choice, and one that has owned people like the hulk, easily) but it was useless against vulcan. vulcan was clearly much stronger than bb, another very impressive feat. you think bb just . . . LET vulcan pound his face to mush? c'mon now. the ONLY thing he held back was his scream, and even THAT (one of the most feared attacks in marvel) opened up right in vulcan's face, didn't end vulcan. i don't get where people are saying it was clear he 'held back' at all, nor, after all the talk and speculation, i was all that impressed with 'the scream'. too much hype maybe . . . erm The only sense in which Black Bolt really appeared to hold back was that BB was trying to leave after he had shouted in Vulcan's face.

If the circumstances hadn't interrupted, perhaps BB would have taken the time, while Vulcan was out of commision, to use his electron abilities to scatter Vulcan's atoms to the cosmos, or transmute him, or something similar.

As for strength, I don't think it was clear at all that Vulcan was actually stronger. I think he got better hits in in this fight, but I think it was unclear whether Black Bolt's energy strikes and punches were actually inferior, or whether he simply connected with less of them. Black Bolt WAS superior in the beginning of the fight, but Vulcan got the upper hand once he began his spiel about the bomb-ship.

As for the shout being unimpressive, I completely disagree. Vulcan had shrugged off every energy attack thus far, and was basically laughing off Black Bolt's considerably formidable electron manipulation powers. Vulcan was also taking punches that we've seen rock people like Gladiator and Hulk.

In the single shout, Black Bolt released enough energy to overwhelm Vulcan and fry him to a crisp. Considering he overwhelmed an omega-level energy manipulator, and basically the antithesis to Black Bolt's powers, I think it's a very impressive feat.

I think in a forum fight, Black Bolt could hit him with a similar shout, or perhaps something even stronger, and KO Vulcan right away. Even if that wasn't a technical win, Black Bolt could then scatter his atoms, and keep them that way to stop him from reforming.

Anyways, seeing Black Bolt's shout was able to completely decimate an omega level energy manipulator, I think it was a decent showing. Perhaps not everything we had hoped for, but I consider any faults to simply be a very high showing for Vulcan- surely if he could laugh off Black Bolt's other electron manipulations, he could have taken some of the brunt of this blast?

Peterlane
^^^The thing is Vulcan came back and strangled him

leonidas
Originally posted by Original Smurph
As for the shout being unimpressive, I completely disagree. Vulcan had shrugged off every energy attack thus far, and was basically laughing off Black Bolt's considerably formidable electron manipulation powers. Vulcan was also taking punches that we've seen rock people like Gladiator and Hulk.

In the single shout, Black Bolt released enough energy to overwhelm Vulcan and fry him to a crisp. Considering he overwhelmed an omega-level energy manipulator, and basically the antithesis to Black Bolt's powers, I think it's a very impressive feat.

meh. havoc overwhelmed him as well. so did the eldest. erm

over the years we've sort of been led to believe it was this . . . massive attack. it didn't even disintegrate vulcan. like i said, i would have found the attack far more impressive were it not for all the hype (i remember the celestials supposedly taking note of it, etc . . .) that has surrounded it for so long.

i also think it was reasonably clear that vulcan was physically dominant in that fight.

Original Smurph
Havok had sundipped to reach levels of power that we've never seen from him before or since, I believe. I don't actually know the other instance that you're talking about.

Those feats that gave the voice hype still exist, including the abstract taking notice when he was about to scream. This one feat would just be a low showing, if you feel it's a let down- it's not like Black Bolt's voice doesn't have other low showings. One feat of a shout doesn't define the level of power that his voice emits at max, when we have so many other feats at varying levels. IMO, anyways.

It seemed to me that Vulcan was portrayed much more powerfully recently, and perhaps throughout these latest arcs, than he had been previously. I guess it seems to me that he's starting to realize his Omega potential.

If Vulcan goes on to become a ridiculously powerful energy manipulator, then this wouldn't actually be a low feat. It just seems speculatory to me to label Black Bolt's shout as anything until we see either more feats of it, or more feats of Vulcan.

Either way though, everybody has low feats, so meh. It is what it is.

Galan007
over the years we've sort of been led to believe it was this . . . massive attack. it didn't even disintegrate vulcan. nor did the initial 'shout' disintegrate their surroundings. holding back, perhaps?

AlmightyKfish
A lot of the shout would have been absorbed by the T-bomb device wouldn't it? Then expelled as the explosion whem the bomb blew...

