Risk Calculator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

That ACDC Chick
do you think you could survive a zombie attack???
can you protect your loved ones???
what would you do if the dead were walking the streets trying to take chunks out of your hide???

go to: http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/worldwarz/index2.php, click on "Calculate Risk" and see if you have what it takes to survive a zombie apocalypse

AbnormalButSane
36%

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Rogue Jedi
World War Z FTW haermm

41%, bogus. No questions about how many guns I have access to, or the survival gear my father has here.

Kostabot
39%

Not too bad I guess

gefallen_engel
37%

thebeast
29 percent.

Dang.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
33%
...ah well. we all have to die sometime.

~Wålshy~
100%

yeah *****

§P0oONY
49%

Wittig
47%

-Mairuzu

**** wittig

Mairuzu
bitches be using mah comp ha-son

MildPossession
42% Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Rogue Jedi
Shit, I'd have assault rifles, shotguns, survival gear, a 4x4 truck, and a cabin in the woods with burglar bars to live in. I think my odds are far better than 41%.

lil bitchiness
36% sad

Rogue Jedi
You suck!!!! Wanna roll with me?

Strangelove
34%

Selphie
40%

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
You suck!!!! Wanna roll with me?

Yes. Together we have 77% chance to get somewhere.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yes. Together we have 77% chance to get somewhere. Can you cook? haermm

lil bitchiness
Can you cook? haermm

My boyfriend is a chef. We'll bring him along.
But if something happens on the way, I am more than adequate at cooking.

thumbsupdur

Rogue Jedi
My boyfriend is a chef. We'll bring him along.
But if something happens on the way, I am more than adequate at cooking.

thumbsupdur eek! Chef!!!

Honestly, anyone that rolls with me'll be safe. House by the lake with barred windows and doors, lotsa guns, survival gear and a boat. yes

dadudemon
Mine says 49%, but I didn't like some of the answers.

I would plan a boat trip to an uninhabited Pacific island because it is less likely that someone would go to that island than say, an Atlantic island. Much more travel occurs over the Atlantic than does the Pacific. It is more likely that people will flock to and inhabit any Atlantic island as opposed to a Pacific Island. Also, the Island I choose would be less likely to encounter hurricanes than the Atlantic island.

I have very few Windows in my dwelling and only one door, minus the garage door.

I have tall fence wooden fence, without gaps, surrounding the majority of my property, as well.

The children would be a negative, and so would the wife, as they are, the three of them, weak and slow. Seriously. But I have double the strength of the average man...and probably then some, so I can make up for it.

However, I may have a hard time staying alive for a long period of time as I am so far inland. If it's something like 28 days later, then I could easily survive it out.

The test also doesn't take into consideration the individual's ability to kill someone before they "turn." I wouldn't hesitate as it would have been discussed from the onset that that's how we would things in my small group.

§P0oONY
2 sets of eyes is always better than one if you're working together... It's not all about strength.

Scarlet Fox

dadudemon

Hevepovi
78%

haha, i'd be willing to increase my party size and let some of you roll with me if you have low percentages, although not too low, because i don't want your low percentage bringing down mine

dadudemon

lil bitchiness
eek! Chef!!!

Honestly, anyone that rolls with me'll be safe. House by the lake with barred windows and doors, lotsa guns, survival gear and a boat. yes

It is settled then. I iz rollin' wiv youz once we get zombie invaded.

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by Selphie
40%

Rogue Jedi

Scarlet Fox
...... whats the point in telling everyone how to score a 95%? the point is to see your own Percentage. Not a percentage you fabricate.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
...... whats the point in telling everyone how to score a 95%? the point is to see your own Percentage. Not a percentage you fabricate.

Haha!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox

Knowing how the test is broken down opens it up to scrutiny. It removes the superficial entertainment value and adds another dimension of evaluation: your own.

Rather than being the subject of evaluation, you become the evaluator of not only yourself, but of the test and the author/s of the test.

