Wolverine 2 movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8604

Jackman Says Work on Wolverine 2 is Starting
Source:MTV
August 10, 2009

Hugh Jackman talked to MTV and confirmed that Wolverine 2 will take place in Japan.

"Japan is where we're heading, we're starting to work on it now. We're in the ... first steps of developing that story," Jackman said about adapting Frank Miller and Chris Claremont's story arc.

He added: "I think the fans love that saga. It's my favorite saga of the Wolverine stories."

And it will still suck because of Fox.

This should have been part of the the first movie.

starlock
Awesome!.....Fox...Smox.....i loved the first one..and i look forward to the second one cool

BruceSkywalker
I am glad Hugh Jackman is gonna do the Japan storyline or at the very least part of it.. I can't wait to see it

Indestructible
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I am glad Hugh Jackman is gonna do the Japan storyline or at the very least part of it.. I can't wait to see it

agreed.

roughrider
This has to be the last one, or he's not going to look convincing without photoshoping his mug for the camera.

steverules_2
They f*cked up the first one glare

SnakeEyes
This is going to suck. The first Wolverine movie sounded awesome when we only knew a little bit about it and look how that turned out.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
They f*cked up the first one glare

I liked it

chomperx9
it was a good movie but they just messed up the characters to much.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by The Nuul
And it will still suck because of Fox. It most likely will. Unless they change the geared audience and make this R rated, I'm not sure it will be all that much different from the first film, which was shitty IMO.

roughrider
Originally posted by Darth Martin
It most likely will. Unless they change the geared audience and make this R rated, I'm not sure it will be all that much different from the first film, which was shitty IMO.

You can forget about it being R-rated. That limits the audience too much.

Alpha Centauri
Is there honestly any movie that BruceSkywalker doesn't like?

-AC

roughrider
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Maybe he's just a glass half full guy. I am, and I enjoyed Wolverine but acknowledge the film has faults. And if ranked with the other three X-Men movies, it comes fourth.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Just because you didn't doesn't mean I have too

Everyone has their own opinion, yours is NOT the only one

Indestructible
Just because you didn't doesn't mean I have too

Everyone has their own opinion, yours is NOT the only one

I agree. I liked Wolverine. Not as much as X-Men 2 but its def second fav out of the series. And I think BruceSkywalker makes a point. Just cause you didnt like it dosnt mean everyone didnt like it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Indestructible
I agree. I liked Wolverine. Not as much as X-Men 2 but its def second fav out of the series. And I think BruceSkywalker makes a point. Just cause you didnt like it dosnt mean everyone didnt like it.

thanks, I know X-Men Origns: Wolverine had some problems and hopefully the sequel will correct them, but I liked the film

Indestructible
thanks, I know X-Men Origns: Wolverine had some problems and hopefully the sequel will correct them, but I liked the film

I like the film. yes it had problems(deadpool, wolverine being able to block cykes rays with his claws) but other than that I enjoyed the film.

Kazenji
McQuarrie to Write Wolverine Sequel!

Might actually be a decent story now.

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
McQuarrie to Write Wolverine Sequel!

Might actually be a decent story now.

Well, Weapon X was a great story too. It's all in how they treat it.

Kazenji
I Agree

for the first film i'd blame either David Benioff or Skip Woods for how they treated the Weapon X story.

roughrider
I Agree

for the first film i'd blame either David Benioff or Skip Woods for how they treated the Weapon X story.

Benioff is overrated. He wrote TROY as well. thumb down

I've seen his latest book on the shelf - the plot suspiciously mirrors Wolverine. About a pair of convicted Russian soldiers who, during the siege of Leningrad, are given the choice to work for a Colonel who offers them a pardon, if they work for him on a mission.

Sounds like Logan and Victor to me. stick out tongue

Wolfie
I liked the first one enough. I wished they would do other characters' origins before planning a sequel to this one.

The Nuul
If they can manage to do this right, it will put my faith back into this. This has to be a prequel to the first movie if its done right.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by roughrider
Benioff is overrated. He wrote TROY as well. thumb down

I've seen his latest book on the shelf - the plot suspiciously mirrors Wolverine. About a pair of convicted Russian soldiers who, during the siege of Leningrad, are given the choice to work for a Colonel who offers them a pardon, if they work for him on a mission.

Sounds like Logan and Victor to me. stick out tongue
Sounds like Suicide Squad.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
This is going to suck.

QFT.

roughrider
If they can manage to do this right, it will put my faith back into this. This has to be a prequel to the first movie if its done right.

