John McClane vs Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
John takes on the predator from predator 2 in the nakatomi plaza. This fight is set during the first die hard movie, predator has taken out all the terrorists, though has taken some damage himself due to being hit by quite a few bullets and his one on one with Karl. The predator is unable to cloak himself and his shoulder cannon is completely f*cked after being hit with multiple bullets. The predator has his spear gun and his disc. John has the weapons that the terrorists used minus the rocket lanucher used on the armoured truck and plus no C4 so he can just simply blow up the floor which the predator is on. Predator isn't able to blow himself up either just in case anyone tries to use that one. Predator is still holding everyone hostage in hopes that he can draw out McClane.

John is able to move around in the air ducts so he can find the predator or just monitor it and then go away and think of some plan. The predator can use the elevator to move around the building or the stairs. There is no H2H cuz I think that would actually be a bit unfair on McClane. So who wins?

Placidity
Predator uses his infrared vision and sees a silly clown crawling in the ceiling air ducts, equips his spear and throws it through the ceiling and impales McClane.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Predator uses his infrared vision and sees a silly clown crawling in the ceiling air ducts, equips his spear and throws it through the ceiling and impales McClane.

steverules_2

I don't believe I included that in the predators weapon list smile Spear GUN is what I said

Placidity
What difference does it make?

Tattoos N Scars
If you disregard all the PIS or plot devices in these movies...Predator would have no problem killing McClane or any other human in a movie...regardless if they humans are special forces units.

steverules_2
What difference does it make?

The fact that there would be no spear impaling wink

Ok I'm taking away Pred infrared, he still has his helmet but no infrared, think that makes it more fair

Placidity
Yea, I'm so sick of people bring up that the Predator lost to Danny Glover. They could've cast Paul Reubens and the Predator would've been written to lose anyway.

Well guess what, put in the Predator from P1, AvP or AvP:R and it would be a very different story.

Placidity
Originally posted by steverules_2
The fact that there would be no spear impaling wink

Ok I'm taking away Pred infrared, he still has his helmet but no infrared, think that makes it more fair

I'm sure the spear gun can penetrate the wall. The disc definitely can.

Ok no infrared then, he uses another spectrum and does the same thing. stick out tongue

steverules_2
I'm sure the spear gun can penetrate the wall. The disc definitely can.

Ok no infrared then, he uses another spectrum and does the same thing. stick out tongue

I hate you mad stick out tongue

Ok no looking through walls! Normal vision for the predator

gobstakid777
mcclane only gets lucky most the time and most die hard villains suffer PIS,majorly contributing to his luck
Predator has no such PIS
predator stomps

steverules_2
uh huh, how so?

gobstakid777
uh huh, how so?
predator traps him in that contracting net.
and come on what could mcclane possibly do to hurt it

Placidity
* He doesn't have his net. Only his Spear Gun and Disc

* McClane has firearms.

Rogue Jedi
Danny Glover survived Pred 2 because he was able to stay mobile. Trapped in an office building? Mac buys it.

Alpha Centauri
Yea, I'm so sick of people bring up that the Predator lost to Danny Glover. They could've cast Paul Reubens and the Predator would've been written to lose anyway.

Well guess what, put in the Predator from P1, AvP or AvP:R and it would be a very different story.

It's also be a very different thread, and not this one.

I must admit, as much as this is a spite thread, it's also against the rules Impediment claimed he was setting.

This is a ridiculous fight and it'd be over quickly. Don't start over gimping Predator just so you can have a thread, Steve.

RJ has had to abide by the rules, you aren't an exception.

-AC

Placidity
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

I must admit, as much as this is a spite thread, it's also against the rules Impediment claimed he was setting.

This is a ridiculous fight and it'd be over quickly. Don't start over gimping Predator just so you can have a thread, Steve.

-AC

Um it isn't against the rules.

Originally posted by Impediment

Once the settings/weapons/gear/handicaps/abilities/ etc have been cemented in the first few posts of the thread, that is how they will stay. Therefore, be very sure and for certain of how you want your thread to be constructed.

steverules_2
It's also be a very different thread, and not this one.

-AC

stoned See AC, I do know the rules wink

Alpha Centauri

Umm, it is. He clearly said in the previous shambles thread (And a PM to me) that the gimping/handicapping was being removed.

-AC

Placidity
Until its in the 'Movie Versus Forum Rules' topic, its not.

Until then, no celebration for you.

steverules_2
So this thread is just fine big grin

Rogue Jedi
It is, some peoiple just like to make waves.

