Religion bashing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
i've said it before and i'll say it again: i have no problem with religious humor. but bashing is uncool.

i frequently come across posters (and certain mods) who not only post untrue garbage about religions but also bash them for no reasons, in threads they don't belong. when these "jokes" come from people who show up on the religion thread and openly display their disdain for religion then these "jokes" stop being funny.

that becomes worse when "intellectual" individuals say they are only saying the truth and that its your own fault for being offended. i call bullshite. randomly coming to threads and bashing religions when its not involved in a thread is not only stupid but also against forum rules, and so is offending people based on their religion. not to mention being pure a55holelry. if anyone's willing to actually debate certain issues then that's what the religon thread is for. but lots of them don't (dare i say, they cant?).

certain "intellectual" people also show up on the religion forums and bash religion left and right, flame people following these religions and before you know it, your opinions don't matter because you believe in god and believing in god is not intellectual. since when did being intellectual have anything to do with your religion? when did a select group get together and decide who is and who isn't intellectual? and when exactly did atheism/agnosticism certify this intelectual standard anyway?

to me atheism/agnosticism today is starting to head down the rock n roll path: what was an intellectual, individualistic stand that's reduced to a bunch of 40-year-old man childs whining about their highschool breakups. and i guess that was only natural, because all rebellions end up becoming what they were suppsoed to rebel against.

lots of atheism/agnosticism on these forums are about as close-minded, hateful and immature as those "evil" christians and muslims they love to condemn.

and that's a disgrace.

~Sado

lil bitchiness
Religion forum. If you have a problem with me, PM me.

Look around threads here - religion bashing galore. Of course, religion bashing only applies to Jews and Christians - in which case it's alright.

Otherwise, if we mention Muslims, it's a discrease.

If Christianity, Judiasm, Sicentilogy and Mormonisam can be bashed, Islam is right up there with them.
With even mroe to speak about.

Moved.

Sado22
it was meant for the general audience. weird....

lil bitchiness
''Evil Christians and Muslims'' that are condemned by 'mods and posters'.

So certain ''Mods and posters'' must be Jews, Athiests and possibly those pesky Hindus right?

Yeah, general audience my ass.

I'll leave this open, for now, even though it is a direct jab at me. If it gets out of hand it is getting closed.

Ushgarak
Offending people based on their religion is in no way against forum rules, because being offended does not necessarily imply you were flamed. All sorts of things that people hold dear get attacked here- people's political beliefs, people's tastes in art, music, films and literature, people's attitude to life...

For many people, some or all of these things are just as important to them as any religious view. So long as it is not a pure flame, having your beliefs attacked is part of life here as it is anywhere. There is no special exception for a relgiious belief.

inimalist
freedom of speech is important, even if it is insulting speech

Sado22
wow....at this rate i don't even have to say anything. all i have to do is point at you and say "stop doing what she's doing".
thanx for the free demonstration laughing out loud

i don't know what your issue is with muslims, but you need to stop putting words in my mouth. i'm right here most of the time defending christianity. its not alright to bash any religion, which in case you can't read, is the point of this thread to begin with.
nice to see you're still choking on your childish hate.

they shouldn't be bashed. that's the point.
and, wow, more islam bashing...how "intellectual".

once again, bashing all religions is bad. that's why i made this thread. not to mention that this is even more of your dellusional rambling because:
1) i'm not saying anything about jews or christians or hindus (and why stop here) zorastians, hoppis, buddhists, janists etc etc.
2) my point is that bashing religions is bad. period.
3) i'm not singling out religions here. YOU are.

and hindus? lolwat? you gotta be kidding me! laughing out loud
my best friend's a hindu, genius, we grew up together. his sister practically calls me brother. heck her husband calls me brother laughing out loud

see, the difference between you and me (besides the fact that you're rude and obnoxious and an insult to everything you're supposed to be as a mod) i don't discriminate between people. and i don't put words in their mouth. and i don't go and post lies about religions and then spew gibberish insults at people when they prove me wrong with facts. oh, and i can read without letting my baseless hate cloud my eyes. watching all this is...sad.

said it before: grow up.