Endless Mike
A lot of the shout would have been absorbed by the T-bomb device wouldn't it? Then expelled as the explosion whem the bomb blew...

Correct. IIRC it was only at 39% before Black Bolt charged it up with his scream. Meaning that a good 61% of that explosion came from Black Bolt's scream

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Galan007
nor did the initial 'shout' disintegrate their surroundings. holding back, perhaps? Or maybe just focused at Vulcan.... never been clear if he can do that.

Or, apparently, absorbed by the bomb.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/?action=view&current=bb7.jpg

Bottom right, bomb says it's absorbed an overload of energy. "Integrity compromised".

Galan007
Or maybe just focused at Vulcan.... never been clear if he can do that. in "illuminati" #2, reed had to build a device which focused BB's voice to a central point, in order to tear through the fabric of reality. i don't see why that device would have been needed if BB were already capable of doing so on his own...?

the bomb thing is a much better solution, though... i missed that the first time around. thumb up

Lord Feron
Or maybe just focused at Vulcan.... never been clear if he can do that.

Or, apparently, absorbed by the bomb.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/?action=view&current=bb7.jpg

Bottom right, bomb says it's absorbed an overload of energy. "Integrity compromised".

Good catch

Original Smurph
in "illuminati" #2, reed had to build a device which focused BB's voice to a central point, in order to tear through the fabric of reality. i don't see why that device would have been needed if BB were already capable of doing so on his own...?
True. Plus, he's had to speak with his face against his target (be it a person's ear or the ground or something else) in the past to ensure that nothing else was affected).

ExodusCloak
in "illuminati" #2, reed had to build a device which focused BB's voice to a central point, in order to tear through the fabric of reality. i don't see why that device would have been needed if BB were already capable of doing so on his own...?

the bomb thing is a much better solution, though... i missed that the first time around. thumb up

Blackbolt has focused his voice before. Against Apocalypse in X-Factor it was a narrow beam rather then a wave that way he didn't harm the X-Men standing near him. Same goes for when Magneto had him under some sort of control and Blackbolt "spoke" with Mags standing right next to him. The machine that Reed built was an amplifier.

The bomb thing makes sense...although would it make a difference since the bomb went off anyway at the end of the issue.

leonidas
Havok had sundipped to reach levels of power that we've never seen from him before or since, I believe. I don't actually know the other instance that you're talking about.

Those feats that gave the voice hype still exist, including the abstract taking notice when he was about to scream. This one feat would just be a low showing, if you feel it's a let down- it's not like Black Bolt's voice doesn't have other low showings. One feat of a shout doesn't define the level of power that his voice emits at max, when we have so many other feats at varying levels. IMO, anyways.

It seemed to me that Vulcan was portrayed much more powerfully recently, and perhaps throughout these latest arcs, than he had been previously. I guess it seems to me that he's starting to realize his Omega potential.

If Vulcan goes on to become a ridiculously powerful energy manipulator, then this wouldn't actually be a low feat. It just seems speculatory to me to label Black Bolt's shout as anything until we see either more feats of it, or more feats of Vulcan.

Either way though, everybody has low feats, so meh. It is what it is.

you could be right. in retrospect it may seem stronger if vulcan is proven to be as powerful as he's been being portrayed. i agree that he's been shown to be stronger recently, which is nice actually.

it's possible i guess that the bomb absorbed some of it, but vulcan was right in his face--it would have struck vulcan before the bomb had the chance to absorb and lessen its impact on vulcan anyway.

i don't think i've ever really seen bb outright scream before (not counting the x-men/apoc battle which was a very weak and strange showing) but i remembered the celestial and the abstract thing, and again, it's the hype. still a formidable attack? of course. but when something is built up and hyped up (even in the forum) as much as the scream tends to be, well . . . it's tough for it to live up to i guess.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Blackbolt has focused his voice before. Against Apocalypse in X-Factor it was a narrow beam rather then a wave that way he didn't harm the X-Men standing near him. Same goes for when Magneto had him under some sort of control and Blackbolt "spoke" with Mags standing right next to him. The machine that Reed built was an amplifier.

