Mace Windu vs Depa Billaba

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sevius
Might have been done before. If so, my bad. Curious though, since Mace indicated that Depa's bladework had surpassed his own (might mace have been being modest, as he has shown before?). Who do you think would emerge victorious?

Standard 3:

1. Lightsaber duel:

2. Force duel:

3. All out combat:

Slash_KMC
The black guy with the pink purple blade.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Darth Sevius
(might mace have been being modest, as he has shown before?). Bingo. Jedi often tend to overexaggerate when speaking about there fellow comrades.

Mace takes all three with noteworthy difficulty.

Darth Sevius
I've come to the same conclusion. However, I'd like to hear what some of the others think regarding the fight and statement. Thanks for the reply though.

truejedi
Well, mace fought her and beat her after starting a fight with a lightsaber all the way through him in Shatterpoint.

I think he could do it again with a level playing field.

BruceSkywalker
Mace stomps

Lord Lucien
I know dick all on Depa... but the whole creator of Vaapad, second most powerful Jedi of the most powerful generation, eehhh... it just feels wrong not to give Mace the win.

Darth Sevius
Originally posted by truejedi
Well, mace fought her and beat her after starting a fight with a lightsaber all the way through him in Shatterpoint.

I think he could do it again with a level playing field.

Mace didn't actually beat her in combat per say. Mace was at his brreaking point, being pushed around like a child. Although, he was not trying to harm Depa, as he couldn't bring himself to kill her. just read the book... again.

truejedi
but he had her at his mercy when nick shot her in the back. He just couldn't bring himself to kill her.

Anakin4Ever
While I wish I could say Mace Windu I'd have to go with Depa on this one. He said that only his quick wit saved him in his fight with her. He also earlier mentioned how her swordsmanship surpassed his own.

truejedi
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
While I wish I could say Mace Windu I'd have to go with Depa on this one. He said that only his quick wit saved him in his fight with her. He also earlier mentioned how her swordsmanship surpassed his own.

refresh my memory, how exactly did his quick wit save him? i've forgotten.

Darth Sevius
refresh my memory, how exactly did his quick wit save him? i've forgotten.

I think that what he's referring to is the part where Mace said that his quick reflexes or quick snap of his head or something to that effect saved him from what would have been a lightsaber blade sticking straight through his skull. That's not good. Lightsabers should never stick out of your skull.

truejedi
reflexes=/=quick wit

reflexes have everything to do with combat. Plus, he went on to win the duel, did he not?

Darth Sevius
Except... he didn't beat her. He caused her to come to her senses.

truejedi
i'm going to re-read, but she didn't come to anything did she? nick Rostu shot her in the back because mace couldn't kill her.

xxxpoppunker182
mace takes this fight.

everyone talkin about mace not beating her keep in mind he didnt want to kill her and he was holding back in the fight so obviously he wont do as good.

here's an example in lotf luke fights lumiya and sustains a fair amount of damage done because he isn't trying to kill her and then when he fights her with the intention of killing her she didn't stand a chance.

truejedi
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
mace takes this fight.

everyone talkin about mace not beating her keep in mind he didnt want to kill her and he was holding back in the fight so obviously he wont do as good.

here's an example in lotf luke fights lumiya and sustains a fair amount of damage done because he isn't trying to kill her and then when he fights her with the intention of killing her she didn't stand a chance.

I agree completely> Mace was going for the capture the whole way.

Eminence
Here's the fight for all of you. Great scene, and not too long of a read.

Eminence

Eminence

Eminence

Eminence
Also, I found this interesting.Last quote. First quote. See?

This probably won't apply to most people who've never taken part in a debate involving Vastor, but the general consensus here had been that - by Mace's own admission - Vastor was simply a greater combatant than Windu. Clearly, this is not the intended message. Mace stated that he couldn't win a fight against a man commanding the power of eight Force-sensitives; the most powerful individual he'd even encountered.

Mace FTW. I still demand a an Afro Samurai-inspired animated miniseries based on Shatterpoint.

truejedi
Originally posted by Eminence

This probably won't apply to most people who've never taken part in a debate involving Vastor, but the general consensus here had been that - by Mace's own admission - Vastor was simply a greater combatant than Windu. Clearly, this is not the intended message. Mace stated that he couldn't win a fight against a man commanding the power of eight Force-sensitives; the most powerful individual he'd even encountered.

That is interesting. However, the 2nd quote came after the Akk akks were dead, and Depa was unconcsious, right? So would that still apply?

Oh, and imho, rereading this, there is no question in my mind that on even footing mace owns depa.

