Wolverine vs Thor (Yes Marvel is doing it.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.9125.Chicago_Con_~apos~09~colon~_Wolverine~slash~Thor

Yes it's actually happening. A 3 issue fight between Thor and Wolverine. God, I think just died a little inside.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Motifake/BloodyFrustration.gif

Darth Macabre
I don't. no expression

The Nuul
HAHAHAHA I have to get this just for the lol.

guy222
it won't surprise if logan wins

Alpha Centauri
"Why haven't they ever fought?".

Cos it's be shorter than Danny DeVito after a double amputation.

This is Vs Forum mentality. They haven't fought, they're famous, so make them fight.

-AC

Philosophía
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This is Vs Forum mentality. They haven't fought, they're famous, so make them fight.

-AC

VS forum mentality ? In Marvel ? Surely you must be joking.

dur

Blanket
Who hasn't wanted to see this?

Philosophía
It will show Wolverine dancing circles around Thor.

And once that happens, some will laugh, some will cry.

roughrider
"Thor & the Hulk always fight.
Wolverine & the Hulk always fight.

...Hey I know, it's time to be different and have Thor & Wolverine fight! It'll be great!"
Is this the logical reasoning going on at Marvel? What the f**k? wacko

What's Logan going to do - stab him when he's asleep?

DC never pits Batman against Superman without kryptonite or a red sun projector in his back pocket. What are they going to give Logan - Stormbreaker?

Logan did fight Hercules once in a bar, but Herc laughed him off as an annoyance. They only stopped when they realized all the women were leaving. stick out tongue

I GUESS I'll be curious...to see how Logan's supposed to last even a minute against Thor.

starlock
Sounds cool to me.....oh wait .....this is one of those"oh lets bash marvel" threads.. erm

batdude123
Kick his ass, Logan.

Digi
I'm rooting for Wolverine in a straight-up fight. It will justify my recent trend of ignoring almost everything Marvel does.

I understand that the story and characters come first, not the power levels. But to a certain degree, the rough power level of a character is part of their character. If they start mixing and matching streets (low metas, technically) with the highest herald-levelers as though they're equals, surely something about the character's mystique is lost.

Still, maybe they'll SM/FL this sh*t, and it'll just be kinda funny. I look forward to the sh*tstorm.

Original Smurph
"Why haven't they ever fought?".

Cos it's be shorter than Danny DeVito after a double amputation.

-AC "Cos it's be shorter than Danny DeVito after a double amputation." is much more Vs. Forum mentality than the latter, which is more Money Earning mentality.

batdude123
Originally posted by Digi
I'm rooting for Wolverine in a straight-up fight. It will justify my recent trend of ignoring almost everything Marvel does.

I understand that the story and characters come first, not the power levels. But to a certain degree, the rough power level of a character is part of their character. If they start mixing and matching streets (low metas, technically) with the highest herald-levelers as though they're equals, surely something about the character's mystique is lost.

Still, maybe they'll SM/FL this sh*t, and it'll just be kinda funny. I look forward to the sh*tstorm.

Meh, people were starting to throw shit fits when they found out Wolverine was going to "fight" Sentry. Turns out, Sentry owned that ass. erm

I think it's a little premature to start saying "Marvel doesn't know what the f*ck they're doing anymore."

Digi
Originally posted by batdude123
Meh, people were starting to throw shit fits when they found out Wolverine was going to "fight" Sentry. Turns out, Sentry owned that ass. erm

I think it's a little premature to start saying "Marvel doesn't know what the f*ck they're doing anymore."

That's why I said I'm rooting for Logan. I want to be able to say that, but haven't yet.

Still, Sentry v. Wolverine lasted a few panels. If this is indeed 3 issues, the vs. forum purists have valid cause to fear. Personally, I'm tickled, but I haven't been following anything on Marvel Earth for almost a year now, so I couldn't care less.

WhoopeeDee
This just adds another brick in the wall between me and Marvel.

Thor: "Thou shalt not thee say BUB-BUB-BUB-BUB"

Wolverine: *smokes cigar*

whostheking
Originally posted by starlock
Sounds cool to me.....oh wait .....this is one of those"oh lets bash marvel" threads.. erm roll eyes (sarcastic)

If Sentry pwned Wolverine with a throw in 3 pages. Thor taking 3 issues will not be good for his rep. Especially when people use it as a reason why Sentry beats him.

Alpha Centauri
I happen to think that Marvel is extremely enjoyable in certain areas right now.

I, for one, seem to be the minority that's really f*cking enjoying Dark Reign. It's even caused me to pick up Uncanny X-Men #513/#514 because of the Utopia thing, which I like.

That said, obviously Marvel are on a roll right now. The dumb ones just want to see fights, Wolverine beating people. If it does happen, the Vs Forum will ignore it as writer-induced retardation.

Wolverine is clearly no match for Thor, that's how it'll stay. Don't sweat it.

-AC

starlock
Originally posted by whostheking
roll eyes (sarcastic)

If Sentry pwned Wolverine with a throw in 3 pages. Thor taking 3 issues will not be good for his rep. Especially when people use it as a reason why Sentry beats him.

Who knows what the situation is....c'mon! not one issue is out yet and all the haters come out of the woodwork..... stick out tongue

whostheking
I happen to think that Marvel is extremely enjoyable in certain areas right now.

I, for one, seem to be the minority that's really f*cking enjoying Dark Reign. It's even caused me to pick up Uncanny X-Men #513/#514 because of the Utopia thing, which I like.

