Wolverine vs. Freddy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Parmaniac
Contenders

Scenario: Wolverine falls asleep and Freddy gets into his head/dream.

Rules
Time: Night
Prep Time: -
Time Limit: -
No back holding (fighting at 100%): On (both)
Bloodlust (willing to kill): On (both)
Beserk (only running forward for the kill): Off (both)
BFR: Off (both)
PIS: Off (both)
CIS: Off (both)

Special Rules: -

Note: The reason why I'm doing this is I remeber reading this matchup 1 or 2 years ago somewhere else and I personally couldn't believe that anyone was going with Wolverine in this. In my opinion this matchup is spite but I'm still doing this to get others opinions on this, so please don't report this for beeing spite.

Battlehammer
dont see why this is a spite, it all about ones will, wolverine not some child, he also not jason who has a weakness to uses against him (though it bullshit weakness jason lives in a water why would it scare him). His will is reidculous and he can uses it to his advantage, plus unlike children even if his body is effected in the real world it don't matter much to him, he has a healing factor.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Battlehammer
dont see why this is a spite, it all about ones will, wolverine not some child, he also not jason who has a weakness to uses against him (though it bullshit weakness jason lives in a water why would it scare him). His will is reidculous and he can uses it to his advantage, plus unlike children even if his body is effected in the real world it don't matter much to him, he has a healing factor.

first the fact that Freddy loses to Teenagers is more something like PIS because he's the bad guy and in 99% of all horromovies the bad guy loses in the end.

second it was schown more than once that what Freddy does to is victims in the dreamworld affects the real world aswell

third by feats Freddy is near godlike in the dreaworld (I post them later I'll have to go for now)

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Parmaniac
first the fact that Freddy loses to Teenagers is more something like PIS because he's the bad guy and in 99% of all horromovies the bad guy loses in the end.

It not pis, it cis. and it part of his character to be an idiot and crazy.

second it was schown more than once that what Freddy does to is victims in the dreamworld affects the real world aswell

which wont matter to some one who can heal all the damage.

third by feats Freddy is near godlike in the dreaworld (I post them later I'll have to go for now)

People cna uses thoses same powers against him and wolverine not a scared child, he be giving as good as he got if not matter, and what happens when wolverien takes freddy to the real world?

Lord Feron
IDK what special deal is in the dream world but in a straight v1 fight Logan shreds his ass.

AlmightyKfish
If Logan can use his willpower and put up a fight like Jason did, then this fight is quite close. Jason was only stopped b/c of the water leak...

Kazenji

Was'nt that case with Nightmare on elm street 1 he ended up getting them all in the end.

Placidity
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
If Logan can use his willpower and put up a fight like Jason did, then this fight is quite close. Jason was only stopped b/c of the water leak...

True, but there really wasn't any way Jason could've won anyway. He would've eventually lost.

Same thing applies to what Battle said. He raises a good point with the Healing Factor, Wolverine could keep going, but theres no way he can win.

gobstakid777
yea dude.This is coming from a person whose brother is a huge horror fan and thus i have seen all 8 kreuger films.even with powerful willpower as the 3rd movie showed,lucid dreaming ain''t gonna do shit and as badass as logan is,he's afraid of something and one of freddy's powers is to know what it is. now fred has omnipotent control over the dream world so if he knew logan had the admantium skeleton and healing factor he would in fact be able to cancel it out and since the wounds are psychosomatic...

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
Was'nt that case with Nightmare on elm street 1 he ended up getting them all in the end.

Nancy survived the 1st one

Parmaniac

which wont matter to some one who can heal all the damage.

People cna uses thoses same powers against him and wolverine not a scared child, he be giving as good as he got if not matter, and what happens when wolverien takes freddy to the real world?

to the first: What would happen if he throws Wolverine in an ocean of acid? His wounds would be the same in the real world means nothing left of any cells to heal from

second: he was more playing with them as you can see with the wizard who's shooting his Lightnings whatever at him and he just grabs him und stabbs him or with the strong guy when Freddy absolutely easily overpowered him. The thing with the real world is out of discussion I'm only reffering to the dreamworld (as stated) I 100% agree with you that in real world Wolverine would totally destroy Krueger but in dreamworld he's absolutely chanceless

Parmaniac
Originally posted by steverules_2
Nancy survived the 1st one

yep for an (tu us) unknown reason but he still got her in the end. And I think the reason why she "survived" is they wanted to make a sequel If they only made 1 part I think you would agree with me that Nancy died in part 1 (wich not happend cause of the sequel)

EDIT: I'm doing the ferat list right now

gobstakid777
yep for an (tu us) unknown reason but he still got her in the end. And I think the reason why she "survived" is they wanted to make a sequel If they only made 1 part I think you would agree with me that Nancy died in part 1 (wich not happend cause of the sequel)

EDIT: I'm doing the ferat list right now
Yeah Fred killed in nancy dream warriors so yeah

Parmaniac
Freddy feats Part 6

Realitywarping/Telekinsis: A House falls from the sky
Teleportation of his victim to the reality: he pushes john with a bus through a realitygate into the real world
Flying: Feddy flys in form of a witch
Shapeshifting: Turns into carlos mother
Mega sonic: Freddy let's carlos head explode (via sonic/noise)
Realitywarping: Freddy pulls spencer through a window in a video game
Powerglove (while Spencer is in the video game): He controlls Spencers actions in the real world
Pyrokinesis: Freddys sets John bed on fire (without touching it of course)
Teleportation / Speed (whatever you want): Freddy cuts John Parachute in the air and while Johns falling Freddys got enough time to push a nailbed (or something like this) under John that he fells onto it
Shapeshifting: Turns into Tracys father

then Tracy says: It's my dream I do what I want
Freddy replies: It's your dream but my rules (free transleated from german to english)