Eminence
truejedi
That is interesting. However, the 2nd quote came after the Akk akks were dead, and Depa was unconcsious, right? So would that still apply?Yes.

truejedi
Yes.

well, if it was the strength of all 8 of them, then why was Depa getting stronger, and not weaker, as they died? I guess i'm not understanding the word backflowed. The way that phrase makes it sounds, depa and Vastor were strengthening the akk-akks, not the other way around.

As the akk-akk's died, Depa and vastor needed to lend less of their pelekotan (or force power) to others,and were getting stronger. Right?

Otherwise, any force-meld would weaken as the members died.

What am I not understanding here?

bayhunter12
mace takes this but not easily.

Eminence
truejedi
well, if it was the strength of all 8 of them, then why was Depa getting stronger, and not weaker, as they died? I guess i'm not understanding the word backflowed. The way that phrase makes it sounds, depa and Vastor were strengthening the akk-akks, not the other way around.

As the akk-akk's died, Depa and vastor needed to lend less of their pelekotan (or force power) to others,and were getting stronger. Right?

Otherwise, any force-meld would weaken as the members died.

What am I not understanding here? Kar Vastor had forged a powerful Force-bond encompassing himself, the Akk Guards, and Depa Billaba. They all contributed to this bond; think of the group as a "pool" of power, apparently somewhat similar to the battle meld members of the NJO would relearn and come to employ, but with a twist. Every time a Guard is killed, and therefore removed from the bond, his "share" of power flows back into the pool, strengthening the others. By the end of the battle, all of the Akk Guards are dead, so all of their power has returned to the "pool". Since Kar Vastor has become the lone beneficiary of the connections, and therefore the only member retaining access to the combined power, he wields all of it.

And if you've forgotten, all Korunnai are Force-sensitive; the Akk Guards are simply the strongest of them, and have been "trained" by Vastor.

truejedi
I gotcha, so even though the Akk's were dead, through the meld, their power in the force stayed with the group.

Thanks. I knew i was missing something.

btw, i thought bringing Vastor into the Battle of Mindor was a little stupid myself. Technically, he could still be alive, and any author can use him anywhere they want to.

xxxpoppunker182
Kar Vastor had forged a powerful Force-bond encompassing himself, the Akk Guards, and Depa Billaba. They all contributed to this bond; think of the group as a "pool" of power, apparently somewhat similar to the battle meld members of the NJO would relearn and come to employ, but with a twist. Every time a Guard is killed, and therefore removed from the bond, his "share" of power flows back into the pool, strengthening the others. By the end of the battle, all of the Akk Guards are dead, so all of their power has returned to the "pool". Since Kar Vastor has become the lone beneficiary of the connections, and therefore the only member retaining access to the combined power, he wields all of it.

And if you've forgotten, all Korunnai are Force-sensitive; the Akk Guards are simply the strongest of them, and have been "trained" by Vastor.

that makes sense but what i don't like is that after one akk gaurd dies its like the remaining people get to use their force reserves. that makes no sense at all because as far as i know the force doesnt work that way or everytime jedi were together in a battlemeld and 1 died everyone gets their power.

it reminds me of jet li's movie "the one" where after each time he kills himself he gets their power and this also is kind of like the highlander either way i find this application of the force as a contradiction to how the force works

Eminence
xxxpoppunker182
that makes sense but what i don't like is that after one akk gaurd dies its like the remaining people get to use their force reserves. that makes no sense at all because as far as i know the force doesnt work that way or everytime jedi were together in a battlemeld and 1 died everyone gets their power.

it reminds me of jet li's movie "the one" where after each time he kills himself he gets their power and this also is kind of like the highlander either way i find this application of the force as a contradiction to how the force works It isn't the battle meld used by the Jedi; that was a parallel I drew to try and make its nature a little clearer.

I suppose it might be a little hard to understand if you haven't read Shatterpoint in a while, but looking the characterization of "pelekotan" - the Force as the Korunnai see it in the jungle - would help.

xxxpoppunker182
ya ill look into this more

and wtf vastor is in shadows of mindor?

DarthDaniel1001
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Mace stomps

Yeah, that just about covers it.

truejedi
was that a y instead of a what there popunker?

His mind is controlled (as well as Nick Rostu's) by some secret Imperial agent. (who if i remember correctly, Can? use the force. Luke feels like he murdered a whole planet of people, but its obvious to us that he didn't...

Book was pointless in my mind, and throwing vastor in there was even weirder.

JediMaster97

Jinsoku Takai

truejedi
We talked about it: Depa was gaining force strength from each of the 8 Ack-Guards who had died.

Jinsoku Takai
We talked about it: Depa was gaining force strength from each of the 8 Ack-Guards who had died.