The bomb thing makes sense...although would it make a difference since the bomb went off anyway at the end of the issue. A difference as to whether the bomb went off? No. However, if the bomb absorbs energy from his voice, it could explain why the environment wasn't destroyed, and possibly why Vulcan wasn't ash. srug

Original Smurph
but when something is built up and hyped up (even in the forum) as much as the scream tends to be, well . . . it's tough for it to live up to i guess. thumb up

ExodusCloak
A difference as to whether the bomb went off? No. However, if the bomb absorbs energy from his voice, it could explain why the environment wasn't destroyed, and possibly why Vulcan wasn't ash. srug

stick out tongue That's true, I just meant that I'm willing to put money that both Blackbolt and Vulcan survived that explosion. So whether or not they're ash would be kind of moot. The massive black hole was a nice touch though at least failure of character Rachel Grey won't be able to make it home.

bbrem123
if that was a full scream that hit vulcan then im thinking alot of people can take a hit from it

WhiteWitchKing
if that was a full scream that hit vulcan then im thinking alot of people can take a hit from it

Ah, no. This is Vulcan were talking about, not alot of people would survive that at all. The same current Vulcan was taking power away from Adam Warlock, who one GOTG issue back transmuted an entire planet. Look back at SI: Inhuman where BB's whisper obliterated a skrull leaving only the guy's legs.

jalek moye
No he didn't do a full scream untill the very end which is right when before the bomb went off. His voice is what caused tear in reality, the bomb wasn't supposed to do that otherwise that woould mess the plan because it would tear the shiar world apart sintead of mutating them with the mist

Peterlane
No he didn't do a full scream untill the very end which is right when before the bomb went off. His voice is what caused tear in reality, the bomb wasn't supposed to do that otherwise that woould mess the plan because it would tear the shiar world apart sintead of mutating them with the mist

The Guardians warned him that the bomb would tear a hole in reality.

jalek moye
The Guardians warned him that the bomb would tear a hole in reality.
his voice was stated to be able to aswell in an different issue

and wasn't it not supposed to though? i mean even Maximus is surprised

Peterlane
his voice was stated to be able to aswell in an different issue

and wasn't it not supposed to though? i mean even Maximus is surprised

So Maximus in infallible? He could have mis-calculated
Still Blackbolts voice powered a good 61% of the bomb, since it was at 39% before it exploded. So in a sense BB voice caused it. It would be an even greater feat if Vulcan survived

Knowsbleed33
Black Bolts voice isn't what he's all about. I wish people would realize that. The yell he shot at Vulcan was no where near a full scream. Me thinks Vulcan would've been vaporized had it been.

Peterlane
Black Bolts voice isn't what he's all about. I wish people would realize that. The yell he shot at Vulcan was no where near a full scream. Me thinks Vulcan would've been vaporized had it been.

So in desperation that Vulcan is about to kill him and end his plans for peace, for which he sacrificed his life, BB yells a half hearted scream

Mindset
Yes

jalek moye
I know

But don't you think they implied that he finally fully screamed at the very end

Knowsbleed33
So in desperation that Vulcan is about to kill him and end his plans for peace, for which he sacrificed his life, BB yells a half hearted scream

You honestly think BB is going to unleash a 'tearing of the fabric of space and time' scream just to take out Vulcan?

Peterlane
You honestly think BB is going to unleash a 'tearing of the fabric of space and time' scream just to take out Vulcan?

To save his life and continue his plans for peace.....YES absolutely

Knowsbleed33
Well, he didn't. Obviously.

Peterlane

Well he obviously did.

thebeast
Hmm if the scream can't put down Vulcan down for long then BB loses.

Mindset
It can.

Knowsbleed33
BB already beat Vulcan with the scream. If he unleashed a full scream Vulcan would have his atoms scattered across the cosmos.

Peterlane
Originally posted by Mindset
It can.

We'll wait and see in 1 month

jalek moye
didn't he do it anyway at the end.

Peterlane

If Vulcan survives this dude will say he didn't

Mindset
We'll wait and see in 1 month We don't need to.

Peterlane
Originally posted by Mindset
We don't need to.

And why is that? The epilogue is out it a month. I'll be sure to rub it in your face if Vulcan survives and vice versa laughing

thebeast
He could just reform... possibly. All depends.

Mindset
It hardly matters if he is alive or dead.

BB doesn't need to kill him to get a win here.