Bodycontrol: Freddy let's his wrist (the one with the glove) rotate extremly fast
Voicemimicry: mimicrys Tracys voice
Durability: Freddy gets beaten down by Doc with a baseball bat with no effect

after that Freddy tells Doc how often they tried to kill him:
burning
buried alive
holy water (all in the dreamworld)
while counting these things he cuts one of his fingers off for each point and when he's finished they instantly grew back (Healingfactor)

and later after he got pulled into the real world he said that he totally forgot how pain feels

EDIT: really man to think wolverine can beat someone with this power is just plain ridiculous

Master Court
he also not jason who has a weakness to uses against him (though it bullshit weakness jason lives in a water why would it scare him).

Thing is, it was a nightmare. I've had nightmares about drowning, but I'm a very good swimmer. You don't have to be afraid of something to have a nightmare about it. Nightmares scare you because you scare yourself. I think that's why people can will past Freddy's powers; because he's not actually doing it. He's just manipulating your dreams. Nightmares are suppose to scare you, biologically and everything.

Anywho. Jason doesn't have an HF, he's just plain immortal. So for Wolverine, a guy who has a mad HF, this fight is plain simple. Even if Wolverine gets scared, which is possible considering his past, mental instability, and animalistic nature, there's just no way Freddy could ever put him down. Especially when you consider he couldn't even put down Jason. Granted, Freddy's immortal... in the dreams.

So either Wolverine catches Freddy and wakes up to dice him for the win, or Wolverine simply lasts until he wakes up in the morning for a stalemate.

Master Court
Freddy feats Part 6

Teleportation of his victim to the reality: he pushes john with a bus through a realitygate into the real world
Powerglove (while Spencer is in the video game): He controlls Spencers actions in the real world
Teleportation / Speed (whatever you want): Freddy cuts John Parachute in the air and while Johns falling Freddys got enough time to push a nailbed (or something like this) under John that he fells onto it

Freddy replies: It's your dream but my rules (free transleated from german to english)

Bodycontrol: Freddy let's his wrist (the one with the glove) rotate extremly fast

burning
buried alive
while counting these things he cuts one of his fingers off for each point and when he's finished they instantly grew back (Healingfactor)

and later after he got pulled into the real world he said that he totally forgot how pain feels

EDIT: really man to think wolverine can beat someone with this power is just plain ridiculous

No, dude. He doesn't have all these "powers". He has one power. Dream warping.

And no HF, either. He doesn't "heal" or anything, he simply manifests new parts.

Not to mention that in the real world he can't do sh*t. Except in FvJ he seems to know Kung Fu. And has a measure of immortality; what with that winking head thing and all.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Master Court
Thing is, it was a nightmare. I've had nightmares about drowning, but I'm a very good swimmer. You don't have to be afraid of something to have a nightmare about it. Nightmares scare you because you scare yourself. I think that's why people can will past Freddy's powers; because he's not actually doing it. He's just manipulating your dreams. Nightmares are suppose to scare you, biologically and everything.

Anywho. Jason doesn't have an HF, he's just plain immortal. So for Wolverine, a guy who has a mad HF, this fight is plain simple. Even if Wolverine gets scared, which is possible considering his past, mental instability, and animalistic nature, there's just no way Freddy could ever put him down. Especially when you consider he couldn't even put down Jason. Granted, Freddy's immortal... in the dreams.

So either Wolverine catches Freddy and wakes up to dice him for the win, or Wolverine simply lasts until he wakes up in the morning for a stalemate.

In the first part of your post your right about the nightmares if they would follow real life logic wich is not the case in the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies because in the Nightmare movies he isn't just manipulating your dreams the stuff that happens to you there actually threatens you in "reallife", this was shown more than once and also stated several times for example Nancy cuts her hand and was still bleeding after she woke up, after that she says that threats in the dreamworld can become threats in the real world (that was in part 3)

to the second part... well you already said that jasons just plain immortal so that's the reason why Freddy couldn't take him down there (I could say he wasn't going all out if you want so, cause he could do much more to him than just slamming him around for example throw him into an acid pool or the sun if you want so)
so if he would have done something like this there wouldn't be anything left of jason or wolverine in this case (and this "drowning attack" also affected Jason in the real world he was spitting out water without ever beeing into water berfore this, for another example)

btw it was you who said there has to be something Wolverine can regenrate from (at least 1 cell I guess) in the Rulk vs. Woverine thread after I asked if the getting hotter thing would be a bigger prob than the HF (from the other Hulk in this matchup), so please don't come now and say he would regenerate from this

to the last part I agree with you Wolverine would totally wreck freddy in the real world I have no doubt about it,
the thread is about the battle in the dreamworld and not about "could wolverine pull him out of the dreamworld"
if he's able to pull him out he'll take care of Freddy pretty easily

so that's the reason why I really think this is spite in favor for freddy, we could throw in Sentry with the same outcome...

Parmaniac
No, dude. He doesn't have all these "powers". He has one power. Dream warping.

And no HF, either. He doesn't "heal" or anything, he simply manifests new parts.

