Real Life Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
In the world we live in, man has created many technological marvels, especially of the military kind. Man has the capability to blow himself up and make his race extinct. Who knows what kinds of new weapons are being developed and tested in top secret labs today.

With that said, what if our planet's combined military efforts had to stop the following beings from destroying our world. Would we be able..and still preserve much human life?

In this gauntlet, state how each invader would fare against our modern warfare technology. Also state which level of resitance would be enough to put down the potential conqueror. For Instance, could Joker be taken out by local police, elite special forces, or would it take an entire batallion or brigade to take him out, etc..

Levels of resistance for each invader are as follows:
1. Local police, SWAT Teams
2. National Guard Batallion
3. Elite Special Forces Units/Special Ops Units
4. Partial U.S. Military assault(1 full Brigade)
5. Full U.S. military assault(Army, AF, Navy, Marines)
6. Full Assault by all the World's Armies
7. No military resistance would work, and the invader conquers Earth

This is not a gauntlet where Earth has to face the next invader after
defeating the previous invader...Earth's Armies would be depleted very quickly. The purpose of this gauntlet is just to gauge how effective we could be against a single invader. In other words, it's just a test to see who we could defeat, and who we can't defeat.

The Invaders:

1. Batman
2. Spiderman
3. Sabretooth
4. Thing
5. Colossus
6. Magneto
7. Hulk
8. Apolcalypse
9. Juggernaut
10. Superman

Placidity
I like this topic smile

The Invaders:

1. Batman

Well I'm not sure what you had intended in mind here specifically because in such a scenario Batman wouldn't get in a straight up fight, instead he would use prep and carry out little missions to achieve his objective (world domination etc). If you mean how long he would survive in a pure physical confrontation, I would probably just say 1. Police/SWAT. But expect to go through quite a few units...

2. Spiderman

He is often seen dodging multiple gunfire. Combined with his maneuverability, it'll be hard to bring him down. Maybe 4. Partial U.S. Military assault. Even that is doubtful if Spidey just wants to cruise around the city at speed. If Spidey tries to fight straight up, probably the Spec ops will do (prepped).

3. Sabretooth

3. Elite Special Forces Units/Special Ops Units. Unlike Spidey, he probably won't be running away successfully from a large group. In a confrontation, you'd probably need at least 10-20 Spec Ops operators (prepped) with some good distance between them.

4. Thing

4. Partial U.S. Military assault(1 full Brigade). High explosive spam (like a few helicopters armed with a shit load of rockets) should do the trick.

5. Colossus

4. Partial U.S. Military assault(1 full Brigade). Same as above.

6. Magneto

7. No military resistance would work, and the invader conquers Earth. Pretty much all conventional weapons are useless against him I think. He could just retreat into the skies to recuperate if needed. However, biological or chemical weapons could work... so maybe 6... But then again he doesn't need to fight on ground. If he wanted to destroy Earth he could do so easily in the air.

7. Hulk

6. Full Assault by all the World's Armies. A few nukes should eff him up. Plus they can get him after he converts to Banner.

8. Apolcalypse
9. Juggernaut
10. Superman

Most Probably 7.

jalek moye
1. Batman - in a straight fight local police and swat teams can take him. If he is prepped enough it would take either the combined might of the worlds armies normally, or depending on what he does he might conquer earth.
2. Spiderman - depends on how many special forces, in a recent spider-man comic he saw his future self fighting off like 30 before he was killed.
3. Sabretooth -special forces if they use the right weaponry
4. Thing - partial military strike if they use explosives
5. Colossus - depends on the weapons. either partial or full US military strike
6. Magneto - conquers earth in most cases
7. Hulk - fcombined military might can possibly put him down if they do it fast enough. But more then likly he conquers earth, although he wouldnt be able to rule it effectivly
8. Apolcalypse - conquers earth
9. Juggernaut -conqueres earth, allthough they could stall him he eventually would
10. Superman - conquers earth very fast

Parmaniac
I'm pretty sure Hulk, Magneto and Apoc can be nuked, does the word tzar bomba ring a bell? No? Ok then I'll search for something that shows what it's capable of.

EDIT: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/339291829_59679da6f8.jpg

jalek moye
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I'm pretty sure Hulk, Magneto and Apoc can be nuked, does the word tzar bomba ring a bell? No? Ok then I'll search for something that shows what it's capable of.

EDIT: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/339291829_59679da6f8.jpg
Magneto can send it back at them or various other things

and a nuke won't kill hulk. A couple might if they are done early

thanos-prime
magneto has shut down all the nukes in the worlds simultaneously there not nuking him

Placidity
How can Magneto be nuked? He can reverse the magneto poles of Earth, I'm sure he could repel the missile. He also has shields...

