Sin City vs League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Recent events of unexplainable supernatural activity have put citizens of Basin City, members of the Watchmen, and LXG against each other. Standard Equipment for all.

Team Sin City/Watchmen
*Detective Hartigan
*Marv
*Nite Owl (Special Guest courtesy of Watchmen)
*Kevin

Team LXG
*Alan Quartermain
*Mr. Hyde
*Captain Nemo
*Dorian Grey

Setting: Roark Family Ranch

Please description with your reasonings and explanations. Who wins?

Tattoos N Scars
I don't know...Mr. Hyde was like a Hulk in that movie...he could squash that other team solo, perhaps.

Rogue Jedi
LXG, Dorian cannot be killed. Team SC should have Dwight.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I don't know...Mr. Hyde was like a Hulk in that movie...he could squash that other team solo, perhaps. I'm not sure. I think he might have been vulnerable to gunfire. He was holding that shield up and it couldn't have provided much cover for Nemo's soldiers so I'm inclined to think he was giving himself some sort of cover. Marv on the other hand has lived from submachine gun fire from multiple individuals at the same time and been run over by cars multiple times in less than 30 seconds and got up with no extreme damage.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
LXG, Dorian cannot be killed. Team SC should have Dwight. But Grey can be restrained as seen on film. He's got skill but can he hit Kevin? What if Kevin blinds him like he did Marv?

Dwight is overrated. Besides shoot at things in slow motion what skill/feats did he show?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I'm not sure. I think he might have been vulnerable to gunfire. He was holding that shield up and it couldn't have provided much cover for Nemo's soldiers so I'm inclined to think he was giving himself some sort of cover. Marv on the other hand has lived from submachine gun fire from multiple individuals at the same time and been run over by cars multiple times in less than 30 seconds and got up with no extreme damage.

But Grey can be restrained as seen on film. He's got skill but can he hit Kevin? What if Kevin blinds him like he did Marv?

Dwight is overrated. Besides shoot at things in slow motion what skill/feats did he show?

True, but Mr. Hyde would be leagues beyond Marv in strength though. Marv would have to avoid being grabbed by Hyde..that dude could probably literally rip him in half.

Darth Martin
Rip him in half? I don't think so. Marv is much tougher and has a much higher damage soak, not to mention a .45 caliber pistol.

Rogue Jedi

But Grey can be restrained as seen on film. He's got skill but can he hit Kevin? What if Kevin blinds him like he did Marv?

Dwight is overrated. Besides shoot at things in slow motion what skill/feats did he show? Doesnt matter, Dorian cannot be killed, If Kevin blinds him, he regens like Wolvie.

Dwight is the best pistoleer in SC.

Darth Martin
It does matter. If he's restrained to a wall like he was in LXG or tied up he's out of the fight. Wolverine can get out of most situations like that because of his adamantium claws. Grey has no such thing. How would he regenerate from being blinded? It's not a wound or puncture.

It's not just that. If I inserted Dwight I'd have to put someone in for LXG. Do you want Ms. Harker eating his ass?

Rogue Jedi
Team Sin City/Watchmen
*Detective Hartigan: Can take the most abuse, possibly more than Marv. But I think Quartermain snuffs him with a head shot.

*Marv: Badass that he is, I dont think he stands a chance against Hyde.

*Nite Owl (Special Guest courtesy of Watchmen): No comment, I hate him.

*Kevin: SPEED......He'll tear Nemo a new *******.

Team LXG
*Alan Quartermain: Pretty much the best shot of any movie hero I have ever seen. He could possibly tae put Hartigan, Kevin and Nite Owl with three shots.

*Mr. Hyde: PWNS Marv.

*Captain Nemo: Fast, badas, but Kevin is faster and more badass.

*Dorian Grey: Cannot be killed.

Quartermain and Grey solo.

Rogue Jedi
It does matter. If he's restrained to a wall like he was in LXG or tied up he's out of the fight. Wolverine can get out of most situations like that because of his adamantium claws. Grey has no such thing. How would he regenerate from being blinded? It's not a wound or puncture.