Not to mention that in the real world he can't do sh*t. Except in FvJ he seems to know Kung Fu. And has a measure of immortality; what with that winking head thing and all.

even if that's the case he still can do all this stuff not to mention even more (If you want so I'll post the rest also)

to the real world thing, as I stated before I agree with you in this. And MAYBE and just MAYBE Wolverine lasts long enough to wake up to "stalemate" this fight wich I doubt if Freddys really willing to kill him.

gobstakid777
In the first part of your post your right about the nightmares if they would follow real life logic wich is not the case in the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies because in the Nightmare movies he isn't just manipulating your dreams the stuff that happens to you there actually threatens you in "reallife", this was shown more than once and also stated several times for example Nancy cuts her hand and was still bleeding after she woke up, after that she says that threats in the dreamworld can become threats in the real world (that was in part 3)

to the second part... well you already said that jasons just plain immortal so that's the reason why Freddy couldn't take him down there (I could say he wasn't going all out if you want so, cause he could do much more to him than just slamming him around for example throw him into an acid pool or the sun if you want so)
so if he would have done something like this there wouldn't be anything left of jason or wolverine in this case (and this "drowning attack" also affected Jason in the real world he was spitting out water without ever beeing into water berfore this, for another example)

btw it was you who said there has to be something Wolverine can regenrate from (at least 1 cell I guess) in the Rulk vs. Woverine thread after I asked if the getting hotter thing would be a bigger prob than the HF (from the other Hulk in this matchup), so please don't come now and say he would regenerate from this

to the last part I agree with you Wolverine would totally wreck freddy in the real world I have no doubt about it,
the thread is about the battle in the dreamworld and not about "could wolverine pull him out of the dreamworld"
if he's able to pull him out he'll take care of Freddy pretty easily

so that's the reason why I really think this is spite in favor for freddy, we could throw in Sentry with the same outcome...

yea like i said.the dreams are psychosomatic.if in the dream freddy were to,say,rip out logans admantium,decapitate him,and incinerate him in the sun in the dream world,he would be a pile of waffle crisp in the morning(damn i miss that cereal)

cmack
freddy wins but he cant kill logan, but wolverine cant mount an offense against freddy in the dream world, freddy bothers him until logan wakes up

thebeast
dont see why this is a spite, it all about ones will, wolverine not some child, he also not jason who has a weakness to uses against him (though it bullshit weakness jason lives in a water why would it scare him). His will is reidculous and he can uses it to his advantage, plus unlike children even if his body is effected in the real world it don't matter much to him, he has a healing factor. no expression

Tattoos N Scars
Freddy seems to be able to warp reality and conjure whatever powers he wishes to have. In the dream world, what if he just turned Magneto and ripped all that adamantium out.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Freddy seems to be able to warp reality and conjure whatever powers he wishes to have. In the dream world, what if he just turned Magneto and ripped all that adamantium out.

yeah I was also thinking something like this, I mean juest rember when he turned into "Super Freddy"! laughing

Xplosive
Freddy would make Wolverine a rag-doll and would be probably able to cancel Logan ability and kill him. This is no movie where Freddy pretty much looses in the end. Here Freddy ends Logan.

gobstakid777
so i guess it's confirmed.unless wolverine wakes up while holding fred,The sandman takes it 10/10

jasofisc
i can't imagin what freddy can do to wolverine and what wolverine can do to freddy. I have never seen anything to suggest that he can take away supper powers he wasn't able to do it to Jason. Wolverine is a master of meditation though and would be able to enter the dream world and leaven when he wants. if and that's a big if wolverine can figure out that he needs to grab him when he does it. But anyway i see it like Jason vs freddy except wolverine doesn't have a weekness for freddy to exploit.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by jasofisc
i can't imagin what freddy can do to wolverine and what wolverine can do to freddy. I have never seen anything to suggest that he can take away supper powers he wasn't able to do it to Jason. Wolverine is a master of meditation though and would be able to enter the dream world and leaven when he wants. if and that's a big if wolverine can figure out that he needs to grab him when he does it. But anyway i see it like Jason vs freddy except wolverine doesn't have a weekness for freddy to exploit.

there's no prep which means wolv don't know who fred is
part of fred's power is to telepathically know everythin,especially fears,of victim
and even if fred can't take down his healing factor,he can rip out the adamantium in wolv's body,decapitate him,and drown him in acid,and cause he knows of wolv's meditation control he can do it telekinetically
and if wolv's wakes up,fred will just come back the next night,and the night after that,... cause he can be in more than one dream at once,as he was in both tina's and nancy's dream in the first movie.so yeah

Tattoos N Scars
Actually..the times that Freddy was brought into the real world..didn't those kids have a special gift that allowed them to bring something back from their dreams? If so, Wolverine may not have that gift and may be stuck to fighting Freddy in the dream world only.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Actually..the times that Freddy was brought into the real world..didn't those kids have a special gift that allowed them to bring something back from their dreams? If so, Wolverine may not have that gift and may be stuck to fighting Freddy in the dream world only.

naw.it's basically if your holdin on to sumthin in the dream world and u wake up while holdin it,u can bring it into the real world,fred included

Battlehammer
Freddy feats Part 6

burning
buried alive

.......is this really what you think beats wolverine? almost every single one of thoses abilities would do nothing to wolverine and to be honest he laugh at them, and you also forget to mention that wolverine in the dream world can uses similar powers, wolverine not some inexperience scared child, he vastly experienced fighter who dealt with numerous threats, as well as reality warpers, he not getting punked like you seem to think.

gobstakid777
.......is this really what you think beats wolverine? almost every single one of thoses abilities would do nothing to wolverine and to be honest he laugh at them, and you also forget to mention that wolverine in the dream world can uses similar powers, wolverine not some inexperience scared child, he vastly experienced fighter who dealt with numerous threats, as well as reality warpers, he not getting punked like you seem to think.
thats good cause those aren't his powers.his power is complete control over your dreams and causing psychosomatic symptoms with those dreams.note complete means godlike,morpheus sandman godlike.there's not shit wolvs can do against him.freddy can do ANYTHING to him

if u think wolverine can really win i got 1 word for u
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/16508/711162-627412_picard_no_facepalm_1__super_super.jpg

Battlehammer
Originally posted by gobstakid777
thats good cause those aren't his powers.his power is complete control over your dreams and causing psychosomatic symptoms with those dreams.note complete means godlike,morpheus sandman godlike.there's not shit wolvs can do against him.freddy can do ANYTHING to him

if u think wolverine can really win i got 1 word for u
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/16508/711162-627412_picard_no_facepalm_1__super_super.jpg

and yet little chidlren beat him all the time.............