It can't be a prequel. The first movie had Logan and Victor as small boys, following them all the way up to modern days. There's no story to do before that. Unless you suggest they just start over, which they're not going to do.

Darth Martin
You can forget about it being R-rated. That limits the audience too much. It probably won't be, granted, but it would do wonders. Wolverine is one of the most violent comic book characters there is. His main offensive weapon are a set of claws which means he cuts people up and his defensive weapon is a healing factor which allows him to take pain. I don't think you can do justice to the character if the film is rated PG-13. Now if they made the film more like the cutscenes from the video game companion to the film.............

The Nuul
It can't be a prequel. The first movie had Logan and Victor as small boys, following them all the way up to modern days. There's no story to do before that. Unless you suggest they just start over, which they're not going to do.

Then it will suck ass, again.

roughrider
Originally posted by Darth Martin
It probably won't be, granted, but it would do wonders. Wolverine is one of the most violent comic book characters there is. His main offensive weapon are a set of claws which means he cuts people up and his defensive weapon is a healing factor which allows him to take pain. I don't think you can do justice to the character if the film is rated PG-13. Now if they made the film more like the cutscenes from the video game companion to the film.............

All true, and yet, Wolverine has never been the star of a MAX rated comic, has he? The Punisher has been, but not Logan. All his appearances have been basically PG-13 and lower, his entire history. They have always gotten around what his claws actually do, art wise. We don't see spraying arteries and limbs hanging off pieces of skin when he's in a rage. Marvel only does that when he fights a machine.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/105835-jackman-drops-movie-to-train-for-wolverine-2

majid86
I would like Omega Red to be in Wolverine 2

Kazenji
But they're going for the Japan stories for the second movie so why would Omega Red be in it?

majid86
Omega Red used to work for The Hand in the comics i believe

The Nuul
Its not his origin and no I dont think he worked for them. Why would he? he'd stomp them, they would work for him if anything.

darthmaul1
I liked all the xmen movies, they were very enjoyable.
there again i don't know all the origins cause i haven't read the comics, i have only seen the cartoons. but for me that's a good thing cause i'm not spoiled and if the change it i don't know. the movie is made for a wider audience than just comic book readers.
The only thing that doesn't compute is how does Sabertooth not say anything to wolverine in the first xmen movie about them being half brothers? as brought up in the origins movie.

-Pr-
Originally posted by darthmaul1
I liked all the xmen movies, they were very enjoyable.
there again i don't know all the origins cause i haven't read the comics, i have only seen the cartoons. but for me that's a good thing cause i'm not spoiled and if the change it i don't know. the movie is made for a wider audience than just comic book readers.
The only thing that doesn't compute is how does Sabertooth not say anything to wolverine in the first xmen movie about them being half brothers? as brought up in the origins movie.

so was the cartoon, and it was infinitely more faithful than the movies.

FrothByte
The first wolverine movie was actually a decent movie... not great, but decent. The only problem was, for us fanboys, they derived too far away from the original wolverine we know.

The Hugh Jackman wolverine version was made into a leading man... like a james bond version of logan. Nothing against jackman, he's a great actor, but I blame the directors. I guess this was done to bring the character wolverine more into mainstream audience.

But for us fanboys, it was completely different from the anti-hero, hardcore, slash first ask questions later, bad mouthing wolverine that we all learned to love.

And what really sucked for me with the first wolverine movie (or all the xmen movies for that matter) was that they depicted wolverine has having very flabby fighting skills. He's just stuck with trying to stab and slash. Imagine getting his ass kicked by mystique and gambit? I mean, fine... he still won in the end, but he looked like a lumbering ox during his fight scenes. and this is supposed to be the guy who's renowned for his fighting prowess and animal like reflexes.

jinXed by JaNx

So.., a prequel to a prequel? Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

I hope Hugh Jackman dies before this can be made. I like Hugh Jackman but i fear thats the only way that this movie would be canceled. They already butchered the characters in the first movie. There is no salvaging this series. Maybe, at least, next time they will use better effects. Seriously, the effects in the first Wolverine were border line made for TV quality. Doesn't matter, this movie will be ass just like the rest of Marvels past and upcoming movies.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Doesn't matter, this movie will be ass just like the rest of Marvels past and upcoming movies.

