Simon Dark vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
in a ring, standard gear. this is simon at the end of the series. which of gotham's dark defenders is left standing?

Prep-Man
wow, a simon dark thread. never thought i'd see one of these. anyway, i don't think there is a way to put this guy down. bullets don't do it and he has some good agility feats. in the end, i'll go with simon.

unless bruce has time to prepare.

leonidas
simon was very cool. hope he makes a return sometime.

Juntai
Is that series gone now?

I collected like the first 5, then stopped. I was interested, but when I spend like 40 a week on comics as it is, a series has to be pretty special for me to add it in.

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
Is that series gone now?

I collected like the first 5, then stopped. I was interested, but when I spend like 40 a week on comics as it is, a series has to be pretty special for me to add it in.

ended with #18. i'd recommend it. i enjoyed the series very much. and i used to spend that much--and that's when books were much less than they are now. it's why i gave up active collecting. the cost of comics is ridiculous . . . erm

Prep-Man
yeah, plus it only took like 5 minutes to READ Simon Dark. Great story all around, but i don't want to pay over 3 bucks to read something that only takes 5 min

Galan007
loved simon dark. so he wins just by that premise. stick out tongue

Mindset
Well he was able to rip a guy in half that had similar stats as himself.

leonidas
he had a couple great agility and one or two nice speed feats as well. i think he could take a couple for sure. i loved his 3 demon buddies. those guys were COOL!

Prep-Man
i think simon could take way more than a couple. afterall, he is super human.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Simon Dark wins in a beatdown. He wins just because of the awesome factor as well.

Man, I really loved Simon Dark. Re-reading his entire series right at this moment. Sucks that it was canceled. A great character.

leonidas
hmm, hard to say for sure it would be a beatdown, imo. if say, bats used a laser from his belt to slice off body parts, simon would have a hard time. it's a tough call. straight h2h bats has fought far stronger even than simon and MORE than held his own. bats's skill and experience would help him enormously in this battle, not to mention his ability to attack from a distance. i think it would be an interesting fight, but i'd certainly go with bats more often than not.

coolness though? simon takes it. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Simon had rather impressive superhuman stats and was practically invulnerable and felt no pain. I don't see how Batman is going to put down Simon. He gets in close and Batman does have the skill advantage, but Simon does have some impressive agility feats, and he isn't exactly new to the hand to hand combat thing.

Throw in his supernatural powers,and he takes it. One of his abilities is that he can learn/download things from beings or give information to beings without even needing to touch them. Downloading information from an enemy or downloading information to a friend. Learning what they know. Doing so to Batman would make him lose the skill advantage right off the bat. That's his only advantage in close quarters combat. Throw in his ability to tell and know what people can do before they can do, like an unexplained form of precognition, and Batman is a dead man in a fist fight.

Plus all the other magical crap he knows as the Mayor of Gotham. I recall him using telekinesis on a sender stone, using magic for all these random effects like travelling to other plain of realities and dimensions with other people if he chooses so, and all these random stuff. He also his familiars who are shape shifters.

In other words, Batman is outmatched here.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Simon had rather impressive superhuman stats and was practically invulnerable and felt no pain. I don't see how Batman is going to put down Simon. He gets in close and Batman does have the skill advantage, but Simon does have some impressive agility feats, and he isn't exactly new to the hand to hand combat thing.

Throw in his supernatural powers,and he takes it. One of his abilities is that he can learn/download things from beings or give information to beings without even needing to touch them. Downloading information from an enemy or downloading information to a friend. Learning what they know. Doing so to Batman would make him lose the skill advantage right off the bat. That's his only advantage in close quarters combat. Throw in his ability to tell and know what people can do before they can do, like an unexplained form of precognition, and Batman is a dead man in a fist fight.

Plus all the other magical crap he knows as the Mayor of Gotham. I recall him using telekinesis on a sender stone, using magic for all these random effects like travelling to other plain of realities and dimensions with other people if he chooses so, and all these random stuff. He also his familiars who are shape shifters.