Logan can uses powers in the dream world as well, which you keep leaving out.

Freddy could not even take Jason out who can't even heal, how he going to take out some one who damage soak>>>>>Jason and who smart enough to fight back in the dream world?

also what about wolverines mental defenses? which again people are leaving out, which could play a huge factor in this and have proofen effective against reality warpers.

Parmaniac
(1) and yet little chidlren beat him all the time.............

(2) Logan can uses powers in the dream world as well, which you keep leaving out. Freddy could not even take Jason out who can't even heal, how he going to take out some one who damage soak>>>>>Jason and who smart enough to fight back in the dream world?

(3) also what about wolverines mental defenses? which again people are leaving out, which could play a huge factor in this and have proofen effective against reality warpers.

to (1)

well I can play the same game here....

http://media.photobucket.com/image/wolverine%20deer/A_Flight/wolverine18006.jpg

Hell man this is not a movie of course in the movies he loses to a point, cause he simply is the bad guy in 95% of all horror movies the bad guys loose, same goes for comics, sure a bad guy wins here and there or sometimes a good guy gets killed but that's temporerly in the end good overcomes bad and the dead heros return

to (2) no he can't why should he be able to? And even if he could freddys easily overpowered all of them he was more toying with them than anything else he grabbed will (the wizard boy) while he was firing his magical stuff at him und single handedly hooked him up and stabbed him, he overpowered kincaid (the strong guy) easily and was smiling at him at this point, I already stated why he couldn't take down jason you shold read the thread instead of only the stuff here you want to

to (3) yeah because he has shown so awsome against the girl from agents of atlas who was just singing and totaly lure him with that or the pheromones of Spider-Woman. And yeah his mental defenses protect him from reality warping....

Parmaniac

wtf man this is only from part 6 and I'm sure as hell someone with this powerset can beat Wolverine if you want so I'll post the rest here too

and I highly doubt that it wouldn't have any effect on wolverine when Freddys teleports him into the sky and let him fall down from there, it wouldn't kill him sure but to think he would just jump up after that and say: hey buddy what's up? is ridiculous, we could use the exact same scenario as in the beginning of part 6 and just exchange the nailbed with a tank of acid/molten metal and when Logan falls into it Freddy just puts a lid on it or just jumps into it too to keep logan in there not that it would harm him at all...

btw to the durabilty feat with the baseball bat, I've seen Punisher taking on Wolverine with a baseball bat and he wasn't doing so well against it....

Placidity
Lol, Wolvie beating omnipotent reality warpers?

gobstakid777
and yet little chidlren beat him all the time.............

Logan can uses powers in the dream world as well, which you keep leaving out.

Freddy could not even take Jason out who can't even heal, how he going to take out some one who damage soak>>>>>Jason and who smart enough to fight back in the dream world?

also what about wolverines mental defenses? which again people are leaving out, which could play a huge factor in this and have proofen effective against reality warpers.

as the 3rd movie shows lucid dreaming doesn't work and freddy has complete control over the dreamworld,whose effects carry out into the real world.freddy can kill him instantly.he only choses to enegage opponents so yeah

Master Court

To the first part, you don't seem to get my point.

I meant, besides when Freddy actually attacks his victims in some way or another, it's still for all intents and purposes a simple nightmare. Wolverine, for example, would not be afraid of Sabretooth in real life. But in the nightmare, he may actually be afraid of him if Freddy took his shape, simply because a nightmare plays on you cerebral-biochemically. For the most part, it's almost impossible to NOT be afraid. So Freddy can do all these magic tricks and crap, showing off his dream warping powers by manifesting everything under the sun, but it doesn't count for sh*t unless he actually attacks his victims.

For the second part, I never back on my acknowledgments of fact. Wolverine DOES need something to regenerate from. But when was the last time Freddy threw someone into an acid bath or the sun? Faced with Jason, Freddy had absolutely no idea what to do against someone who won't die. Although, Freddy did seem to get somewhere when he was "drowning" Jason. Maybe you have to be afraid of it for it to hurt you. That would make some sense. But that's just speculation. In any case, I've seen all the Freddy's and Jason's a million times. Freddy's never done anything in the league of sun-tossing. It may be a Kryptonian's best friend, but Freddy simply doesn't do it. BUT! I do have to admit, it's plausible; if he pulled out all the stops he could very well throw someone in the sun. And then I ask myself; would Freddy have to know the temperature of the sun to make it as hot as the real sun? Does he have to know the properties of certain things like that? That would explain why he's never does more than manifest flypaper, blood, giant q-tips, heroine, a hurricane, and a platform of spikes.

Xplosive
Freddy could not even take Jason out who can't even heal

Jason was pretty much a toy and joke to Freddy in a dreamworld and even then Freddy was only playing with him. He even easily revived him, when Freddy was still just weak and even brought him from Hell. Ok, then he couldn't kill him, but Jason is an immortal. That was the problem why he couldn't take him out (but even that was only because of a script and that it wouldn't be boring and one sided. Freddy should have no problem slicing him, taking his head off and at least stop him for a while or some time). I don't see any problem Freddy taking his adamantium out and killing him. Logan is not an immortal.

