Old lady slammed to ground by police

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chithappens
Video

I understand disarming people but damn.

Am I the only one who finds this excessive? Is this in any way permissible?

News coverage afterwards

Grand-Moff-Gav
Who cares?

Bouboumaster
WTH did she to receive that

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Who cares? Oh I get it, just because she's black we shouldn't care huh?

Symmetric Chaos
If she has a problem with things like getting beaten by cops she should just move. Really this is entirely her fault.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Oh I get it, just because she's black we shouldn't care huh? shifty

inimalist
look, she had a knife, the officer clearly told her to drop it.

What else is a cop supposed to do?

chithappens
Prior to the slam, she looked frail and wasn't exactly agile.

You can cover yourself with something maybe even stuff they use to train police dogs and subdue her gradually.

Options are there. If a woman attacks me, I don't have to beat her ass LOL. Or I could just say, "What else was I supposed to do?"

inimalist
the cop had no way of knowing she wasn't just faking it, waiting for the moment to strike

she could have pulled a gun

the cop handled the situation quickly and avoided anyone being injured

lil bitchiness
Excessive force, yes.
She was making threats, fine, but really wasn't there another way to disarm her?!

I'd like to believe that there was. 80 year old could hardly hold herself let alone kill someone.

GCG
I thought black people always wanted to get down.

What did she have anyway ; cant see the vid

Mairuzu
She could barely walk.. take a few steps back and take her knee caps out.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by GCG

What did she have anyway ; cant see the vid

A knife.

inimalist
look, we all know how tricky these Al Qaeda folk are

one minute she is a decreped old lady, then, after the cops show up and there is a big crowd, BOOM, shes a suicid bomber. You all saw that wig she had on. How much liquid explosives could she have had in there?

wigs, honestly, Americas soft underbelly.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by inimalist
look, we all know how tricky these Al Qaeda folk are

one minute she is a decreped old lady, then, after the cops show up and there is a big crowd, BOOM, shes a suicid bomber. You all saw that wig she had on. How much liquid explosives could she have had in there?

wigs, honestly, Americas soft underbelly.

What the hell are you complaining about? Didn't you see we were saved from inevitable doom.

God, it's never enough for some people...

inimalist
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What the hell are you complaining about? Didn't you see we were saved from inevitable doom.

God, it's never enough for some people...

its all those libtard lefties screaming for "less extreme" measures

cops have to be in control. It is important that they throw a person they could probably bench press around every once and a while. Keeps all the other alzheimer's freaks in line.

And seriously, what a made up disease alzheimers is anyways. Can't remember, pfft, lay off the ganja hippie.

GCG
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
A knife.

I dont think she was expecting bread and butter or a suckling pig for her to brandish a knife.

What was she expecting....

jaden101
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Oh I get it, just because she's black we shouldn't care huh?

Nope...Because she's old...And a woman...And a lesbian...And an immigrant...And a paedophile...And a terrorist...And a muslim...And a knife weilding maniac killer psycho crazy mutha****a from hell.

jaden101
Originally posted by GCG
I dont think she was expecting bread and butter or a suckling pig for her to brandish a knife.

What was she expecting....

The 2 "homies" videoing her to steal her plastic bag, i expect.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chithappens
Video

I understand disarming people but damn.

Am I the only one who finds this excessive? Is this in any way permissible?

News coverage afterwards

looks staged

Dr. Leg Kick
My neighbor is 92 and she walks around with a knife all the time. She has Alzheimer.

We just help her to her home and take the knife from her hand.

No threat whatsoever.

GCG
Originally posted by jaden101
The 2 "homies" videoing her to steal her plastic bag, i expect.

So the video is taken by a couple of hoodies while the cozzers are arresting her? Whats in the bag? I cant see the video.

Robtard
Even though a grandma with a knife could kill you via a stab to the neck, the pig didn't have to slam her, since he already had clutched her knife hand.

Rogue Jedi
The cop slammed her, now she's the bad guy.

If the cop would have tazed her, the cop is the bad guy.

If the cop grabs her and cuffs her, breaking her arm, the cop is the bad guy.

Where was the old ladies family?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
The cop slammed her, now she's the bad guy.

If the cop would have tazed her, the cop is the bad guy.

If the cop grabs her and cuffs her, breaking her arm, the cop is the bad guy.

Where was the old ladies family?

The cop, being both the person who is both trained and paid to uphold the law should have accessed that it was a frail old woman, who's probably a bit soft in the brain and not slammed her to the floor.

This is especially since he already had her knife hand locked.

Rogue Jedi
I would have simply moved behind her (This is where Rob inserts a sex joke), grabbed her by the forearms, and cuffed her. No need to slam her.

inimalist
No need to slam her.

I disagree

Rogue Jedi
I disagree Dude, she's a frail old lady, it wouldnt take much to cuff her.

lil bitchiness
Dude, she's a frail old lady, it wouldnt take much to cuff her.

He's being sarcastic...

Robtard
I would have simply moved behind her (This is where Rob inserts a sex joke), grabbed her by the forearms, and cuffed her. No need to slam her.

