Who is the most respected Villian in comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aqua-pimp
Dr Doom - He stole the powers of the silver surfer and did a sh*tload of other cool stuff.

Thanos - read infinte gaunlet..Nuff said.

The Joker - Just doesn't give a f*ck about nobody.

Lex Luthor - the arch enemy of Superman (My personal favorite:P)Nuff said.

Norman Osborn - He f*cked Spidey over many many times..gotta give him props fo that.

Darkseid - The guy lives on a f*cked up Planet..He has a freakin vulcano in his backyard for cryin out loud gotta give him props fo that:P

Wel who do you think is the most respected?

grimify
Doom, no contest

Konton
You forgot Harley.

chomperx9
joker

thanos-prime
Thanos.

Lord Feron
Doom
Among villians and Heroes he is IMO most respected and he even holds himself to a high standard.

Original Smurph
Thanos

Parmaniac
Doom's the most respected, people who post for Thanos I would agree he should but he isn't the most respected.

Bouboumaster
Thanos is the most respected and the most feared of them all

KuRuPT Thanosi
Between Doom and Thanos

Ouallada
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Doom's the most respected, people who post for Thanos I would agree he should but he isn't the most respected.

Well, Magus with IG was worried because Warlock was following someone he considered more diabolical than himself. That's pretty high praise.

Nihilist
With alot of these guys there is a fine line between fear and respect.

Ouallada
Machiavelli would assure you that fear inevitably leads to respect. smile

Tattoos N Scars
Lex Luthor...hell, he was respected enough to become the U.S. President...lol

Survivor19
Thanos. The guy has universal respect.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Ouallada

Psychoman would assure you that fear inevitably leads to aggression wink

EDIT: Sorry I got the thread wrong I thought respect given by readers big grin

chomperx9
i dont know why thanos has the top votes for respected just cause hes the most powerful. lots of folks that arent that heavy comic readers dont even know who thanos is.

illadelph12
I'd put in a write-in ballot for Magneto personally, though I don't really consider him a pure villain despite his murders/crimes. He stands for an ideal greater than himself and his ego which garners the respect of his friends and foes.

psycho gundam
how do we gauge respect?

is it from us - the readers, or from the comic world(s)?

AlmightyKfish
In the comic world, Thanos inevitably is more feared/respected due to the sheer scope of his influence.

Everyone across the cosmos has heard of Thanos The Mad Titan, I mean, you can see the reaction of people at the Kyln when they realise it's him.

The same applies to Darkseid.

The other villains are somewhat limited to the respect/fear (can be interpreted either way) of those on Earth...

darkfan76

celestialdemon
If we're talking about in the comic book world, then I would say Doom. Even Thanos respects Doom's intelligence.

gobstakid777
actually according to him,fear will most likely lead to hate.
he if necessary it's better to be feared than loved,though u should try to be loved,but he says never let hat fear lead to hate
U got served some Prince
btw it's a toss for me between all except osborn
their all extremely badass but....
doom porbably most respected cause his xanatos gambits
joker most feared cause he kills on a whim

Darth Martin
Doom is hands down the most respected as far as the comic characters are concerned.

Slaanesh
Thanos

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
In the comic world, Thanos inevitably is more feared/respected due to the sheer scope of his influence.

Everyone across the cosmos has heard of Thanos The Mad Titan, I mean, you can see the reaction of people at the Kyln when they realise it's him.

Across the cosmos yes, even the abstracts and LT respect him.

But strictly speaking from a readers point of view, Doom is way more respected by writers and readers. The recent Master of Doom storyline infuriated readers to no end. They couldn't bare the thought of Doom bowing to anyone. Joker comes a close second.

Wei Phoenix
Doom.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by celestialdemon
If we're talking about in the comic book world, then I would say Doom. Even Thanos respects Doom's intelligence.