Past and upcoming movies involved with Fox Studio's....

majid86
IMO Ive had enough of Wolverine on the big screen.
When will Mavel give better characters like Dr Strange, Sub Mariner, Silver Surfer & Black Panther a movie?

roughrider
Any word on who's directing?

darthmaul1
Originally posted by majid86
When will Mavel give better characters like Dr Strange, Sub Mariner, Silver Surfer & Black Panther a movie?

Better characters? yeah right not IMO.
and as for wolverine in the movies not being able to fight as well as people would like... first off you can't have him kicking the shit out of everyone he fights and 2nd i think they were trying to go for that the mutants are just like regular people but with their own unique abilities. Just because they are mutants doesn't mean they are good fighters. the only mutants that i can think of that may have some fighting skills is
mystique, toad, death strike, dead pool

RE: Blaxican
Wolverine is one of the best fighters in he MU, and if anyone was going to have MA skills in the movies it would be him since he's an actual soldier with training.

In any case, I'm tired of Wolverine movies too. Logan can regenerate from anything and has indestructable bones. It's not fun or intresting to watch a movie where the protagonist is never in actual danger because he's unharmable. What's the point?

The Nuul
Originally posted by majid86

Cool, then dont watch the X-Men movies.

I think that's a given, Null. lol

srankmissingnin
I hope this time they decide to make Wolverine movie and not a thinly veiled attempt to test the water for potential Deadpool and Gambit franchises.

roughrider
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Wolverine is one of the best fighters in he MU, and if anyone was going to have MA skills in the movies it would be him since he's an actual soldier with training.

In any case, I'm tired of Wolverine movies too. Logan can regenerate from anything and has indestructable bones. It's not fun or intresting to watch a movie where the protagonist is never in actual danger because he's unharmable. What's the point?

They did make it seem that Deadpool was about to decapitate him in the last one. And Phoenix could have disintegrated his molecules if she wasn't hanging on to some emotion.

srankmissingnin

Thats why I never read books in the first person narrative!!!!!!dur

Kazenji

Logan can regenerate from anything and has indestructable bones. It's not fun or intresting to watch a movie where the protagonist is never in actual danger because he's unharmable. What's the point?

And how is that any different to other characters such as Deadpool, Superman and whatever other ones i can't think of at this moment.

roughrider
Any word on who's directing?

Looks like the job could go to David Slade.

http://www.collider.com/2010/08/20/wolverine-2-david-slade-direct-hugh-jackman/

And how is that any different to other characters such as Deadpool, Superman and whatever other ones i can't think of at this moment.

It's the same thing. Notice how no one exactly rushed out a sequel for Returns.

-Pr-

Superman is harmable. By most of his major rogues gallery, so it's not a fair comparison.

I can kind of see where he was going with that, he just meant people who are ridiculously hard to kill by normal means. The people in Supes' rogues gallery who can hurt him are superhuman themselves.

The thing about Supes though is that his most popular movie was the one where he spent half of it getting his ass kicked by super powered beings... so it does support my statement about it being boring watching an invincible person run aroud for 2 hours.

-Pr-
I can kind of see where he was going with that, he just meant people who are ridiculously hard to kill by normal means. The people in Supes' rogues gallery who can hurt him are superhuman themselves.

The thing about Supes though is that his most popular movie was the one where he spent half of it getting his ass kicked by super powered beings... so it does support my statement about it being boring watching an invincible person run aroud for 2 hours.

well yeah.

i'm just used to the "superman is boring cos he can't be killed" stupidity.

my bad.

Kazenji
And from what i remember of Deadpool besides him being funny is his healing factor is much more insane then Wolvie's

but hey we're getting a movie for him.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68945

Slade (David Slade) Did The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.........oh great.

And from what i remember of Deadpool besides him being funny is his healing factor is much more insane then Wolvie's

but hey we're getting a movie for him.

Well... I'm not really sure what that's gotta do with me lol. Never said people who are impossible to kill don't get movies. It's just that, they don't tend to sell very well, because most people don't want to a watch a movie where the protagonist is unkillable.

The Nuul
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68945

Slade (David Slade) Did The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.........oh great.

Both of them are just....facepalm

Hugh should have just directed it himself.

-Pr-
Slade also did 30 Days of Night.

Kazenji
The other guy working on the script Schwentke seems to be the better one

i watched the trailer for Red a while back looks like its gonna be a fun movie

Well... I'm not really sure what that's gotta do with me lol. Never said people who are impossible to kill don't get movies. It's just that, they don't tend to sell very well, because most people don't want to a watch a movie where the protagonist is unkillable.

