Snake Eyes Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
The movie is finally out and it's been 3 days so I'll assume most of us have viewed it(how we viewed it I won't ask) so let's give the scene stealer of the film his first gauntlet, shall we.
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-3/gi-joe-movie-snake-eyes.jpg
Snake-Eyes' fellow Joe's are kidnapped and the only way for him to get them back is for him to kill the following individuals. His opponents get there standard equipment.

Setting: All fights are in an abandoned Nakatomi Building.

Snake-Eyes' Weapons
*Uzi 9mm
*FN Five-Seven pistol
*Katana
*2 Ninjato's(ninja sword)
*Supply of knives and shuriken

Gauntlet
1. Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu
2. Jason Bourne
3. Batman(Bale)
4. Rorschach
5. Nite-Owl
6. Ozymandias
7. Blade
8. Spider-Man

How far does he get or can he clear? Remember to employ and share your logic and reasons for coming to your decision. If you can also please explain how well he'd do at each stage.

Scythe
He can take Sulu, I think. Either hand to hand, or from long range with his guns. Sulu was impressive at close quarters, but not sure how his phaser can keep up with Snake Eyes.

I think he can topple Jason Bourne. Bourne seemed just a bit above peak human where Snake Eyes never relied on sheer force, but stealth and weapons, I think he can surely kill him.

Batman would be hard to say, since they're basically both ninjas. I'm still 50/50 at this. I think Batman can win cuz he would outsmart him, but I think SE can win cuz of his guns and skills using them.

Rorschach and Nite Owl, I think he can get past them, not easily, but barely gets by each one. Mostly because of Nite Owl's insane strength when he fought the top knots.

I think he stops at Ozy, no way he can keep up and slay him.

Blade, same as Nite Owl, barely escapes.

Spider-Man, no way in hell.

Wei Phoenix
You're going to assume that everyone has seen a movie that has only been out for three days? You could at least give some feats of Snake Eyes seeing as the majority of us have yet to see this movie.

Darth Martin
Sulu's blaster isn't anything like the diverse and powerful phasers from the regular Star Trek Universe. It's more in line of a blaster from Star Wars.

I think Snake-Eyes would rape Batman. He's more skilled, stronger, and faster. Batman just has his grenades and sticky bomb gun but I doubt he would connect with Snake-Eyes.

Nite Owl and Rorschach, admittedly, will be tough. Rorschach because of his wit and intelligence. Nite Owl because of his uber martial arts skills and brutalness.

I'm not sure Snake-Eyes could even get a slash at Veidt.

While I think Ozymandias is superior to Blade by a tad bit, Blade does have a ton of gear so...........

I agree with you on Spider-Man. I'm not seeing it either.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You're going to assume that everyone has seen a movie that has only been out for three days? You could at least give some feats of Snake Eyes seeing as the majority of us have yet to see this movie. I said I'd assume "most" of us have seen it. Which I think is fairly true. Most of the heavy hitters in here have commented about it already in the G.I. Joe thread in the Movie Forum.

Feats? He's pretty uberly skilled in martial arts, acrobatics, swordfighting, and in throwing shuriken. He's also an expert marksman. He's stealthy as hell and is always sneaking up on people. The movie hints at him being superhuman seeing as how he does that jumping stunt most have seen from the trailers and tv spots.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I said I'd assume "most" of us have seen it. Which I think is fairly true. Most of the heavy hitters in here have commented about it already in the G.I. Joe thread in the Movie Forum.

Feats? He's pretty uberly skilled in martial arts, acrobatics, swordfighting, and in throwing shuriken. He's also an expert marksman. He's stealthy as hell and is always sneaking up on people. The movie hints at him being superhuman seeing as how he does that jumping stunt most have seen from the trailers and tv spots.

Can you explain how he showcased his MA skills, swordfighting and stuff?

Darth Martin
MINOR SPOILERS

He slaughters dozens of Cobra who are like peak humans with state of the art bodyarmor and weapons with his sword. He is so good at h2h that he's the instructor at the Joe headquarters. Note that the Joe's are the best soldiers in the world. He pwns Duke. He's seen as quite a bit superior to Storm Shadow in there final fight scene. Even as a child he is uberly skilled.

Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are so adept at throwing shuriken they are able to ricochet them off objects like walls and still be able to kill there target. He has perfect body control as he's seen walking on his hands in a handstand position to avoid an alarm at a lengthspan of about 10-15 feet. He also pulls himself up with ease and mantains control when he's hanging off of a moving Hummer and midair car in Paris.

BruceSkywalker
Snake Eyes gets to Ozymandias

Darth Martin
Well, I take my Snake Eyes is superhuman statement back. He seems more peak human in my eyes.

KingD19
I want to know why Ozy is held in such high regards, he wailed on Nite Owl and Rorscharch, whoopty doo. He hasn't shown much else that would put him on the pedastal that everyone believe's he's on.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by KingD19
I want to know why Ozy is held in such high regards, he wailed on Nite Owl and Rorscharch, whoopty doo. He hasn't shown much else that would put him on the pedastal that everyone believe's he's on.

i don't hold him in high regards at all... I do believe Snake Eyes gets to him and after a nice fight Snake Eyes can squeek out a victory, IMO

Robtard

Besides being a high-end genius, having degres of super strength, speed and agility?

