Questions concerning Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
It is a given that Caedus was the second most powerful Sith in SW history. However, his knowledge came from Lumiya who really wasn't a Sith Lady/Lord. If he managed to gain access to any of Sidious's, Bane's, Revan's and some of the other great Sith Lord's teachings, would he have been unstoppable?

xxxpoppunker182
simply no.

Captain REX
Where is it a given that he is the second most powerful?

Incanus
Yeah, I would have said one of the more ancient sith would.... Maybe even Plageuis....... idk Plageuis is an uknown for know, until they write the book about him.

Hewhoknowsall
What's strange is that in a lot of the LOTF book in the parts of the book that focus on Caedus, we see that Caedus says that Exar Kun/Palpatine/etc.'s biggest mistakes were that they got too selfish and forgot that their purpose is to serve the galaxy and make it a better place. In other words, he fully believed that what he was doing was right. He also cared a lot about Allana, tried to save Isoldor, and rewarded people who served him well. So really, he's an anti-hero of sorts...from a certain point of view.

He wouldn't have been "unstoppable", but certainly very powerful, although he did say once that he studied the ancient sith, implying that he did have some of their teachings.

Incanus
So, if he hadnt done all that good stuff, saving people, rewards, etc. he would have just been a amniac like his grandfather? Anakin thought killing all the jedi was right.

"The sith are evil, Anakin!" "From my point of view the jedi are evil!" "Then you are lost!"

ROTS moive/novel I think, thats my source for that idea.

Lord Lucien
You failed the first quote.

truejedi
Originally posted by Captain REX
Where is it a given that he is the second most powerful?

i was waiting for someone to point this out. A thread founded on a fallacy.

Wolverine2179
Some only conclude that caedus is the 2nd strongest. Personally i don't know much of him to give him a placing and i don't care.

Caedus never appealed to me as a true lord of the sith like vader, dooku, sidious, bane and exar etc etc.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
What's strange is that in a lot of the LOTF book in the parts of the book that focus on Caedus, we see that Caedus says that Exar Kun/Palpatine/etc.'s biggest mistakes were that they got too selfish and forgot that their purpose is to serve the galaxy and make it a better place. In other words, he fully believed that what he was doing was right. He also cared a lot about Allana, tried to save Isoldor, and rewarded people who served him well. So really, he's an anti-hero of sorts...from a certain point of view.

He wouldn't have been "unstoppable", but certainly very powerful, although he did say once that he studied the ancient sith, implying that he did have some of their teachings.

Falling to the Dark Side does not make you an anti-hero, it makes you a villain. Anakin thought that what he was doing was right, after all. Doesn't make it okay!

Still don't think Caedus is the second most powerful Sith...

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Captain REX
Falling to the Dark Side does not make you an anti-hero, it makes you a villain. Anakin thought that what he was doing was right, after all. Doesn't make it okay!

True, but Caedus did do a lot of good things. He had a family that he (gasp!) actually cared about, meaning that he wasn't totallly heartless, was shocked and dismayed after he tortured to death whoever Boba's son/daughter was (forgot name), tried to save Isoldor, stated several times that he didn't want to become a monster like Exar Kun/Palpatine, etc. Of course, he also did things that aren't so noble too, but he wasn't pure evil.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
True, but Caedus did do a lot of good things. He had a family that he (gasp!) actually cared about, meaning that he wasn't totallly heartless, was shocked and dismayed after he tortured to death whoever Boba's son/daughter was (forgot name), tried to save Isoldor, stated several times that he didn't want to become a monster like Exar Kun/Palpatine, etc. Of course, he also did things that aren't so noble too, but he wasn't pure evil.

No he wasnt, but not being 'pure evil' doesn't make him an anti-hero.

A being can have some positive aspects to their character and still be evil.

Incanus
Caedus is evil cuz he is not good.

Lord Lucien
And good is dumb.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And good is dumb.

Then why is Luke Skywalker (who is good) still around while all his enemies (who are evil) are dead?

Sounds to me like evil is the dumb one.

truejedi
evil are dumb.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Then why is Luke Skywalker (who is good) still around while all his enemies (who are evil) are dead?

Sounds to me like evil is the dumb one. ... Jesus, man. Come on.

SIDIOUS 66

Sounds to me like evil is the dumb one.

Because he hasn't died yet.

Oh wait, he is dead.

Slash_KMC
Or he is always kidding, or he is always serious. I'm leaning towards the latter.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Because he hasn't died yet.

Oh wait, he is dead.

Not at present. At present he's alive and kicking.

If you're referring to 'Legacy,' that's set in the future.

Besides, considering how many evil beings Luke has defeated, clearly they are the dumb ones since they keep losing.

Slash_KMC
Not at present. At present he's alive and kicking.

If you're referring to 'Legacy,' that's set in the future.

Besides, considering how many evil beings Luke has defeated, clearly they are the dumb ones since they keep losing.

Okay, I'm gonna go with this flow of seriousness.

Nah uh! I say good is dumb because Sidious and a handful of evil guys almost destroyed the entire Jedi Order. And Luke is also dumb because if evil didn't spare him in TESB, he would already be dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.