It's not just that. If I inserted Dwight I'd have to put someone in for LXG. Do you want Ms. Harker eating his ass? How will team SC restrain him?

And yes, Grey heals from anything, he is immortal.

Darth Martin
How will team SC restrain him? It's his farm, I'm sure once he sees the guy's immortal they'd think of something.

Hate Nite Owl or not, you can't excuse the fact that he's a beast. Don't see Grey doing anything to him. Kevin faster than Nemo? I'd say they're more like equals if only Kevin's slightly superior. Nemo hits harder and is more skilled. Not to mention he has weapons.

Rogue Jedi
It's his farm, I'm sure once he sees the guy's immortal they'd think of something.

Hate Nite Owl or not, you can't excuse the fact that he's a beast. Don't see Grey doing anything to him. Kevin faster than Nemo? I'd say they're more like equals if only Kevin's slightly superior. Nemo hits harder and is more skilled. Not to mention he has weapons. Moot, because Quartermain is the deadeye shot master. He'll take out Nite Owl, Hartigan and possibly Kevin by himself.

Darth Martin
Nite Owl's armor will protect him most likely. He's good with a firearm, yes, he'd shit his drawers if he had to take Dan H2H.

Rogue Jedi
He wont have to go h2h, he will put a bullet in Nite Owl's face.

Darth Martin
At night? It's like pitch black on that farm. Or maybe that's just our perspective because of the black and white.

Nite Owl sees clearer than anyone else here.

Rogue Jedi
It never looked pitch black to me, Marv and Hartigan saw well enough.

XanatosForever
In regards to Dorian Grey's "healing factor," it's not really a healing factor per se. All damage dealt to grey just kinda fades off into sand or whatever. He might feel it, as in the case when Mina caught him in the junk with the dagger, but there's no real wound opened. Kevin could "blind" Grey temporarily, but he'd be good as normal within seconds.

Rogue Jedi
Unmportant, Quartermain pwns all but Marv.

KingD19
And after he died, the shaman brought him back, there's no telling what powers they gave him when he was resurrected.

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19
And after he died, the shaman brought him back, there's no telling what powers they gave him when he was resurrected.

Let's go with Death Eye Beams and Super Strength.

KingD19
That would be uber pwnage.

Darth Martin
Unmportant, Quartermain pwns all but Marv. Nite Owl puts a beam through Alan's heart.

Rogue Jedi
I dont think so, In Lxg, the opening fight, and the fight at Dorian's, AQ was always moving when shooting, and he always hit his target dead center every time.

XanatosForever
And Nite Owl didn't show the best of accuracy during his one usage of the laz0r.

Rogue Jedi
That too.

KingD19
Quartermaine whoops Nite Owl's ass, takes the laser, instantly figures out how to use it, then goes on a Sin City killing spree, starting with the Yellow Bastard, because he's yella.

Darth Martin
When you say "whoops" I'm assuming you mean he shoots him. Because there's no way in hell he'll come close to effecting Dan in a fistfight.

Rogue Jedi
Shoots yes

Darth Martin
Even then, do you think he'd fair as well as Batman with this technique? If not, Nite Owl is better than Batman in every way.

Rogue Jedi
IMO Nite Owl would beat the piss outta Batman.

Darth Martin
I know this. But I'm saying do you think Qaurtermain could kill Batman the same way you think he'd kill Dan?

I just can't see him killing Dan. He rarely starts out with headshots. He starts out by shooting in the chest area only to realized it's armored. That'd be all the time Dan needs to capitalize.

Rogue Jedi
Quartermain, seeing all that armor, (It's not concealed like the guys in LXG), will surely go for a head shot. Do the combatants know anything of each other?

Darth Martin
No.

It was intended that they'd match up wiuth each other.

Like:

Alan vs Hartigan
Nemo vs Nite Owl
Hyde vs Marv
Grey vs Kevin

Rogue Jedi
Quartermain pwns Hartigan with a head shot

Nite Owl sticks Nemo's sword up his ass.

Hyde does to Marv what Megatron did to Jazz.

Grey cannot be killed, Kevin can jump around all day, eventually Grey will impale him.

