Problem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
A random chipmunk has entered my house and it's spazzing around like a b!tch.
I need to catch it and put it out but I have no idea how to do it.

I need genuine help, and suggestions please! A HUMANE suggestions. I don't want to poison it, smash it with something, get it stuck on glue trap or any other such thing.

Thank you.

Symmetric Chaos
Call animal control. You don't want to get close to a small, frightened animal.

If you can't do that you could try putting a trashcan or laundry basket and moving it toward a door.

lil bitchiness
I'm trying to cover it with a towel, but its spazing out. I opened the door but it won't go there, it's just moving from one small space to another....

I don't know if I should just leave it there until tomorrow or something and then call animal control...

Darth Jello
Can I just say that this may be the most adorable problem ever?

lil bitchiness
It is a very cute little animal, I must say. It's fluffy!

BruceSkywalker
do u have anything to feed it?

Darth Jello
I'm sorry, it's hard to be serious about this. I think if i had a chipmunk in my house i'd probably just want to ask it to live in my attic and give it a hug.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
do u have anything to feed it?
I don't even know what they eat. And I'm scared because I have a cat and it cannot be in the house, or near the house till I get it out.
Will cat attack it? Anyone know?

Originally posted by Darth Jello
I'm sorry, it's hard to be serious about this. I think if i had a chipmunk in my house i'd probably just want to ask it to live in my attic and give it a hug.

That is so cute!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I don't even know what they eat. And I'm scared because I have a cat and it cannot be in the house, or near the house till I get it out.
Will cat attack it? Anyone know?

I don't think your cat will.. but to be on the safe side can u put your cat outside or have your cat sleep on the floor in your romm

Darth Jello
The first thing you should do is put on long sleeves, gloves, and long pants should be tucked into your shoes. It's a wild mammal so no matter how cute it is, it could still give you something via a bite or scratch. Your best bet for a lure would probably be a pine cone smothered in peanut butter with nuts, especially pecans and almonds stuck into the peanut butter. try to stay calm and don't freak the chipmunk out.

Darth Jello
I checked the old OSI manual and it says chipmunks don't like the smell of dried blood and are also sensitive to capsaisin. So if you have any raw meat or pepper sauce, i would try that around doors leading to inside the house and around things they could eat. also, keep your doors and windows open.

lil bitchiness
Thanks for that Darth Jello!
I'll get on it.

My doors and windows are still open - and there is a huge ****ing moth/night butterfly thing that came in, its hairy and disgusting, and MASSIVE.

Oh my god, its so repulsive, and I don't know where it flew now! I cannot chase the chipmunk while there is that beast flying about...

This is the worst night ever...

KidRock
Name is Alvin and have it as a pet. Chipmunks need good homes too.

Darth Jello
don't chase the chipmunk.it'll just panic and run further into the house, just make it know that your home is not a comfortable place and that the exits are open. Chipmunks are scared of tall things and movement but they are not specifically scared by the scent or presence of humans so if some how you get it calm and distracted you might be able to pick it up. Do it while wearing canvass gloves and always pick it up from the bottom with your hand wrapped around it's shoulders. NEVER BY THE SCRUFF OF ITS NECK. That's what the thing says.

BruceSkywalker
i wish i could make this night much better for you..

can u kill the moth first and then attend to the chipmunk?

Originally posted by KidRock
Name is Alvin and have it as a pet. Chipmunks need good homes too.

I was gonna suggest that big grin

lil bitchiness
don't chase the chipmunk.it'll just panic and run further into the house, just make it know that your home is not a comfortable place and that the exits are open. Chipmunks are scared of tall things and movement but they are not specifically scared by the scent or presence of humans so if some how you get it calm and distracted you might be able to pick it up. Do it while wearing canvass gloves and always pick it up from the bottom with your hand wrapped around it's shoulders. NEVER BY THE SCRUFF OF ITS NECK. That's what the thing says.

Dude, the chipmunk is somewhere in a small space between the oven and the wall. I am not getting anywhere near there, because every time it jumps, I jump with it.

Now please, I need the help with this moth, because I keep screaming cos it keeps flying about and its disturbing all other wild life I am trying to get rid of.

I never had this problem in England.

Darth Jello
Kill it. Swat it with a newspaper or a heavy magazine but try not to squish it so it's not messy and gross. Once it's in your home, it's migration pattern is typically so disturbed that it'll starve before it reaches its destination and you save it from starving to death. Is there a window in your kitchen?