Finally something we can agree on. thumbs up.

leonidas

nah. you're overstating his 'downloading' ability by a large margin. and bats doesn't need to get in close, though i think he could do so. you're also overstating his precog. it's not even close to the spider-sense you're making it out to be. simon is cool--he deosn't need to be exaggerated.

laser to cut off limbs. doesn't matter if simon can feel it or not. the sending stone isn't standard, and bats could likely dodge it anyway.

not saying simon couldn't take it--with more books and showings ot solidify his powers this MIGHT be spite. based on what was shown though, bats still take the majority imo.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by leonidas
nah. you're overstating his 'downloading' ability by a large margin. and bats doesn't need to get in close, though i think he could do so. you're also overstating his precog. it's not even close to the spider-sense you're making it out to be. simon is cool--he deosn't need to be exaggerated.

laser to cut off limbs. doesn't matter if simon can feel it or not. the sending stone isn't standard, and bats could likely dodge it anyway.

not saying simon couldn't take it--with more books and showings ot solidify his powers this MIGHT be spite. based on what was shown though, bats still take the majority imo.

didn't simon have regeneration abilities as well?

leonidas
yeah, to a degree. he healed from bullets but he needed to have severed body parts sewn on. normally i'd say bats wouldn't go the laser route, but with basic knowledge he'd know simon was supernatural and could survive the attack.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas

I am? As I recall, he could easily download into himself or download into others what he needed. The first time he did, it took him a time as he just learned that ability, but after he did it much easier. I recall him being able to tell what someone was going to do, a lot later than they did it. Days later as I recall.

Because Batman uses lazers to cut off limbs usually right?

Doesn't Simon have ridiculous healing abilities? He was shot point blank multiple times, at least 10 times as I recall, in the chest and maybe the head because he refused to fight against policemen. He healed in the span of an hour or two, once he escaped the autopsy room and came back to live. Even an inferior version of Simon, could reattach bones, nerves and even a falling off limb without a problem.

The stone was kept in his pocket, and I mentioned the stone to signify the significance of moving it with his mind. This dude could bring back dead people. His magic powers were incredible. I wish he was portrayed more and was explored more. Wonderful character.

Simon could rip Batman in half with no problem if he wanted too. He ripped in half a superhuman with no problem.

Juntai
I am? As I recall, he could easily download into himself or download into others what he needed. The first time he did, it took him a time as he just learned that ability, but after he did it much easier. I recall him being able to tell what someone was going to do, a lot later than they did it. Days later as I recall.

Because Batman uses lazers to cut off limbs usually right?

Doesn't Simon have ridiculous healing abilities? He was shot point blank multiple times, at least 10 times as I recall, in the chest and maybe the head because he refused to fight against policemen. He healed in the span of an hour or two, once he escaped the autopsy room and came back to live. Even an inferior version of Simon, could reattach bones, nerves and even a falling off limb without a problem.

The stone was kept in his pocket, and I mentioned the stone to signify the significance of moving it with his mind. This dude could bring back dead people. His magic powers were incredible. I wish he was portrayed more and was explored more. Wonderful character.

Simon could rip Batman in half with no problem if he wanted too. He ripped in half a superhuman with no problem. Yah, people with superpowers, like enhanced strength, stamina, and healing ability are simply too much for Batman. I mean, like what's Batman gonna do? Kung-Fu him onto the concrete and throw some handcuffs onto him co-designed by Mister Miracle to be inescapable or something? Get out of here.

Keep tellin' em Rage.

Anyone with powers is too much for Batman.

leonidas
Yah, people with superpowers, like enhanced strength, stamina, and healing ability are simply too much for Batman. I mean, like what's Batman gonna do? Kung-Fu him onto the concrete and throw some handcuffs onto him co-designed by Mister Miracle to be inescapable or something? Get out of here.

Keep tellin' em Rage.

laughing out loud

yeah, i love simon, but he doesn't bring anything new to bats. he did get shot and ko'd by the police, but that was before he discovered the extent of his powers. simon also used a lot of prep to do many of his spells.

a laser is only one option--and again, bats could use it here because he'd know it wouldn't actually do anymore than debillitate simon. and he isn't tapping into batman and dl'ing his skills . . . it didn't work like that. he did show some ability to read minds and to grant information. could he use that offensively to stun bats and get a win? maybe? i didn't say bats wins 10/10, just that given his experience and skills, he'd win a majority.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Juntai Yah, people with superpowers, like enhanced strength, stamina, and healing ability are simply too much for Batman. I mean, like what's Batman gonna do? Kung-Fu him onto the concrete and throw some handcuffs onto him co-designed by Mister Miracle to be inescapable or something? Get out of here.

Keep tellin' em Rage.

Lol. I'm not underestimating Batman, simply listing why in my opinion Simon would win. He has superhuman strength, and is practically invulnerable. Throw in his super natural powers, and his familiars which technically count as standard equipment based on his last few showings, who are 3 shape shifting undead like monsters, then I would pretty much give the edge to Simon Dark.

You think Batman wins? That's great. thumb up

Bruce has overcome the odds before. I just don't think he will do it here. At least not for the majority of the time.

Mindset

Anyone with powers is too much for Batman. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cUgUYFPgeuM/SfHlkfI3RlI/AAAAAAAAADo/KNSWr5_0KaQ/s320/Amen-Brother.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.