And i don't think its the "Unkillable" thing if you take a look at most of the people these types go up against they're out of their league to actually do any sort of damage to them.

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-
Slade also did 30 Days of Night.

That was good, I am just ragging on him because hes part of that Twilight gayness.

Kazenji
Heres another Director getting thrown around Darren Aronofsky

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/106413-wolverine-2-director-rumors-surface

BruceSkywalker
i just want to see lots of good fights with the silver samurai

roughrider
Should be Hugh Jackman's swan song with the role, after 10+ years.

Kazenji
At least they got someone good for the script this time and now just have to wait and see who they get for the director.

Kazenji
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=28699

Apparantly Darren Aronofsky is in talks to do this sequel......if it all turns out true....WTF?? mess the first movie up but do a really good of the sequel.

Kazenji
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/10/19/jackman-aronofskys-wolverine-2-will-be-fantastic-very-different/

SnakeEyes
Aronofsky's too good for this shit.

Kazenji
Well will soon know if Aronofsky can do a movie such as this since he's mostly done drama's and drama/Sci-fi.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/110465-aronofsky-reveals-title-for-next-wolverine-movie

So its not gonna be a sequel to the Gavin Hood movie..

srankmissingnin
X-Men Origins Wolverine is to X-Men, as Highlander 2 is to Highlander.

"Let's pretend we didn't make a movie where the Highlanders were banished space aliens..."

Kazenji
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

"Let's pretend we didn't make a movie where the Highlanders were banished space aliens..."

Well they fixed that up with Highlander 2 with the directors cut.

SnakeEyes
The further they separate this film from the last, the better. The title, "The Wolverine," helps. I remain cautiously optimistic; I have faith in Aronofsky, but none in Fox.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
The further they separate this film from the last, the better. The title, "The Wolverine," helps. I remain cautiously optimistic; I have faith in Aronofsky, but none in Fox.

My hope is that FOX will prevent Aronofsky from making it too melodramatic and pretentious, while Aronofsky will prevent FOX from making it a campy, poorly executed, convoluted mess that primary exists as a sales pitch for mutants not named Wolverine.

Lord Shadow Z
Should there be some kind of costume in this film? Now I know I'm going to get shot down for saying this (I did after I was unhappy with the X-Men 1 leather suits) but 'Wolverine' needs the costume, or some outfit that resembles it in some way. He needs to wear the mask as well because it's kind of boring seeing 'Logan' for 4 movies, wearing jeans , a vest and a leather jacket.

The Nuul
Hes in Japan, its too early for a costume.

Lord Shadow Z
Hes in Japan, its too early for a costume.

He could still have something that forms the basis for what he eventually uses in the future.

Kazenji
I reakon all the X-men could use the same costumes they do in the comics obvisouly just don't use spandex.

SamZED
Logan will never wear yellow tights in movies. Just accept it people. Majority over comicbook geeks. If I see the costume ill say "Hey cool! He got his costume" zillions of other people all over the world will say "What he's gay now?"

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by SamZED
Logan will never wear yellow tights in movies. Just accept it people. Majority over comicbook geeks. If I see the costume ill say "Hey cool! He got his costume" zillions of other people all over the world will say "What he's gay now?"

Did I mention yellow and blue? It could be his orange and brown or some new costume, maybe black perhaps. It seems with your comment you seem inwardly embarrassed to like Wolverine in the first place if you are afraid of other people's reaction to it.

The Nuul
Its still way too early for a Wolverine costume.

Lord Shadow Z
I reakon all the X-men could use the same costumes they do in the comics obvisouly just don't use spandex.

Not suggesting he wears spandex. With Wolverine and his healing factor he doesn't need anything heavily armoured, but just having him walk around in simplistic everyday clothes is ridiculous. He may have the healing factor but he's not invulnerable or impervious to pain and living in a universe with other powerful beings some protection would make sense.

If Marvel had the rights to Wolverine a costume would be made it's that simple. Iron-Man, Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man all have movie costumes and they are just as 'outlandish' as Wolverines, if not more.

Even Green Lantern, the ring forms a costume around him, it doesn't have to, the ring could just protect him without a visual aid. Yet we have the costume , despite it being bright green with a eyemask that serves no purpose. The costume is there though because its part of the character.

Lord Shadow Z
Its still way too early for a Wolverine costume.

You know as well as I do that things are added to comic book movies that have no place being there; whether they are following a proper arc of the comic book story or not.