Oh, and England or not, animals are everywhere and you're in their home too so sometimes stuff like this happens

BruceSkywalker
Dude, the chipmunk is somewhere in a small space between the oven and the wall. I am not getting anywhere near there, because every time it jumps, I jump with it.

Now please, I need the help with this moth, because I keep screaming cos it keeps flying about and its disturbing all other wild life I am trying to get rid of.

I never had this problem in England.

what part of England where you in?

lil bitchiness
Kill it. Swat it with a newspaper or a heavy magazine but try not to squish it so it's not messy and gross. Once it's in your home, it's migration pattern is typically so disturbed that it'll starve before it reaches its destination and you save it from starving to death. Is there a window in your kitchen?

Oh, and England or not, animals are everywhere and you're in their home too so sometimes stuff like this happens

Look at the size of this thing. I am not getting anywhere near it.
It's just on the floor trying to fly making a buzzing noise...

dadudemon
Use that sticky paper, fer realz.

It works GREAT!

Once it gets stuck, then you can kill it and throw it away or put it in the blender.

HOORAY!

You could leave a nut trail from that little space it is hiding in, out into the yard, then slam the door shut when it gets outside. You have to sing, "Hit the Road, Jack" as you do it, though, or it doesn't count.

You should probably kill it now, why you can still find it, because it could get stuck somewhere, die, and smell up your place. I am serious.

I don't see a way to do this, humanely. It's not a human...unless you've anthropomorphized it in your head already. Let me guess, you named it too?

Your cat, depending on how much of a mouser he or she is, may very well kill it. If the Chipmunk is large, and your cat is smallish, the cat will eat the head off, but leave the rest. I am dead serious. (No pun intended. K, it was intended...I'm not gonna lie.)

its hairy and disgusting, and MASSIVE.

shifty

Darth Jello
ew. really though, kill it. The moth that is.

lil bitchiness
The moth is dead. I think it got heart attack from jumping chipmunk and my screaming...but I ain't touching it till my boyfriend gets here.
And chipmunk is still behind the oven....if it didn't die from heart attack as well...

God, seriously...this is just ridiculous.

Darth Jello
you're not gonna try to lure it out with nuts and peanut butter?

lil bitchiness
I have penut butter but not any kind of nuts. Should I push the oven a little bit to get it to move elsewhere...or will that agitate it?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what part of England where you in?

Brighton and London. And Bradford when I was younger.

Darth Jello
don't crush it with your oven!

BruceSkywalker
Brighton and London. And Bradford when I was younger.

good places..

don't crush it with your oven!

agreed

chithappens
LMAO this woke me up. Damn, now I'm gonna be paranoid about leaving the door open.

How did it get inside the house again? Maybe I've been reading too fast

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by chithappens
LMAO this woke me up. Damn, now I'm gonna be paranoid about leaving the door open.

How did it get inside the house again? Maybe I've been reading too fast

I think it got through the window.

Basically we have that anti bug screen thing on it, however, few days back, I actually locked myself out of the house, and I had to go in through the window.

So in order to do that, I had to break the window-bug-and-other-small-animals-protector-screen-thingy to get in.

Today, I had my window open and I was in the kitchen (the window is in the room) and I think that the chipmunk got in through there.

Then I opened the doors and windows to try and get the chipmunk OUT but then this flying moth beast came in instead...

Darth Jello
If I were in your situation, I would keep it open and form a relationship with the chipmunk. It would help with my depression, plus chicks dig small cute mammals.

jaden101
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/53923575_31aa4e77ee.jpg

Also available in snack size.

Rogue Jedi
It is a very cute little animal, I must say. It's fluffy! And probably rabid.

chithappens
I think it got through the window.

Basically we have that anti bug screen thing on it, however, few days back, I actually locked myself out of the house, and I had to go in through the window.

So in order to do that, I had to break the window-bug-and-other-small-animals-protector-screen-thingy to get in.

Today, I had my window open and I was in the kitchen (the window is in the room) and I think that the chipmunk got in through there.

Then I opened the doors and windows to try and get the chipmunk OUT but then this flying moth beast came in instead...

Sounds like something right out of Arrested Development. If you don't watch the show, you should.

You would feel better laughing

Mindship
Put out a saucer of beer.

Robtard
Originally posted by chithappens
Sounds like something right out of Arrested Development. If you don't watch the show, you should.

You would feel better laughing

Hands down one of the best written shows. Shame it ended so early, was comedic gold.