Knowsbleed33
If Vulcan survives this dude will say he didn't

Don't you understand the scream already beat Vulcan? He was laying there with barely anything left. one eye missing and everything. The fact that he was given a few moments to lay there and regenerate mean nothing. He was already beaten.

jalek moye
Don't you understand the scream already beat Vulcan? He was laying there with barely anything left. one eye missing and everything. The fact that he was given a few moments to lay there and regenerate mean nothing. He was already beaten.

that wasn't a real scream either

Peterlane

Thats why he jumped on BB stopped him from escaping, pummeled him some more then chooked him....

Peterlane
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb6.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb7.jpg

Look at his eyes. You really think he did it half heartedly. i see a huge vein in his neck too

Knowsbleed33

Possibly. They kind of leave it open. The computer keeps saying "Overload" suggesting that the bomb went off. But we also see in the last panel that it looks like Black Bolts about to say something again.

We'll find out next month whether he screamed or the bomb went off.

thebeast
He did a full scream the writer at the time just didn't know how to do it I guess.

Knowsbleed33
Thats why he jumped on BB stopped him from escaping, pummeled him some more then chooked him....

He was given a full 2 pages to renegerate enough to sneak up on BB from behind.

He was already beaten. That was a desperation move by Vulcan.

Peterlane
He was given a full 2 pages to renegerate enough to sneak up on BB from behind.

He was already beaten. That was a desperation move by Vulcan.

And it was a desperation move from BB to scream. He was getting pummeled and strangled by walking, living BACON

Knowsbleed33
You refuse to accept Vulcan had already lost?

Peterlane
You refuse to accept Vulcan had already lost?

It was a tie.

WhiteWitchKing
It was a tie.

Only because Crystal intervened and Vulcan got off the surprise attack. Take that away and Vulcan gets incinerated again trying to attack Black Bolt. And by that point Vulcan won't have a body to regenerate from.

Peterlane
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Only because Crystal intervened and Vulcan got off the surprise attack. Take that away and Vulcan gets incinerated again trying to attack Black Bolt. And by that point Vulcan won't have a body to regenerate from.

We will see in a months time if I am right or you're right. Vulcan said he can just rebuild himself.

bbrem123
didnt black bolt waste energy on the T-bomb before they fought?

Peterlane
didnt black bolt waste energy earlier on the T-bomb?

He manipulates energy, he didn't waste anything. I could say Vulcan wasted energy flying to BB

Knowsbleed33
It was a tie.

You mean Vulcan, being nothing more than a piece of bacon as you put it, and Black Bolt still able to function normally is a tie?

bbrem123
so wait how was the first 39% powered?

bbrem123
You mean Vulcan, being nothing more than a piece of bacon as you put it, and Black Bolt still able to function normally is a tie?

i wonder if vulcan could even do anything to him at that time...all he did was jump on him

Peterlane
i wonder if vulcan could even do anything to him at that time...all he did was jump on him

And pummel him and choke the shit out of him.

Knowsbleed33
Oh, I get it now. You still don't think the fight was over? Vulcan just continued where the left off?

Hmmm.

bbrem123
they cover of 'war of kings' who will rule has both of them on the cover

maybe neither died?

thebeast
They're both probably KOed. Vulcan from BB and BB from the bomb. BB wins this anyway, Vulcan hasn't used his abilities like he did in a while sadly.

Peterlane
they cover of 'war of kings' who will rule has both of them on the cover

maybe neither died?

They probably fused or sum shit. Black Vulcan. Happy Dance

id369
Vulcan eventually outlast Black Bolt. Black Bolt, seems to carry more punch behind his set of attacks. However that's not to say, Vulcan is weak, or is not heavy handed in his own attacks. Black Bolt would receive critical damage, even if he out muscles Vulcan. And eventually Vulcan will reform and outlast Black Bolt.

leonidas
that ability to reform was pretty frickin uber . . .

i wonder if thet had a rematch, if vulcan could prevent bb from using his scream. obviously it didn't happen, but it certainly seems to be something that would jibe with his powerset.

The Nuul
I will have to wait and see until after this story line in order for Vulcan to be top Tier or even close to it IMO.

For now, BB wins.

id369
that ability to reform was pretty frickin uber . . .

i wonder if thet had a rematch, if vulcan could prevent bb from using his scream. obviously it didn't happen, but it certainly seems to be something that would jibe with his powerset.

I think Vulcan was neutralizing or at least shielding from Black Bolts attack. I think the only reason, why Vulcan cant bend Black Bolts energy, is inexperience or Black Bolt commands to much of it for Vulcan to usurp.

Anyhow good match. Vary reminiscent to Stardust vs Beta Ray Bill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.