Movie Icon Bar Room Brawl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
The following characters have been unknowingly placed in a bar that is about to have a spectacularly gruesome brawl involving some of the most popular characters to ever grace the screen. Each combatant is unarmed but are fighting drunk. They can use materials that could be found in a bar like glass, bottles, silverware, chairs, etc. One the brawl starts everyone else that was in the room prior disappears. The only people in the bar at the time of the fight are the six combatants listed below. For a contestant to be eliminated they must be killed. Please give thorough explanations of your used logic that help you come to your decision. Who walks out alive?

Combatants
*John McClane (Bruce Willis/Die Hard)
*James Bond (Sean Connery/Dr. No)
*The Joker (Heath Ledger/The Dark Knight)
*John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone/First Blood)
*Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford/Raiders of the Lost Ark)
*Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt/Fight Club)

Placidity
Has to be Rambo. Simply cause he is the best here. The rest are rather noob.

But thank God Riggs is not in here. Smart decision.

Darth Martin
I didn't want this to be a fight with a bunch of highly skilled martial artists. We've been there and done that. I envisioned this as a brawl between a bunch of sloppy but tough fighters duking it out in a bar room fistfight.

Riggs is not highly skilled. But he's skilled enough to be superior to damn near everyone H2H-wise IMO. Plus, I didn't want to put up with all the trolling that comes with the "John McClane vs Martin Riggs" debate.

What H2H feats does Rambo have? He's probably in the best physical shape out of everyone here? John McClane and James Bond are front runners in my eyes. Durden and Joker are just damn durable and pain tolerant.

Rogue Jedi
Rambo. He stomps the rest like......bad. Indy comes in second.

Darth Martin
What H2H feats does Rambo have?

Indy in second? I'd take McClane and Bond over him by a mile.

Rogue Jedi
This aint gonna be "h2h", not how you are implying. This is gonna be using barstools, pool cues, bottles, whatever they can grab. Never seen Bond in a barroom brawl (not that I can remember), McClane has no SUV lying around to use on the others. Indy has shown what he can do in a barroom brawl, and Rambo...dude, it's Rambo.

Darth Martin
Dude it's Rambo? Have you seen Bond? Brawling is what he does. He makes weapons out of things like chairs all the time.

gobstakid777
wjhat bout tyler.he has the entire project mayhem army behind him.hell.the bartender is probably a member
but rambo will probably win

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Dude it's Rambo? Have you seen Bond? Brawling is what he does. He makes weapons out of things like chairs all the time. I never liked Bond, that's probably affecting my judgement haermm

Darth Martin
What about him? Read the rules. I specifically stated that no one gets any help and once the brawl starts the 6 combatants are the only individuals present in the room.

Tyler has impressive damage soak but no real skill. I'd say he can handle Joker but Bond, McClane, and probably Rambo would be too much for him in individual combat.

XanatosForever
Joker will get first blood by pulling out a variation of the pencil trick on someone, likely Tyler. After that I'd be willing to put my money on either Indy or Rambo, the former because he's already well skilled in bar combat, the latter because of his physical strength and skill.

Then again, they are all drunk, so I'm not sure how it'd affect some of them.

Rogue Jedi
What about him? Read the rules. I specifically stated that no one gets any help and once the brawl starts the 6 combatants are the only individuals present in the room.

Tyler has impressive damage soak but no real skill. I'd say he can handle Joker but Bond, McClane, and probably Rambo would be too much for him in individual combat. Cant really script it out like that, we dont know who attacks who first. I'd say Rambo wins in the end, regardless of how it plays out.

Darth Martin
Can someone show me a video feat of Rambo's skill in H2H combat?

Rogue Jedi
Have you not seen the Rambo movies?

Darth Martin
I've seen First Blood all the way through. The rest I've just seen scenes of him taking out scores of cannon fodder with M60's and such. No real h2h fight scenes except for maybe one.

His ability of unarmed combat didn't strike me as great when he broke out of the police station in the first film.

Rogue Jedi
Actually the scene where he pwned the deputies h2h was pretty significant. He was unarmed and had his arms locked behind him.

Darth Martin
That showed strength, yes, but I'm looking for skill or technique.

Let me ask you a question? Do you know Bond's skill in H2H? Have you seen his films?

Rogue Jedi
Strength? Dude, it showed his abilities to take on several men and pwn haermm

Bond is good, but I dont see him taking Rambo down.

Darth Martin
I answered your question? Could you do the same for me?

Do you know Bond's skill in H2H? Have you seen his films?

Let's face it, those cops sucked. They were pretty stupid as well.