There's a movie being made, based on the show.

siriuswriter
try the nut idea. do you have peanuts or cashews in your house? put a saucer of nuts outside the open door, then just sort of 'oops!' spill it carefully piece by piece to the saucer, which is outside, and then close the door. the worst thing that can happen is a little chipmunk poo on your floor or a saucer stolen by nature.

do you have any pesticide? not necessarily like manufacturing 'kill the bug! kill the bug!' stuff, but like off?, or some kind of stuff you'd put on if you were going outside in a mosquito infested room. try to get the spray kind - then aim it at the bug, which will dislodge it, and kind of usher it to an open window with the spray. then you should probably either : get your place sprayed for pests, or learn to live with your windows closed. it was probably attracted by the light, so another thing you could do is turn on the porch light and turn off your house lights, and your house no longer has what it came in for, so it'll leave.

or you could just shut yourself in you room and wait until morning and see if the problems haven't taken care of themselves.

eta: wow, i'm probably waaay too late. anyway, hope you got rid of them!

MildPossession
It's quite simple really. It's the Chipmunk's house now, so all you have to do is move out. He/She owns it. So bla. Should be grateful it thought your house was worthy!

If I was near, I could have got the moth out for you, LOVE moths, always picking them up here to put them outside. Beautiful creatures.

stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by siriuswriter
try the nut idea. do you have peanuts or cashews in your house? put a saucer of nuts outside the open door, then just sort of 'oops!' spill it carefully piece by piece to the saucer, which is outside, and then close the door. the worst thing that can happen is a little chipmunk poo on your floor or a saucer stolen by nature.

do you have any pesticide? not necessarily like manufacturing 'kill the bug! kill the bug!' stuff, but like off?, or some kind of stuff you'd put on if you were going outside in a mosquito infested room. try to get the spray kind - then aim it at the bug, which will dislodge it, and kind of usher it to an open window with the spray. then you should probably either : get your place sprayed for pests, or learn to live with your windows closed. it was probably attracted by the light, so another thing you could do is turn on the porch light and turn off your house lights, and your house no longer has what it came in for, so it'll leave.

or you could just shut yourself in you room and wait until morning and see if the problems haven't taken care of themselves.

eta: wow, i'm probably waaay too late. anyway, hope you got rid of them!

Thank you for the advice! I ended up getting it outside, but it took some time and moth killing.

Originally posted by MildPossession
It's quite simple really. It's the Chipmunk's house now, so all you have to do is move out. He/She owns it. So bla. Should be grateful it thought your house was worthy!

If I was near, I could have got the moth out for you, LOVE moths, always picking them up here to put them outside. Beautiful creatures.

stick out tongue
Seriously, moths are THE creepiest insects there are. I think moths and cockroaches gross me out the most.

MildPossession
But they are fluffy and cute! Moths that is. I mean look at this, how is this creepy:

http://www.cirrusimage.com/Moths/Polyphemus_moth_big.JPG

lil bitchiness
Ok well, the chipmunk is out of the house.

We trapped him with a towel, and since there were two of us, me and my boyfriend, the hunt was a lot more of a success. It was so scared, the poor thing, but it got released, so that will teach it to get inside people's houses.
Seriously, it is such a cute little animal.

And I think this chipmunk is what ate my tomatoes outside! I wanted to set up one of those cage traps to see what was eating my tomatoes, but my boyfriend was scared we could catch a skunk and noone wanted to risk being peed on by it.
There is probably some chipmunk poo behind the oven as well...

lil bitchiness
But they are fluffy and cute! Moths that is. I mean look at this, how is this creepy:

http://www.cirrusimage.com/Moths/Polyphemus_moth_big.JPG

cry you mean hairy! Oh that sends shiver down my spine...

WhoopeeDee
This is why we keep guns in houses. I would have blasted the critter to Kingdom Come. Dare get into my property....

But since you want it other ways....next time play the stereo really loud...that will scare it away. OR grab some pepper and throw it at him.

Darth Jello
you would fire a loaded gun at a small animal hiding behind an appliance that might have a gas line? I think you'd blow yourself to kingdom come

WhoopeeDee
Right between the eyes my good man...well, too off topic...sorry.

Darth Jello
yes because apart from how morally wrong it is, you know that a small mammal requires a high-powered fire arm to penetrate their soft, downey kevlar fur.

WhoopeeDee
Oh well, you call PETA and I will call the NRA. Even Steven in my eyes.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
Oh well, you call PETA and I will call the NRA. Even Steven in my eyes.

PETA would kill it too...

lil bitchiness
How could anyone want to shoot it?

http://bigaction.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451edfd69e20105365fb7f1970b-800wi
http://www.countrylivingskills.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/chipmunk.jpg

Peach
...AWWWWWWWWW.