The Nuul
Depends on the timeline of this movie IMO. Although he could use a ninja like costume. confused

Lord Shadow Z
Well a ninja-like costume is good idea, and plausible for the storyline involved. In Knightfall Part 3 of the Batman story Bruce wears a bat-like mask the 'Tengu' to fight Lady Shiva's warriors as part of his re-training. With the set-up obviously being geared to feature The Silver Samurai perhaps it will include something similiar, like a mask Logan wears to fight him in a ritualistic manner.

Then the style could go on to appeal to Wolverine if more movies follow this one and he needs a dedicated suit to wear. It all really depends on whether Jackman/Aronofsky is using this to tell more stories in the future or not.

One thing is for sure the X-Men universe seems horribly confused at the moment on film.

SamZED
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Did I mention yellow and blue? It could be his orange and brown or some new costume, maybe black perhaps. It seems with your comment you seem inwardly embarrassed to like Wolverine in the first place if you are afraid of other people's reaction to it. Why would I be embarrassed to like Wolverine?What the f**k? I dont care about peoples reactions, I simply state what its gonna be like. And I assure you the film makers wouldnt want anyone reacting this way. They wont risk people complaining about the movie just to please comicbook fans. Doesnt mean im embarrassed or dont want the costume. Just means im a realist.

Lord Shadow Z
Why would I be embarrassed to like Wolverine?What the f**k? I dont care about peoples reactions, I simply state what its gonna be like. And I assure you the film makers wouldnt want anyone reacting this way. They wont risk people complaining about the movie just to please comicbook fans. Doesnt mean im embarrassed or dont want the costume. Just means im a realist.

In your previous post you are clearly referring to other people and what they would think, that means you are bothered by it otherwise it wouldn't be an issue for you. There are many fans of Wolverine who want the costume, go to CBM or SuperheroHype and you'll find plenty of fans there who are tired of seeing 'Logan' or, and I like this one ' Hugh Jackman with claws'.

Before you suggest I'm being influenced by these opinions I was after a Wolverine costume since the leather biker gang in X1. Seriously now, what makes Wolverine so different that him having a costume is so difficult to understand and other superheroes have got, and are getting accurate , or damned near to it adaptions. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, Blade, Green Lantern, The Shadow, Watchmen Fantastic Four, Superman etc.

I could go on but I can't recall these being unsuccessful (apart from Thor, CA and GL obviously) just because they are wearing a unrealistic or too colourful costume, any genuine movie fan will judge them on plot and dialogue.

srankmissingnin
I would bet we see a something like yellow / blue samurai armor that looks similar to Wolverine's costume like he had in the Shi crossover.

No superhero duds though. The X-Force costume would look rad as hell though... but they wont use it.

SamZED
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
In your previous post you are clearly referring to other people and what they would think, that means you are bothered by it otherwise it wouldn't be an issue for you. There are many fans of Wolverine who want the costume, go to CBM or SuperheroHype and you'll find plenty of fans there who are tired of seeing 'Logan' or, and I like this one ' Hugh Jackman with claws'.
Referring to other people and what they would think, yes. So? I dont understand how you got from it that im embarrassed to like Wolverine. I was reffering to what other people would think only because that's what the FILM MAKERS would care mostly about. The majority. And since the film makers have the last say on the subject and they'll go with whatever the majority wants.. Why should we not care what the majority thinks as it effects what we get in the end?

The difference is, Blade's costume is a black coat and a bulletproof vest which goes well with the character. If he had pink tights in comics I assure you they would've changed that for the movie. Superman's costume is too iconic. Spider-man cracks jokes, fools around etc. People dont take him all that seriously, he's a fun character. As for Wolverine.. he's so popular (among people that dont read books and dont understand the uniform thing) because he's "tough and badass" with the attitude. And yellow costume with blue underwear on top would've kinda ruined the tough badass type for anyone who hasnt read comicbooks. I know because my brother loves the x-men movies, and he doesnt read books. And ive seen his face when I showed him Logan in his costume. And 80% of people who go to the cinema dont read X-men and would react the same way. The film makers know that, so they wont have it.

Orange and brown would work better though, agreed.

Lord Shadow Z
Referring to other people and what they would think, yes. So? I dont understand how you got from it that im embarrassed to like Wolverine. I was reffering to what other people would think only because that's what the FILM MAKERS would care mostly about. The majority. And since the film makers have the last say on the subject and they'll go with whatever the majority wants.. Why should we not care what the majority thinks as it effects what we get in the end?

