Shinnok vs. Onaga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
So yeah, me and Ridley started this.

First, Onaga's Deception ending is non-canon an what he does there is irrelevant.
Second, Cage hurt a vastly weakened Shinnok. Shinnok at full power would destroy Cage and all of Earth's heroes no sweat. I'm also positive he could defeat Onaga.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Luminatus
First, Onaga's Deception ending is non-canon an what he does there is irrelevant.
It shows canon ability though.

Second, Cage hurt a vastly weakened Shinnok. Shinnok at full power would destroy Cage and all of Earth's heroes no sweat. I'm also positive he could defeat Onaga.
Even in MK4, he was tricked by Quan Chi and given a weaker duplicate of the real Amulet.

wQw6kdgpNCc

For a God, he's pretty naive.

Aside from that, Onaga took hold of the real Amulet in the Deception intro (which is canon). He can simply create a new mummified army, use the Amulet to control them, and if need be, use them to take down Shinnok.
Or he can just annihilate Shinnok with the Amulet itself like Quan did in the above vid. So many ways the Dragon King can win this.

Luminatus
BS. It didn't happen, it doesn't count. If Shujinko with some powers can shatter the Kamidogu and kick hia ss, any of he Elder Gods should be able to as well.

So?

Shinnok plunged a planet into centuries of darkness and his inferior, Raiden, nearly destroyed a race of people in that war. Shinnok can easily dispose of Onaga's army.

Non-canon. Even with the amulet Quan Chi couldn't defeat Scorpion, let alone Shinnok.
All the amulet does for Onaga is allow him to merge the Kamidogu and gain supreme power. For Shinnok, it restores his power as an Elder God.
r640Acq-Dx8

Skip to about 3:35

Ridley_Prime
BS. It didn't happen, it doesn't count. If Shujinko with some powers can shatter the Kamidogu and kick hia ss, any of he Elder Gods should be able to as well.
What you just mentioned there didn't happen either.

If Onaga succeeded in merging the Kamidogu (and in turn, merging the realms within himself as shown in his Deception ending), the Elder Gods (including Shinnok) would've been no match for him. There's really no denying that, like it or not.
At least it's much more plausible than your crazy theory about the Elder Gods shattering the Kamidogu.. which they themselves created. They don't have the same thought process/motivations as Shujinko.

So?
So, he's pretty naive. By saving Onaga (Armageddon bio), Shinnok dug his own grave as well.

Shinnok plunged a planet into centuries of darkness and his inferior, Raiden, nearly destroyed a race of people in that war.
Raiden, Shinnok's inferior? I guess that's why he got pwned by him and sent to the Netherrealm earlier on..

Shinnok can easily dispose of Onaga's army.
Maybe you forgot, but one of the Dragon King's natural abilities is that he can revive the dead to do his bidding (this includes his mummified army), so any effort Shinnok makes in destroying the army would be in vein, as they would keep getting revived again and again.

Even with the amulet Quan Chi couldn't defeat Scorpion
Only because Quan Chi's powers weaken while in the Netherrealm, whereas Scorpion's strength grows.

Skip to about 3:35
Yeah, I know about that. I've played through MK Mythologies and own the game.

If Shinnok, the so-called destroyer of all realms would destroy Cage and all of Earth's heroes no sweat, he wouldn't of had his full power/Amulet stolen so easily by elder Sub-zero in MK Mythologies, nor would he have been defeated by Liu Kang in MK4.

I guess this battle can go either way.

Luminatus
I know this but he didn't so it doesn't matter.

Yes i did. You just quoted Onaga's bio which confirms Shujinko's eding, what I said, was canon.

Um all Onaga does in his ending is rule Outworld again.

Your defintion of "pwned" is ridiculous.
For one, just by virtue of being an Elder God, Shinnok is above a regular god (Raiden)
Second, Raiden had to fight Shinnok for centuries and even then he only won with the intervention of the other Elder Gods.
So Raiden never even won on his own, let alone pwned Shinnok.

There's also the fact Shinnok had to fight Raiden without the other Elder Gods' noticing. Shinnok probably wasn't using all his power.
I'll admit that's only conjecture but it's logical speculation.

Revive, not reform. Nothing says if Shinnok reduced them all to dust that Onaga could regenerate them. Even if he did, what are they gonna do to an Elder God?

Fine. With the Amulet he still was losing to Raiden...in Outworld. The place where Raiden has no dominion and is probably weaker.

It was a fake Amulet in MK Mythologies too. Quan Chi's ending is at least right in the part about Shinnok having a fake amulet (as seen in Shinnok's bio card as you know)
Quan Chi says:
"Years ago, I delivered to you an exact duplicate. I even fooled Raiden..."