Hyperion Prime
All freddy has to do is show Cyber Mariko, Jean Grey, Silver Fox, Sabertooth when him and wolv were children etc. Wolverine is afraid or disturbed by a lot of stuff

Freddy wrecks him.....he is a supernatural god who is right below mephisto and others. Freddy collects souls.

Parmaniac
To the first part, you don't seem to get my point.

I meant, besides when Freddy actually attacks his victims in some way or another, it's still for all intents and purposes a simple nightmare. Wolverine, for example, would not be afraid of Sabretooth in real life. But in the nightmare, he may actually be afraid of him if Freddy took his shape, simply because a nightmare plays on you cerebral-biochemically. For the most part, it's almost impossible to NOT be afraid. So Freddy can do all these magic tricks and crap, showing off his dream warping powers by manifesting everything under the sun, but it doesn't count for sh*t unless he actually attacks his victims.

For the second part, I never back on my acknowledgments of fact. Wolverine DOES need something to regenerate from. But when was the last time Freddy threw someone into an acid bath or the sun? Faced with Jason, Freddy had absolutely no idea what to do against someone who won't die. Although, Freddy did seem to get somewhere when he was "drowning" Jason. Maybe you have to be afraid of it for it to hurt you. That would make some sense. But that's just speculation. In any case, I've seen all the Freddy's and Jason's a million times. Freddy's never done anything in the league of sun-tossing. It may be a Kryptonian's best friend, but Freddy simply doesn't do it. BUT! I do have to admit, it's plausible; if he pulled out all the stops he could very well throw someone in the sun. And then I ask myself; would Freddy have to know the temperature of the sun to make it as hot as the real sun? Does he have to know the properties of certain things like that? That would explain why he's never does more than manifest flypaper, blood, giant q-tips, heroine, a hurricane, and a platform of spikes.

part 1

oh ok then I really got it a bit wrong
I wouldn't 100% agree on the thing that it is a simple nightmare unless he attacks, I think (at this point don't have an exact example, but still) it's also possible that someone hurts himself and carries the damage to the real world, so I think the whole dream created by freddy works diffrent than normal nightmares but thats irrelevant

"but it doesn't count for sh*t unless he actually attacks his victims."

well I definately have to disagree with this, I wouldn't say it doesn't count for s*it because with this powers he can create the perfect circumstances for his attack, for example creating a giant magnet or quicksand to trap him.

part 2

"For the second part, I never back on my acknowledgments of fact. Wolverine DOES need something to regenerate from."
yeah I know I just wanted to make this clear again cause I've seen people sometimes claim that he would just heal from absolutely everything done to him.

"Faced with Jason, Freddy had absolutely no idea what to do against someone who won't die. Although, Freddy did seem to get somewhere when he was "drowning" Jason"

hm yeah the whole thing of freddy being surprised was kinda dumb or just a way to show jason in a respectful fight, because freddy shapeshifted into Jasons Mother in the beginning so Freddy actually said by himself that jason can't die (If I remeber right she said: whatever they do to you you can't die) and then in the fight he wonders that that he was saying was actually right blink

"Maybe you have to be afraid of it for it to hurt you"
hm it would, but it seems you don't have to because in one movie this karate guy isn't afraid of Freddy in any way (he was actually seeking the confrontation) and still got killed

and yeah I know he's never done anything near like sun tossing but I think we agree he easily could and really why should he throw a normal teenager into the sun it's not like he couldn't kill him otherwise in a more sadistic/funny way only for his amusement
to the last thing I don't think he has to know how stuff works to do it, I mean he once put someone in a video game and I don't think he actually knows how programming or the inside of a videoconsole works
I think it's more like the GL rings you just imagine what you want and the ring does the rest for you

"That would explain why he's never does more than manifest flypaper, blood, giant q-tips, heroine, a hurricane, and a platform of spikes."

well I thinks that's again because it's just not really necessary to do more for normal humans, FvJ is in a way an example for this he telekinetaccly tossing jason around like a pinball he has never done something like this to a normal human he was more going out not going ALL out but more

Endless Mike
Freddy could look at Logan's memories, find out that Magneto was able to rip the adamantium out of him, then make a dream version of Magneto do do that and kill him

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Freddy could look at Logan's memories, find out that Magneto was able to rip the adamantium out of him, then make a dream version of Magneto do do that and kill him
how can he look at his memories when extremely powerful telepaths can't? It not going to work, his psi blockers and his natural defenses will prevent it.

Goddess of Fury
how can he look at his memories when extremely powerful telepaths can't? It not going to work, his psi blockers and his natural defenses will prevent it. Freddie's powers aren't telepathic in nature. They are magical supernatural.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Goddess of Fury
Freddie's powers aren't telepathic in nature. They are magical supernatural.
I dont think it matters, there still telepathic attacks reguardless of them being magical or not.

If Freddy not effected by cis he should stomp it handily, but if he fights liek he does vs children he be quite ****ed, espcially if he stabb wolverine from up close, since wolverine could grab him and wake up.

Starscream M
I dont think it matters, there still telepathic attacks reguardless of them being magical or not.
of course it matters. magical nature means wolverine won't have any defense against it.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
of course it matters. magical nature means wolverine won't have any defense against it.
No true, many telepaths in marvel powers from form magic. Elektra telepathy is dark ninjistu magic and still his psi blocker prevent it.