~Sado

Ushgarak
They can and will be bashed, Sado.

But if you keep directly attacking Lil like that, you'll be warned and then banned.

Sado22
I am attacking her? with all due respect but:
1) she's being childish and spiteful
2) she's insulting my religion (just asked a few mods who said that its agains the rules btw)
3) she's insulting my religion needlessly and in inappropriate threads
4) she's putting words in my mouth
5) she's accusing me of saying things that i'm not saying

how are these anythng but an insult to being a mod? and this isn't the first tme i'm asking her to get her act together. if more proof is required i'll be glad to give it. in fact, just check your pm and watch the "prequels".

~Sado

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Sado22
wow....at this rate i don't even have to say anything. all i have to do is point at you and say "stop doing what she's doing".
thanx for the free demonstration laughing out loud

i don't know what your issue is with muslims, but you need to stop putting words in my mouth. i'm right here most of the time defending christianity. its not alright to bash any religion, which in case you can't read, is the point of this thread to begin with.
nice to see you're still choking on your childish hate.

they shouldn't be bashed. that's the point.
and, wow, more islam bashing...how "intellectual".

once again, bashing all religions is bad. that's why i made this thread. not to mention that this is even more of your dellusional rambling because:
1) i'm not saying anything about jews or christians or hindus (and why stop here) zorastians, hoppis, buddhists, janists etc etc.
2) my point is that bashing religions is bad. period.
3) i'm not singling out religions here. YOU are.

and hindus? lolwat? you gotta be kidding me! laughing out loud
my best friend's a hindu, genius, we grew up together. his sister practically calls me brother. heck her husband calls me brother laughing out loud

see, the difference between you and me (besides the fact that you're rude and obnoxious and an insult to everything you're supposed to be as a mod) i don't discriminate between people. and i don't put words in their mouth. and i don't go and post lies about religions and then spew gibberish insults at people when they prove me wrong with facts. oh, and i can read without letting my baseless hate cloud my eyes. watching all this is...sad.

said it before: grow up.

~Sado

I have not at any rate insulted you personally, nor have I insulted a group of people. I was critical against religion, as I am with plently of others. None are excluded.

It is MY opinion, and if you don't agree, you can debate without actually insulting me personally, which you have done repeatedly.

So, take this as your warning. You have been warned numerous times for other mod bashing, member bashing and trolling before.

I am warning you now again. Continue to personally insult me or anyone else on the boards, and you're banned.

Ushgarak
I am attacking her? with all due respect but:
1) she's being childish and spiteful
2) she's insulting my religion (just asked a few mods who said that its agains the rules btw)
3) she's insulting my religion needlessly and in inappropriate threads
4) she's putting words in my mouth
5) she's accusing me of saying things that i'm not saying

how are these anythng but an insult to being a mod? and this isn't the first tme i'm asking her to get her act together. if more proof is required i'll be glad to give it. in fact, just check your pm and watch the "prequels".

~Sado

Asusming any of what you say is true, you could have tried reporting it, talking to a mod about it, or in the last resort PMing Raz.

Instead you have made a thred which is basially a thinly veiled attack on a mod, and then made an absolute and uncontestable direct attack on a mod which would be grounds enough for me to ban you immediately. So do not expect me to be sympathetic.

Sado22
do you want me to post all your the times you have? do you honestly think that you are not insulting a group of people when you call their prophet a pedophile?
seriously.

well, you're doing it in threads where they don't belong. not to mention how you post someting that is untrue and then turn into some bizarre rant when i proved you wrong. in fact, the first thing you did when i posted the hadith was call muhammed a pedophile, totally ignored all the other hadiths and went on a rant against arabs? and you did it despite me asking you not to. i never was rude to you at any point.

i have a lot of opinions about you and people like you but i kept them to myself because it was uncalled for. this whole problem has arisen because you were out of line. don't play the victim.

absurd.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

1) spoken to several mods about it and posters, didn't want to report it because i honestly thought she was drunk at the time
2) she's playing victm
3) this thread wasn't aimed at her AT ALL and i'd love to see proof that it is
4) she's guilty of many of the accusations in this very thread. read over my post and tell me where i singled out jews or hindus or christians
5) already asked other mods if bashing religion is acceptable and they said no, no.
6) please tell me where i'm "personally attacking" her. i called her childish and silly. apparently that's unacceptable but bashing religions in random threads, posting untrue info about religions, putting words in posters' mouths and ranting is?