That said, obviously Marvel are on a roll right now. The dumb ones just want to see fights, Wolverine beating people. If it does happen, the Vs Forum will ignore it as writer-induced retardation.

Wolverine is clearly no match for Thor, that's how it'll stay. Don't sweat it.

-AC I think Dark reign has been great so far. Marvel as a whole is enjoyable for me right now.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by roughrider

Logan did fight Hercules once in a bar, but Herc laughed him off as an annoyance. They only stopped when they realized all the women were leaving. stick out tongue

acraully wolverine dropped Hercules and he said there battle was a clash of titans. They also fought again with wolverine wining.

willRules
Originally posted by Battlehammer
acraully wolverine dropped Hercules and he said there battle was a clash of titans. They also fought again with wolverine wining.

Isn't Hercules roughly Thor's level??? That sounds like Spider-man vs Firelord kinda writing......

Battlehammer
Originally posted by willRules
Isn't Hercules roughly Thor's level??? That sounds like Spider-man vs Firelord kinda writing......
Not really. Hercules is one dimensional, he a brick, and he does not posses the ability like fire lord who can simply make a blast so large it impossiable to dodge nor the range option of thor nor the flight. He just a high strength level brick with good fighting skills (for a brick that is), he a guy Logan was designed to go toe to toe with.

willRules
I'm not convinced. I've read some Herc stuff and he seems way out of Logan's league....

Rage.Of.Olympus
Battlehammer, you know a great deal about Wolverine. Sure I read his comics, and have almost his entire run, but I never really enjoyed the character.

Perhaps you can answer this for me. What's to stop someone like say Hercules from ripping Wolverine's head off or ripping him in half?

Yes his skeleton is laced with Adamantium, but not what's between the vertebrates or he wouldn't have any mobility at all. He is tougher than a human but such thin tissue shouldn't really matter.

What's to stop someone like Hercules from picking him up and simply ripping him in half besides Wolverine being well Wolverine?

Battlehammer
I'm not convinced. I've read some Herc stuff and he seems way out of Logan's league....
Really based on what? Now I am referring to mortal herc, not immortal hercules.

Hercules is a brick, Logan an anti brick. He designed to go Toe to Toe with a guy like herc. Hell Logan down better vs similar opponents then herc such as thing.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Battlehammer, you know a great deal about Wolverine. Sure I read his comics, and have almost his entire run, but I never really enjoyed the character.

Perhaps you can answer this for me. What's to stop someone like say Hercules from ripping Wolverine's head off or ripping him in half?

Yes his skeleton is laced with Adamantium, but not what's between the vertebrates or he wouldn't have any mobility at all. He is tougher than a human but such thin tissue shouldn't really matter.

What's to stop someone like Hercules from picking him up and simply ripping him in half besides Wolverine being well Wolverine?
thanks.

Logan adamatium is connected, and yes this is a fact. It been potrayed as such countless times, and the Hulk and ba'al have been unable to ripp him apart due to this.

Also whats to stop wolverine stabbing herc in the head or cutting of limbs?

jalek moye

Hercules is a brick, Logan an anti brick. He designed to go Toe to Toe with a guy like herc. Hell Logan down better vs similar opponents then herc such as thing.
wasn't herc just trying to stall thing and not necessarily beat him

willRules

Well I didn't know there was a distinction between mortal and immortal Herc. I don't know enough about the character. I'm talking about Herc, the Avenger who hangs around with Amadeus Cho.

I'm not trying to turn this into a Wolverine vs whoever debate, but I always assumed that Herc being a Greek God, was roughly around Thor's level. Pretty evenly matched with Hulk, could go either way, superior to Thing, superior to Wolvie.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by jalek moye
wasn't herc just trying to stall thing and not necessarily beat him
No they were fighting/

Rage.Of.Olympus
thanks.

Logan adamatium is connected, and yes this is a fact. It been potrayed as such countless times, and the Hulk and ba'al have been unable to ripp him apart due to this.

Also whats to stop wolverine stabbing herc in the head or cutting of limbs?

Connected in what sense? His bones are laced with Adamantium, but not the tissue between his vertebrates. It's how the spine is build.

Anyone with a certain level of above average strength, should be able to rip Wolverine in half. It would be harder than a normal human as Wolverine has enhanced durability but not by much. Someone like even Ares should be able to effortlessly pick him up by his wrists and say rip his arms out of their sockets and so on. The Adamantium bones aren't melded together or he would have the mobility of an action figure.

Are we talking about mortal Hercules? He could rip his arms out of their sockets. Anyways I'm not trying to turn this into a versus fight where we come up with scenarios for the characters to win. So lets leave the what ifs out of this.

I'm just wondering as to what would stop someone from ripping him in half, or ripping his head off.

Battlehammer
Well I didn't know there was a distinction between mortal and immortal Herc. I don't know enough about the character. I'm talking about Herc, the Avenger who hangs around with Amadeus Cho.

I'm not trying to turn this into a Wolverine vs whoever debate, but I always assumed that Herc being a Greek God, was roughly around Thor's level. Pretty evenly matched with Hulk, could go either way, superior to Thing, superior to Wolvie.

Yes there a differences, immortal herc is good deal more powerful and harder to put down.

Just because someone is a god does not mean there thor level. god just a title it means nothing. Ares is a god and is nothign special he class 70 who not even bullet proof.