The difference is, Blade's costume is a black coat and a bulletproof vest which goes well with the character. If he had pink tights in comics I assure you they would've changed that for the movie. Superman's costume is too iconic. Spider-man cracks jokes, fools around etc. People dont take him all that seriously, he's a fun character. As for Wolverine.. he's so popular (among people that dont read books and dont understand the uniform thing) because he's "tough and badass" with the attitude. And yellow costume with blue underwear on top would've kinda ruined the tough badass type for anyone who hasnt read comicbooks. I know because my brother loves the x-men movies, and he doesnt read books. And ive seen his face when I showed him Logan in his costume. And 80% of people who go to the cinema dont read X-men and would react the same way. The film makers know that, so they wont have it.

Orange and brown would work better though, agreed.

Ok, if you say you are not embarrassed about Wolverine then I made a wrong assumption. Sorry.

But what I was saying was in regard to the actual popularity of the costumes in the movies I mentioned not being the reason why the movies failed or succeeded. It is the plot, atmosphere and characters that are important.

Wolverine is a tough character but so are a lot of characters who have costumes which could be described as fanciful, and get some form of screen treatment or adaption of it. Like I said before most other superheroes have a defined 'look' but Wolverine, aside from the mask could be taken many ways and adapted. The suit could be light material like a military combat suit (similar in ways to Captain America or Black Widow), all the filmmaker has to do is supend our disbelief and explain the material as advanced tecnology(I wish they would do this with Batman also!).

I don't know call it adamantium bi-weave material or something and thats how the average movie fan can then relate to them wearing it. It could be then mostly black with some orange or brown 'Wolverine' stripes descending from each shoulders and around the midriff. You have the space between the elbow and forearm bare in order to make it less like a bodysuit while retaining his look with the mask and gloves.

I wouldn't want a full one piece outfit , that would look bad but a two-piece suit e.g. upper and lower sections would work fine (doesn't need a noticable belt though).

Kazenji
And 80% of people who go to the cinema dont read X-men and would react the same way. The film makers know that, so they wont have it.

Exactly, all these comic book characters that getting adapted are like John McClane to most that don't read comics just another movie character.

Lord Shadow Z
Exactly, all these comic book characters that getting adapted are like John McClane to most that don't read comics just another movie character.

Then if they don't care about the character in any way and are just watching it for what it is, then why is the costume seen as so ridiculous?

And the difference with John McClane and other 'action heroes' they don't have a detailed history; their history, looks and their entire being starts with movies, a more accessable format than comic books.

Comic-book characters are completely different in that respect, they have almost a secondary existence in another format. It would take the most ignorant person not to know a movie isn't based off a comic book character, especially when it brought up in interviews, behind the scenes specials, websites, forums, blogs etc.

You would find out eventually, and then without knowing it you would realise that for example Blade is different to McClane in that respect. Both are movie characters yet one is comic-based so you would eventually realise the difference and in this world of technology you would be able to find out in 5 minutes before the movie has started.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125338-jackman-getting-bigger-for-the-wolverine

210 pounds

seems like Darren Aronofsky has actually checked out the comics.

Prep-Man
I hope this is better than the first abomination that came out.

srankmissingnin
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125338-jackman-getting-bigger-for-the-wolverine

210 pounds

seems like Darren Aronofsky has actually checked out the comics.

That is better than before, but he'd need to get to 250-260lbs to start to look like he was built like Wolverine. 6'2 210lbs is my height and weight and I don't have a body type anywhere close to Wolverine.

Ize19
That is better than before, but he'd need to get to 250-260lbs to start to look like he was built like Wolverine. 6'2 210lbs is my height and weight and I don't have a body type anywhere close to Wolverine.

Don't forget, 210 is his current weight, and he's still on his 6000 calorie diet, trying to get bigger. I don't know if he'll get to 250-260, but I think they know that 210 is not going to cut it.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Ize19
Don't forget, 210 is his current weight, and he's still on his 6000 calorie diet, trying to get bigger. I don't know if he'll get to 250-260, but I think they know that 210 is not going to cut it.

That's true and every little bit helps. Months ago a read somewhere that Jackman was training with the Rock to build muscle, or at least using the same regiment Rock used to add 20 pounds for Faster.

Darth Nhilus

roughrider

BruceSkywalker
Aronofski has left...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/128944-darren-aronofsky-no-longer-directing-the-wolverine

for more on the story if you have a facebook than go to marvel movies page

The Nuul
**** Darren Aronofsky, if he doesnt want to spend a year on a movie that causes him to be away from his family then I say **** him. This is what the movie biz is like, tough luck and he should take off his skirt.