He'd stomp Snake Eyes, for one. Blade would too, as likely Niteowl.

KingD19
I'm not talking about his mental aspects, and Snake Eyes has shown degrees of strength and agility, like Embedding shuriken in metal, keeping up with a speeding hummer, and jumping and flipping around cars, then landing back on the hummer, etc...

Robtard
I'm not talking about his mental aspects, and Snake Eyes has shown degrees of strength and agility, like Embedding shuriken in metal, keeping up with a speeding hummer, and jumping and flipping around cars, then landing back on the hummer, etc...

Which Ozymandias beats in spades, in the strength, speed and agility categories too.

When Snake Eyes can catch a bullet, a knife, can pick up a 225lb man like he was a doll and kick a guy so hard he flies back 40+ feet, then sure.

Darth Martin
Veidt's status around here is justified. We have yet to rank Snake Eyes.

Mairuzu
He fell when he caught that bullet.. like a *****

Darth Martin
That's not the point. The feat is the fact that he caught it after the bullet was fired from the gun. The bullet would have went through his hand or perhaps shot it off if it wasn't for his armored glove.

Mairuzu
I'm just messin smile

Nightstick
The movie is finally out and it's been 3 days so I'll assume most of us have viewed it(how we viewed it I won't ask) so let's give the scene stealer of the film his first gauntlet, shall we.
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-3/gi-joe-movie-snake-eyes.jpg
Snake-Eyes' fellow Joe's are kidnapped and the only way for him to get them back is for him to kill the following individuals. His opponents get there standard equipment.

Setting: All fights are in an abandoned Nakatomi Building.

Snake-Eyes' Weapons
*Uzi 9mm
*FN Five-Seven pistol
*Katana
*2 Ninjato's(ninja sword)
*Supply of knives and shuriken

Gauntlet
1. Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu

Old school Sulu either phasers his ass on wide beam setting. If he tries to go hand to hand he doesn't last long, but does have some skill of his own and is handy with a foil. Reboot Sulu goes down pretty quick doesn'y have the skill or weapons to hang with Snake-Eyes.

2. Jason Bourne

Highly skilled, but doesn't have the weapons load or more superhuman feats, aside from durability where he has the Joe beat in spades. So Snake-Eyes has to work at it, but likely comes out the winner.

3. Batman(Bale)

Baleman goes down hard and fast.

4. Rorschach

Rory is tough, but lacks the skill or firepower of the Joe.

5. Nite-Owl

Nite is stronger and possibley just as skilled as 'Eyes, but again lack the firepower and gear that the Joe packs and so goes down, but makes Snake-Eyes work for it.

6. Ozymandias

Ozy may be able to dodge one bullet, but lets see him dodge 30+. Frankly though I am not entirely convinced he dodged the one bullet any way. He appears to be in motion before Spectre shoots and the way he rolls down the stairs he may have simply took the shot to the chest and palmed the bullet on the way down.

7. Blade

Blade is just as skilled, packs as much heat and is as far as we can tell considerible more durable and stronger.

8. Spider-Man

I can't see Snake-Eyes taking this one.

How far does he get or can he clear? Remember to employ and share your logic and reasons for coming to your decision. If you can also please explain how well he'd do at each stage.

He makes it to Blade. Who ends him.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Nightstick
He makes it to Blade. Who ends him. Bless your soul. Thanks for actually responding the way everyone should. smile

1. This is reboot Sulu. He doesn't have a phaser but he does have that blaster pistol and his collapsible katana. I agree with your assessment.
2. I think Bourne would give Snake Eyes a good fight. It's just that Snake Eyes is likely stronger and faster. I do agree with you on Bourne having superior durability.
3. Once again, Batman is on the unfortunate side of being in a realistic movie and going up against someone from a stylized universe. He does have firepower in his sticky bomb gun though.
4. Totally agree here. This would be a much better fight if both were unarmed. Let's not underestimate Walter's resourcefulness and tactics. But, yeah, most likely Snake Eyes wins.
5. IMO Nite Owl is clearly superior to Rorschach in skill, strength, durability, and speed. Rorschach is just smarter and tougher. I think Dan might have Snake Eyes' number here. He has that laser. I'd love to see a martial arts battle between these two but Nite Owl clearly has better physical stats. He's faster and hits harder.
6. Snake Eyes doesn't have a good chance here. If Nite Owl was difficult for him Veidt will be a ****ing monster. He's insanely skilled, smart, fast, and strong. He hits harder than Dan and is a smarter fighter than Rorschach. I like him here.
7. Blade had quantity over Veidt's quality of feats. But they're mostly the same beast. Veidt is smarter and Blade has loads of toys. Blade took on two vampire ninjas and beat them without going fully all-out.
8. I can't either.

I'll say he stops at either Nite Owl or Ozymandias.

Question: How do you think Snake Eyes would fair against Achilles or Troy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.