Also, they don't know where he is if he stays in the air.

Parmaniac
Oh really? Sorry I didn't knew about that and I was more thinking of a decoy scenario like placing a hidden nuke somewhere and lure him into its blastzone, but if he can shut all of them down at the same time I think that's not going to work though...

thanos-prime
he can also perceive the world as magnetic and electrical patterns so there not going to surprise him

Placidity
A powerful telepath would've been interesting in here I think...

Placidity
Mystique could probably do it too. Infiltrate the government, kill the President without anyone knowing and replace him smile

Parmaniac
What about biological / chemical warfare against Mags? I mean sooner or later he has to breath. (please don't bash if I'm wrong agian I'm just trying to figure out ways stick out tongue )

thanos-prime
lol im not trying to bash you just explaining some of the things he can do with his powers well well he could send them depending on how they use them in missile form not effective cant think of any other way to affect him with it

Placidity
Yea I mentioned that before, but he can stay in the air... so how are they going to deliver the bio/chemical agents? Not via missile, because we know why.

And also, if you release it on a large scale, you'd be killing the majority of your own population, but unlike a nuke, it won't be contained, bio weapons will spread.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Placidity
Yea I mentioned that before, but he can stay in the air... so how are they going to deliver the bio/chemical agents? Not via missile, because we know why.

And also, if you release it on a large scale, you'd be killing the majority of your own population, but unlike a nuke, it won't be contained, bio weapons will spread. yep i dont think they would resort to killing there own people

Parmaniac
Originally posted by thanos-prime
lol im not trying to bash you just explaining some of the things he can do with his powers well well he could send them depending on how they use them in missile form not effective cant think of any other way to affect him with it

I wasn't really reffering to it was more like 3 people at the same time posted that I'm wrong, that felt a bit downthrowing (<- checking term right now) stick out tongue , what about Hulk, we could send Loeb in a Rulk costume to give him a run for his money laughing

and yeah missiles wouldn't work but I think we have more than enough idiotic relgios fanatics to waste on him to do the job

thanos-prime
I wasn't really reffering to it was more like 3 people at the same time posted that I'm wrong, that felt a bit downthrowing (<- checking term right now) stick out tongue , what about Hulk, we could send Loeb in a Rulk costume to give him a run for his money laughing

and yeah missiles wouldn't work but I think we have more than enough idiotic relgios fanatics to waste on him to do the job as for hulk they could eventually figure out he is powered by rage then let him roam the country side till he settles then put a bullet in banner's head,as for running up to mags not sure if those chemicals could get through his shield

jalek moye
Originally posted by thanos-prime
as for hulk they could eventually figure out he is powered by rage then let him roam the country side till he settles then put a bullet in banner's head,

does that work tho? i remember that killing hi mas banner is hard because his body hulks itself out to save it self. Hasn't he shot himself in the head before?

i mean there are ways to supress the transformation but i dont know if just shooting him does the trick

thanos-prime
eh i guess you could just nuke him after he transforms back to be sure

Parmaniac
Originally posted by jalek moye
does that work tho? i remember that killing hi mas banner is hard because his body hulks itself out to save it self. Hasn't he shot himself in the head before?

i mean there are ways to supress the transformation but i dont know if just shooting him does the trick

what about narcotic substances (if he's Banner) would that work or also turn him back? Then throw him into a rocket and shoot him into the sun (greetings from Supes ) shifty

jalek moye
that might work. he has been drugged before.

allthough the recent time ended very badly

Placidity
Or freeze him with liquid nitrogen instantly.

Parmaniac
I have a question about Superman, was it ever explained why red sunlight weakens him and yellow fuels him, I mean of course in "red sunlight" there's a bigger amount of red in the spectrum but if that's really all?

to make my question even more simple is it like this?:

red = bad
yellow = good

I mean it should be pretty easy to emulate and seperate that frequency and use it against him, not that it would be easy to kill him after all but it leaves a chance open.

jalek moye
I have a question about Superman, was it ever explained why red sunlight weakens him and yellow fuels him, I mean of course in "red sunlight" there's a bigger amount of red in the spectrum but if that's really all?

to make my question even more simple is it like this?:

red = bad
yellow = good

I mean it should be pretty easy to emulate and seperate that frequency and use it against him, not that it would be easy to kill him after all but it leaves a chance open.

It takes an unatanble amount of red sunlight to have a lastign effect on him. Plus aslong as there is yellow sunlight aswell it wont matter

basilisk
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars

Assuming no prep...

