Making EU Books Into Episodes 7-9..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
If you were to make 3 EU books into Episodes 7-9, what would they be? I personally have read very few EU books but based on what I have heard I would pick Heir To The Empire,Hand of Thrawn,and Balance Point. What would you pick?

Jonce
The three would have to be more connected.
The development of the Solo children would be a good idea. Or perhaps the continueing conflict with the Empire.

Which is the one where the Republic and the Empire make piece?

JediOasis
They make peace in Vision of the Future, by Zahn. I would like to see the New Jedi Order series as 7,8, and 9, but they would have to introduce everything better.

Admiral Kettch
I'd love to see any of the x-wing novels turned into movies. There are very few scenes with any of the main OT characters, so there wouldn't be any actor problems and the battles would be incredible.

GordonSkywalker
If you were to make 3 EU books into Episodes 7-9, what would they be? Probably the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy, as these books do not have sith or dark jedi as the villians,and in keeping with the supposed end of the Emperor and Darth Vader at the end of "Return of the Jedi", these new villians would be a race of conquerors bent on taking over the New Republic. And of course the subplot might very well have Luke go in search of information about his parents,i.e. things we know but he does not know about Padme,Shmi,and the younger Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Corran
It couldn't be the NJO because the timings would be too long apart.

The X-Wing books could be made into a mini-series for TV rather than films.

LanceWindu
X-Wing's would be great as a cartoon or something.

But I think that the Jedi Academy trilogy would also be good for a film, to show newbies what Luke does after defeating the evil Empire. Also to show that there is a new order of Jedi being born.

Julie
It'd be interesting to see NJO as movies, but the books are good enough on their own.....hmmmm.....I don't know off hand.....perhaps books that kicked off the new age of EU books....

Captain REX
The Kyle Katarn Chronicles (as I call them) might do for interesting movies, though it is likely it will never happen in the history of the world.

GordonSkywalker
I agree! The trilogy could introduce Luke as a bona fide Jedi Master, and show us(on film) the origins of the academy and the new generation of Jedi Knights. smile

Julie
heck ...I'd go for any of the books being made into a mo ie....even though I didn't like the Black Fleet Crisis

GordonSkywalker
What about making the Force Heretic books into a film trilogy? I just read the first book(Remnant) and if the other two books are as good, then I say they would make great films as well.

GordonSkywalker
Okay forget that idea! How about making a trilogy out of Star By Star, Destiny's Way and whatever they're calling the final book in the NJO series?

Julie
that would be cool...they should make all five of the hard cover novels of NJO into a movie....

GordonSkywalker
Now that would be something to see!

Julie
yes it would...they'd be good too...provided they found some decent acting talent..the stories are definately interesting

JedCred
My stance on it is if there were to be movies 7-9, they would have to be either on the Solo kids or Ben Skywalker. The first three are based on Anakin, the next three on Luke, so logically we'd have to see the next generation. It would work well since the actors whom originally did 4-6 would be older, which would fit in with the time that's passed.

GordonSkywalker
Yes that remains a valid and positive point for doing a NJO-style film with the classic Star Wars characters.

Julie
good use of logic there Jedcred....hope to see you around more often

JedCred
Indeed I hope to be. I've hoped to find a good place to discuss EU side of Star Wars.

Julie
I think you found it:-0

GordonSkywalker
EU is remarkeable especially considering the dozen or so years since Heir to The Empire came out. Now we have had several successful spinoff series that are now considered worthy by fans for consideration for future films. Even though this debate has gone on for some time in different threads it remains a cool idea:That any of the books might work as big screen installments. EU might not be official or canon but is great nevertheless.

yerssot
*shivers at the thought of Rogue planet as a movie*

GordonSkywalker
That is one thing we don't have to worry about I think.

Julie
I stand by my opinion that it would be cool to see the NJo as a movie....but that it wiould also detract from the wonders of the book series.

GordonSkywalker
Do you mean the entire NJO in condensed form as a movie or as a series of movies?

yerssot
then it would be movies wink

GordonSkywalker
George Lucas and Rick McCallum should adapt Tatooine Ghost as a seventh film. Think of how it would tie in the OT with the prequels even more. Then they could come up with two more films or just leave it as a stand alone film. smile

rogue_jedi
i think that they should start with "vector prime", making at least 6 more movies about the war with the yuuzhan vong. imagine watching chewbacca roar in defiance as serpindals moon comes crashing down.....

Julie
even if they made a comercial with certain NJO plot points that would be cool to watch

Baylin
What about short aniamted films, like with the animatrix films, stories that link some of the bigger stories together.

Julie
bigger stories are only good if the story itself is good...if a plot line moves too slow...every one gets bored

Rogue Jedi
they could make episodes 7 thru 12 form the new jedi order series, about the war with the yuzzhan vong

yerssot
that would be more of spinoffs then actual Star Wars movies

neo_dragon
what about heir to the empire, dark force rising, and the last command, since they were reportedly the first lucas-authorized continuation of the saga?

yerssot
why not immediatly pick Splinter Of The Minds Eye?

Rogue Jedi
splinter of the minds eye? pardon me....zzzzzzzzzzzzz laughing laughing laughing

JediKatarn1
Some EU aspects will be adapted along with the fan ideas at SuperShadow.com for the final version of Episode 7-9.

.The Fallen Hero
.The Republic in Crisis
.Victory of the Force

The ST books will be written the end of next decade the time of May 2021, May 2024 and May 2027

Manslayer
Oh shut up already you moron. Can you actually prove what SS say is genuine? You cant

Spartan ll
Originally posted by JediKatarn1
Some EU aspects will be adapted along with the fan ideas at SuperShadow.com for the final version of Episode 7-9.