WWH thrash herc, hell wolverine did beter then herc did. Why he superior to wolverine? becuases he superior to thing a man wolverine beaten even faster and more handily then herc has? Even if he was better, does not mean wolverine can't go toe to toe with him or beat him for that matter.

Herc not thor level that miss conception based on there fights in which thor uses zero super speed or his versatility.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The problem with Hercules is that writers never portray him on Thor's level, at least not consistently. In their fights, they might stalemate, but outside of that, Hercules has had his ass whopped by what Thor has easily shrugged off.

Oh by the way, Hercules let World War Hulk pound on him. Still, that fight was really ridiculous. 4 blows and he was a pulp and supposedly his Thor's equal in strength? Lulz.

He also had Ares stalemate Hercules? Lulz again.

I don't want Greg Pak coming anywhere near Thor or the other pantheons. Ever.

He doesn't know what the hell his doing.

willRules
Yes there a differences, immortal herc is good deal more powerful and harder to put down.

Just because someone is a god does not mean there thor level. god just a title it means nothing. Ares is a god and is nothign special he class 70 who not even bullet proof.

WWH thrash herc, hell wolverine did beter then herc did. Why he superior to wolverine? becuases he superior to thing a man wolverine beaten even faster and more handily then herc has? Even if he was better, does not mean wolverine can't go toe to toe with him or beat him for that matter.

Herc not thor level that miss conception based on there fights in which thor uses zero super speed or his versatility.

Right, thanks for the clarification.

Battlehammer
Connected in what sense? His bones are laced with Adamantium, but not the tissue between his vertebrates. It's how the spine is build.

Anyone with a certain level of above average strength, should be able to rip Wolverine in half. It would be harder than a normal human as Wolverine has enhanced durability but not by much. Someone like even Ares should be able to effortlessly pick him up by his wrists and say rip his arms out of their sockets and so on. The Adamantium bones aren't melded together or he would have the mobility of an action figure.

Are we talking about mortal Hercules? He could rip his arms out of their sockets. Anyways I'm not trying to turn this into a versus fight where we come up with scenarios for the characters to win. So lets leave the what ifs out of this.

I'm just wondering as to what would stop someone from ripping him in half, or ripping his head off.
go look at the respect thread it fact his bones are connect they can't be seperated this is based off countless on pannel depictions i post scans but im one handed at the moment i jst had surgery on my hand

Battlehammer
Right, thanks for the clarification.
ur welcome though i sense sarcasm but could be wrong

willRules
ur welcome though i sense sarcasm but could be wrong

Nope, not sarcastic at all. I remain unconvinced Logan would win (even though I prefer him as a character) but appreciate the info nonetheless.

EDIT: Logan is preferrable as a comic character but the actual Heracles from Greek Myth has been one of the most interesting characters for me since an early age.

Rage.Of.Olympus
go look at the respect thread it fact his bones are connect they can't be seperated this is based off countless on pannel depictions i post scans but im one handed at the moment i jst had surgery on my hand

Oh really? That sucks. You okay now man?

I'll go check it out. Just wondering connected in what sense. Are the vertebrates stuck together? Because that really doesn't make any sense. At all. I always assumed his skeleton was human like. More durable and he has his claws, but still human based from everything I have seen. I've seen his skeleton before, and it looks just like a humans except the claws and so on.

Any particular instances that come to mind? His respect thread is very large.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just saw the Ba'al scan. I remember it, but it was stated that Wolverine has an Adamantium skeleton. Of course it would be harder to rip him apart as he is more durable, and if he tried to rip him apart in that direction, he wouldn't be able to as that would involve breaking/bending Adamantium. At best at that angle, Ba'al would be capable of ripping his arms out of their sockets.

So far I haven't seen anything that explain why Wolverine cannot be ripped apart. Not in the way that, involves breaking his tissue and not his bones.

This is a spine.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Gray_111_-_Vertebral_column.png

The bones aren't linked together directly, and posses tissue and so on in between.

Anywhen who pickes him from head to feet, should be able to rip him in half ala "Ultimate Wolverine vs. Ultimate Hulk". It has nothing to do with him having an Adamantium skeleton.

It's just something that's always interested me.

boobun
So far I haven't seen anything that explain why Wolverine cannot be ripped apart.

It's a comic. Reason enough.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by boobun
It's a comic. Reason enough.

So no other reason than Wolverine being Wolverine. Gotcha...

xJLxKing
So when is it coming out? what's the issue name?

I wanna see how it plays out. Who hasn't wolverine fought yet?

leonidas
So no other reason than Wolverine being Wolverine. Gotcha...

yeah, there really isn't a 'logical' reason for it, but it is pretty much fact. something about the grafting process that spread through his system. it isn't all 'hardened' adamantium i don't think. it's weird, but meh. there it is.

if logan actually poses a true threat to thor--even if he's berserk--i'm going to be . . . cry

since it's a digital, i'm gonna guess it will be non-canon anyway though.

i hope.

roughrider
Thor is going to have to be seriously depowered, or Wolverine's going to have to get the Captain Universe powerup to make this work. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What's to stop Thor from sitting back in an easy chair with a beer, and just calling down the lightning on Logan for a few hours? evil face

The only fight I saw between Hercules & Logan, Herc was impressed by Logan's claws and determination, but he wasn't taking him seriously - he had his mind on hitting up some babes. wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, there really isn't a 'logical' reason for it, but it is pretty much fact. something about the grafting process that spread through his system. it isn't all 'hardened' adamantium i don't think. it's weird, but meh. there it is.

if logan actually poses a true threat to thor--even if he's berserk--i'm going to be . . . cry

since it's a digital, i'm gonna guess it will be non-canon anyway though.

i hope.