~Sado

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
freedom of speech is important, even if it is insulting speech

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Or the quote you used to have.

Sado22
in an appropriate places and time.
what lil did was inappropriate. and uncalled for.

Ushgarak
Sado... you are insulting the intelligence of everyone here by claiming you have niot personally attacked her. Just read your darn post again. You are stretching my patience very thin here, to the point where I begin to suspect that your provocation is deliberate.

You DID attack her. That is not up for debate. It was the wrong thing to do- that is what I am telling you. Carry on like this and it is a definite ban. So stop.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Ushgarak
They can and will be bashed, Sado.

But if you keep directly attacking Lil like that, you'll be warned and then banned. haermm

Sado22
did you read that pm? look over that, please.
and, i've already said it before: this thread was an open discussion. this had and has nothing to do with her. and my reply to her (if you read that pm i sent you) had some references to her antics in the "french ban burkini thread" which happened very, very recently. not the ones here.

like i said, read over the pm. you know, phuck it, here i'll just post here for everyone to see:

seriously, what is the message you're giving out here:
you can insult someone's religion in threads where they don't belong and step out of line and come up with obnoxious rants as replies to sound arguments and make sweeping generalizations of a particular race but if you say someone's beng immature and stupid we'll band you?

~Sado

Ushgarak
I simply don't believe you about the thread- it was clearly made as an atatck on her, and your references to mods makes that clear. Like I say, when you made that attack on Lil, yuou lost both your sympathy and my inclination to believe anything you say.

Sado22
i don't want your sympathy. keep it.
i do, however, want you to read pm i sent you...which i even posted here for you to see because clearly you aren't.

cleary made as an attack on her? okay so "i frequently come across posters (and certain mods) who not only post untrue garbage about religions but also bash them for no reasons" is the proof that this threads entire sole purpose is to bash lil? and yet in the FOUR paragraphs following it make no reference to her at all. better still, i already and very clearly mentioned other posters who are inclined to flame and bash religions for no reason.

interesting how one line has more weightage than FOUR paragraphs.

~Sado

Ushgarak
Yes, that is the proof, It's called common sense.

And calm your twisted head. I replied to your PM before you posted this.

Red Nemesis
If we take the thread at face value (ignoring ulterior motives and drama) then this line sums the exchange up nicely:

Why not?

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Or the quote you used to have.

and how!

I might be missing something, but imho, it is the freedom from which all other freedoms come.

in an appropriate places and time.
what lil did was inappropriate. and uncalled for.

inappropriate schminappropriate

speech needs to be free or there is no point

if you don't like it, don't create threads which invite it

if you can't deal with people on the internet calling Mohammed a pedophile, unplug your modem

Sado22
calm as a cucumber, mate.

beautifully put.
now please understand the difference between "free speech" and "talking out of your ass". freedom of speech is a HUGE responsibility. your right to say what you want is balanced equally by being responsible for what you say.
freedom of speech is not an excuse to pull random, baseless shit out of nowhwere and throw a tantrum when people prove you wrong.

also, i can and am handling mohammed being called a pedophile. however, this wasn't about mohammed being a pedophle. it was about lil's comment on muslim men's hygiene. stop staring at my sig and read whats going on! cool

~Sado

Ushgarak
See, isn't it suspicious that every example you are making is about lil? This is why it is fatuous to think that I'll believe that this was not aimed at her.

No-one is supporting baseless attacks on anything. But you clearly state that relgiion should not be bashed at all. That's what people are at issue with.