.The Fallen Hero
.The Republic in Crisis
.Victory of the Force

The ST books will be written the end of next decade the time of May 2021, May 2024 and May 2027 Shut the phuck up with your bullshit already, Corky Moron! Jesus Christ, how can anyone be so stupid? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Hord
Why is he resurrecting a thread from 2003? All he is doing is creating another argument that i bet a mod will have to close... But ignoring the moron..some of the eu like the thrawn trilogy would make a decent sequel.

exanda kane
Why finish what the PT started? Star Wars should have been kept in pristine condition in the first place.

Melcórë
I've read that Lucas apparently stated that the "Dark Empire" comic-series was the closest thing to his idea of a sequel trilogy.

JediKatarn1

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The horse comics, NJO, Dark Empire, Thawn Trilogy, Canon and other stuff doesn't represent George Lucas. Episode 7,8,9 on SS.com is what will be written come the end of next decade. TFH, TRIC and VOTF will be the Sequel Trilogy. Episode 7,8,9 focuses on the destruction of the dark side forever. The ST integrates and combines both Prequel Trilogy and Classic Trilogy characters in the sequel Trilogy. Episode 7-The Fallen Hero will be the most anticipated Star Wars movie come the end of the next decade. Some EU will be adapted for the ST but not all of EU.

Not that it really matters, but who exactly is "The Fallen Hero"? Luke? Han? Who exactly?

Melcórë
The horse comics, NJO, Dark Empire, Thawn Trilogy, Canon and other stuff doesn't represent George Lucas. Episode 7,8,9 on SS.com is what will be written come the end of next decade. TFH, TRIC and VOTF will be the Sequel Trilogy. Episode 7,8,9 focuses on the destruction of the dark side forever. The ST integrates and combines both Prequel Trilogy and Classic Trilogy characters in the sequel Trilogy. Episode 7-The Fallen Hero will be the most anticipated Star Wars movie come the end of the next decade. Some EU will be adapted for the ST but not all of EU.

stick out tongue

That's funny.
Oh, wait, you're serious. It's a good thing I don't listen to ponces.

JediKatarn1
Darth Vader,"Anakin Skywalker" is The Fallen Hero.

Darth Hord
(ignoring the moron) i heard the same thing that the dark empire was pretty close to a sequel i also lucas say similar things while praising the thrawn trilogy.

Manslayer
Darth Vader,"Anakin Skywalker" is The Fallen Hero. He is dead moron

JediKatarn1
Originally posted by Manslayer
He is dead moron

Yes I know Vader is dead but his legacy lives on and is perserved by the Dark Jedi, from what you will see come May 2021 in Episode 7. The Dark Jedi believed Luke and Vader should have ruled the galaxy as father and son and should have overthrown Emperor Palpatine. So they build clones, 1 of Vader and 1 of Luke. The Vader and Luke clones are built because Shindor and Spiden believe that is the most essential way to destroy the new Republic.

To be honest Darth Hord. I fully respect you and understand that you and your friends on the forum fell in love with those Star Wars EU books, NJO and Thawn Trilogy novels but most middle-aged and young teenagers today have never read or heard of those books. Like the Dark Empire novels and so forth. 14 years from now no one but your generation will hear of those books. Your generation does but not the generation in 14 yeras. The Episode 7,8,9 scripts on SS.com are only a paradigm or model of what to expect in 14 years. Yes parts of EU were adapted but little pieces add up to one big story. SuperShadow will add more to the Episode 7,8,9 scripts as we approach the next decade. What is on SS.com is only 1/4 of the story not a full 100%. Give it about 5 years you'll here more details of the Sequel Trilogy. It is too early yet for another Star Wars Trilogy.

Alkaselzer
No, Vader's legacy is carried on through his son, Luke, who rebuilds the Jedi Order.

You are full of fail.

JediKatarn1
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
No, Vader's legacy is carried on through his son, Luke, who rebuilds the Jedi Order.

You are full of fail.

Yes I know Vader's legacy is carried on through his son, but the Dark Jedi want to destroy Luke's new Jedi order so in order to do that the build 2 clones of Vader and Luke. The Fallen Hero's (Vader) prophacy is fulfilled that the galaxy should be ruled by father and son.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Yes I know Vader's legacy is carried on through his son, but the Dark Jedi want to destroy Luke's new Jedi order so in order to do that the build 2 clones of Vader and Luke. The Fallen Hero's (Vader) prophacy is fulfilled that the galaxy should be ruled by father and son.

Which Dark Jedi if it matters?

JediKatarn1
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Which Dark Jedi if it matters?

Shindor and Spiden the Dark Jedi leaders and adversaries of Episodes 7,8,9.

Atticus
yet another episode of cory vs the world

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Shindor and Spiden the Dark Jedi leaders and adversaries of Episodes 7,8,9.

Have these two ever appeared elsewhere?

Manslayer
Of course not. SS is a liar

Darth Hord
And they well never appear anywhere cause SS is full of sh*t as most of us know. And seeing as how this thread is being discussed again I say we all ignore Katarn and get back on topic.

Captain REX
I have to say, JediKatarn1, that this is actually not the topic for the thread, and so there is no need to bring unproven Supershadow gumf into this thread.

The topic is "What Expanded Universe novels would make a good trilogy post-ROTJ?"

Please stay on that topic and share your beliefs on "The Fallen Hero" where you have already mentioned it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.