Why is it a fact? He moves around, and can twist his neck can he not? So obviously he has tissue between his vertebrate. It's how a spine is build and how humans have mobility. His arms aren't melded to his socket, so they can be ripped out can they not?

I don't think there really isn't any other reason than Wolverine, being Wolverine.

If Wolverine actually poses a threat, I'm going to slap Quesada.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
So when is it coming out? what's the issue name?

I wanna see how it plays out. Who hasn't wolverine fought yet?

We don't know yet. I'll update the thread when it does.

Alpha Centauri
So wait, is Battlehammer suggesting Wolverine could beat Thor?

Are you?

-AC

Battlehammer
So wait, is Battlehammer suggesting Wolverine could beat Thor?

Are you?

-AC
nope, I never even suggested it.

PS: Thanks rage for your concern. I am fine I had surgery on my hand broke it in a fight a while back and needed to get metal plate removed. I respond to your post and others later explain wolverine skeleton. It just to hard to make lengthy posts with one hand, the other I not suposes to uses for a few days.

Rage.Of.Olympus
nope, I never even suggested it.

PS: Thanks rage for your concern. I am fine I had surgery on my hand broke it in a fight a while back and needed to get metal plate removed. I respond to your post and others later explain wolverine skeleton. It just to hard to make lengthy posts with one hand, the other I not suposes to uses for a few days.

Yea he never said that.

Oh well that sucks. Hope you get better soon. Don't stray yourself man. Lay off it and it will get better really soon.

Better watch how you punch man. Never happened to me personally, but I was once punched in the face and the dude broke his wrist because he snuffed me awkwardly. I of course went on and to beat the bastard shit less, with extreme pleasure. I didn't know however know his hand was broken though. It was an extremely one sided fight. Found out later on though. His one of my close friends by the way. People do stupid shit when they're drunk.

Battlehammer
Yea he never said that.

Oh well that sucks. Hope you get better soon. Don't stray yourself man. Lay off it and it will get better really soon.

Better watch how you punch man. Never happened to me personally, but I was once punched in the face and the dude broke his wrist because he snuffed me awkwardly. I of course went on and to beat the bastard shit less, with extreme pleasure. I didn't know however know his hand was broken though. It was an extremely one sided fight. Found out later on though. His one of my close friends by the way. People do stupid shit when they're drunk.
yup

Thanks a lot man, I will try not too.

I know I hit the kid a few times, once in the head, knocked him out, one of the punched I think hit his forehead. Lol true, stupid things happen in drunken fights, which mine was as well, but the kid deserved it badly.

why your friend hit you, he jsut being drunk?

Rage.Of.Olympus
yup

Thanks a lot man, I will try not too.

I know I hit the kid a few times, once in the head, knocked him out, one of the punched I think hit his forehead. Lol true, stupid things happen in drunken fights, which mine was as well, but the kid deserved it badly.

why your friend hit you, he jsut being drunk?

Hope you get better.

Yea, sometimes you just need to beat the hell out of someone because at a point some people just don't deserve better.

Well, he was mad at me for like two weeks apparently but kept his mouth shut. We were at this house party, and I got a lap dance (Among other things.) from this girl and apparently they were dealing and he hadn't told me yet. Word as bon. I thought he just had an eye for her. Never knew they were dealing. Apparently he saw us, got pissed but never said anything. Me and my friends were just chatting at a bar two weeks from then, and I happened to mention the girl and said she hot, and told them what happened between us. He was drunk, got real pissed and then went on to hit me.

srug

Like I told him if anything it was her fault. I'm not psychic.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by roughrider
Thor is going to have to be seriously depowered, or Wolverine's going to have to get the Captain Universe powerup to make this work. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What's to stop Thor from sitting back in an easy chair with a beer, and just calling down the lightning on Logan for a few hours? evil face

The only fight I saw between Hercules & Logan, Herc was impressed by Logan's claws and determination, but he wasn't taking him seriously - he had his mind on hitting up some babes. wink

There gonna job Thor'a arse out!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
There gonna job Thor'a arse out!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!

Hope the Punisher has his ass handed to him for having the nerve to think he can take on the Avengers with his little toys.

I always liked Captain America. Especially him being able to beat the shit out of Punisher, and him being to much of a pussy to fight back.

evil face

Kris Blaze
This is going to be awesome.

Hope the Punisher has his ass handed to him for having the nerve to think he can take on the Avengers with his little toys.

I always liked Captain America. Especially him being able to beat the shit out of Punisher, and him being to much of a pussy to fight back.

evil face

Yeah, I remember Punisher almost crying. Damn, what a pussy.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Yeah, I remember Punisher almost crying. Damn, what a pussy.

durhulk

Newjak
I hope we get 3 issues of Thor finding new interesting ways to put Wolverine down in one panel to have Logan come back and have it happen all over.

But I know better sad

whostheking
It will probably only last 1 issue. Issue 1 sets it up. Issue two the fight, issue 3 they work together.

roughrider

evil face

It's just a man-crush for Frank, you know. stick out tongue
Either that, or Cap is his kryptonite.

Mindship
Godblast ftw.

Battlehammer
Hope you get better.

Yea, sometimes you just need to beat the hell out of someone because at a point some people just don't deserve better.