I love cute little fluffy animals big grin When I was a kid we had a chipmunk that lived under the deck in our backyard and we'd feed him seeds and nuts and stuff. So cute.

Good thing the cat didn't eat it, though. My cat has a habit of dismembering mice, and spent far too long attempting to hunt the gerbil we had through the sides of the tank.

Darth Jello
well, apart from being cute, I was simply pointing out that he wanted to kill a tiny animal located near a gas line with a gun. By that line of thinking, it makes me think that he clips his toenails with a chain saw, brushes his teeth with a power sander, and crushes brazil nuts with pianos set up on intricate pulley systems.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Peach
...AWWWWWWWWW.

I love cute little fluffy animals big grin When I was a kid we had a chipmunk that lived under the deck in our backyard and we'd feed him seeds and nuts and stuff. So cute.

Good thing the cat didn't eat it, though. My cat has a habit of dismembering mice, and spent far too long attempting to hunt the gerbil we had through the sides of the tank.
happy
Awww, cute! My cat is lazy - there is a basement filled with mice and it does nothing. ermm silly cat!

well, apart from being cute, I was simply pointing out that he wanted to kill a tiny animal located near a gas line with a gun. By that line of thinking, it makes me think that he clips his toenails with a chain saw, brushes his teeth with a power sander, and crushes brazil nuts with pianos set up on intricate pulley systems.

True, however cuteness in this instant blinds all other points about imminent explosion and death.
Look at it! It has tiny little cute hands!

MildPossession
I just find it amusing that a grown man needs or wants to use a gun to get rid of such an animal out of his house... stick out tongue

Aww look it's eating a grape.

BackFire
I know, why use a gun?

I would have used my cock.

mechmoggy
Well that'll certainly work, I can smell that thing from here. Toxic warfare at its worst. sick

I don't know what's funnier in this thread...lil's home invader problem, or the fact that someone suggested Bradford is a cool place to live!

big grin

WhoopeeDee
Earlier I was only kidding about shooting the animal.

Now, that I see a picture of it.....

...I really want to shoot it out of existence. Gawd! Too cute to be real...must be the work of the Devil.

Anywhoo....look at those cheeks. I think he's about to say:

"Whatchoo talking about Willis?"

BruceSkywalker
How could anyone want to shoot it?

http://bigaction.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451edfd69e20105365fb7f1970b-800wi
http://www.countrylivingskills.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/chipmunk.jpg

no, don't kill the cute and furry animal..

build a little house for it, name it and feed it everyday.. big grin

MildPossession
It already had a house before it was scared away! a nice big house too for all its family.

Exactly!

BackFire
I would use my cock on you as well, MP.

That's right.

lil bitchiness
Is there a problem your cock cannot solve?

Dr. Leg Kick
A random chipmunk has entered my house and it's spazzing around like a b!tch.
I need to catch it and put it out but I have no idea how to do it.

I need genuine help, and suggestions please! A HUMANE suggestions. I don't want to poison it, smash it with something, get it stuck on glue trap or any other such thing.

Thank you. Hey gorgeous, ignore the chipmunk and let's mingle.

BruceSkywalker
It already had a house before it was scared away! a nice big house too for all its family.

now it needs a brand new house with flowers and grass stick out tongue

BackFire

If there is I've not encountered it.

Nemesis X
Evil Nem's way on how to deal with chipmunks:

Step #1: Put some Peanut Butter on a mouse trap.

Step #2: Watch that little sucker squeel in agony.

Step #3: If it's still alive, drop its twitching body outside and hope that it's capable of walking and if it isn't oh well.

Don't be giving me that look, you thought the same thing.

Nemesis X'es way on how to get a chipmunk out of a house:

I would just put on a rubber glove, grab the chipmunk, and drop it outside.

If you can, ignore what Evil Nem said.

Peach
...um.

What the ****.

no expression

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Peach
...um.

What the ****.

no expression

Don't get me wrong, I do like chipmunks but I find puppies even cuter.

Darth Jello
LB, you should move to the Wyoming wilderness and let a Pika invade your house, they're even better.

Corran
Originally posted by BackFire

Oh Lordy, Lord, Backfire is a Mod, we're doomed! rolling on floor laughing

GCG
http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/SUE/SUE104/box-trap_~BWBW1411.jpg

Peanut Butter Bait. You'll catch it n no time

mechmoggy

dadudemon

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by dadudemon
A turd?

You have to freeze it first. It will just squish if you don't freeze it.