Prep-Man
Damn, I was hoping to see him do it. Ah, well. The next Wolverine movie will likely suck now. Depending on who they get.

Kazenji
And this is the same guy that was gonna do the Robocop remake and then something with that and he left.

srankmissingnin
**** Darren Aronofsky, if he doesnt want to spend a year on a movie that causes him to be away from his family then I say **** him. This is what the movie biz is like, tough luck and he should take off his skirt.

He is getting divorced and is engaged in a custody battle for his kid...

David Slade and Aronofsky should just switch movies. Aronofsky on Daredevil. Slade on Wolverine.

SpiritStalker
I thought the first one was awesome I saw like it three times...on the aeroplane coming home

roughrider
It seems Duncan Jones is kicking the tires on this...Hugh Jackman has promised he's holding out for a major talent to direct this.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/04/12/source-code-director-wolverine/?_r=true

srankmissingnin
I loved Moon and liked Source Code, but I'm not entirely confident on Duncan Jones ability to direct actions scenes.

Kazenji
Potential Wolverine Director Went Ahead And Animated A Sequence For The Movie

http://www.screened.com/news/potential-wolverine-director-went-ahead-and-animated-a-sequence-for-the-movie/2302/

if they're ment to be The Hand why the frick are they wearing black.

StiltmanFTW
geekgasm@ Silver Samurai

jinXed by JaNx
I loved Moon and liked Source Code, but I'm not entirely confident on Duncan Jones ability to direct actions scenes.

Id be less worried about action and more worried about story at this point.

I-Drop
It'd be nice if they made this one........good.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by I-Drop
It'd be nice if they made this one........good.

It will be better than Origins. I guarantee it.

CPT Space Bomb
Not watching another Wolverine movie....unless it scores like 70+ on Rotten Tomatoes.

Prep-Man
Who cares about that. Judge for yourself. At least the current director is a lot better than the last one.

Kazenji
I don't understand people relying on Rotten Tomatoes for movie reviews, Since when did they ****en become the be all and end all on a movies verdict.

CPT Space Bomb
Rottentomatoes is NOT the end all be all. I've disagreed with them alot. BUT, they do at least give me a gauge on how good a movie will be ballpark range. If you score less than 50% on both critics and fans....yah, no chance of me wasting my time.

I-Drop
Originally posted by Prep-Man
It will be better than Origins. I guarantee it. laughing out loud Finally someone makes a guarantee that's easy to live up to. I'll see it if I get a free screening or free tickets like I did for XMFC.

Patient_Leech
Are you effing kidding me?! THIS is getting another movie?! And Aranofsky was considered as director?! I've NEVER seen a movie look like such SH#T just from the trailer. Usually with trailers they can at least fool you into thinking it at least LOOKS good, but the trailer for this was utter garbage!! Meanwhile, so many other great movies go without sequels.. I am perturbed. lol..

furious blowup

Although, I did kind of want to see it with some friends just to make fun of it.. heh.

Kazenji
Apprantly the script for this sequel is excellent now it just needs a good director to bring it to life and they've picked James Mangold for that part.

roughrider
If shooting begins in the fall, I wonder if they are aiming for late 2012 or early 2013. They have to watch out for market saturation of too many comic related films in the same season (Green Lantern was partially a casualty of that this summer; it also was a mess.)

srankmissingnin
It will be interesting to see if "The Wolverine," can capitalize off the good press of First Class for a high box office. Normally this sequel would be assured to make less at the box office because of the critical / fan reception of the original, but I'm really not sure how much the average movie audiences compartmentalizes Wolverine and the X-Men franchise. The next X-Men movie is in for a sizable boon at the box office thanks to first class... I'm just not sure whether Johny Averageman will consider The Wolverine an X-Men movie.

SamZED
Im not worried about the movie. People love Wolverine. My brother pretty much hates all the superhero movies but watches X-men because of Wolverine.

StiltmanFTW
I am, Jackman sucks. He ain't no Wolverine.

srankmissingnin
My mom and sister love, LOVE, X-Men origins Wolverine. I'm pretty sure chicks will go out in drones to see Jackman with his shirt off and his chest hair flowing in the breeze.