Knowing the results, can you now answer honestly, or have I tained the question pool?

Why would you read the entire thread before taking the test on your own? Is not the first 2 or 3 posts enough to satisfy that there is not "trap" in the link (Or any other form of trickery)? By reading further, you already already ruined the tests "newness" and it is you who ruined the test for yourself, not I. wink

Rogue Jedi
Dude, excellent physical condition? You told me you needed to lose at least 20 pounds haermm

dadudemon
Dude, excellent physical condition? You told me you needed to lose at least 20 pounds haermm

These are relative. I would consider "excellent" a relative category. Since there are three categories, I assume it means less than or equal to 33% of the population for the lowest, greater than but less than 66% of the pupulation for average (which would be very close to correct), or greater than 66% of the population, when it comes to standard measures of physical ability. (Strength, speed, agility, measures against own body weight like situps and pullupts, etc.)

I probably fall closer to 99%, even being 20lbs too fat. no expression

You don't need a six pack to be in good physical condition. wink

Rogue Jedi
What is your primary source of news?

Internet. I read MSN every day at least half a dozen times.

How often do you seek out the news?

All the time.

Profession?

White collar.

Special skills/Qualifications

Wilderness Survival, disaster preparedness.

Experience with firearms?

This question is shit because it doesn't ask what type of firearms one has access to, or how good a shot they are, or how well they can maintain them. I changed my choice to Pro because although I only own two guns, I am a damn good shot and can take apart just about any rifle and clean it. Plus my dad has a fecking arsenal.

Physical condition?

Average.

Living situation?

I put Suburban,

Location?

I put western states, but I live in Texas. No option for Texas.

My domicile?

Apartment.

My domiciles potential for self sufficiency?

Adequate.

Which of the following criteria for defensibility apply to your domicile?

Reinforced wall, barred shutters, windows and doors.

Is your domicile above the snowline?

Yes. WTF kind of question is this?

Relationship with neighbors?

Neutral. Agian, wtf? why?

Region to escape to?

Canadian Arctic. Cold. Zombies dont like the cold?

Land escape method of transportation

Automobile. 4x4 truck with ATV's.

Size of escape party?

10 or fewer.

Escape destination?

Antarctica

Boat?

No, but I selected yes, because my dad owns one that's on the water as we speak, and I have a set of keys for it.

Description of vessel?

Fossil fuel powered.

Sea travel experience?

Recreational.

Live near the ocean?

Yes, Gulf of Mexico.

haermm 44%

dadudemon

All the time.

Profession?

White collar.

This question is shit because it doesn't ask what type of firearms one has access to, or how good a shot they are, or how well they can maintain them. I changed my choice to Pro because although I only own two guns, I am a damn good shot and can take apart just about any rifle and clean it. Plus my dad has a fecking arsenal.

Physical condition?

Average.

Living situation?

I put Suburban,

Location?

My domicile?

Apartment.

Adequate.

Region to escape to?

Size of escape party?

10 or fewer.

Escape destination?

Antarctica

Boat?

No, but I selected yes, because my dad owns one that's on the water as we speak, and I have a set of keys for it.

Description of vessel?

Fossil fuel powered.

Sea travel experience?

Recreational.

Live near the ocean?

Yes, Gulf of Mexico.

haermm 44%

Everyone point and laugh at RJ because he doesn't know what the snowline is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_line

laughing

And, being really close to your neighbors is really important.

BTW, friendly /= friends.

I'm friendly to people in Wal-Mart.

Communal means you share things and help each other out without expectations of compensation. This would be very important during disaster times. You should BRT with your neighbors because you never know when it will be important to have a helping neighbor.

And, you don't want any vehicles that use fossil fuels.

And, you'd want to avoid cold areas as it reduces your chances of survival. A human surviving in the artic or antartic is almost none.

lil bitchiness

All the time.

Profession?

White collar.

Physical condition?

Average.

Living situation?

