Just how powerful is Mr. Mxyzptlk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
I just finished watching some old episodes of the Superman TAS DVD, namely "Mxyzpixelated", starring Gilbert Gottfried as Mr. Mxy.

In the cosmic sense, how powerful is Mxy? Could he go toe-to-toe with, say, Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet? Is there a limit to his power?

I'm only curious because I have never explored this character as much as others.

xJLxKing
Mxy is very powerful. One of the most powerful beings in marvel. There is a respect thread only for him. To answer you question, he could go toe-to-toe with Thanos and his IG. Though, that is just my opinion. Others will say no, but he isn't far behind.

In his respect, he casually destroyed universes for his own amusement. He has destroyed the multiverse and put in back together in his own image with a snap of his finger. He even beat the top dogs in DC like Spectre (who was very powerful at some encounters).

batdude123
Very.

Magee
The guy can do what ever he wants, he's about as high as you can get on the reality warping scale.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment
I just finished watching some old episodes of the Superman TAS DVD, namely "Mxyzpixelated", starring Gilbert Gottfried as Mr. Mxy.

In the cosmic sense, how powerful is Mxy? Could he go toe-to-toe with, say, Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet? Is there a limit to his power?

I'm only curious because I have never explored this character as much as others.

Read Emperor Joker. That will answer all your questions.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Mxy is very powerful. One of the most powerful beings in marvel.

confused

xJLxKing
Lol, I meant Dc

Galan007
Here's the Mxy respect thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t474704.html

it should answer your question.

WhoopeeDee
Mr. Mxyzptlk is as powerful as Bat-Mite....yup...that POWERFUL!

Impediment
Nobody answered my question:

Could Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet go toe-to-toe with Mxy?

After reading up on Mxy, I doubt it.

gobstakid777
there is no limit to his power.he's far more powerful than IG,proably equal to if not more powerful than HOTU.His absolute most powerful was Wrold's Funnest,but since people don't accept it as canon,Emerpror Joker is probably the most powerful canon example ur gonna get.he's only under pre-retcon beyonder(WF is equal to him imo) in power

WhoopeeDee

After reading up on Mxy, I doubt it.

The IG does not work in the DCU:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=451186

Mxy eats and then shits Thanos out.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
The IG does not work in the DCU:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=451186

Mxy eats and then shits Thanos out.
even if it did,mxy would still shit on thanos

Impediment
What about Marvel's cosmic characters like Galactus, Eternity, and, even, the Living Tribunal?

xJLxKing
Galactus, and Eternity wont stop Mxy. LT on the other hand could stalemate him, or possibly beat him.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Galactus, and Eternity wont stop Mxy. LT on the other hand could stalemate him, or possibly beat him.
at his absolute most powerful(World's Funnest),mxy is equal to,or just below,Pre-Retcon Beyonder and thus way more powerful than LT

Galan007

After reading up on Mxy, I doubt it. Originally posted by Impediment
What about Marvel's cosmic characters like Galactus, Eternity, and, even, the Living Tribunal? there will always be debates concerning those questions, but mxy's feats speak for themselves..

-easily destroying/recreating the multiverse
-showing absolute control over time/reality.
-owning spectre repeatedly.
-shrugging off blasts from ultimator
-demonstrating the omniscience to go along with his omnipotence.
-retconning specific characters on a whim.
-breaking the 'real world's' and marvel's 4th wall, whenever the hell he feels like it.
-venturing into, and out of, the source itself... just because he feels like it.
-etc.

in short, mxy has always been an excuse for writers to do whatever the hell they want.

starlock
I would say yes Thanos IG can go toe to toe with Mxy...the fact that the IG makes you all powerfull in these areas in particular...mind,reality...and we know the rest...to me it shows that concerning an actuall fight...i dont think thanos's mastery over reality will make him go down quick....so yes he can goe toe to toe with mxy at least concerning himself and what can be done to him

Concerning an actual vs match...i would give mxy the majority...as Glaan has said...his feats are superior

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.