gambit vs cyclops only in hand 2 hand fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blue_beast
who do you think will win in a hand 2 hand fight

batdude123
Gambit rather easily.

outavodka
squirlle girl

cmack
gambit all day son!!!

celestialdemon
Gambit easily.

Peterlane
Its a tie.

psycho gundam
gambit's mutant abilities extend to his his physique rendering his agility near spider-man/nightcrawler's.

i still give it to cyclops though big grin

cmack
Originally posted by psycho gundam
gambit's mutant abilities extend to his his physique rendering his agility near spider-man/nightcrawler's.

i still give it to cyclops though big grin
that makes no since whatsoever
gambit all day son!!!

Battlehammer
Gambit easily

rotiart
Cyclops. The thread says Han to hand and that means no stick weapons for gambit. When have you ever seen gambit get in a fist fight...

Cyclops however has taken on four guys blind before with just hand to hand... Wolverine traine him... And he is held in regards as one of the best battle tactians...

StyleTime
This has been done several times before.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=509889& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Cyclops%29+foru
mid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=486356& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Cyclops%29+foru
mid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=458717&highlight=Gambit+vs+Cyclops+Hand+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=307847& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Cyclops%29+foru
mid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=413442& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Cyclops%29+foru
mid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=355898& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Cyclops%29+foru
mid%3A77

psycho gundam
Originally posted by cmack
that makes no since whatsoever freudian slip? facepalm

peejayd
Originally posted by rotiart
Cyclops. The thread says Han to hand and that means no stick weapons for gambit. When have you ever seen gambit get in a fist fight...

Cyclops however has taken on four guys blind before with just hand to hand... Wolverine traine him... And he is held in regards as one of the best battle tactians...

* not four... six thugs, one of them even has a gun... also, Logan did not train him, Cyke incorporated the fighting styles of his teammates, self-taught...

* and yes, Cyclops wins... if Gambit wins, it's not that easy...

Battlehammer
Originally posted by peejayd
* not four... six thugs, one of them even has a gun... also, Logan did not train him, Cyke incorporated the fighting styles of his teammates, self-taught...

* and yes, Cyclops wins... if Gambit wins, it's not that easy...
Actaully wolverine has trained cyclopes, cyclopes as allowed many of his teamates to teach him things.

Gambit is superhiman in agility, reflexes, dexterity ect. He has a huge phsycial advantage, and though cyclopes may be more skilled, he certainly not enough to overcome such superior physical abilites

peejayd
* you again? stick out tongue

Originally posted by Battlehammer
Actaully wolverine has trained cyclopes,

* no... and never...

cyclopes as allowed many of his teamates to teach him things.

* it was said on panel that he incorporated the fighting styles of his teammates, that is obviously self-taught...

Gambit is superhiman in agility, reflexes, dexterity ect. He has a huge phsycial advantage, and though cyclopes may be more skilled, he certainly not enough to overcome such superior physical abilites

* you just said Cyke might be more skilled, and it's more than enough... smile

Battlehammer
Originally posted by peejayd

* it was said on panel that he incorporated the fighting styles of his teammates, that is obviously self-taught...

* you just said Cyke might be more skilled, and it's more than enough... smile
No actauly that does not mean there self taught and I think PR would and has agreed that cykes is not self taught purely.

How is being slightly more skilled enough let a lone more then enough to beat so one with large physical advantage........ sounds more like bias wishful thinking then anything......

Slaanesh
gambit

peejayd
No actauly that does not mean there self taught and I think PR would and has agreed that cykes is not self taught purely.

* self-taught "purely"? Scott Summers worked his a$$ off in the Danger Room more than any other X-men... and just think how low can he get to be trained by someone who messes with his wife... hello? confused

How is being slightly more skilled enough let a lone more then enough to beat so one with large physical advantage........ sounds more like bias wishful thinking then anything......