I put Suburban,

Location?

My domicile?

Apartment.

Adequate.

Region to escape to?

Size of escape party?

10 or fewer.

Escape destination?

Antarctica

Boat?

Description of vessel?

Fossil fuel powered.

Sea travel experience?

Recreational.

Live near the ocean?

Yes, Gulf of Mexico.

haermm 44%

We're kinda going in the same directions. We are SO rollin togetha.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Everyone point and laugh at RJ because he doesn't know what the snowline is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_line

laughing

And, being really close to your neighbors is really important.

BTW, friendly /= friends.

I'm friendly to people in Wal-Mart.

Communal means you share things and help each other out without expectations of compensation. This would be very important during disaster times. You should BRT with your neighbors because you never know when it will be important to have a helping neighbor.

And, you don't want any vehicles that use fossil fuels.

And, you'd want to avoid cold areas as it reduces your chances of survival. A human surviving in the artic or antartic is almost none.

And how would being friendly with your neighbors increase your chances of survival? All it would accomplish is them saying "Well, he's dead, but man was he friendly." I would have my family to rely on and be with, **** my neighbors, buncha crack dealers.

Dude, my old man has a shitload of survival stuff, everything from tents to generators to cold weather gear. I know how to survive in the cold. I'd have all the survival gear one would need, firearms and ammo out the yazoo, ATV's, fishing poles, pretty much all I would need to survive. I can hunt, clean and cook an animal, same with fish.

And canned goods, the world will be in chaos, loot a grocery store for all the canned goods you need.

The test is complete bullshit. I'd say my odds of surviving depend entirely on me. If one knows what to wear in the cold, and can hunt/fish, surviving is easy.

BTW I know what a snow line is, but why is the question there?

Rogue Jedi
We're kinda going in the same directions. We are SO rollin togetha. Dat's rite, Lil, roll with me, if the zombies give us a hard time, you just permaban their ass haermm

lil bitchiness
Dat's rite, Lil, roll with me, if the zombies give us a hard time, you just permaban their ass haermm

I will delete them, with my awesome Goderator powers. NOBODY stands a chance.

Rogue Jedi
Really all I would need is my truck and my shotgun. I would drive to a local military surplus shop, load up on cold weather gear and camping gear. Then I would go to a local Wal Mart and stock up on canned goods, water, toiletries, fishing gear, generators, gas cans, batteries, etc;....Then a gun shop, take all the guns and ammo I can. I'd then drive back to where I live, which is a huge metal building with big ass metal doors that lock from the inside, a SWAT team would have trouble getting in there. If I need gas, I have one of those manual gas pumpers, so I would simply go to a corner store and take all the gas I want. Eventually I would move out of the city to a house on the lake that my Uncle owns, it's got burglar bars on every window and door, I'd be safe there, right on lake Livingston, with his boat. Go to a car dealer and have like four or five fully fueled vehicles on standby.

Yeah, I'd survive yes

CATMANEXE
couldnt finish the test. the options for answers were to minimal.
not that theres a such thing as a real zombie expert to give said tests. speaking of which, whats up with the gazillion survive a zombie attack threads all over the web,

anyways, ive survived on literally nothing many times, for very long periods of time, wilderness, city, desert, you name it. i know how to use and make weapons. i know how to feed myself when food isnt available. i know how to make explosives and alcohol. i know how to survive. if a zombie apocalypse has an end, i would make. if they never stop coming, eventually no one would.

the.kenzo
40%

Mr. Rhythmic
31%. That quiz was stupid. The basic thing was "If you don't live near water, you're screwed".

Rogue Jedi
I will survive, hey hey.....

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
31%. That quiz was stupid. The basic thing was "If you don't live near water, you're screwed".

No. That is incorrect. The question that asks if you live near the ocean has NO weight on your final score. It is a red herring.

However, if you have a boat, it increases your score by 10%.

Insomniatric
57%.

I am awesome. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.