Well, he was mad at me for like two weeks apparently but kept his mouth shut. We were at this house party, and I got a lap dance (Among other things.) from this girl and apparently they were dealing and he hadn't told me yet. Word as bon. I thought he just had an eye for her. Never knew they were dealing. Apparently he saw us, got pissed but never said anything. Me and my friends were just chatting at a bar two weeks from then, and I happened to mention the girl and said she hot, and told them what happened between us. He was drunk, got real pissed and then went on to hit me.

srug

Like I told him if anything it was her fault. I'm not psychic.
thanks

true.

lol, ive seen similar happen before that sucks.

People can be quite dumb, even ones friends.

Kris Blaze
I predict that they will meet at the end of 1, fight briefly in 2 and then team up against a common enemy in 3....

Battlehammer
I think people are making far to much a deal out of this, thor will likly just fight h2h, like he did with herc as well as others, and he has frequently in the past not used his versatility in comics, it not that big of a deal as people making it out to be. This aint a kmc match were Thor uses all his abilites to there fullest this is a comic. It will likly be thor going melee with wolverine and there being a brief fight.

Battlehammer
I predict that they will meet at the end of 1, fight briefly in 2 and then team up against a common enemy in 3....
I agree.

batdude123

Pretty much. It won't be what people are thinking.

Philosophía
Yeah, the plot obviously won't be an extended fight between the two of them. And even when they fight, Wolverine definitley won't be shown to have any kind of advantage.

It will sell more if the last part doesn't turn out to be true, though. So you never know.

Battlehammer

ankur29
he gunna end up fight wolverine like he did herc. He not going to uses his versatility at all is my thoughts.

how is it gonna be like fighting herc,
logan doesn't have the strength to slug it out with thor as herc did

HueyFreeman
Not too suprised. Marvel lately has been going through the gimicky era again. Anything that sounds cool is made with no thought what so ever behind it. The gimmick is the first to go and we the readers are left with a sour taste in our mouth. The only time marvel does well in a book anymore is when the characters in the title are not slaves to the cashcows, ie Thor under Straczynski and the late captain britain series. Thats why we had secret invasion and dark reign show up with an on paper idea and no thought behind it. Dark reign has worn out its welcome already, just like secret invasion but it sounds cool enough to get people to buy, so I guess thats enough. Dark reign is nothing but a huge series of meaningless books that all have the same premise (normon osborn vs select your hero) that shit gets old real fast

Juk3n
Wolverine will tank a godblast - square in the chest - , and thus will be the end of Thors cred in the vs thread.

I want everyone to know i f**king called it.

stick out tongue

Battlehammer
Originally posted by ankur29
how is it gonna be like fighting herc,
logan doesn't have the strength to slug it out with thor as herc did
He does not need the strength. He faster then herc, more skilled, can cause more damage to thor then herc can and can withstand good amount of shots.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Juk3n
Wolverine will tank a godblast - square in the chest - , and thus will be the end of Thors cred in the vs thread.

I want everyone to know i f**king called it.

stick out tongue
Wolverine actually has taken a god blast before.........while in a weaken state lol.

Alpha Centauri
It would be awesome if it was just one page.

Wolverine gets the god blast and then there's a foreword by Marvel that says; "There. Now shut up. He's not that good, he's overrated. There are better heroes. This isn't the 90s.".

-AC

Battlehammer
It would be awesome if it was just one page.

Wolverine gets the god blast and then there's a foreword by Marvel that says; "There. Now shut up. He's not that good, he's overrated. There are better heroes. This isn't the 90s.".

-AC
Doubtfull that a god blast will be used.

overrated were? On the forums? most certainly not, that makes me laugh.

Yes there certainly are more powerful hero's which has been stated numerous times in wolverines own comic by him self if not mistaken.

90's had some of wolverines lowest points in his history.

-BH

StiltmanFTW
Is this going to be canon?

Alpha Centauri
Doubtfull that a god blast will be used.

overrated were? On the forums? most certainly not, that makes me laugh.

Yes there certainly are more powerful hero's which has been stated numerous times in wolverines own comic by him self if not mistaken.

90's had some of wolverines lowest points in his history.

-BH

Do Marvel pay you to defend him at all times?

-AC

Scythe
I'm calling it like this: Some random shit happens to Thor that makes him weaker, giving Wolvie a fair advantage, they fight, figure out they're being manipulated, and become hardcore friends till the end while they walk toward that giant rainbow.

jalek moye
Wolverine actually has taken a god blast before.........while in a weaken state lol.

..seriously?

Battlehammer
..seriously?
yea storm had thors hammer I believe.

Battlehammer
Do Marvel pay you to defend him at all times?

-AC
no they pay me a pretty penny to correct those who state incorrect statements about him.

-BH

Doctor-Alvis
This is my rough cut, aka, why I will never be a writer for Marvel.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/comics/thorvswolverine.gif

Digi
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis

Beats Loeb.

srug

Also, awesome depiction.

jalek moye
yea storm had thors hammer I believe.
o i thought you meant a god blast from Thor

kgkg
That is so Thor bias dude. stick out tongue

Battlehammer
o i thought you meant a god blast from Thor
Storm gain Thors hammer and power. Techincally if not mistaken Thor god blast comes from the hammer not him.

Doctor-Alvis
Storm gain Thors hammer and power. Techincally if not mistaken Thor god blast comes from the hammer not him.
It's projecting, and probably focusing, his godly essence. It's kind of a kick in the pants to Storm fans if she can't even beat a weakened Wolverine with her essence.