* don't give me that crap... you said Scott was more skilled... now, you say, "slightly more skilled"... please compose yourself... well, i never saw you defending Scott in forums, so it figures anyway... wink

rotiart
incorporating does not mean self taught... it means you added it to your repertoire... now i'm not saying he didn't self teach himself.. just correcting the phrase itself...

and if this is true hand to hand... since gambits agility is amped by his powers does he get to do that?

also on the final note... i don't remember ever once seeing gambit throw down a punch... hits with stick sure.. but not with his hands... he could have glass knuckles for all we know...

and.. at battlehammer.. .how does one with skill beat one with greater physical stats?... spidey v firelord... spidey v hulk... captain america v ... hell half the avengers roster of enemies.. .batman fighting any of darkseids minions...

etc. etc... etc...

KingD19
It has been stated that Gambit fights with Savate(French Kickboxing), and he's good. He would win.

peejayd
incorporating does not mean self taught... it means you added it to your repertoire... now i'm not saying he didn't self teach himself.. just correcting the phrase itself...

* true... my bad...

Originally posted by KingD19
It has been stated that Gambit fights with Savate(French Kickboxing), and he's good. He would win.

* it has been stated Scott holds black belts in Judo and Aikido... smile

KingD19
Let me tell you why Gambit would win with Savate, because with Savate, it's similar to krav maga and dirty boxing, crotch shots, eye shots, anything to hurt your opponent. That combined with Gambit's abilities, makes this a win for him.

Wei Phoenix
Let me tell you why Gambit would win with Savate, because with Savate, it's similar to krav maga and dirty boxing, crotch shots, eye shots, anything to hurt your opponent. That combined with Gambit's abilities, makes this a win for him.

In a MA fight it's not usually style vs style, it's the skill of the fighter vs the skill of the other fighter. Someone who uses Sambo could very well drill someone who practices Jeet Kune Do and vice versa.

KingD19
True enough, but Gambit's high degree of skill, plus his abilities will give him the win. A physically enhanced martial artist on the same level of a normal one will usually take the win.

Lord Feron
I don't think Savante is like Krav maga at all...

Anyway Gambiut could use his powers in a H2H confrontation. It should allow him to win.

KingD19
I'm not saying it's exactly like it, I'm saying that both styles use strikes that maximize damage potential. Like eye gouges, groin shots, throat punches, etc...

r0nm0n88
i think gambit is a way better hand to hand fighter. SCOTT is all about the distance

Tha C-Master

and if this is true hand to hand... since gambits agility is amped by his powers does he get to do that?

also on the final note... i don't remember ever once seeing gambit throw down a punch... hits with stick sure.. but not with his hands... he could have glass knuckles for all we know...

and.. at battlehammer.. .how does one with skill beat one with greater physical stats?... spidey v firelord... spidey v hulk... captain america v ... hell half the avengers roster of enemies.. .batman fighting any of darkseids minions...

etc. etc... etc... A lot of those are PIS though, but I'm surprised to hear someone arguing about skill vs large physical advantage. No offense to anyone, just remember it coming up in Spiderman threads frequently.

blue_beast
gambit will take most of the wins since he is very agile and way too skilled for cyclops...since when cyclops is a skilled fighter anyway? yes i know cyclops took out 6 man blah blah but lets face it 90% of the times we see someone punch cyclops out and he is knocked out and i am not talking about someone like the hulk i am talking about nick fury level, hell there was one issue in uncanny x-men when a soldier punched cyclops and knocked him out.. now every time i see gambit using his fighting skills he is like night crawler he is always giving someone a beating with his acrobatics and his flying kicks

cmack
gambit reflexes are superhuman, he has caught a bullet in midflight, gambit ftw

blue_beast
gambit wins

psycho gundam

savate is just watered down muay thai (no elbows), whereas krav magra is a "survive at all costs" fighting system developed in the harsh israeli battlegrounds, most of which revolves around disarming your opponent.

savate has far too many illegal moves to be compared to krav magra

blue_beast
gambit wins

rotiart
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
A lot of those are PIS though, but I'm surprised to hear someone arguing about skill vs large physical advantage. No offense to anyone, just remember it coming up in Spiderman threads frequently.

I'm not the biggest gambit fan but I did use to read xmen... I also read the thread as hand to hand only so I assumed no stat amping by gambit to make himself more agile or whatever... And I'm not throwing pis out there for the sake of it bit other than to say than skill sometimes outbeats pure power...