Darth Martin
John is so dead here. yes

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It is, some peoiple just like to make waves.

Stop being a fool.

Clearly I'm not doing it just to make waves, you saw what Impediment said, so you know I'm not lying. I'm telling the truth.

This isn't allowed. He just hasn't edited the forum rules yet, probably because he cares too much about how he'll be criticised by people who are wrong anyway, despite PMing me in agreement.

-AC

BackinBlack
Pred slaps around Mac for being dumb enough to tap that ugly wife of his. oh and then he collects his skull.

Darth Martin
Ugly? Did we see the same film.

Tattoos N Scars
Stop being a fool.

Clearly I'm not doing it just to make waves, you saw what Impediment said, so you know I'm not lying. I'm telling the truth.

This isn't allowed. He just hasn't edited the forum rules yet, probably because he cares too much about how he'll be criticised by people who are wrong anyway, despite PMing me in agreement.

-AC

Impediment has said many times that you are a whiny kid...much like a wimpy kid who cries to the teacher when a bully calls him names.

Robtard

Hahahahaaaa, no. If the Predator couldn't see Arnold because he had some cold mud on him, then the cold air of the HVAC will work to make McClane invisible to the Predator in the same fashion.

So the surprise and advantage of first attack clearly goes to McClane.

steverules_2
McClane has quite a big advatage, being able to move around and find weapons, he should be able to get more ammo than the pred does in his spear gun smile If Mac's going down he'll be doing it in style smokin' But I reckon Mac could pull it off, of course preds not gonna be easy sly

Robtard
Predators are way overrated, they die in every movie they're in. McClane doesn't. Simple math.

BruceSkywalker
Pred for the victory

Sadako of Girth
Danny Glover survived Pred 2 because he was able to stay mobile. Trapped in an office building? Mac buys it.

None more mobile than McClane.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard
Predators are way overrated, they die in every movie they're in. McClane doesn't. Simple math.

Even when un-massively gimped.

Rogue Jedi
Stop being a fool.

-AC Clearly.

Indeed.

Absolutely.

Robtard
Initialism spells out C.I.A., you ****ing spook, you're also the Illuminati, if we listen to the ****heads in the conspiracy forum.

Rogue Jedi
Initialism spells out C.I.A., you ****ing spook, you're also the Illuminati, if we listen to the ****heads in the conspiracy forum. confused

Robtard
Anyhow, McClane's advantage at being invisible and getting first strike nets him a win.

McClane should be gimped here, otherwise it's just anti-Predator spite.

Rogue Jedi
It should be each one at full strength, or as close to as possible. Pred should have his plasma cannon, and his cloaking device. Give Mac a pair of infrared goggles.

Idea: Place them in an environment like in "Aliens", where the Pred has to be VERY careful how he uses his plasma cannon.

Robtard
McClane doesn't need infrared goggles, he kills just fine without them.

Impediment

-AC

I pm'd you saying that I agree that this shit needs to stop. I will make an amendment, but to my liking, and not anyone else's. Why haven't I made it yet? Maybe because I have other responsibilities outside of KMC that have had me pretty bound for time for the last month or so. Anyone who dislikes it can:

A) Stay out of the MVF.

B) Stay out of the thread in question and let everyone else post away and not ruin their experience.

There is nothing wrong with this thread, AC. It stays open.

Also, if I gave two tugs of a dead dog's dick about criticism, I wouldn't be a moderator. I'm not doing this to make friends.

Another thing:

Do not EVER threaten me again by saying "You'll seek outside Global assistance if I don't hurry up and make change." I like you AC, really. However, I'm nobody's errand boy. Do it again, and it's a warning.

Rogue Jedi
Just saying, if the Pred can cloak, only fair to give Mac goggles.

Robtard
Wouldn't be fair, as McClane can cloak himself via HVAC crawling maneuvers, aka 'TV Dinnering'.

Rogue Jedi
Looking for a link on the pred's helmet, remember the capabilities it had?

Alpha Centauri
I pm'd you saying that I agree that this shit needs to stop. I will make an amendment, but to my liking, and not anyone else's. Why haven't I made it yet? Maybe because I have other responsibilities outside of KMC that have had me pretty bound for time for the last month or so. Anyone who dislikes it can:

A) Stay out of the MVF.

B) Stay out of the thread in question and let everyone else post away and not ruin their experience.

There is nothing wrong with this thread, AC. It stays open.

Also, if I gave two tugs of a dead dog's dick about criticism, I wouldn't be a moderator. I'm not doing this to make friends.