Kris Blaze

You made that?

Nice

Rage.Of.Olympus

Actually the God Blast comes from his own personal Godly energies. Mjolnir just channels it. That's why some doubt Beta Ray Bill can create an attack similar to the God Blast. He isn't actually a God.

Also just because one gains Mjolnir, that doesn't make you Thor's equal.

That wasn't the real Mjolnir as I recall on top of everything else. Was it not a copy? I vaguely remember Loki involved.

Do you also remember what issue she fought Wolverine? I do not recall her attempting an attack resembling a God Blast against him. Even better do you have scans? I can't double check right now unfortunately.

Either way

God Blast = Instant Death for Wolverine

Rage.Of.Olympus

thumb up

If I was you I would try and write comics for Marvel. I mean if they publish Loeb's stupid garbage, they should definitely publish your depiction of a fight.

I hope, Wolverine attacks Thor, fails to do anything as he shouldn't, and gets an uppercut to the face that sends him out of this Solar System or better yet into the Sun.

Kris Blaze
Any energy attack from Thor is instant-death from Wolverine.

People shouldn't even be bringing up the godblast.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Any energy attack from Thor is instant-death from Wolverine.

People shouldn't even be bringing up the godblast.

That much is obvious. Thor casually one shots the Hulk with a bolt of lightning.

Battlehammer

God Blast = Instant Death for Wolverine
I completely agree.

I will go check for the issue number, I believe it was a god blast.

Battlehammer
Thor going to end up going h2h with wolverine as he did herc and hulk before. If so wolverine makes a fight out of it and then they team up.

Ize19
Here are the scans for Wolverine standing up to Ororo's energy blast:

Here is the scene where Wolverine is poisoned:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7008/uxmannual0930.jpg

Here he is, barely able to stand up afterwards:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1565/uxmannual0935.jpg

Here Loki has Ororo pick up her newly forged hammer:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9652/uxmannual0937.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3334/uxmannual0938.jpg

Here is the scene where Wolverine wades into her blast, pushing forward until he is at her feet:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5976/uxmannual0939.jpg

And here he is, two pages later, still talking to Ororo:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9049/uxmannual0941.jpg

So as you see, while Wolverine is certainly not doing well after her blast, he is still alive. That, added to the fact that he could barely stand up BEFORE she hit him, makes this a pretty impressive feat for him.

Still, it doesn't show that he can take Thor's Godblast.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Ize19

Here is the scene where Wolverine wades into her blast, pushing forward until he is at her feet:

So as you see, while Wolverine is certainly not doing well after her blast, he is still alive. That, added to the fact that he could barely stand up BEFORE she hit him, makes this a pretty impressive feat for him.

so I was mistaken it was not thors hammer but a copy, nor do we know if it was a god blast or not.

Thanks for the scans, I was going off memory

Ize19
No problem.

Kris Blaze

facepalm

Ize19
facepalm

Is there a problem?

Kris Blaze
Is there a problem?

Just wondering what the scans are supposed to prove.

Because it can't be what I think you believe.

Battlehammer

He wasent trying to prove anything, did you even read his post?

Phantom Zone
Think im going to butt out of this. I can see where this is heading...

jalek moye
when does it release?

Battlehammer
Think im going to butt out of this. I can see where this is heading...
Were is this heading?

Ize19

Here was the request for scans:

Do you also remember what issue she fought Wolverine? I do not recall her attempting an attack resembling a God Blast against him. Even better do you have scans? I can't double check right now unfortunately.

Here was me saying, at the end of my post, that my scans DID NOT PROVE that Wolverine could take Thor's Godblast:

I posted the scans because Rage of Olympus asked for them to be posted, NOT to prove that Wolverine>Thor's Godblast.

Ize19

Thank you.

Phantom Zone

I posted the scans because Rage of Olympus asked for them to be posted, NOT to prove that Wolverine>Thor's Godblast.

Ok but you sure you werent trying to prove something else.....like Wolverine can take an energy attack thats not a Godblast?

Battlehammer
Thank you.
your welcome

Battlehammer
Ok but you sure you werent trying to prove something else.....like an energy attack thats not a Godblast?
he was posting scans that was ask for, nothing less and nothing more.

Phantom Zone
he was posting scans that was ask for, nothing less and nothing more.

Ok....

Kris Blaze
Why are people discussing the godblast? A single lightningbolt would end it.

Here was me saying, at the end of my post, that my scans DID NOT PROVE that Wolverine could take Thor's Godblast:

It's the choice of words. Which is usually something Wolverine supporters tend to have some fun with. Wolverine did not stand up to Storm's attacks, he survived it. Part of standing up to something, is actually standing up to it. Crumbling and wailing in pain is not standing up to something, it's crumbling in defeat before it.

Well clearly he was trying to prove that Wolverine survived Storm's attack. So lolha did you even read his post?

Battlehammer

Well clearly he was trying to prove that Wolverine survived Storm's attack. So lolha did you even read his post?
no actaully he was posting scans that were asked for.

Kris Blaze
no actaully he was posting scans that were asked for.

"Here are the scans for Wolverine standing up to Ororo's energy blast:"

Regardless of what was requested, he proved that Wolverine survived Storm's energy blast.

Battlehammer

It's the choice of words. Which is usually something Wolverine supporters tend to have some fun with. Wolverine did not stand up to Storm's attacks, he survived it. Part of standing up to something, is actually standing up to it. Crumbling and wailing in pain is not standing up to something, it's crumbling in defeat before it.

