top 10 greatest military minds in history

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



gobstakid777
mine are in no particular order
alexander the great(in my eyes he was the best)
julius caesar
hitler(hey he did conquer a lot of countries)
genghis khan
napolean
horatio nelson
attila the hun
hannibal barca
patton
charlemagne

and sun tzu gets VERY honorable mention

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by gobstakid777
mine are in no particular order
alexander the great(in my eyes he was the best)
julius caesar
hitler(hey he did conquer a lot of countries)
genghis khan
napolean
horatio nelson
attila the hun
hannibal barca
patton
charlemagne

and sun tzu gets VERY honorable mention



I agree with a lot of your list...just not in the right order. I wouldn't put Hitler on the list. He wasn't a military strategist like most on this list. Hitler had a lot of competent generals on the field.

I would also put George Washington and Ulysses S. Grant on the list.

Kram3r
Robert E. Lee, whilst we're mentioning Grant.

lord xyz
Hitler was shit.

He ended up making his country smaller than what it was and forced it to be under strict supervision.

Nelson should be much higher too. Higher than Napoleon anyway.

Digi
Sun Tzu. He wrote the book on military strategy. Granted, it may just be that Sun Tzu is a placeholder name for various authors that constructed the Art of War. But assuming that it was indeed one man that composed it.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by gobstakid777
mine are in no particular order
alexander the great(in my eyes he was the best)
julius caesar
hitler(hey he did conquer a lot of countries)
genghis khan
napolean
horatio nelson
attila the hun
hannibal barca
patton
charlemagne

and sun tzu gets VERY honorable mention mine are in no particular order

Bicnarok
1. Me playing command & conquer
2. The new world order leader whoever it is
3. Alexander
4. Sun Tzu
5. King Alaric (of the Visigoths)
6. Hannibal
7. Nelson
8. Julius
9. Genghis Khan
10. Karl Philipp Gottlieb von Clausewitz

inimalist
no Bismarck mentions, eh?

Darth Macabre
Hitler was an awful military leader. If he just shut up and listened to his commanders, Germany would have been better off. Instead, he had to butt into every little detail and not allow his underlings the information that they needed in order to be successful.

Lists like this are hard, because you have to put Generals who were amazing on the list, but leave off others. Like you have Hannibal on your list, but where is Scipio? You have Charlemagne, but not Charles Martel.

Sado22
Tamur (tamberlain) conquered more empires in his time than any other iirc.

inimalist
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Like you have Hannibal on your list, but where is Scipio? You have Charlemagne, but not Charles Martel.

even then, it might be giving too much credit to the generals instead of their field commanders, etc.

I hear what you are saying smile

WhoopeeDee

celestialdemon
I would put Erwin Rommel in there instead of Hitler.

inimalist
el Cid?

King Kandy
Saladin might place.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I would put Erwin Rommel in there instead of Hitler.

KidRock
Charles Martel

Bicnarok

WhoopeeDee
Originally posted by King Kandy
Saladin might place.

Another underrated military mind. thumb up

wicker_man
Can only really think of five:
The Emperor (Star Wars)
God
The Devil
Bill Gates
Eddie (Iron Maiden's mascot)

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by KidRock
Charles Martel Glad to see the Hammer's getting some respect.

jinXed by JaNx
Big Alex and Patton.

bogen
Originally posted by Digi
Sun Tzu. He wrote the book on military strategy. Granted, it may just be that Sun Tzu is a placeholder name for various authors that constructed the Art of War. But assuming that it was indeed one man that composed it.

What he said.
Also forgot Authur wesellely ( the duke of wellington) he was the man to bring napoleon down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.