Darth Martin
I don't know about Nemo vs Nite Owl. Nemo has pretty sick feats at Grey's house.

I agree that Qaurtermain would have the advantage against Hartigan but don't underestimate the old man's damage soak. Alan died from a stab to the back. Hartigan would've laughed at that. He took multiple gunshots and kept coming.

Not sure on Marv vs Hyde.

Grey should eventually tag Kevin. Doubt he could kill him though.

Rogue Jedi
I don't know about Nemo vs Nite Owl. Nemo has pretty sick feats at Grey's house.

I agree that Qaurtermain would have the advantage against Hartigan but don't underestimate the old man's damage soak. Alan died from a stab to the back. Hartigan would've laughed at that. He took multiple gunshots and kept coming.

Not sure on Marv vs Hyde.

Grey should eventually tag Kevin. Doubt he could kill him though. Hartigan owuld go down with a head shot, or a shot to the heart. He sustained poorly placed flesh wounds in SC.

Darth Martin
But the fact that he sustained them is great enough. What's to stop Hartigan from getting off the first shot. I only think Alan needs one shot to die. Hartigan would need several.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, Alan is a better shot by far, and a far quicker draw. Headshot, dead cop.

Darth Martin
I agree. But it'd have to be a headshot. Like I said above he rarely starts out with a headshot.

Rogue Jedi
When did Hartigan take a round to the chest? A perfectly placed heart shot? He didnt. So he took a buncha flesh wounds, big deal, one bullet in the right place takes anyone down.

Darth Martin
I could've sworn he was hit there atleast once in the film. Maybe not. Fact still stands he's loads higher in the damage soak area compared to Quartermain.

Rogue Jedi
No doubt, but Quartermain doesnt deal in damage, he deals in death.

Bouboumaster
Would this team be better?

Marv
Dwight
Ozymandias
Nightowl

Rogue Jedi
Ask Martin, his thread.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Would this team be better?

Marv
Dwight
Ozymandias
Nightowl They'd be a superior team, yes, but the match would then be easier for them IMO. Quartermain would die at the hands of Dwight. Ozymandias would punk Kevin. Nite Owl would have some difficulty with Nemo. The rest would rush over to help Marv with Hyde.

Rogue Jedi
Quartermain pwned by Dwight? Nah, not gonna happen.

Darth Martin
Why not? To him the world moves sort of in slow motion.

gobstakid777
they'll make grey wish he wasn't immortal and they should be able to pwn hyde w/ teamwork
niteowl will pwn nemo
kevin will pwn quatermain

sin city team stomps

and for the other team,kevin and ozymandias will take down quatermain
dwight and niteowl will killnemo
marv and kkevin will take down hyde
all cept niteowl will spend their time brutally torturing dorian

Darth Martin
What's your take on Hyde with first scenario?

gobstakid777
What's your take on Hyde with first scenario?
marv and kevin can pwn him w/ teamwork

Darth Martin
How?

Rogue Jedi
yeesh.

Utrigita
If the settings have changed over the course of the thread just ignore this post.

Initially this appears to be a good match up imo, until you begin to actually pair your opponents together. There is imo no doubt that if Team LXG work as a team they win, they will ofcause take losses imo in the form of Quartermain and Nemo, which was the way I initially thought about this contest. However if you pair them I'm inclined to nearly catagorise this as a stomp.

What Quartermain did in the movie imo outweights what Hartigan showed himself capable of, Mr Hyde proved that he has both the strength and Durability to make Marv regret Close Quarter Combat. Depending on how you pair the next four contestant you can either end up with a small evening out ore a slaughter. If Nemo chooses to engage Kevin instead of Nite Owl, Kevin gets cut to sushi, and Nite Owl will have a sword hammered through him eventually, the other way around Nite Owl could possibly injure Nemo before Nemo manages to tag Nite Owl, but Kevin will still lose against Dorian... at some point. But basically if you pair them up then imo, you'll have a near crush of the Sin City team.

Rogue Jedi
I dont really approve of the whole matchup thing, but its not my thread, so.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.