He was in an extremely weaken state even dieing prior to the blast.

Battlehammer
"Here are the scans for Wolverine standing up to Ororo's energy blast:"

Regardless of what was requested, he proved that Wolverine survived Storm's energy blast.
yes he did, and whats your problem then? seems like your trying to pick a fight over nothing.

Kris Blaze
yes he did, and whats your problem then? seems like your trying to pick a fight over nothing.

facepalm

Battlehammer
facepalm
so what do you want?

no one here is argueing that wolverine can take a god blast or stand up to thor range abilities. Nor is it likly thor will uses them in a fight in a comic with wolverine.

Kris Blaze
so what do you want?

no one here is argueing that wolverine can take a god blast or stand up to thor range abilities. Nor is it likly thor will uses them in a fight in a comic with wolverine.

Take it easy, spread the love.

Ize19
Why are people discussing the godblast? A single lightningbolt would end it.

That's funny, cause I don't recall doing anything other than stating what happened:

That HAPPENED! Was he messed up from it? Yup. I state it below. But before that, he walked INTO her blast, and did not stop until he got to her feet. FACT

Considering he's still talking to her, I'd consider that surviving.

Here I am ADMITTING that Wolverine was not in good condition after the blast. Plus, I kinda posted the scans SHOWING that he wasn't.

Seriously, all I was doing was providing Rage of Olympus with the scans that he asked for, plus providing an ACCURATE summary. That's it.

Phantom Zone
Well I still kinda got the impression that he was trying to say that Wolverine can take a blast from Thors hammer that is not a godblast. I mean hes posted scans of Wolverine getting poisoned and then mentioning that he can barely stand, obvously that was to emphasise how impressive it was for him take a blast from Storms hammer. So its no proof that he can take a godblast but if in a weakened state you can take a blast from Storms hammer maybe a fully fit Wolverine can take a blast from Thors hammer.

Kris Blaze
Well I still kinda got the impression that he was trying to say that Wolverine can take a blast from Thors hammer that is not a godblast. I mean hes posted scans of Wolverine getting poisoned and then mentioning that he can barely stand, obvously that was to emphasise how impressive it was for him take a blast from Storms hammer. So its no proof that he can take a godblast but if in a weakened state you can take a blast from Storms hammer maybe a fully fit Wolverine can take a blast from Thors hammer.

Alfheim got it right.

Ize19
The reason I posted the scans of Wolverine being poisoned, and the reason I pointed out him surviving, was because Battlehammer had made the claim that Wolverine had taken a Godblast from Thor's hammer in a weakened condition.

Rage of Olympus, reading this, then asked for scans of the event. Therefore, I put up the entire event. Battlehammer was wrong, it was not a Godblast, and it was not from Thor's hammer. He was basically right about the rest.

I am not claiming that Wolverine can survive an extended generic energy blast from Thor. He may be able to, but I haven't seen nearly enough of Thor to be able to make that claim.

Once again, the sole reason I posted those scans was because Rage of Olympus asked for it. If you had read the entire discussion, then you would know why all of the scans I posted were relevant.

Phantom Zone
The reason I posted the scans of Wolverine being poisoned, and the reason I pointed out him surviving, was because Battlehammer had made the claim that Wolverine had taken a Godblast from Thor's hammer in a weakened condition.

Rage of Olympus, reading this, then asked for scans of the event. Therefore, I put up the entire event. Battlehammer was wrong, it was not a Godblast, and it was not from Thor's hammer. He was basically right about the rest.

I am not claiming that Wolverine can survive an extended generic energy blast from Thor. He may be able to, but I haven't seen nearly enough of Thor to be able to make that claim.

Once again, the sole reason I posted those scans was because Rage of Olympus asked for it. If you had read the entire discussion, then you would know why all of the scans I posted were relevant.

Yeah I looked back at the thread. You are correct.

Ize19
Yeah I looked back at the thread. You are correct.

Thank you.

Phantom Zone
Alfheim got it right.

You FOOL!

roughrider
Wait a minute...
I got a sneaking suspicion how this will get evened up. no expression

Wolverine is going to be able to pick up Mjolnir, isn't he? Just like Captain Amercia did. And he'll get Thor's power; because like Cap he is a 'Warrior Born & a noble spirit.' That will be the reasoning, right?

erm

Rage.Of.Olympus

So I was right. It was a copy Mjolnir, and it wasn't stated to be a God Blast. Simply a generic blast.

Battlehammer
yea I was mistaken, my bad it was from memory.

Rage.Of.Olympus
yea I was mistaken, my bad it was from memory.

No problem. It happens to the best of us.

PRAYERRUN
ok now I guess we'll see if Wolverine's bones can handle a hit from Thor's hammer....

WhoopeeDee
Common sense dictates the following...

Thor>Wolverine.

Thank you.

roughrider
Time for Thor to demostrate once and for all, he does indeed piss lighting and crap thunder! Logan should end up fried Canadian bacon! stick out tongue

Accel
Logan looks awfully happy to be posing right next to Thor's crotch.

And one thing I can guarantee, if Wolverine even looks moderately good against Thor (which he will), then the outcry of Thor fanboys will be HI-LARIOUS.