Sado22
laughing out loud
well, sorry being unclear, boys and girls. what i mean to say is "why bash religion needlessly"?

lil bitchiness
calm as a cucumber, mate.

beautifully put.
now please understand the difference between "free speech" and "talking out of your ass". freedom of speech is a HUGE responsibility. your right to say what you want is balanced equally by being responsible for what you say.
freedom of speech is not an excuse to pull random, baseless shit out of nowhwere and throw a tantrum when people prove you wrong.

also, i can and am handling mohammed being called a pedophile. however, this wasn't about mohammed being a pedophle. it was about lil's comment on muslim men's hygiene. stop staring at my sig and read whats going on! cool

~Sado

I warned you to stop.

inimalist
beautifully put.

word

now please understand the difference between "free speech" and "talking out of your ass".

indeed. One is a freedom which the state does not have, nor should be allowed, the power to regulate, and the other is the consequence of talking knowledgeably about a subject you are ill informed of.

They are, essentially, in no way related, other than to say that freedom of speech explicitly allows people to lie, say things they are mistaken about, make shit up on the spot, and be insulting or offensive towards others.

freedom of speech is a HUGE responsibility. your right to say what you want is balanced equally by being responsible for what you say.

only when talking about civil decorum. I agree, I wouldn't slander the religion of a friend, nor expect any constructive diologue to come out of doing so.

It is still allowed and acceptable. Freedom of speech, as in, the actual human freedom, is bound by no such issues of "being responsible for what you say", other than in strict consequentialist terms.

in fact, it is, and further, must be

also, i can and am handling mohammed being called a pedophile. however, this wasn't about mohammed being a pedophle. it was about lil's comment on muslim men's hygiene.

ok, so if you can't handle people making incorrect or insulting comments about the hygiene rules in Islam, don't discuss them on the internet.

stop staring at my sig and read whats going on! cool

You have twice mentioned lil's comments about Mohammed as a pedophile in this thread, when discussing specific things she has said that you found offensive. This is your first mention of the discussion you were having with her about hygiene in this thread.

By, in fact, reading what you had posted, I got the impression that it was the pedophile comment, and not the hygiene one, that stirred you up.

Quincy
KMC IS AN UNHOLY PLACE!

shiv
Sado Made some Valid Points.

Yesterday I was going to make such a thread.

Debating the rights and wrongs of bashing people who pray too much

The Lady next door is really annoying.
Ironic considering I agree with her Religion.

From following this discussion and the simillarly Themed French Burkini Thread I've identified the best possible way in which to Resolve the issue with The girl next door.

As to the Feuding It is clear Sado is being penalised for excercising and defending his right to free speech.

In the French Thread Sado corrected Lies posted by his aggressor

As to this thread and Bashing Religion.

When done in the presence of A religious person it is a form of verbal abuse As is detailed in Employment Law. Ignorance is no Defense.

If it happens in a social setting it constitutes harrassment. Law Enforcement has provisions against disturbing the peace. Clubs, Restuarants, Retail and Sporting venues have power to remove from the premises Members of the public who engage in spontaneous acts of Religion Bashing. Usually They will ask you politely to Leave before calling security

The same is true for Trains/ Coaches/ Buses and Airlines. Passengers who indulge in Religion Bashing can be discharged at the discretion of the Staff.

Terms and conditions enabled when Passengers purchase tickets will protect the Travel Provider in A court of Law.

lil bitchiness
No, Sado is punished for continuing personal attack, making a thread which does not address issues of bashing religion, but having a jab/troll/bash at me.
He's not defending his right to free speech, he's upset someone dissed his religion, when in this forum, every prophet religion demonination is being critisized/bashed/dissed.

It just so happened that everyone is too chicken shit to say anything about muslims, while other demonimation is free for all.

I'm not a Christian, but it would be offencive that Sado said in another thread that ''God to be stabbed 18 times in front of Jesus''.

Before this thread becomes troll fest - it is getting closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.