Trust him. The man speaks from personal experience. laughing

inimalist
Originally posted by mechmoggy
but only 1/8" thick

wow, sucks to be you

dadudemon
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Trust him. The man speaks from personal experience. laughing

shifty

BackFire
Originally posted by Corran
Oh Lordy, Lord, Backfire is a Mod, we're doomed! rolling on floor laughing

Corran!!

lil bitchiness
LB, you should move to the Wyoming wilderness and let a Pika invade your house, they're even better.

My god, they're just a big ball of fluffy softness!

Darth Jello
They're related to bunnies. They also have a squeeky bark that sounds like & quot;PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
H!!"

~JP~

Originally posted by BackFire

BEST

POST EXCHANGE

EVER laughing

mechmoggy
And I think this chipmunk is what ate my tomatoes outside!

Things could be worse lil, you could still be here in blighty!

The summer has been just awful here, and my 'matoes still haven't grown properly. sad

GCG
Inquisitve squirrel here

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Strange-News/Squirrel-Steals-Show-In-Holiday-Photo-By-Couple-In-National-Park-In-Canada/Article/200908215360057? lpos=Strange_News_Second_Home_Page_Feature_Teaser_
Region_0& amp;lid=ARTICLE_15360057_Squirrel_Steals_Show_In_H
oliday_Photo_By_Couple_In_National_Park_In_Canada

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by GCG
Inquisitve squirrel here

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Strange-News/Squirrel-Steals-Show-In-Holiday-Photo-By-Couple-In-National-Park-In-Canada/Article/200908215360057? lpos=Strange_News_Second_Home_Page_Feature_Teaser_
Region_0& amp;lid=ARTICLE_15360057_Squirrel_Steals_Show_In_H
oliday_Photo_By_Couple_In_National_Park_In_Canada

Haha!! Cute!

vinuva
I like to take land scape photos. But not well good in taking photos.

mechmoggy
Ha! I've managed to capture a picture of my tomato thief...

lil bitchiness

That is so cute!! Oh my god.

Sorry your tomatoes didn't grow Mech sad but at least they were not eaten by a spastick chipmunk stick out tongue

Who is that little girl?

inimalist

solution?

razor wire smile

mechmoggy
That is so cute!! Oh my god.

Sorry your tomatoes didn't grow Mech sad but at least they were not eaten by a spastick chipmunk stick out tongue

Who is that little girl?

That's Molly, my eldest daughter who's 3.

I keep getting toms on all those plants, but she takes great pleasure in taking them off and bringing them in to show me! Bless her little cotton socks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
That's Molly, my eldest daughter who's 3.

I keep getting toms on all those plants, but she takes great pleasure in taking them off and bringing them in to show me! Bless her little cotton socks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ahahahahahaha!! That is hilarious.

It's cute though...

Nemesis X
Did you get the chipmunk out of the house yet?

lil bitchiness
Yeah, it is out. My boyfriend help me catch it, AND I think it was it that was picking my tomatoes outside, too.

Well it was chipmunk or the weasel...both cute though!

mechmoggy
Weasels? chipmunks? ...are you living in a Beatrix Potter book?

big grin

lil bitchiness
Weasels? chipmunks? ...are you living in a Beatrix Potter book?

big grin

Wanan come join meh? stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker

If Mechmoggy doesn't can I? stick out tongue big grin

mechmoggy

Abso-friggin-lutely, babeh! eek!

Darth Jello
Well, my theory is that male or female, what someone looks for in a partner is someone who attracts and then makes friends with small mammals. Just don't attract any Platypuses, LB. They're venomous.

inimalist
Well, my theory is that male or female, what someone looks for in a partner is someone who attracts and then makes friends with small mammals. Just don't attract any Platypuses, LB. They're venomous.

however, as a strange bit of evolution, the venom is not used in hunting or for defense, but rather in combat over mates smile

Darth Jello
And is absolutely horrible. There haven't been any proven deaths, but it's theoretically possible.

inimalist
lol, and wouldn't that be the most embarassing way to die?

"Man killed in platypus encounter"

Darth Jello
It's horrifically painful and can last half a year.

inimalist
laughing out loud

§P0oONY
Looks like she is snorting coke off a leaf.

mechmoggy
It's horrifically painful and can last half a year.

So...just like sex with Backfire then?! eek!

Darth Jello
Are you saying he likes to cut his astroglyde with seratonin, mace, and icy hot?

mechmoggy
*Writes down recipe*

inimalist
Are you saying he likes to cut his astroglyde with seratonin, mace, and icy hot?

why serotonin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.