Battlehammer
lol that and the amount of wolverine haters will have a field day and yet IF blocking a nuke thousands of times stronger then one dropped on hiroshema is good righting lol.......double standards much lol.

jalek moye
lol that and the amount of wolverine haters will have a field day and yet IF blocking a nuke thousands of times stronger then one dropped on hiroshema is good righting lol.......double standards much lol.
actually i think he somehow absorbed most of it.

idk it was very confusing

Battlehammer
either way I find it funny people complain about wolverine feats and call them pis, but then full heartly uses IF feat as good solid writing lol.

Creshosk
either way I find it funny people complain about wolverine feats and call them pis, but then full heartly uses IF feat as good solid writing lol. I'd like to see the 40 billion sticks of dynamite. That's mind boggling.

Battlehammer
I know lol. here the feat for those who have not seen it.Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Train Scans:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/IronFist14-011.jpg
http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/?action=view&current=IronFist14-012-13.jpg
http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/?action=view&current=IronFist14-014.jpg

got the scans from kris in the respect thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That feat is uber.

Man, current Iron Fist, would rape any street level character at this point.

He'd also stomp characters like Wolverine and Sabertooth. shifty

Battlehammer
That feat is uber.

Man, current Iron Fist, would rape any street level character at this point.

He'd also stomp characters like Wolverine and Sabertooth. shifty
and notcie how IF has never produces a feat of the magnitude before since, becuase it was infact pis.

him stomping wolverine or sabre-tooth lol, hell no. People over look the fact constantly that IF got beat down repeatedly in his new arcs.

Rage.Of.Olympus
and notcie how IF has never produces a feat of the magnitude before since, becuase it was infact pis.

him stomping wolverine or sabre-tooth lol, hell no. People over look the fact constantly that IF got beat down repeatedly in his new arcs.

Not really. I mean we never understood how much of an upgrade he received and to what magnitude. He has plenty of uber feats currently. The dude's ridiculous at the moment.

I see you didn't get the hint. Oh well....I'll play along....but we gotta hurry, I'm going to bed in about 5 minutes.

Has he not gone toe to toe, and even thrown Wolverine around in the past? I recall him doing so, and I don't think he even used his Iron Fist technique at all.

I know for a fact, his stomped Sabertooth more than a few times.

Man, I see current Iron Fist taking a landslide against either, based on some of his feats.

In those new arcs you would have to look at the circumstances and opponents. Even when he was losing or weakened, he stilled had uber feats. I recall, him freaking speed blitzing, speedster style blows and blowing up a monster that absorbs impacts and simply gets stronger.

Battlehammer

Battlehammer
shit I really should not derail the thread like this I apologies, if you like to discuss this further rage, pm, but we should leave it out of the thread

Rage.Of.Olympus

Kris Blaze
What limitations have we seen with his recent upgrade?

I haven't noticed any.

Rage.Of.Olympus
shit I really should not derail the thread like this I apologies, if you like to discuss this further rage, pm, but we should leave it out of the thread

Yea we shouldn't have, but it's my thread and I really don't care if that matters any. Well, that's a post to late unfortunately.

I'm not really serious, so I don't see the point.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What limitations have we seen with his recent upgrade?

I haven't noticed any.

Neither have I.

StiltmanFTW

No healing factor? I know the issue was old, but was it really that old> He had his healing factor, and even his Adamantium claws as I recall in that fight. Didn't he get thrown out of a 5 story window in that fight and come out unharmed?

First time there was a hint (it was confirmed much later) about Wolverine's HF was in UXM #116. Nearly a year after his fight with IF.

No, not against the Iron Fist Killer. It's this enormous monster, over a hundred feet tall. Ridiculous feat. I would post it, but I can't.

I've seen that. Impressive indeed.

RinseandRepeat
Originally posted by guy222
it won't surprise if logan wins

He should he has a haeling factor and the power of fans! Thor has a book that's been cancelled a couple of times, gay hair and without his weapon is a kind of just a hulk with less durability and no amping.

Thor is the guy who fighting a Skyfather could barely destroy a street.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
First time there was a hint (it was confirmed much later) about Wolverine's HF was in UXM #116. Nearly a year after his fight with IF.

Hmmm, really? I'll take your word for it as I can check.

How significantly do you think that changes the fight's validness in your honest opinion?

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I've seen that. Impressive indeed.

Gotta scan? Just to show the pure "badassness" of it.

I can't. I really need my computer back. Shit.

Battlehammer
Hmmm, really? I'll take your word for it as I can check.

How significantly do you think that changes the fight's validness in your honest opinion?

well lets see, he did not have a healing factor, nor was he even a confirmed mutant at the time. He was originally intend to be a wolverine who evolved into a human of sorts. This was also prior to him being written as martial arts master.

Rage.Of.Olympus
well lets see, he did not have a healing factor, nor was he even a confirmed mutant at the time. He was originally intend to be a wolverine who evolved into a human of sorts. This was also prior to him being written as martial arts master.

Technically speaking, which is me attempting Quan logic, simply because he wasn't a confirmed mutant does not mean he wasn't a mutant. It simply means they did not come to the conclusion that he was a mutant. I mean he was on the X-men for crying out loud. He was still portrayed as having Adamantium as I recall, and he was obviously more than human. He got tossed out of a 5 story window, and was Iron Fist couldn't really damage him at all. Meh, master martial artist or not, I don't see the difference really. He did what he usually did, take out his claws, and jump at his opponent, and so on. Then he had his ass tossed out of a window.

Sometimes when the change is so sever, it can be called a retcon. Call what you like. What happened, happened.

Lol. Replying this way is really a lot of fun. big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>