Parmaniac
since wolverine could grab him and wake up.

man really how many times I have to say it: THE FIGHT ONLY TAKES PLACE IN DREAMWORLD, NO PULLING HIM INTO REALITY!

really I would never argue that Wolverine destroys Freddy in the real world I don't think anyone here would, in real world Wolverine wins 10/10 even if Freddy is lucky as hell and Wolverine falls into a pit and Freddy buries him alive to pin him down for a TKO he still would win 9/10
the reason why I even started this thread was because people would put Wolverine over Freddy in the dream world and that's definately not going to happen, the absolute best he could get in this situation is a stalemate by taking the punishment from Freddy till he wakes up.

Trackz
the dream would probably take place in the weapon x facility when wolverine got his adamantium, I dont see it impossible for Freddy to remove his adamantium and kill him.

Battlehammer
man really how many times I have to say it: THE FIGHT ONLY TAKES PLACE IN DREAMWORLD, NO PULLING HIM INTO REALITY!

really I would never argue that Wolverine destroys Freddy in the real world I don't think anyone here would, in real world Wolverine wins 10/10 even if Freddy is lucky as hell and Wolverine falls into a pit and Freddy buries him alive to pin him down for a TKO he still would win 9/10
the reason why I even started this thread was because people would put Wolverine over Freddy in the dream world and that's definately not going to happen, the absolute best he could get in this situation is a stalemate by taking the punishment from Freddy till he wakes up.
well then he ****ed reguardless of cis since there really no way to kill freddy in the dream world.........but if freddy stabbed him or what not woudlent he just wake up, I mean this is the same man who trains his body to be as alert as possiable i cant see him sleepign throw being stabbed, hit ect.

jasofisc
there's no prep which means wolv don't know who fred is
part of fred's power is to telepathically know everythin,especially fears,of victim
and even if fred can't take down his healing factor,he can rip out the adamantium in wolv's body,decapitate him,and drown him in acid,and cause he knows of wolv's meditation control he can do it telekinetically
and if wolv's wakes up,fred will just come back the next night,and the night after that,... cause he can be in more than one dream at once,as he was in both tina's and nancy's dream in the first movie.so yeah

if fredd can't do it the first time then which he wouldn't he won't get a secound chance. wolverine woudl then have the day to come up with an attack plan. sooner or later wolverine would wake up when he's stabing fred. and while fredd would know wolverine's fears he wouldn't know automaticly how to beat wolverine. look at freddy vs Jason freddy had to stumble onto what Jason's fears were so that shows his power can be blocked. Fred won't just know wolverine's powers inside and out wolverine will come back the next night in meditation and start to attack fredd and when he wakes up with freds blood on his claws he will know what to do the next night.

Parmaniac
if fredd can't do it the first time then which he wouldn't he won't get a secound chance. wolverine woudl then have the day to come up with an attack plan. sooner or later wolverine would wake up when he's stabing fred. and while fredd would know wolverine's fears he wouldn't know automaticly how to beat wolverine. look at freddy vs Jason freddy had to stumble onto what Jason's fears were so that shows his power can be blocked. Fred won't just know wolverine's powers inside and out wolverine will come back the next night in meditation and start to attack fredd and when he wakes up with freds blood on his claws he will know what to do the next night.

hm wouldn't be so sure that he don't knows his powers he knew lots of stuff about his victims that he theoretical couldn't know for example jason he turned into his mother (wich he had never seen before) and told him that he can't die so actually Freddy knew that Jason was immortal stupid thing is he still was wondered about this in the fight...

Battlehammer
Here the thing a lot of freddy powers is telepathic, which would not work on wolverine sinces he has natural walls that block people entering his mind even powerful telepaths and he currently has a level 9 psi blockers which would make Freddy entering his mind doubtful.

Battlehammer
as for the jason thing that was retarded, jason beign scared of water......he lives in water lol

Parmaniac
as for the jason thing that was retarded, jason beign scared of water......he lives in water lol

yeah but really what else should have they done? Freddy pinballing him 60 minutes in the boiler room? stick out tongue well in a way that's what made the most sense but still I also think was wasn't that good, he also just walks out of the water in the end with Freddys head in his hand like it was nothing...

Battlehammer
yeah but really what else should have they done? Freddy pinballing him 60 minutes in the boiler room? stick out tongue well in a way that's what made the most sense but still I also think was wasn't that good, he also just walks out of the water in the end with Freddys head in his hand like it was nothing...
lol true.

yea it controdicted it self, though if they made a second one I watch it

gobstakid777

well luckily for me, paramaniac just said there is no pulling fred out of dreams.with that information,there is no way in hell,no mental training,nothing that will stop fred from doin what he does best.hell,knowing freddy,he might feel really bastardly and literally rape wolvs for the fun of it before killing him,and there isn't s#@t wolvs is going to be able to do to stop him

aoh and on a side note,as dream warriors showed,fred can keep people in comas,so yeah...

if you really think wolverine can win,if u think has a billionth of a chance of winning i got one word for you
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/picard-no-facepalm.jpg
the undead fred 11/10

Trackz
jason doesnt live in water, he was drowned, so he has to come out of water.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Trackz
jason doesnt live in water, he was drowned, so he has to come out of water.
He lives in the lake....and he constantly goes in and out of it......it stupid for him to be scared of water.

Trackz
He lives in the lake....and he constantly goes in and out of it......it stupid for him to be scared of water. he's a zombie pretty much, when he was killed he was drowned, when his body came alive it had to walk out of the lake because..thats where he died, why wouldn't he be afraid of what killed him, similar to Freddy being afraid of fire.