Na, she's a she, so she'd be safe around you. Now, it if were a frail old man.

chomperx9
Originally posted by GCG

laughing dats right we gotta get down homie

The Red
Too much force? Nah. Regardless of age and mental disabilities, threatening with a knife needed to be dealt with. Nobody got hurt. The woman was released from the hospital. What is there to discuss?

Hyperion Prime
I think they did what they had to do. I guess it could have been done differently, but hey what you gonna do sad

Mairuzu
Originally posted by The Red
Too much force? Nah. Regardless of age and mental disabilities, threatening with a knife needed to be dealt with. Nobody got hurt. The woman was released from the hospital. What is there to discuss? Listen...

When i decide to go after a cop with a knife, i dont want him/her to bust my head open.

Comprede???

Sado22
a little extreme. could've been dealt another way. you can't smack around an old woman like that in the name of justice. still, neutralizing a threat means taking it out. and they REALLY took her out.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Red
Too much force? Nah. Regardless of age and mental disabilities, threatening with a knife needed to be dealt with. Nobody got hurt. The woman was released from the hospital. What is there to discuss?

Yet slamming her ass onto the floor, after he has already secured her deadly knife wielding elderly hand, was excessive.

inimalist
Dude, she's a frail old lady, it wouldnt take much to cuff her.

lol, no, totally

all kidding aside, people who generally work with people with mental disabilities go through NVCI training (non-violent crisis intervention) to deal with situations exactly like this. It is a little bit BS in other ways (like you can't quickly grab someones arm to stop their hand, because it is too much like a strike), but that a well trained police officer couldn't do some of the really basic stuff taught in that is, imho, inexcusable.

I'd go even bigger picture though. Why do these cops not know that elderly people acting crazy are more likely mental health issues than serious criminal issues? Why was she approaching the situation as if that type of physical control was even necessary. As Robtard said, she sort of effortlessly immobilized the knife hand, an arm on the shoulder and a call to her family, boom, situation dealt with.

I was just being silly 'cause I thought this was a no-brainer smile

Robtard
Oh shit, just realized the cop was a female, makes sense now. Not trying to be a sexist pig, but in my experience, female officers tend to overreact in the aggression department.

Sado22
its possible. some women feel they have to work twice as hard because of all those retarded cliches they have to work against. you know, "weaker sex", "gentler sex", "oh, women aren't aggressive", "oh, women can't be mean" (which is bullshite because women can be mean as hell if they need be)

~Sado

Robtard
Which is probably the case, as the 3 female officers I had to deal with yelled and were overtly aggressive when there was no cause to be. I've also witnessed similar behaviour from female officers as a bystander.

Still though, slamming of the senile grandma was excessive, inferiority complex of the female officer or no.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Which is probably the case, as the 3 female officers I had to deal with yelled and were overtly aggressive when there was no cause to be. I've also witnessed similar behaviour from female officers as a bystander.

Still though, slamming of the senile grandma was excessive, inferiority complex of the female officer or no. PMS.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah the cop had the weapon arm locked and isolated the weapon from the possibilty of her grabbing the knife with the other hand. It looked over bar the shouting, to me, before the judo throw was employed.

If he couldn't get it off her, or even if she was spider-old-lady and had the strength of 20 men, he coulda backed off, bought his nightstick down on the top of her arm near the wrist.
That might have broken her wrist, but surely better that than a smashed open head or shattered pelvis/hip which the elderly are prone to...? There are loads of things, Im sure that the cop coulda done to subdue to the old girl that didnt inviolve this level of of damage..

occultdestroyer
The policewoman should've just tazered her.

Rogue Jedi
Did they ever say why she had a knife?

inimalist
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
The policewoman should've just tazered her.

absolutely unnecessary

the RCMP recently killed an elderly man because they thought something similar

tasers should only be used as a form of self defense for a police officer. If that cop couldn't have dealt with that situation differently, you are not training them well enough. Basic residential aides who work with the mentally handicapped are trained in simple ways to deescalate these situations, cops do not get to be testosterone driven meat heads.

Did they ever say why she had a knife?

alzheimer's

dadudemon
absolutely unnecessary

And dangerous to someone that old.

But, I think Mr. destroyer was being facetious..not serious.

inimalist
Originally posted by dadudemon
And dangerous to someone that old.

But, I think Mr. destroyer was being facetious..not serious.

lol, stupid internet...

people need to post winks when they are sarcastic... lol

Bardock42
lol, stupid internet...

people need to post winks when they are sarcastic... lol

Great idea wink

inimalist
ouch

botankus
Originally posted by chithappens
Am I the only one who finds this excessive?
Yes, and congratulations on defying the laws of probability with that achievement.

Mindship
Originally posted by botankus
...and congratulations on defying the laws of probability with that achievement. Gold, Jerry. Gold.

As far as the incident goes: the force does seem excessive - the old woman's head was bleeding. According to the news though, she was treated and released, so apparently she suffered no substantial injury (eg, broken hip). The officer may very well have tried to bring her down with as much control as possible, something untrained bystanders could miss.

celluloidluv100
Oh my, I saw this video not too long ago, how awful! Poor lady..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.