For example spidey vs electro... A guy who should by all means electrocute spidey wherever he is... Or rhino... Captain america using his skills and well his shield to take down tougher opponents... Skill can sometimes overcome a small physical bonus...

And I had a couple points
1. Does gambit get to amp himself which gives him an unfair advantage as Scott doesn't get amps so I assumed it was no powers for either person.
2. This is hand to hand which gambit usually shows skill with weapons and not hand to hand
3. Most gambit feats are while amped so it's hard to Gage a non amped gambit

Metalmanx

I'm gonna remember you said this one.

KingD19
What do you mean far to many illegal moves??? Nothing is illegal in Krav Maga, it's survive by any means necessary, which means any move in Savate, can be incorporated into Krav Maga with a bit of effort.

Juk3n
Originally posted by cmack
gambit reflexes are superhuman, he has caught a bullet in midflight, gambit ftw

but been hit by punches moving way below Bullet speed.

Your logic are flawless.

Scott can win, but i give 7/ to Gumbo, enhanced reaction and agility will give him the edge

blue_beast
gambit will win because he is too fast and agile for cyclops as simple as it is, everytime i see someone goes fist fighting with cyclops he beats the crap out of him if its an oredenery soldier or if its someone like nick fury you always see cyclops take a punch and being knocked out or down, when you see gambit fight he is always using agility to avoid being hit and you always see him kicking someone with his kicks he is very skilled as a fighter and even without his bo stick he is still a great fighter on his own.

Warrior18
Gambit for the clear majority. 8/10

-Pr-
Originally posted by Metalmanx

laughing out loud

re thread: cyclops wasn't trained by the x-men per se. he did learn some things from them and incorporated (as someone already said) certain things in to his own skillset, but i doubt he has time to sit down and learn much when he's been the primary teacher at the school for many years now.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Fine remeber it, not sure how it going to help you. Cyclopes skill advantage over gambit if any is not much, and certainly not as high as gambit physical advantage over cyclopes who not even a true peak-human, while gambit a meta.

Please enlighten me how this helps you.

Battlehammer

And I had a couple points
1. Does gambit get to amp himself which gives him an unfair advantage as Scott doesn't get amps so I assumed it was no powers for either person.
2. This is hand to hand which gambit usually shows skill with weapons and not hand to hand
3. Most gambit feats are while amped so it's hard to Gage a non amped gambit
Gambit body automattically amped, he does not amp himself nor has control over it.

it h2h, it says nothing about physical powers.

scot normally does not fight h2h period, while gambit fights in melee combat far more.

gambit body automaticall is amp at superhuman levels, he deos not amp himself and he will have his superhuman phsycial abilities unless other wises stated.

Sin I AM
Its never been shown that Gambits powers keep his body at an amped level. He has to consciously tap into them to achieve said attributes.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Its never been shown that Gambits powers keep his body at an amped level. He has to consciously tap into them to achieve said attributes.
Actaully it has been. gambit has no controll over his physical superhuman abilities, which was even mention during a basket ball game vs woverine and rogue.

He does not consciously amp his phsyical stats, there are constantly at superhuman level (his ability, dexterity and reflexes) he can't even term them off.

Sin I AM
then y wouldnt his strength and durability be amped? I find it odd that just those abilities would increase automatically, whereas the others would have to be cousciously initiated.

KingD19
Because Gambit's body is a storehouse for kinetic energy, resulting in increased agility and dexterity, to have increased strength, his powers would have to be able to directly effect his muscles, which they don't. And yes, his body is constantly amped, the only aspect of his power which he controls is how much charge goes into objects.

Sin I AM
Because Gambit's body is a storehouse for kinetic energy, resulting in increased agility and dexterity, to have increased strength, his powers would have to be able to directly effect his muscles, which they don't. And yes, his body is constantly amped, the only aspect of his power which he controls is how much charge goes into objects.