Battlehammer
he's a zombie pretty much, when he was killed he was drowned, when his body came alive it had to walk out of the lake because..thats where he died, why wouldn't he be afraid of what killed him, similar to Freddy being afraid of fire.
Becuase he lives in an out of water, he constantly goes in it, why would some one scared of water go in it all the time? it retarded, he willing to go in a lake, but he scared of a little water fall.....that the dumbest thing ive ever heard.....it was plot induced stupidity.

gobstakid777
He lives in the lake....and he constantly goes in and out of it......it stupid for him to be scared of water.
yea that really was stupid on the writers part.and it's not even like it could have been retconned in the movie,cause they had him go into the water not 45 minutes later!!!you'd think freddy fans wrote half the script and let jason fans write the other half

Battlehammer
yea that really was stupid on the writers part.and it's not even like it could have been retconned in the movie,cause they had him go into the water not 45 minutes later!!!you'd think freddy fans wrote half the script and let jason fans write the other half
I know right lol they controdicted them selfs.

I really think they may have lol.

Trackz
Becuase he lives in an out of water, he constantly goes in it, why would some one scared of water go in it all the time? it retarded, he willing to go in a lake, but he scared of a little water fall.....that the dumbest thing ive ever heard.....it was plot induced stupidity. that just how the writers in freddy vs. jason described it, whatever fear he had of water didn't really seem to have an effect as he's seen walking out at the end of the movie anyway.

regardless I'm thinking that there are plenty of moments that Freddy could dig up to mess with wolverine (the death of al his lovers, the weapon x facility, and magneto removing his adamantium)

Battlehammer
that just how the writers in freddy vs. jason described it, whatever fear he had of water didn't really seem to have an effect as he's seen walking out at the end of the movie anyway.

regardless I'm thinking that there are plenty of moments that Freddy could dig up to mess with wolverine (the death of al his lovers, the weapon x facility, and magneto removing his adamantium)
Yes because it was shittly written and they controdict them selfs it was plot induced stupidity at it best.

Though freddy wins that would not work, fredy enter his brain and memories is compeltely unlikly given wolverine mental defenses.

gobstakid777
Yes because it was shittly written and they controdict them selfs it was plot induced stupidity at it best.

Though freddy wins that would not work, fredy enter his brain and memories is compeltely unlikly given wolverine mental defenses.
It's not telepathic,it's magical.wolvs has no defense

Battlehammer
It's not telepathic,it's magical.wolvs has no defense
It still of form of telepathy, magic bases does not change the fact it a form of telepathy which he has mental blocks for. Many characters in marvel have magic based telepathy and his defenses work against them as well, if very unlikly freddy can read his mind, not that he need to, in order to win.

gobstakid777
It still of form of telepathy, magic bases does not change the fact it a form of telepathy which he has mental blocks for. Many characters in marvel have magic based telepathy and his defenses work against them as well, if very unlikly freddy can read his mind, not that he need to, in order to win.
it really has nuthin to do w/ "reading" his mind.freddy inhabits one's dreams,therefore one's mind.he has access to everything

Battlehammer
it really has nuthin to do w/ "reading" his mind.freddy inhabits one's dreams,therefore one's mind.he has access to everything

Yes and his defenses are designed so people cant enter his mind period, it very unlikly freddy could when countless others have failed.

gobstakid777
Yes and his defenses are designed so people cant enter his mind period, it very unlikly freddy could when countless others have failed.
fred is not a psychic,or telepath,or psionic energy,or whatever
he's a frickin ghost.a demon.he is a monster from hell.he's basically phobetor of greek myth personified.he doesn't just cause nightmaress.he is the personifcation of nightmares

Battlehammer
fred is not a psychic,or telepath,or psionic energy,or whatever
he's a frickin ghost.a demon.he is a monster from hell.

yes and Ogun also a demon and he was not able to read wolverines mind or posses it and if not mistaken he not even the only demon to try such a thing

thanos-prime
yes and Ogun also a demon and he was not able to read wolverines mind or posses it and if not mistaken he not even the only demon to try such a thing freddys world is a direct link into wolvies mind i see no reason why he couldn't read his mind

Battlehammer
Originally posted by thanos-prime
freddys world is a direct link into wolvies mind i see no reason why he couldn't read his mind
because he has mental defenses to prevent just that.

Parmaniac
http://marvel.com/universe/Nightmare

does this ring a bell? wink

Battlehammer
http://marvel.com/universe/Nightmare

does this ring a bell? wink
No not really, nor does it say how he fought wolverine. Wolverien faced hive not that guy, and he wasent sleeping.......

gobstakid777
No not really, nor does it say how he fought wolverine. Wolverien faced hive not that guy, and he wasent sleeping.......

it says he faced wolverine thoguh

Battlehammer
it says he faced wolverine thoguh
yes and? Thoses are written by any one with enough hero points, there not always very accurate nor does it say how they fought.

gobstakid777
yes and? Thoses are written by any one with enough hero points, there not always very accurate nor does it say how they fought.
well how do u no he never faced wolvs,less lone won

Battlehammer
well how do u no he never faced wolvs,less lone won

I dont think he has, and I have read almost every single appearances of wolverine.

and to bases an arguement of a sources that not only vague, but anyone can edit it with enough hero points seems rather foolish to me.

gobstakid777
I dont think he has, and I have read almost every single appearances of wolverine.

and to bases an arguement of a sources that not only vague, but anyone can edit it with enough hero points seems rather foolish to me.
well u still haven't shown me actually proof that wolv's psicionic shield will protect him from fred.fred comes with the dream.if u dream,thats were he is.he's not invading it.it's his home

Battlehammer
well u still haven't shown me actually proof that wolv's psicionic shield will protect him from fred.fred comes with the dream.if u dream,thats were he is.he's not invading it.it's his home

to invade ones dreams means you have to get into there sub conscious which his psi blocker stop, and has prove to stop high level telepaths as well as demons such as Ogun.