Rogue Jedi
Plus you got when Rambo fought the Thai stick guy in Rambo II, and Rambo constantly taking on steroid pumping Russians. And he never loses.

Darth Martin
That instance of him taking on the escrima fighter was the one exception I had. That was impressive. But that was with weapons. Any barehanded evidence you could show me?

Bond is a legitimate ninja. He's taken out highly trained SPECTRE operatives and high-ranking officers out without firearms. He constantly brawls with henchman as well. He knows judo and constantly shows it while flipping people on there asses with ease.

Rogue Jedi
That instance of him taking on the escrima fighter was the one exception I had. That was impressive. But that was with weapons. Any barehanded evidence you could show me?

Bond is a legitimate ninja. He's taken out highly trained SPECTRE operatives and high-ranking officers out without firearms. He constantly brawls with henchman as well. He knows judo and constantly shows it while flipping people on there asses with ease. In this "barroom brawl" there are weapons lying around everywhere.

Darth Martin
Yes. Bond has proven to be the better unarmed combatant and he mostly uses his enviorment as a weapon better than anyone here except McClane.

Rogue Jedi
Call it whatever you want, I just cannot see Bond taking on Rambo and walking away.

Darth Martin
Have you seen Connery's Bond films?

Rogue Jedi
Bit.

Darth Martin
Clarification? Which ones? Fight scenes you remember? So I can try to fill you in on the ones you haven't seen.

Rogue Jedi
I mean like a youtube vid or two, its been ages. He didnt impreess.

Darth Martin
No problem.

Fight Videos
1. vs. Red Grant (FRWL) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jEubPVLPqA
2. vs. Assassin *starts at 4:15* (GF) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=impR4xBsSQw
3. vs. Bouvar (TB) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XvRMJML7gc&feature=related
4. vs. Largo & Henchmen (TB) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B20JnEhfyk&feature=related
5. vs. Driver (YOLT) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXt67EMv2Ts&feature=related
6. vs. Hans (YOLT) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrg9Va3UDdc&feature=related
7. vs. Thugs (YOLT) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c7hzHwETyk&feature=related
8. vs. SPECTRE Operative (DAF) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpffY6ZRfZk&feature=related

Other Feats
*Bond withstands hits from Odd Job in H2H. It should be noted that Odd Job has superhuman strength and durability. (GF)
*Bond trains to become one of Tiger's ninjas. He is experienced in ninja fighting techniques, stealth, shuriken throwing, and edged spear manuevers. (YOLT)
*Bond is an accomplished Judo martial artist. He exhibits various throws and flips in certain films. He demonstrates this to Pussy Galore in Goldfinger and the crooked taxi driver in Dr. No. (DN and GF).
*Bond trades blows with the likes of Dr. No. His hands are steel and capable of crushing the strongest materials.
*Bond can fight on after he's been injured. He's been shot, stabbed, and violently worked by an excercise machine. (FRWL and TB)

Rogue Jedi
For the third time, I dont like Bond, and I admit this is affecting my decision haermm

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I mean like a youtube vid or two, its been ages. He didnt impreess.

That's rather funny that you should say that.

In League of Extraordinary Gentleman, Sean Connery said, "I'm waiting to be impressed."

smile

Rogue Jedi
Lets talk strength. Who is the strongest physically?

Darth Martin
For the third time, I dont like Bond, and I admit this is affecting my decision haermm Don't piss me off. smile You asked me to post video evidence for you. I spent the last half hour compiling it for you. It seems to me you don't like Bond and you refuse to view the evidence I've brought forth for you. So your pre-determining your opinion on the match without even knowing all of the characters abilities. That's prejudice.

I'm still waiting for these Rambo and Indy H2H feats. erm

Rogue Jedi
Don't piss me off. smile You asked me to post video evidence for you. I spent the last half hour compiling it for you. It seems to me you don't like Bond and you refuse to view the evidence I've brought forth for you. So your pre-determining your opinion on the match without even knowing all of the characters abilities. That's prejudice.

I'm still waiting for these Rambo and Indy H2H feats. erm Indy fights h2h in every one of his movies, always against the odds, and always wins. Rambo is constantly captured and tortured, but somehow manages to escape and kill anyone who pursues him. You were the one who admitted to never seeing Rambo 2 thru 4. I've seen all those Bond scenes, or at least parts of, but you haven't seen shit from Rambo if all you have seen is First Blood. And if you saw all the Indy movies and are still questioning Indy's skills, then watch the movies again, this time with your eyes open.