1. Batman - Local police/SWAT, eventually.
2. Spiderman - might survive long enough to call in 2/3
3. Sabretooth - 2/3, they would need to take him down then blow him up.
4. Thing - 3/4. It depends on the weapons. With his lack of flight/speed I could see any of 1-4 going off to get adequate heavy weapons to take him down.
5. Colossus - same as Thing, might take longer to put him down.

6. Magneto - Probably 7. Unless they find him when he's sleeping and nuke him the only thing that might get him is one of those incredibly nasty chemical/biological weapons, the type where less than a pinhead of the stuff in the air can kill him before he even knows it - but I see a lot of civilian casualties in that scenario.

7. Hulk - possibly 5-6 if they get him early with a nuke or chemical weapon. Otherwise they use the tactic of tracking via satellite, complete mass evacuation of areas as he approaches, and total non-engagement & non-contact until he calms down. Hulk eventually gets bored, and when the satellite feed shows him fall asleep and revert into Banner the special ops team move in and headshot him. Otherwise the world has to wait until he dies of old age.

8. Apocalypse - I don't see anything working outside of mass nuclear assault or the deadliest chemical weapons. But he probably conquers the world because he has the skills to do it.

9. Juggernaut - nothing in Earth's arsenal would phase him. He is immune to chemical, biological, nuclear attack, doesn't breath, eat, sleep, age, or tire. But he is too dumb and unambitious to actually conquer the world, and relatively slow. Unless earth wants to give in they could do same as for Hulk, carry out constant satellite tracking and mass evacuations when he approaches - total non-contact. When Juggs eventually gets bored and frustrated at his empty life (as he did in a 'What If?' where he was the last man on earth, he isn't a mindless monster after all) he might eventually agree to become a law-abiding citizen and be allowed to rejoin society. Kind of like when he reformed and joined the X-Men for a while.

10. Superman - he would conquer the world.

Peterlane
We know Superman weakness.

Magneto, Juggernaut and Pooky solo

jalek moye
Originally posted by Peterlane
We know Superman weakness.

we cant produce enough it though

Placidity
Just wondering... does Juggernaut have 'super jump', you know, like leap large and high distances like the Hulk?

Wei Phoenix
Just wondering... does Juggernaut have 'super jump', you know, like leap large and high distances like the Hulk?

Don't see why not since there is nothing separating his leg muscles with Hulk's. There's no super jump power that I know of, it's just crouch and jump for Hulk why not Cain? Is there something about Gamma radiation that gives off the super ups?

basilisk
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Don't see why not since there is nothing separating his leg muscles with Hulk's. There's no super jump power that I know of, it's just crouch and jump for Hulk why not Cain? Is there something about Gamma radiation that gives off the super ups?

It's the gamma radiation emanating from his feet.

-Pr-
Superman conquers earth easily. heck, he even conquered dc earth at one point. our earth wouldn't give him a challenge.

Colossus could do it imo, as i don't see anything less than a full on nuclear strike putting him down.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by basilisk
It's the gamma radiation emanating from his feet.

Really? Then I was right because Cain has that too you know.

basilisk
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Really? Then I was right because Cain has that too you know.

Nah, was just referring to another ongoing thread!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=514070&pagenumber=6

psycho gundam
magneto, and everyone below him take the planet easily.

destabilizing the planet isn't that hard, just hit key points and in time it will crumble on it's own. one e.m.p. in manhatten would ripple out to all the world's financial systems. if he does one there and then one in london, hong kong, tokyo, and berlin...... magneto doesn't even deed to make his presents known to do it. :/

and our world successfully nuking hulk is a pipe dream.

Bouboumaster
Hulk and below do it

Lord Feron
I'm pretty sure a magnetic crane lift would be able to solo Colossus. Or something like that.

ColossusGrundy
Dunno bout Thing, but Ultimate Colossus took a nuclear warhead and lived. Colossus up lives through it all.

Thing maybe unless nukes are involved.

gobstakid777
first off,really cool thread

Bats-like another poster said, #1 will take him in a straight fight, but at full prep, it's gonna take #5 or even #6 to take him

Spiderman-#3 probably

Sabretooth-#3, #4 if he's really tryin to beast

Thing and Collosus-#4

Mags,Apoc,Juggs,and Supes-#7

Hulk-possibly #6,but probably #7

Knowsbleed33

Sure, he has a few leaping feats. It's not a super-power, it's just really strong legs.

Juggernaut never leaps anywhere because he's never in a hurry and why leap over something when you can walk through it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.