Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow vs Morpheus & Trinity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://movies.donyell.net/movie_posters/matrix20.jpg http://pandahunnie.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/storm-shadow-snake-eyes.jpg
Morpheus and Trinity find themselves in the real world set a couple hundred years back in the future. They confront the two ninjas who for this fight will put there differences aside to kill these two. Everyone is going all out. No one's holding back. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are in there combat uniforms and Morpheus and Trinity retain there traditional Matrix clothing and abilities. No prep. Who wins?

The Matrix Trilogy
*Morpheus - Katana and Glock 18.
*Trinity - Ninjato and Beretta 92.

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra
*Snake Eyes - Katana and FN FiveseveN.
*Storm Shadow - Duel Ninjato and Shuriken.

Setting: Train Station in Matrix Revolutions.

Robtard
Matrix, with ease.

Darth Martin
How? Snake Eyes seemed just as agile as Morpheus. They're more durable, sure, but I'd say the Joe's are more skilled.

KingD19
Indeed, Morpheus martial arts<Snake Eyes martial uberness, and Snake Eyes seems to have a level of gun kata.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
How? Snake Eyes seemed just as agile as Morpheus. They're more durable, sure, but I'd say the Joe's are more skilled.

If we put aside our "oh bam! I just watched GI Joe and it was like uber-awesome!" fanboyism aside, the Matrix crew conceivably know just about every martial arts form, as they just download the styles.

They're also faster, as they both can compete somewhat with the Agents and even Smith, who would curb-stomp the Joe-verse.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
Indeed, Morpheus martial arts<Snake Eyes martial uberness, and Snake Eyes seems to have a level of gun kata.

Ha, no. The Gramaton Cleric would solo both the ninjas.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
If we put aside our "oh bam! I just watched GI Joe and it was like uber-awesome!" fanboyism aside, the Matrix crew conceivably know just about every martial arts form, as they just download the styles. I didn't like the film, personally. I thought it was worse than Transformers 2. Snake Eyes was one of two or three things that made me stay interested.

I'm full aware that Morpheus and Trinity they know more styles. I'm arguing that the Joe's look more skilled when they actually perform there moves and tactics. The Joe's are also more experienced and train more. They were uber before they even hit adolescence.

Originally posted by Robtard
Ha, no. The Gramaton Cleric would solo both the ninjas. In a gunbattle sure. Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow would be the end of Preston in a swordfight or in h2h combat.

Robtard
I didn't like the film, personally. I thought it was worse than Transformers 2. Snake Eyes was one of two or three things that made me stay interested.

I'm full aware that Morpheus and Trinity they know more styles. I'm arguing that the Joe's look more skilled when they actually perform there moves and tactics. The Joe's are also more experienced and train more. They were uber before they even hit adolescence.

In a gunbattle sure. Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow would be the end of Preston in a swordfight or in h2h combat.

They looked more skilled because Ray Park is an actual martial artist and stunt performer, while Lawrence is just a fat old guy.

The Matrix crew gets master-levels of skills downloaded directly into them, that beats any training the GI Joes could do.

The Cleric is trained to always be out of the kill zone, if he can avoid bullets from multiple guns, those two wouldn't likely touch him before he cut their faces off.

Darth Martin
I don't think the gun katas account for beings as skilled as Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I also somewhat agree with the poster who said Snake Eyes might have his own gun kata. When he saves Duke and Ripcord's asses when jumping out of the helicopter he is seen dodging and blocking shots with his sword IIRC.

Robtard
I don't think the gun katas account for beings as skilled as Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I also somewhat agree with the poster who said Snake Eyes might have his own gun kata. When he saves Duke and Ripcord's asses when jumping out of the helicopter he is seen dodging and blocking shots with his sword IIRC.

So being able to predict where multiple bullets fired from multiple opponents will be and effectively 'dodging' them doesn't compare to some sword swinging and flipping about? Nonsense.

I don't recall SE bullet blocking or dodging bullets while in midair. Granted, I wasn't glued to my seat and paying full attention, so it could have happened. Will need proof.

Darth Martin
All I'm saying is the whole idea of the gun kata is %'s and statistics accumulated over maybe 100 years. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are far from your average combatant. As far as there particular world goes I'd say there the top two combatants on the planet.

I never said he did it in midair. I said after he had jumped out of the helicopter. I was just notifying you on which scene I was speaking of. It took place on the ground.

Robtard
All I'm saying is the whole idea of the gun kata is %'s and statistics accumulated over maybe 100 years. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are far from your average combatant. As far as there particular world goes I'd say there the top two combatants on the planet.

I never said he did it in midair. I said after he had jumped out of the helicopter. I was just notifying you on which scene I was speaking of. It took place on the ground.

Besides it being mentioned, the Cleric actually pulls it off; repetedly too, so it's a feat he can do.

Again, I don't recall.

Darth Martin
Pulls what off? Dodging bullets? Sure, but let's keep in mind he does this soley based on the gun katas. He has no superhuman speed to speak of.

Robtard
Pulls what off? Dodging bullets? Sure, but let's keep in mind he does this soley based on the gun katas. He has no superhuman speed to speak of.

He has instant prediction where attacks are going to land and he can adjust himself ahead of time to avoid them; that's good enough.

Darth Martin
When you said he'd solo the Joe's, were you implying he'd do it h2h or in a swordfight? Or just in a gunbattle?

Robtard
Guns he solos, via avoiding their fire and shooting them in the face.

Swords he solos, via cutting off their faces.

H2H, he might not pull this one off.

Darth Martin
See I'm under the opinion that he solos the gun battle. He gets killed in a swordfight or h2h against either IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.