Fables

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Selphie
So a few weeks ago, I was introduced to Fables! Fables is all about your beloved fairy tale characters, all mashed up into a comic book, taking place in modern day New York.

Any one a fan? I certainly am, and would recommend it to any person that enjoyed fairy tales as a kid, and maybe isn't into a lot of 'super hero' comics.

Scythe
I am! I like pretty much all these stories. Though it's been awhile since I've read them, the Wolf as a detective trying to solve a murder was my favorite.

Martian_mind
One of the best ongoing series ever written.

Jack of Fables is THE best.

Selphie
Haven't read Jack of Fables yet, but yeah, I've heard it's pretty damn good. Just finished the third book of Fables. The ending... wasn't expecting that.

Original Smurph
Fables is probably the best ongoing right now. Can't praise it enough.

Jack of Fables, meh. I find it's too much of the same story line every issue, and get tired of having a narrator that thinks the reader's an idiot. I like it because it expands on the Fables world though.

BruceSkywalker
i will take a look at this

Rage.Of.Olympus
Fables is amazing. I agree, it is probably the best ongoing series.

I love Jack of Fables. The character. Story does get a bit of repetitive in the comic though but the book is still good. Boy Blue when he was the assasin and Bigby are my favorite characters.

Makes me miss 100 Bullets.

Scythe
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Fables is amazing. I agree, it is probably the best ongoing series.

I love Jack of Fables. The character. Story does get a bit of repetitive in the comic though but the book is still good. Boy Blue when he was the assasin and Bigby are my favorite characters.

Makes me miss 100 Bullets.

I know, 100 Bullets was great too.

Martian_mind
Here's a question. Could Boy Blue with the witching cloak and the vorpal blade take down Flycatcher at the height of his power?

Original Smurph
Flycatcher's power level was so ambiguous, it's hard to tell.

Probably comes down to whether the blade could cut through Fly's armor.

Allankles
Great series the original story arc was pretty good TC - the Adversary story arc, which goes for 40+ issues don't remember if I ever finished it.

The whole thing is now 100+ issues deep, when I get the time I'll have a lot to catch up to.

Symmetric Chaos
Fables is awesome. I've been slowly buying all the trades.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Flycatcher's power level was so ambiguous, it's hard to tell.

Probably comes down to whether the blade could cut through Fly's armor.

mmm,I'm just thinkin since it was stated that at his height Fly could NEVER be defeated.Would that apply to Kevin Thorne and the other literals?

Also,i cried like a girl when Charming died

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
mmm,I'm just thinkin since it was stated that at his height Fly could NEVER be defeated.Would that apply to Kevin Thorne and the other literals?
Probably not, since the literals sort of define the Fables, as I understand it.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Probably not, since the literals sort of define the Fables, as I understand it.

I think it depends on the Literal though.Gary doesn't have any direct power over the Fables themeselves does he?

Also, in the latest issue was that Boy Blue's hand that burst out of the ground?

SebastianisI
Anybody reading this at the moment?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.