Yes sir!

psycho gundam
Originally posted by celestialdemon
If we're talking about in the comic book world, then I would say Doom. Even Thanos respects Doom's intelligence. thanos keeps an eye on doom.

he knows how he operates and recognizes his thirst for power, and didn't forget what he tried to do during the power gem incedent. it's as much if not more of a strategic move than one of strictly respect.

sun tzu anyone?

Wei Phoenix
Too me the scan implies he respects him at least a bit.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Stats/DoomRespect02TheEnd1.jpg

Knowsbleed33
Doom.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd put in a write-in ballot for Magneto personally, though I don't really consider him a pure villain despite his murders/crimes. He stands for an ideal greater than himself and his ego which garners the respect of his friends and foes.

thumb up Mutants flocked in mass numbers to his ideal. Much as he tends to cross ethical lines, he has the respect of lots of people for "defending the mutant cause."

I'd still vote Doom first. He gains the respect of almost everyone for his intelligence. You can hate him all you want, but you can never underestimate the man. To do so is foolish.

Prep-Man
Doom.

Ouallada
Originally posted by gobstakid777
actually according to him,fear will most likely lead to hate.
he if necessary it's better to be feared than loved,though u should try to be loved,but he says never let hat fear lead to hate

That was a parallel. If you can't be respected and feared, then choose to be feared.

Placidity
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Too me the scan implies he respects him at least a bit.

Seems to me he outright respects Doom.

Mindset
Originally posted by grimify
Doom, no contest

Enyalus
That was a parallel. If you can't be respected and feared, then choose to be feared.
Pretty sure Machiavelli's ranking went, it's best to be respected, next to be feared, and worst to be loved.

Within his universe, Thanos is the most respected out of these, IMO. In general though? Doom...he's even got his own ride at Universal Studios. big grin

Ouallada
It was more like loved and feared > feared but without cruelty > loved > feared but with cruelty.

cmack
dr doom he is capable of so much to not be a cosmic alien or anyone of that nature, he is top 10 smartest men in comics, sorcerer to be feared, and he has high morals

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by grimify
Doom, no contest

rotiart
Doomanos
thadoom?
Cross the two together to get the gangstas paradise

in a bid to find the answer to the no more mutants problem beast turned to doom for help...

But I would say that the combination of fear and respect for thanos is greater than doom alone...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well the votes are just as they should be. Between Doom and Thanos

Kris Blaze
MF Doom

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Blair Wind

I'd still vote Doom first. He gains the respect of almost everyone for his intelligence. You can hate him all you want, but you can never underestimate the man. To do so is foolish. same has been said about thanos though, just on a universal scale as opposed to doom's earth bound notoriety.

of coarse the highly anticipated response is: then why thanos say he respected doom then?, simply, thanos is less arrogant than doom is..actually everyone is. doom was never a threat to thanos, the opposite isn't true however.

a large part of doom's origin is tied to mephisto, whom thanos has actually pimped many times, and casually choked to death.

-----------------------------------

and magneto is probably more respected than doom is in the comic world.

Tha C-Master
I have to give this one to Thanos, Doom *may* be the most respected on the earth, but not overall IMO, not like Thanos is.

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
same has been said about thanos though, just on a universal scale as opposed to doom's earth bound notoriety.

of coarse the highly anticipated response is: then why thanos say he respected doom then?, simply, thanos is less arrogant than doom is..actually everyone is. doom was never a threat to thanos, the opposite isn't true however.

a large part of doom's origin is tied to mephisto, whom thanos has actually pimped many times, and casually choked to death.

-----------------------------------

and magneto is probably more respected than doom is in the comic world. Yes, but Thanos takes him on with his skyfather level power, Doom takes him on with his sheer awesomeness.

No, as a villain Doom is definitely the most respected on Earth, that's not even up for debate.

r0nm0n88
gatta be thanos, dude is crazy. look at this forum alone. he gets so much respect.
Dooms is deff a close second tho. that guys just always a step ahead, sometimes 5 steps head

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.