Thats a ridiculous explanation, in order to move as fast as he's capable his MUSCLES must be amped correct? It would only be plausible that his strength would be amped as well, which as i have seen is never stated. How can his leg muscles propel him to acrobatic heights because of his powers but said muscles only kick as hard as a normal human because the strength portion of his muscles werent enhanced? Until otherwise shown Im gonna conclude that he must consciously amp his attributes

KingD19
Okay, to put it simply, that's how his creators made him. He always has a static psychic shield because of his powers, his physical attributes are always amped because of his powers. His strength isn't amped because his creators didn't make it that way. And maybe he's so acrobatic because his body stores and releases kinetic energy for jumps and kicks.

Sin I AM
meh i'll concede...your probably right

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Sin I AM
meh i'll concede...your probably right
he is right.

Gambit strength and durability arnt amp nor can he amp them.

Artimid
Well, I am going to have to say Cyclops wins, as Cyclops has beat down a berserk Wolverine single handed 1 on 1 without his powers.

With his intelligence and his training, I place Cyclops pretty far above Gambit as far as 1vs1 goes.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Artimid
Well, I am going to have to say Cyclops wins, as Cyclops has beat down a berserk Wolverine single handed 1 on 1 without his powers.

With his intelligence and his training, I place Cyclops pretty far above Gambit as far as 1vs1 goes.
That far less impressive then your making it sound. For starters all he did was dodge wolverine after he flipped him over and even stated he had to stop the fight before he got killed. This was also prior to wolverine character development, wolverine was not a skilled fighter at the time that was written in later. It impressive, but nothing beyond what gambit has showed. Also we dont base are opinion here off single showings. If cyclopes tried that student now he be dropped quite easily.

StiltmanFTW
That far less impressive then your making it sound. For starters all he did was dodge wolverine after he flipped him over and even stated he had to stop the fight before he got killed. This was also prior to wolverine character development, wolverine was not a skilled fighter at the time that was written in later. It impressive, but nothing beyond what gambit has showed. Also we dont base are opinion here off single showings. If cyclopes tried that student now he be dropped quite easily.

Not to mention that happened right after Wolverine's encounter with Proteus. He was all messed up.

Gambit FTW.

Artimid
Yeah, but Savate isn't some sort all powerful class of fighting, not to mention Cyclops might know it as well. He does know Judo, he trained in Boxing, and while he isn't up to Batman or Captain American standards, he isn't exactly some unskilled runt.

I still give it a pretty far level ahead for Cyclops.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Artimid
Yeah, but Savate isn't some sort all powerful class of fighting, not to mention Cyclops might know it as well. He does know Judo, he trained in Boxing, and while he isn't up to Batman or Captain American standards, he isn't exactly some unskilled runt.

I still give it a pretty far level ahead for Cyclops.

Really how does cyclopes know savate? I think your giving cyclopes the benfit of the doubt when it no warented.

No one saying savate the all power class of fighting, there saying cyclopes is dealing with a meta human who out classes cyclopes pretty handily physically and who also a master of a martial art.

also savate>judo, one a style for real life fighting another is a style design for sport.

peejayd
Actaully it has been. gambit has no controll over his physical superhuman abilities, which was even mention during a basket ball game vs woverine and rogue.

He does not consciously amp his phsyical stats, there are constantly at superhuman level (his ability, dexterity and reflexes) he can't even term them off.

* the match is H2H, everybody already assumed Gambit's agility... let the TS clarify if both men are fighting with no powers because Gambit's power includes natural agility (as said in the comic basketball game), let's clarify if Gambit has those amp or not, it would tip a big factor of the match...

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Not to mention that happened right after Wolverine's encounter with Proteus. He was all messed up.

Gambit FTW.

any man who can dodge foot long claws that can slice through anything coming at him like that deserves props, imo.

Really how does cyclopes know savate? I think your giving cyclopes the benfit of the doubt when it no warented.

No one saying savate the all power class of fighting, there saying cyclopes is dealing with a meta human who out classes cyclopes pretty handily physically and who also a master of a martial art.

also savate>judo, one a style for real life fighting another is a style design for sport.

if judo wasn't so effective, it wouldn't be taught so widely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.