Bob Dylan stopped by police

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celestialdemon
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090814/ap_en_ot/us_people_bob_dylan

Reading this story, I can't help but compare this incident to the Gates one and how much differently this situation ended.

Mairuzu
tax money doing work

making sure our singers are not wondering about

Symmetric Chaos
Well I know who Dylan is but I wouldn't know him by sight.

whostheking
I wouldn't have a clue either.

Bardock42
Originally posted by celestialdemon
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090814/ap_en_ot/us_people_bob_dylan

Reading this story, I can't help but compare this incident to the Gates one and how much differently this situation ended. Pretty funny.

BruceSkywalker
all bob had to do has just sing to them

Kram3r
Lol, God that's awful. Yet, I bet it was humbling for him.

dadudemon
I didn't know what current Bob Dylan looked like, either. no expression

However, if he said his name was Bob Dylan, I wouldn't have believed him, and take the same actions as the police did.

However, the difference is:

1. a. Bob Dylan wasn't in his own home.
b. Bob Dylan didn't have his family pictures all over his own home.
c. A cop wasn't in his own home demanding ID or else a trip down town.
d. Bob Dylan didn't just get back from a long backpacking/hiking vacation adventure and Bob Dylan wasn't dead tired or grumpy from it being in the middle of the night.

2. Bob Dylan is white.

3. Bob Dylan, being dressed in nice clothing, looks far less supsicious in a poor neighborhood.

4. The person who called the police on Bob Dylan didn't know who he was, either. AHA!

5. Bob Dylan was much more respectful to the police and very polite about the ordeal, despite the fact that he is very famous.

In conclusion, the set of circumstances between Prof. Gates and Bob Dylan are vastly different. So different that the situations are not comparable. If the situation was Bob Dylan getting home late at night after a long vacation, and Bob had to finagle his way into his front door because it was stuck, or something, the, yes, I would compare the situations.

Mairuzu
However, you write too much dammit

i think i would have recognized him though, and im only 21...

i guess he needs to get out more

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Reading this story, I can't help but compare this incident to the Gates one and how much differently this situation ended.

Yeah, Dylan ended up free and cleared of any potential charges against him and Gates was . . .

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
However, you write too much dammit

i think i would have recognized him though, and im only 21...

i guess he needs to get out more

All variables and comparable items must be explored to come up with a comparitive analysis between the two situations, else I run the risk of making an incorrect conclusion.

Mairuzu
i hate the spaces also

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
i hate the spaces also

You bastard. sad

Darth Jello
911 transcript: Help!!! There's an old white man walking and mumbling incoherently down the street in our predominantly black neighborhood and he looks freewheelin'!!! Oh, how the times they are a changin'!!!!

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Jello
911 transcript: Help!!! There's an old white man walking and mumbling incoherently down the street in our predominantly black neighborhood and he looks freewheelin'!!! Oh, how the times they are a changin'!!!!

Yeah, we really saw another side of Bob Dylan, there.

Darth Jello
other than the electric side?

Bicnarok

jinXed by JaNx
That's what he gets for wanting to be left alone and out of the limelight. So, i guess he got what he wanted

Bicnarok
Lucky him, look what the limelight did to jacko

TGYDK
I heard about this from my brother and I found it absolutely hilarious. Bob Dylan's always doing odd things like this

Darth Jello
like buying a solid body electric and plugging it into an amp?

inimalist
Originally posted by Darth Jello
like buying a solid body electric and plugging it into an amp?

I always confuse Dylan and Young for that...

Darth Jello
Young can pull it off. Bob Dylan going electric is like having sex with a lesbian, interesting but ultimately awkward, unsettling, and pretty unsatisfying.

inimalist
oh ya, Young rocks like nobody else. The original punk rocker, lol

A friend and I keep trying to really appreciate his music while he is still around. I'm sure when he goes everyone is going to be like "oh, so much good, overlooked stuff".

I'm not nearly as familiar with Dylan as I should be, but ya, I like the acoustic sound way better, unless he is playing with the band

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.