gobstakid777
to invade ones dreams means you have to get into there sub conscious which his psi blocker stop, and has prove to stop high level telepaths as well as demons such as Ogun.

listen the thing is if u dream,he's there.no havin to get into the subconscious or whatever.wolvs has to dream,which is y fred pwns him

Battlehammer
listen the thing is if u dream,he's there.no havin to get into the subconscious or whatever.wolvs has to dream,which is y fred pwns him

That ebcause no one has any mental defenses, he can't enter wolverine mind, he be blocked out. just becuase wolverine dreams does not mean freddy can enter his mind

Starscream M
That ebcause no one has any mental defenses, he can't enter wolverine mind, he be blocked out. just becuase wolverine dreams does not mean freddy can enter his mind once wolverine falls asleep, freddy CAN enter his mind.

Hyperion Prime
Here the thing a lot of freddy powers is telepathic, which would not work on wolverine sinces he has natural walls that block people entering his mind even powerful telepaths and he currently has a level 9 psi blockers which would make Freddy entering his mind doubtful.

Dude what part of Freddy is a demon don't you get. He is probablly right below Mephisto. You think Mephisto or Loki could not read wolverines MORTAL HUMAN MIND!!!

thanos-prime
That ebcause no one has any mental defenses, he can't enter wolverine mind, he be blocked out. just becuase wolverine dreams does not mean freddy can enter his mind there is no prep hence he is already in there with freddy so his psi-blockers are null and void

Impediment
Freddy isnt a comic book character.

Master Court

"but it doesn't count for sh*t unless he actually attacks his victims."

well I definately have to disagree with this, I wouldn't say it doesn't count for s*it because with this powers he can create the perfect circumstances for his attack, for example creating a giant magnet or quicksand to trap him.

and yeah I know he's never done anything near like sun tossing but I think we agree he easily could and really why should he throw a normal teenager into the sun it's not like he couldn't kill him otherwise in a more sadistic/funny way only for his amusement
to the last thing I don't think he has to know how stuff works to do it, I mean he once put someone in a video game and I don't think he actually knows how programming or the inside of a videoconsole works
I think it's more like the GL rings you just imagine what you want and the ring does the rest for you

"That would explain why he's never does more than manifest flypaper, blood, giant q-tips, heroine, a hurricane, and a platform of spikes."

well I thinks that's again because it's just not really necessary to do more for normal humans, FvJ is in a way an example for this he telekinetaccly tossing jason around like a pinball he has never done something like this to a normal human he was more going out not going ALL out but more

First part; good point. Like when he scares someone into a particular room he wants to kill them in, or makes them pick up the phone so he can do the tongue thing. But to further clarify, if indeed he's merely manipulating their dreams, then it is merely a scary dream. It would explain why no one's ever died by accident. Freddy has always had to intentionally kill them, with either props or hands-on. Like a stage-writer up on stage with the actors, making sh*t up along the way, but it's all just scenery and props until he wants to kill them, but it's not the dream, it's him. So they're not lethal dreams, that's just where he kills them.

Second part; also a good point. After thinking about it, I guess Freddy's powers manifest the effects of things rather than the actual properties of things. It wouldn't surprise me if the video game console had no parts in it, or if it even had an inside at all. That said, when he was drowning Jason, in the real world Jason was actually gagging up real water. Hard to figure that one. Now, gently contradicting myself, maybe his dream world is simply a parallel dimension that he has all-power over, and therefore the water is real and is simply shifted into our reality through people from our plane!! eek!

Sometimes, speculation can be fun.

Either way, when your right, your right. Fighting a bunch of sh*t-head teenagers and a zombie is one thing. Fighting Wolverine is another. Freddy could eventually think up sun-frying. Or even worse, "cure" Wolverine's mutation and then kill him the same way he kills the kids. Wolverine getting taken out by a giant q-tip. Priceless.

Badabing
This is closed for a few reasons. It seems from the reports and posts that people aren't going to agree on Freddy's powers. So I'm making the call to close this thread before any real trouble starts. Freddy's powers are almost godlike in the dream realm. There's too much speculation regarding what what Freddy can actually do and what a comic book character can and can't defend.

Odekahn
Ok guys, I know I put "comic" in the title, but I would like to allow scenes from the movies to be considered canon for FREDDY ONLY. FvJ included.

Logan falls asleep and is in Freddy's Dream World. He has his HF and Adamantium skeleton/claws in FDW that cannot be taken away.

Who wins?

P.S. Did a search and didn't find any existing threads.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/AAC71E11-E62A-4126-9F7C-BF4ECE8DCE68.jpg

Parmaniac
Freddy, I made this thread already.

Odekahn
Freddy, I made this thread already.

I'm sorry, I didn't see it. I did do a search. Could you link it for me?

Do you think Logan stands a chance?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Odekahn
I'm sorry, I didn't see it. I did do a search. Could you link it for me? It's closed, so no point (or chance) for bumping it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=513980

Odekahn
It's closed, so no point (or chance) for bumping it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=513980

Oh well then we needed a new one anyways! thumb up

It's an interesting battle imo

Odekahn
Bump

Badabing
Reopened Parm's thread, merged the new thread and moved to the appropriate forum.

ScreamPaste
I can't imagine Freddy's ability to deal real world damage via dreams putting Wolverine down, and he can't even really be KO'd since he starts out unconscious in the stips.

Stalemate, imho.

Danny Wayne
Imho probably Freddy.

TrevorPhillipss
So many Wolverine threads...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.