Another thing:

Do not EVER threaten me again by saying "You'll seek outside Global assistance if I don't hurry up and make change." I like you AC, really. However, I'm nobody's errand boy. Do it again, and it's a warning.

Hahaha, I didn't threaten you at all. I simply said that if you weren't gonna take care of the business you CLAIMED you would, then I'd get someone who would be willing to. What's wrong with that? Accusing me of threating a moderator when I didn't, nor did I intend to, is a pretty serious deal.

If you aren't willing to follow through on your actions then don't make claims. So many times things have been left to continue because you won't take action against friends of yours. If you need evidence then I'll be willing to provide it. This isn't personal, at all. I'm not sure why you're trying to make it so.

If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't have been agreeing with me in PMs, but not public.

I never saw you as an errand boy, at all. I saw you precisely as what you are, a mod of this forum.

There are rules for a reason as every mod will tell you. Oh, and if you wanna call me a whiney kid, then do it to my face. There are enough knitting circle people here without you being one.

-AC

Robtard
Looking for a link on the pred's helmet, remember the capabilities it had?

Infrared, ultraviolet and whatever the Xeno's put out. I don't think it had McClane-hiding-in-a-chilled-HVAC-system vision.

Impediment
Hahaha, I didn't threaten you at all. I simply said that if you weren't gonna take care of the business you CLAIMED you would, then I'd get someone who would be willing to. What's wrong with that?

If you aren't willing to follow through on your actions then don't make claims.

If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't have been agreeing with me in PMs, but not public.

I never saw you as an errand boy, I saw you precisely as what you are, a mod of this forum.

There are rules for a reason as every mod will tell you. Oh, and if you wanna call me a whiney kid, then do it to my face. There are enough knitting circle people here without you being one.

-AC

Just to make an honest point, I have NEVER called you a whiney kid or any other derogatory name. That guy, Tattoos N Scars put words in my mouth. I'm that much of a man to admit that I do not slander people behind their backs. If you don't believe me, well, then there is nothing I can say except: It's not true.

Alpha Centauri
Well, so long as you know, I don't have ANY personal issue with you, nor did I ever threaten you.

I wouldn't ever threaten you for many reasons, one being that I actually consider you someone who listens to the members that post in the forum. That's precisely why I consider it productive to contact you if there's an issue.

It was, if anything, MORE of a compliment to your moderating than it was a diss.

Regardless, you've answered my questions fairly any time I've asked them, so thanks.

-AC

Impediment
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Impediment has said many times that you are a whiny kid...much like a wimpy kid who cries to the teacher when a bully calls him names.

I have NEVER said anything to that extent. Do not put words in my mouth ever again else it's a warning.

Sadako of Girth
Wouldn't be fair, as McClane can cloak himself via HVAC crawling maneuvers, aka 'TV Dinnering'.

laughing out loud

Exactly.
He used this technique to ambush a whole team of guys in Die Hard 2 also.

Its clearly a McClane trademark.

Rogue Jedi
Infrared, ultraviolet and whatever the Xeno's put out. I don't think it had McClane-hiding-in-a-chilled-HVAC-system vision.

Mhm, pretty much:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_technology

Varying designs of Predator helmetsVarious mask designs are used by the Predators. These masks contain a variety of functions which the Predators may require during a hunt. As well as protecting the Predator's head, the mask acts as a respirator. It has a sound amplifier, multiple vision modes, a zoom function, some diagnostic capabilities and a recording system.

The masks have been shown to have access to several different visual frequencies, the most commonly seen being infrared. Infrared is effective for tracking humans, but useless in a xenomorph hunt. Also available is an Ultraviolet spectrum and a specifically tuned EM Field Detector mode used to track xenomorphs. Additional vision modes are available to determine the health condition of targets.

Housed within the helmet is a targeting and tracking system for shoulder based plasmacasters. A shoulder mounted plasma caster uses this laser target designator, which comprises three corners of an open triangle, to aim at the designated prey. Incorporated to finalize the shot is a lock-on system. As the quarry is decided upon, the designator will zoom a triangle in on the prey from the HUD, which will flash and turn solid red, then fires.. This also has a zoom capability so the Predators can see and aim over great distances. This tracking system also allows the Predators to plot trajectories of thrown objects.

This is interesting, though:

Another feature of the Predator's mask is its voice translator/recorder. This device can both record and play strips of audio, which a Predator may use to express meaning or catch prey off guard, or to simply listen to the voices of their prey, as if to study their language. The mask also seems to affect hearing as well; in Predator, when the Predator took its mask off, it heard things at a much higher pitch than before and slightly more distorted. As seen in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, the helmet also has a video playback mode that displays what the wearer has witnessed or been involved in.

