Traviss leaves Star Wars!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ares834
The best news I have heard in a while. Thank you Clone Wars!

Enjoy!

Captain REX
Thank the Maker. About time someone put her in her place. If her response is to quit Star Wars, I'm all for it.

Tsal Can
Oh no!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

How will we go on....

Eminence
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rfS6HhQ4p5E/R0yhftK-YiI/AAAAAAAAAJs/hGA0Pkle-Ns/s400/Happy%2BBatman.jpg

BruceSkywalker
I wanted her to stay.. laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

truejedi
well, does this mean we will never hear about boba fett again?

Lord Lucien
Hopefully. Him and his 3 million brothers.

truejedi
his 3 million brothers that carried on a galaxy-wide conflict.

xxxpoppunker182
I don't wanna read it can someone sum it up for me?

Captain REX
Lazy.

Basically, contradicts in canon from the Clone Wars television show have overwritten whatever it was that Traviss was playing on throwing our way with future books regarding the clones (or something). Instead of rewriting her works to work around whatever ruined her glorious plans, she called it quits.

chilled monkey
That is a shame, I'm sorry to hear that. She wrote some great stuff.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chilled monkey
That is a shame, I'm sorry to hear that. She wrote some great stuff.

yeah she did, i was so waiting to hear about Boba's next great adventures... Now I don't know what I'm gonna do sad sad laughing laughing laughing

chilled monkey
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yeah she did, i was so waiting to hear about Boba's next great adventures... Now I don't know what I'm gonna do sad sad laughing laughing laughing

You have my sympathies.

Personally though I don't care about Boba. I liked her stories with Callista. "No Prisoners" was awesome.

Tsal Can
I think he was using sarcasm.

ares834
I was chekin gout a review on "Invincible" and actually loled at several parts.

And my favorite...

Gideon
When I was given this lovely bit of news, I had an immediate erection.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Tsal Can
I think he was using sarcasm.

I know. I was humouring him.

I was totally serious about this part though:-

"Personally though I don't care about Boba. I liked her stories with Callista. "No Prisoners" was awesome."

And to be honest I don't like the PT-era Jedi Order either. That's why I enjoyed "No Prisoners."

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by ares834
I was chekin gout a review on "Invincible" and actually loled at several parts.

For the record,Karen Traviss didn't write Invincible.

Vorpal Ruin
Now we will never know Boba Fett's real identity; the True Sith.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I know. I was humouring him.

I was totally serious about this part though:-

"Personally though I don't care about Boba. I liked her stories with Callista. "No Prisoners" was awesome."

And to be honest I don't like the PT-era Jedi Order either. That's why I enjoyed "No Prisoners."

I knew you were.. Now that she is gone, I hope her replacement is a vast improvement

Agent White
Thank the Lord that she's gone.

Hallelujah, perhaps we can now return to good Star Wars writing, as in, pre-NJO quality.

Gideon
Personally, when I consider things objectively, I don't find Traviss to be the Anti-Christ of Star Wars literature. Am I glad she's gone? The answer would have to be a vehement "hell yes!" but not necessarily because I think she is incapable of quality material.

Her Mandalorian fetish did yield some excellent characterizations to an otherwise two dimensional group of warriors. She knows how to write compelling action, and her take on Pellaeon is superb.

There are two major problems with her writing however that negate all of the possibilities and potential, and both problems tend to be intertwined. The first problem is what SD.net has dubbed "Mandowank" and the second would be her ridiculous, embittered loathing for the Jedi.

She is retarded and it is my most fervent wish to address her in person, to share with her my revelation about how retarded she really is.

truejedi
Also, dont' forget, she killed Pellaen. He's dead. Not coming back. Never going to do anymore awesome, stately, strategic things, and its all because of her.

Lord Lucien
Was it her who made the genocidal Daala the Chief of State? F*ck's up with that?

ares834
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
For the record,Karen Traviss didn't write Invincible.
Oops... I meant "Revelation".

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Was it her who made the genocidal Daala the Chief of State? F*ck's up with that?

no

Lord Lucien
Whoever did should quit too. Seriously, da f*ck?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.