Shadow of the Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X

occultdestroyer
Betcha it won't be as good as the game.

Numerous games-to-film movies have failed miserably compared to their video game counterparts.

This game has one of the best storylines in the history of video games..
This will be another fail for sure.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Betcha it won't be as good as the game.

Numerous games-to-film movies have failed miserably compared to their video game counterparts.

This game has one of the best storylines in the history of video games..
This will be another fail for sure.

Well since the writer is the same one who wrote Legend of Chun Li, what makes you think this will be good in the first place? First Justin nearly ruins Street Fighter with a movie and now he's gonna do the same with SotC.

Why of all writers did Sony pick Justin? Hasn't Sony seen the critic response to Legend of Chun Li?

Oh Sony how you easily let your fans down sad . What's their next move, hiring Uwe Boll to make a Resistance movie?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Well since the writer is the same one who wrote Legend of Chun Li, what makes you think this will be good in the first place? First Justin nearly ruins Street Fighter with a movie and now he's gonna do the same with SotC.

Why of all writers did Sony pick Justin? Hasn't Sony seen the critic response to Legend of Chun Li?

Oh Sony how you easily let your fans down sad . What's their next move, hiring Uwe Boll to make a Resistance movie?

IMO, the story for the resistance games is extremely generic.

ToyChop
I've never played the game but watching the vids on YouTube are sick (I'd post links, but a delightful "You can't post links" screen pops up).

The script might be a crap shoot, but if the budget has a healthy slice carved out for CGI then it could have some impressive (and unique) visuals.

faithcooper78
My cousin loved this game and even his classmates too.

They are always playing at our house. I can say the game has a good

soundtrack, audio and design. Maybe I'll try this video game too!

Mr. Rhythmic
The moment I read about the writer, I gave up.

Scythe
Haha, Justin Marks

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
The moment I read about the writer, I gave up.

Who didn't?

Citan
Why don't they ever use the same writers who actually worked on the game whenever they adapt one into a movie?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Citan
Why don't they ever use the same writers who actually worked on the game whenever they adapt one into a movie?

Good question. I'm really not sure though. My guess is that Justin Marks is incredibly cheap to hire.

Ms.Marvel
because the writers of the game dont have to appeal to a movie audience. you can do thigns storyline wise in games and comic books that you cant get away with in movies. thats why adaptations almost always suck.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
because the writers of the game dont have to appeal to a movie audience. you can do thigns storyline wise in games and comic books that you cant get away with in movies. thats why adaptations almost always suck. Huh, things like what?

Not saying you are wrong, just genuinely curious.

This movie is sure to suck, considering the writer.

angelsoutfield
If they stick with the plot almost exactly from the game with minor big screen adaptations then this could be good, though i have to say I am dubious.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by NemeBro
Huh, things like what?

Not saying you are wrong, just genuinely curious.

This movie is sure to suck, considering the writer.

things like people for example. character personalities have more importance in a movie then in a game. a lot of people wouldnt want to spend two and a half hours watching a movie where the main character never spoke once. i wouldnt want to watch a KOTOR movie where revan never spoke or a halo movie where john didnt speak. but when youre playing the game it doesnt matter because in you mind youre the character. so what you think and feel is what the character is supposed to be thinking and feeling. its basically your story while in a movie youre watching someone elses story.

celestialdemon
I'm not too sure about this. Part of the fantastic experience of this game was the satisfaction of taking down a mammoth colossus. I don't know how they can possibly replicate that on film.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
things like people for example. character personalities have more importance in a movie then in a game. a lot of people wouldnt want to spend two and a half hours watching a movie where the main character never spoke once. i wouldnt want to watch a KOTOR movie where revan never spoke or a halo movie where john didnt speak. but when youre playing the game it doesnt matter because in you mind youre the character. so what you think and feel is what the character is supposed to be thinking and feeling. its basically your story while in a movie youre watching someone elses story. You need to start playing more than Kotor and Halo. no expression

Oh, and Revan DOES have a personality, history in SWverse shows he was a Gary Stu. 131

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.