Impediment
Well, so long as you know, I don't have ANY personal issue with you, nor did I ever threaten you.

I wouldn't ever threaten you for many reasons, one being that I actually consider you someone who listens to the members that post in the forum. That's precisely why I consider it productive to contact you if there's an issue.

It was, if anything, MORE of a compliment to your moderating than it was a diss.

Regardless, you've answered my questions fairly any time I've asked them, so thanks.

-AC

Appreciated.

All I ask, AC, is that, like me, you listen to both sides of the argument at hand and then, without jumping the gun, try to come to a calm and unanimous conclusion about how to dissolve any shit that is brewing. I agree with you to an extent that shit needs to stop, and, I promise you, I will make an amendment, but it will be a fair and even amendment. I just need to find the time, maybe this weekend, perhaps, to get to it.

Sadako of Girth
This actually confirms along held theory of mine....

Mhm, pretty much:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_technology

Varying designs of Predator helmetsVarious mask designs are used by the Predators. These masks contain a variety of functions which the Predators may require during a hunt. As well as protecting the Predator's head, the mask acts as a respirator. It has a sound amplifier, multiple vision modes, a zoom function, some diagnostic capabilities and a recording system.

The masks have been shown to have access to several different visual frequencies, the most commonly seen being infrared. Infrared is effective for tracking humans, but useless in a xenomorph hunt. Also available is an Ultraviolet spectrum and a specifically tuned EM Field Detector mode used to track xenomorphs. Additional vision modes are available to determine the health condition of targets.

Housed within the helmet is a targeting and tracking system for shoulder based plasmacasters. A shoulder mounted plasma caster uses this laser target designator, which comprises three corners of an open triangle, to aim at the designated prey. Incorporated to finalize the shot is a lock-on system. As the quarry is decided upon, the designator will zoom a triangle in on the prey from the HUD, which will flash and turn solid red, then fires.. This also has a zoom capability so the Predators can see and aim over great distances. This tracking system also allows the Predators to plot trajectories of thrown objects.

This is interesting, though:

Another feature of the Predator's mask is its voice translator/recorder. This device can both record and play strips of audio, which a Predator may use to express meaning or catch prey off guard, or to simply listen to the voices of their prey, as if to study their language. The mask also seems to affect hearing as well; in Predator, when the Predator took its mask off, it heard things at a much higher pitch than before and slightly more distorted. As seen in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, the helmet also has a video playback mode that displays what the wearer has witnessed or been involved in.

...that the Predator would/will hear a high pitched distorted "Yippeekiyay Motherf**ker", just before his death, without his helmet on... Cool....!

Darth Martin
Looking for a link on the pred's helmet, remember the capabilities it had? What would you specifically like to know?

then the cold air of the HVAC will work to make McClane invisible to the Predator in the same fashion. Didn't work well for Keyes and his men in Predator 2.

Robtard
If you two cum-bathers (Imp & AC) are done, I'd like to focus on McClane kicking the shit out of a Predator.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Didn't work well for Keyes and his men in Predator 2.

Because they had ultraviolet lights on their suits; that's what the Predator zoned in on.

Sadako of Girth
Because they had ultraviolet lights on their suits; that's what the Predator zoned in on.

Indeed.

Impediment
If you two cum-bathers (Imp & AC) are done, I'd like to focus on McClane kicking the shit out of a Predator.

*ahem*

I bathe in pu$$y juice.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
This actually confirms along held theory of mine....

...that the Predator would/will hear a high pitched distorted "Yippeekiyay Motherf**ker", just before his death, without his helmet on... Cool....! haermm I was actually thinking of the recorder roll eyes (sarcastic) Pred could use Al's or Holly's voice to lure Mac out? I dunno.

Sadako of Girth
That'd only work if the Predator had met/killed Al/Holly, and if Al/Holly had said anything useful to the Predator, but thats all some pretty stretchy stuff.

Rogue Jedi
That'd only work if the Predator had met/killed Al/Holly, and if Al/Holly had said anything useful to the Predator, but thats all some pretty stretchy stuff. No, remember in Predator when the Pred taped Mac saying "Anytime" from a good distance away? It's quite obvious it has some sort of enhancement gadget that enables the Pred to record over significant distances.

Darth Martin
Because they had ultraviolet lights on their suits; that's what the Predator zoned in on. Wo what's the argument? He can't see in the cold?