First Blood: Rambo pwns the deputies.
He cuts the hell outta his arm, sews it up, and fights on.
He survives a point blank bazooka blast.

Rambo II: Rambo fights the Thai stick guy and wins.
Rambo is captured and electrocuted.
His face is sliced open.
He defeats a Russian twice his size in a helicopter.

Rambo III: Rambo infiltrates a Russian base, catches shrapnel in his side, escapes the base, and sews himself up. He literally pushes his finger into the wound, withdraws the shrapnel, and uses gunpowder to cauterize the wound. Later, he is again fighting a Russian twice his size, and wins h2h. Let's see Bond do all that.

Rambo IV: Rambo takes a bullet through the shoulder and fights on.

Rambo is way tougher and stronger than Bond, he will absorb whatever Bond throws at him and never slow down.

Nightstick
First off why are Durden and Heath even in this match?

That out of the way. Indy takes it. He has the best combination of martial skill, toughness, strength, brains and agility.

Sadako of Girth
This aint gonna be "h2h", not how you are implying. This is gonna be using barstools, pool cues, bottles, whatever they can grab. Never seen Bond in a barroom brawl (not that I can remember), McClane has no SUV lying around to use on the others. Indy has shown what he can do in a barroom brawl, and Rambo...dude, it's Rambo.

What you are blatantly ignoring is that McClane just has to be the last man standing.

And with his McStamina, McDurability, McLuck, McYears of experience, and McQuadrilogy testifying to his ability to walk free of all carnage and lay the smack down on all b*tches....
Who needs the SUV...?

McClane has killed with way less than you listed above.

Everyday is a bar brawl for McClane.
He was a borderline alchoholic/angry ****ed up individual...
Hes no stranger to the bar brawl, I think its safe to assume.

May as well just host the fight in McClane's back garden. smile

steverules_2

James Bond License to kill he was in one, though not sure he did that well as he nearly died once or twice

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
What you are blatantly ignoring is that McClane just has to be the last man standing.

And with his McStamina, McDurability, McLuck, McYears of experience, and McQuadrilogy testifying to his ability to walk free of all carnage and lay the smack down on all b*tches....
Who needs the SUV...?

McClane has killed with way less than you listed above.

Everyday is a bar brawl for McClane.
He was a borderline alchoholic/angry ****ed up individual...
Hes no stranger to the bar brawl, I think its safe to assume.

May as well just host the fight in McClane's back garden. smile Because McClane will me McCornholed by Rambo. big grin His durability, experience, stamina and his own Quadrilogy is super sized with a side of chili fries.

Darth Martin
I've seen the fight scene in Rambo III. He showed some martial arts skill. But so has Bond. He is repeatedly seen displaying various Judo throws. He also becomes a ninja in YOLT.

Rambo surviving a point blank Bazooka shot? Bullshit. He retreated before it was fired.

Can you post some feats of Indy's H2H skill?

Tattoos N Scars
Well, Rambo was special forces, Green Beret. All Green Beret's have excellent H2H skills...they're trained killers. They have to be trained to kill with or without a weapon.

Rogue Jedi
I've seen the fight scene in Rambo III. He showed some martial arts skill. But so has Bond. He is repeatedly seen displaying various Judo throws. He also becomes a ninja in YOLT.

Rambo surviving a point blank Bazooka shot? Bullshit. He retreated before it was fired.

Can you post some feats of Indy's H2H skill? He "survived", meaning it didnt kill him.

Post Indy's feats? Are you serious?

Darth Martin
Point blank? Come on, Rogue. He had seconds to get away. It wasn't like he was against the wall.

Yes, I am serious.

Rogue Jedi
The national guardsmen were like ten feet away. Rambo ran for a second or two, then the bazooka was fired. He didnt literally survive it point blank, but 15ish feet away when a bazooka is fired and living, that's impressive.

Pretty much every fight scene in the Indy movies.

Darth Martin
Post some. I only own RotLA and I don't recall any H2H feats of significance. Hell, I didn't care that much for the film.

Sadako of Girth
He knocked out a couple of Glass jawed nazis.

Got pwned with a jab against a big fat German.

Best Indy h2h in the movie: When he got his ass kicked and thrown through a windshield nearly get crushed under the wheels, as he was thrown, then he climbed under and over to the cab and exacted his revenge.

I agree that Rambo never took that bazooka shot. He evaded it.
They never had line of sight on him....

If it hit him, the movie would have been over and little chunks of Rambo flesh would have been hanging decoratively from the ceiling.

Rogue Jedi
Indy did more h2h in his movies than most action heroes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.