Vaapad vs Djem So

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
I've seen both forms used and they look very similar, except Vaapad doesn't have a defense as solid as Djem So. Plus Vaapad is faster.

Which is form is stronger? In a pure lightsaber fight with two people with the same stats, and no force powers allowed, who would win?

truejedi
that's like asking if karate or tae-kwon-do is better. I think Niman is stated to be more basic, and therefore a tad weaker, but the other's all have their strengths and weaknesses, on isn't necessarily better than the others.

It is all about who is better at their form.

For instance, Dooku's form isn't nearly as effective against blaster bolts, but it is much more effective against other sabers. Does that make it stronger? or weaker? depends on how you look at it.

Darth Sevius
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
I've seen both forms used and they look very similar, except Vaapad doesn't have a defense as solid as Djem So. Plus Vaapad is faster.

Which is form is stronger? In a pure lightsaber fight with two people with the same stats, and no force powers allowed, who would win?

When have you seen Vaapad used? What was shown in RoTS was more like Shii-Cho than Vaapad. Vaapad would have had Mace fighting at such speed that he would appear as a blur with "dozens of blades" attacking from all directions/angles.

Lord Lucien
Vaapad is as much of a state of mind than a fighting form. Ir draws on Juyo for it's physical fundamentals, and the mentality of user for it's corporeal aspects. We saw the creator and master of Vaapad use it, so obviously it's gonna be awesome. We also saw a master in Djem So use that, and it was awesome.

Depends on the user and the situation.

mattatom
If Anakin actually controlled himself now and again and Palpatine disappeared into the Maw, Vaapad might work very well for him.

Incanus
But it draws on the inherent darkness in the user, and Anakin has alot of it, so he would fall after using it only once or twice I would think. Even Mace admited that it draws on his love of battle.

mattatom
Originally posted by Incanus
But it draws on the inherent darkness in the user, and Anakin has alot of it, so he would fall after using it only once or twice I would think. Even Mace admited that it draws on his love of battle. Hence the controlling himself if he could dang he'd be lethal.

KingD19
You can't really compare which style it's better, it's whose a better fighter. A master at Djem So is better than an intermediate at Vaapad.

However, I'll say Djem So, because simply using Vaapad is already tipping the battle in your opponents favor.

Incanus
Anakin would be completly uber if he could have controlled himself more and used Vapaad effectivly enough to be a master at it.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by KingD19
You can't really compare which style it's better, it's whose a better fighter. A master at Djem So is better than an intermediate at Vaapad.

However, I'll say Djem So, because simply using Vaapad is already tipping the battle in your opponents favor. In what sense? A skilled Vaapad practitioner would be channeling their own inner darkness in to strength, something the non-Vaapad user wouldn't get. That to me says advantage--Vaapad.

But yeah, either way, it's all in the user. The crazy Arab guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark was the best swordsman in the world. But Indie was better with guns.

KingD19
Well, your channeling your own inner darkness into strength, but if they're still more skilled than you, you're screwed. Plus there's always the chance that you could turn in battle, and that split second is enough to take you down.

Lord Lucien
Well, your channeling your own inner darkness into strength, but if they're still more skilled than you, you're screwed. Plus there's always the chance that you could turn in battle, and that split second is enough to take you down. ...yeah, hence "being a skilled practioner".

*ApathyIsDeath*
Well, your channeling your own inner darkness into strength, but if they're still more skilled than you, you're screwed. Plus there's always the chance that you could turn in battle, and that split second is enough to take you down.

Wow. I kneel at your extensive grasp of logic.

If a Vapaad user is more skilled than you, you're screwed. Plus there's always the chance that you could turn in battle, and that split second is enough to take you down.

Incanus
Copy cating is not cool dude. Not cool. Lucien got it right, if they are skileld in Vapaad, there is a relativly low chance of them turning, if any.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.