Right ...And Mace wasn't really fighting back. He stayed on the defensive choosing not to take the offensive.

truejedi
and he had started the duel by getting a lightsaber stuck all the way through him... hardly a fair start.

Jinsoku Takai
and he had started the duel by getting a lightsaber stuck all the way through him... hardly a fair start.

If I gained anything from that novel, it was that Mace has one ridiculously high pain threshold. He was shot all to hell, had the crap kicked/beat out of him, and had a hole put through his midesction from being impaled by a lighsaber. Dude is truly one bad mutha ****er.

Nephthys
Holy shit, remember when Eminence still posted? Total mind****.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Nephthys
Holy shit, remember when IKC still posted? Total mind****.

Corrected.

Stealth Moose
The Lost Twenty.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
The Lost Twenty.

laughing out loud

Lord Lucien
Can you count 20 of them?

truejedi
i bet we all can. LS, Advent, and Wolfie to name just 3... I guess we count Rex and Ush... maybe?

Nephthys
Schwartsenegger (omg bad spelling), Faunus, Master Crimson, HWKA, Valerian er thats all I got.

RagingBoner
Nebaris?

Nephthys
Neberis will outlive the forum. He will always be here, inside of us all.

RagingBoner
N
inside of us all.

I guess the question of your sexuality has been answered. no expression

Nephthys
Indeed, I only date the omnipresent.

BEHOLD MY DARK SECRET!

truejedi
no, no, Neb will never be inside of me.

Lord Lucien
HWKAYou sick little bastard.

truejedi
Boog.

Zampanó
Remember Enyalus?

Nephthys
He's still here actually, he just doesn't give a crap about us anymore. He's over in the comic versus forum alot.

truejedi
Overlord.

Slash_KMC
Exanda Kane, Knightfall,... I think we'll get to 20.

truejedi
oooh, i forgot about Knightfall. Nice guy.

truejedi
Do we even count Mattatom yet?

Nephthys
Jesus, how the hell did we forget him?

truejedi
I didn't. he's my friend on facebook. in kamchatka. *shrug*

Nephthys
Well then tell him we've all forgotten him already!

And that he should come back.

Zampanó
He's still here actually, he just doesn't give a crap about us anymore. He's over in the comic versus forum alot.
I know. That hurts most of all.

Remember Ivalice?

Slash_KMC

Zampanó
damn. how 'bout "Genesis"? Does a Sorgo sock count as a separate entity?

If not, then has Kotor3 been mentioned? He was my first victim.

Stealth Moose
Haven't seen Sorgo in a long long time.

Nephthys
Remember that time when he wanted to join your site and we all had a discussion about whether to let him or not? That was a pretty wierd discussion.

Stealth Moose
Yeah, I was against it from the start. Sorgo had routinely abused his power as a mod on two separate occasions, and he was notorious for pissing off everyone at the drop of a hat.

That being said, I would find it hilarious if he came back here and started up again.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Yeah, I was against it from the start. Sorgo had routinely abused his power as a mod on two separate occasions, and he was notorious for pissing off everyone at the drop of a hat. So... he was Ush?

Zampanó
SORGO IS AN USHGARAK SOCK!!

QUICK SOMEONE REPORT USH!!

laughing out loud

Slash_KMC

truejedi
Raz is dead. Seriously I was going to have a new SN to celebrate my homecoming to kamchatka like a year ago, but nothing.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I have, multiple times. Apparently their isn't a real hierarchy here at KMC. There are 3 levels. We are the lowest level, then there's the mods and finally there's Raz, who doesn't do anything anymore. This place is actually run by the lowest level alone though. Well in this section. Impediment's still active in the Movies. And Ush, Peach, and backfire can be seen in the General.

EDIT: Oh and lil bitchiness.

Slash_KMC
So in other words, we do run this section. Marxism kicks in.

Also, what would I have to do to get a new SN then?

Nephthys
Kill Raz, eat his flesh and gain his powers.

Zampanó
It's interesting how well we get along without a mod. We're still insular as hell and wicked vicious to newbies... I guess what I'm saying is it's remarkable how little anything has changed since USH put the smackdown on discussing ethics (poorly) in the social thread.

the smackdown didn't last very long, but still

Stealth Moose
Yeah, some of the name change requests are months in queue. It's ridiculous.

truejedi
he hasn't been on in like 18 months...

Stealth Moose
I'd say something like "I hope he gives his powers to someone else", but in reality it'd be Ush. Ush is known to arbitrarily ban people and close threads because they disagree with his idea of what is right.

truejedi
yeah, i feel like we are actually better off like this... except for someone like 6 months ago who decided to "use all of my powers to have you banned." which meant they were banned like 2 days later...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.