Yoda in Empire question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xxxpoppunker182
Does anyone know why yoda acts like he does when luke first meets him?

K-Dog
I'm assuming to test Luke's patience and character and how he handles a stressful situation. ESB was on again tonight and I was cracking up watching Luke run around with a fake Yoda doll on his back again.

dadudemon
1. To hide his true nature as the former Jedi Grandmaster as the Jedi Purge was still very fresh in memory.

2. Comic relief.

3. What K-Dog said above: Yoda probably forsaw Luke's coming and so, Yoda wanted to test young Luke to see how serious he was about finding Yoda.

Rogue Jedi
He drank too much swamp juice.

DarthLazious
Originally posted by dadudemon
1. To hide his true nature as the former Jedi Grandmaster as the Jedi Purge was still very fresh in memory.

2. Comic relief.

3. What K-Dog said above: Yoda probably forsaw Luke's coming and so, Yoda wanted to test young Luke to see how serious he was about finding Yoda.

Thats correct.

Anakin_the_Hutt
It was all to test Luke's patience.

JediRobin23
Yoda somehow ordered death sticks from Corusant

queeq
Is that what he thought Luke had in pack?

JediRobin23
yeah, maybe....
laughing out loud
now I'm convinced

queeq
Me too.

InfernoJG95
Real reason: it was to show even a fool can be wise
funny reason: he was doped on death sticks and swamp gas

Kickballjedi
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
Does anyone know why yoda acts like he does when luke first meets him?

There was also an edited scene from Episode III where Yoda, trying to throw off some Clone Troopers following order 66, acts exactly like that. For the same reasons- hide the fact he's a Jedi Knight, make the troopers impatient so they don't want to deal with him, etc...

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Kickballjedi
There was also an edited scene from Episode III where Yoda, trying to throw off some Clone Troopers following order 66, acts exactly like that. For the same reasons- hide the fact he's a Jedi Knight, make the troopers impatient so they don't want to deal with him, etc...

I dont remember that? I did see the deleted scenes but that was awhile ago...

Kickballjedi
Originally posted by JediRobin23
I dont remember that? I did see the deleted scenes but that was awhile ago...

I couldn't find a video of the scene, but here is a description from the "ROTS Illustrated Screenplay" E-book...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

152 EXT. KASHYYYK - LAKE ON VILLAGE EDGE - DUSK

CLONES in modified one-man AT-ST's and Swamp Speeders flash their searchlights across the gloomy lake. The light of one of the AT-ST's spots something floating in the water. It is what's left of a Wookiee catamaran. The body of a dead Wookiee (TARFUL) is lying across the stern of the wreckage of the flying boat. There is some movement on the boat. The CLONE SERGEANT on the AT-ST fires a warning shot past the boat.

AT-ST CLONE SERGEANT
Everyone out of there!

A CRAZY LITTLE CREATURE about two feet high pops its head over the rail. The creature is covered with mud. His long hair is frizzed out in all directions.

CREATURE
Wookiee good...eat Wookiee. (crazy little laugh)

CLONE SERGEANT
Did you find something?

CREATURE
It's nothing, nothing. (laughs)

CLONE SERGEANT
It's nothing, nothing. All these Wookiees are dead. Move to the east.

CLONE TROOPER
Yes, sir.

Suddenly, CHEWBACCA climbs up behind the AT-ST CLONE, dripping wet, and throws the CLONE SERGEANT into the water. CHEWIE BARKS.

CREATURE
Right you are, Chewbacca. Faster that will be.

TARFUL jumps up into the boat, and the CREATURE takes off his hair. It is Yoda.

YODA
Stink, this mud does. A moment to bathe, give me.

YODA, covered with mud, jumps into the water. TARFUL climbs onto the AT-ST with CHEWBACCA. YODA is out of the water and putting his robes back on.

YODA
(continuing) Not far, are we, from the emergency ship. Quickly...

YODA whistles and a large ALIEN FLYING INSECT called CAN-CELL appears. YODA jumps on the insect's back and they take off. The WOOKIEES follow on the AT-ST. The CLONES continue to search the swamp.

153 EXT. KASHYYYK - HILLS OVERLOOKING LAKE - DUSK

The AT-ST marches up the hill and stops. The WOOKIEES jump down. YODA lands on CAN-CELL, nearby. CHEWBACCA goes to a tree and pulls down one of its braches.
The ground opens up, and a small WOOKIEE ESCAPE POD rises into the field. YODA opens the door of the pod.

YODA
Good-bye. Chewbacca and Tarful, miss you I will. Good friends you are. For your help, much gratitude and respect, I have.

Vensai
Yoda was testing Luke to see if he understood that his eyes could deceive him... And to get some free snacks.

Doctorwho?
Maybe he has just gone senile after along time of exile with only snakes and bugs as company.

jmoul
He also wanted the free flashlight, and to get a few good cracks at R2-D2 with his cane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.