He clearly doesn't mean the second time he gave Shinnok his amulet as he says "years ago..." Shinnok didn't wait years to escape the Nettherealm in MK4. He even mentions fooling Raiden which references how Raiden thought he had gotten the real amulet at the end of MK Mythologies.

Liu Kang's sdefeated every opponent he's taken on in Mortal Kombat. This includes Shao Kahn who may have been Onaga's inferior at one point but that was like thousands of years ago. With Onaga dead, Shao Kahn's only risen in power presumably. Kahn's feats of merging planets and mass soul sucking also are above anything we've seen or heard of Onaga (without an outside powerup) doing.
So a vastly weakened Shinnok losing to Liu isn't bad at all.

Ridley_Prime

Luminatus
I didn't. I meant Armageddon where you said Shinnok is igging his own grave by helping Onaga. But if Onaga wins, all he does is rule Outworld.

No but logically if Shujinko can do it, so could they. Then they could vape Onaga like the flea he is to their power.

Um, if you hadn't cut off my post, you might have seen i already knew this and addressed it.

I like Shujinko but his power is shit compared to stealing the souls of most of the planet in one go.

He was merging Earth with Outowrld albeit "slowly" and obviously Earth is a planet. Only the MK heroes stopped him but he would have taken the entire planet had it not been for them.

Ridley_Prime
I didn't. I meant Armageddon where you said Shinnok is igging his own grave by helping Onaga. But if Onaga wins, all he does is rule Outworld.
Did you even read all of his bio?

"I will pose as Shinnok's pawn and join Quan Chi's alliance. Shao Kahn will never reach Blaze. But I would be a fool to allow Daegon victory. Once I have slain the fire elemental and have taken the prize for myself, I will have Shinnok's head. Onaga serves NO ONE!"

No but logically if Shujinko can do it, so could they. Then they could vape Onaga like the flea he is to their power.
Like I said, the Elder Gods would never destroy the Kamidogu which they themselves created, as they don't have the same thought process/motivations as Shujinko. Onaga's Deception ending shows that the Elder Gods stand idly by and let everything happen, until something threatens their own existence (in this case, Onaga merging the Kamidogu, which they acted too late against in Onaga's MKD ending, bringing about their own end).

This was why Raiden resigned from his status as Elder God and became God of Thunder again, because he doesn't just let shit happen like they do.

I like Shujinko but his power is shit compared to stealing the souls of most of the planet in one go.
Based on what? Khan was defeated by Liu Lame. Lame (as a spirit) was one of the fighters who trained Shujinko in Deception's Konquest. With Lame's fighting styles and moves at his disposal, along with that of many other warriors, he can easily beat Khan as well.

Luminatus
I don't care what his bio says he will do, I care what his ending says he does do. And all he does is rule Outworld and punish Kahn.

Besides, Shinnok rules the Netherrealm and can create armies of illusions at will. Onaga will never get at him.

But I didn't say it's what they would do, I said it's what they could do. All I was saying is they could destroy Onaga no problem if they actually tried.

That's not necessary to complete Konquest so who's to say it's canon? Unless we take Armageddon where he knows Liu's Kick...well I guess it probably is.
Anyway, that's Shujinko. Onaga hasn't copied the fighting powers and essences of dozens of warriors. All he has is his own power he had when he was killed thousands of years ago while Kahn has only risen in power.

This is all besides the point however. Shinnok with his Amulet is stronger than Onaga.

Ridley_Prime
I don't care what his bio says he will do, I care what his ending says he does do. And all he does is rule Outworld and punish Kahn.
The bio has relevance as well though regardless of which you care about. Like the endings, the bios were also made by Ed Boon/the producers.

Besides, Shinnok rules the Netherrealm and can create armies of illusions at will. Onaga will never get at him.
Taven got past those illusions if I recall correctly. It wouldn't be a stretch at all to assume Onaga could do the same.

And likewise, Onaga has servants/holy men (akin to Khan's Shadow Priests) that were capable of enslaving even Blaze.

That's not necessary to complete Konquest so who's to say it's canon? Unless we take Armageddon where he knows Liu's Kick...well I guess it probably is.
Exactly.

Anyway, that's Shujinko. Onaga hasn't copied the fighting powers and essences of dozens of warriors.
How do you know that? He gave Shujinko the ability to do that in the first place, so it's logical to assume he has that gift as well.

This is all besides the point however. Shinnok with his Amulet is stronger than Onaga.
Even with the Kamidogu merged? 131

Could go either way I guess. This would most certainly be an interesting battle IMO.

Wei Phoenix
Onaga the Dragon King.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.