Darth Martin
I think Jackman would be fine as Wolverine if he portrayed him the way he did in the first X-Men film. It's what he did in the next three installments that had me going WTF.

roughrider
The film is set to start shooting in Vancouver this November.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/report-wolverine-2-shoot-vancouver-225463

...After all that hand wringing from Darren Aronofsky about not wanting to be separated from his family for a long time to shoot in Japan (whereupon he quits the project), they end up shooting in North America anyway with a different director. roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
The film is set to start shooting in Vancouver this November.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/report-wolverine-2-shoot-vancouver-225463

...After all that hand wringing from Darren Aronofsky about not wanting to be separated from his family for a long time to shoot in Japan (whereupon he quits the project), they end up shooting in North America anyway with a different director. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aronofsky left the project, before the Tsunami hit Japan, and Fox needed to find a work around on shooting the majority of the film there.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I am, Jackman sucks. He ain't no Wolverine. Only comicbook geeks like us know that. As for the rest..
...chicks will go out in drones to see Jackman with his shirt off and his chest hair flowing in the breeze. So the movie will be a success.

Kazenji
Only comicbook geeks like us know that. As for the rest..

erm

so am i and i'm fine with Jackman playing Wolverine.

SamZED
erm

so am i and i'm fine with Jackman playing Wolverine. Never said you shouldnt be. Pretty sure Stilt was talking about the way he looks. I meant that anyone who reads comics see it, doesnt mean you should hate it.

StiltmanFTW
Never said you shouldnt be. Pretty sure Stilt was talking about the way he looks. I meant that anyone who reads comics see it, doesnt mean you should hate it.

No, it's not just the way he looks. Voice, attitude, acting... that's not Wolverine. That's some cruel parody.

"I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice" - when Jackman said that, I felt the urge to stab myself in the brain. He totally ruined it, unlike Steve Blum. I didn't mind him that much in the X-Men movies for some reason, but XMO was an abomination.

That actor from the Punisher fan film looked and sounded more like Wolverine than Hugh did.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
No, it's not just the way he looks. Voice, attitude, acting... that's not Wolverine. That's some cruel parody.

"I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice" - when Jackman said that, I felt the urge to stab myself in the brain. He totally ruined it, unlike Steve Blum. I didn't mind him that much in the X-Men movies for some reason, but XMO was an abomination.

That actor from the Punisher fan film looked and sounded more like Wolverine than Hugh did. Jackman was a decent Wolverine at the beginning of the first movie. Some times its not his fault, I blame writers. I think he does an ok job.

If only Steve Blum was younger and looked like Logan heh...

StiltmanFTW
Jackman was a decent Wolverine at the beginning of the first movie. Some times its not his fault, I blame writers. I think he does an ok job.

If only Steve Blum was younger and looked like Logan heh...

He had his moments, true.

Jackman's not intimidating, doesn't talk like Wolverine... Hugh is simply too much of a nice guy and thus can't play the character. Logan is not some neat boy, he's a grim bruiser that drinks away his self-loathing in the reek. And he absolutely wouldn't smile politely to his girlfriend while casually bragging about being the best in mass-murdering. I hate that scene. Sure, mainly the writers are to blame for that... but still, Hugh said that famous quote way too lightly.

Kazenji
The script getting rewrites

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=45653

Kazenji

roughrider
To Jackman & company:

Stop talking and start shooting.

Kazenji
Jackman won't be anytime soon he plans on being in a Les Misrables movie.

Kazenji
Possible two different cuts, PG-13 & R

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168588-hugh-jackman-updates-on-the-wolverine

Kazenji
More delays

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=50441

roughrider
At this rate, they should just forget it and start planning on Jackman's future replacement as Wolverine.

super pr*xy
what a f*cking waste.. hugh jackman was the perfect personification of wolverine.. sure he's not the duplicate when it comes to physical appearance, but the personality he's got down pat.. for PG-13 movies at least..

TheGame17
I hope this movie has a GOOD plot and character development without being completely predictable (unlike the first one).

Jilloz
No thanks, the last Origins movie was a complete disaster.

fansmack
oh god please no, wolverine comics are already bad enough..please dont torture us with another film...

Kazenji
It has a new release date now.....2013.

roughrider
By the time this gets going, Hugh Jackman will be ready to be Old Man Logan. stick out tongue

SevenShackles
No babies with Mohawks at the end of the film is all I ask of god.

Kazenji
???

Kazenji
Anyone seen that poster that has popped up recently??

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/03/21/is-this-the-wolverine-poster/

Scythe
Originally posted by SevenShackles
No babies with Mohawks at the end of the film is all I ask of god.

Haha, Daken.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>