Sadako of Girth
No, remember in Predator when the Pred taped Mac saying "Anytime" from a good distance away? It's quite obvious it has some sort of enhancement gadget that enables the Pred to record over significant distances.

Like a 3000 miles?

Sadako of Girth
Wo what's the argument? He can't see in the cold?

That when the heat signatures of predator's targets are camoflaged/insulated/altered it screws the Predator's tracking/seeing ability up.

Robtard
Wo what's the argument? He can't see in the cold?

Arnold nullified the Predator's heat-vision via mud bath.

edit: or what Sadako said above.

Rogue Jedi
Like a 3000 miles? No, like from the next room as Mac talks to Al on the radio.

Darth Martin
Seeing how McClane has no mud what's the point?

Rogue Jedi
McClane is in the duct. Pred is below him, suapecting McClane is in the duct, somewhere. OK....If McClane opens fire on the Pred, the Pred will likely have more than enough time to react and spear Mac. If the Pred evaded minigun fire in the first Predator movie, surely MP5 fire will be easy cheesy.

Tattoos N Scars
I have NEVER said anything to that extent. Do not put words in my mouth ever again else it's a warning.

I apologize, I won't do anything like that again. I didn't mean for the comment to turn into a debate between both of you. For the record though...I got a laugh out of it..lol. But, I will not do it again..to you or anyone else.

Sadako of Girth

McClane has mud.
There was earth and stuff around all those trees on certain lobby levels.

Placidity
How does McClane even know to do this?

Robtard

Him having mud is not the issue, the chilling air of the HVAC is, where he'll be crawling in about, safely from the Predator's heat-vision.

Placidity
Air Con is no where near enough to mask a human's heat signature.

Nemesis X
Crawling around in an air duct can make noise so to heck with the heat vision, Predator can just listen and fire his plasma cannon at where the source of the noise is coming from.

Robtard
Air Con is no where near enough to mask a human's heat signature.

If a very thin film of river mud was able to bypass the Predator's heat-vision, industrial strength HVAC can.

Edit: I'm also going to say that McClane spent a year in a Tibetan monastry, where he learned how to drop his core temperature through deep meditation.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Crawling around in an air duct can make noise so to heck with the heat vision, Predator can just listen and fire his plasma cannon at where the source of the noise is coming from.

If, and that's a big IF, McClane makes noise, it's going to echo all about the HVAC system, not going to be an easy pinpoint. By then, Predator will have a grenade up it's ass.

Nemesis X
If, and that's a big IF, McClane makes noise, it's going to echo all about the HVAC system, not going to be an easy pinpoint. By then, Predator will have a grenade up it's ass.

Finding someone in an airduct isn't as hard as you think. Yes the air ducts make echoes but the closer you are to your target, the louder the echo can become and if that didn't work, seeing a shaking vent would mean one thing, McClane is right there.

Robtard
Finding someone in an airduct isn't as hard as you think. Yes the air ducts make echoes but the closer you are to your target, the louder the echo can become and if that didn't work, seeing a shaking vent would mean one thing, McClane is right there.

Or a rat, or some poorly secured venting which is shaking etc. etc. etc. etc.

Nemesis X
Or a rat, or some poorly secured venting which is shaking etc. etc. etc. etc.

Wouldn't a vent only shake lightly if a rat was in there and if a human were in a vent, wouldn't it shake even more?

Rogue Jedi
Him having mud is not the issue, the chilling air of the HVAC is, where he'll be crawling in about, safely from the Predator's heat-vision. They cut the power, remember? No AC. And McClane's lighter will surely give him away.

I aint saying Mac cant win here, all I am saying is that the ducts are a death trap.

Kazenji

And going by that your making as if the Predator is invincible which its not

In the words of Dutch "If it bleeds we can kill it"

steverules_2
Wouldn't a vent only shake lightly if a rat was in there and if a human were in a vent, wouldn't it shake even more?

Watch die hard, McClane was crawling around the air ducts for quite some time and wasn't caught

Placidity
Originally posted by Kazenji
And going by that your making as if the Predator is invincible which its not

In the words of Dutch "If it bleeds we can kill it"

Now why would I think the Predator is invincible? Someone like Trion Juggernaut is invincible.

Of course you can kill it, but by all logic, he would kill you first.

Sadako of Girth
They cut the power, remember? No AC. And McClane's lighter will surely give him away.

I aint saying Mac cant win here, all I am saying is that the ducts are a death trap.

They had backup generators.

Besides McClane did the bulk of his Vent work unzippoed.

McClane lures predator into a C4 vent trap.

Sadako of Girth
Now why would I think the Predator is invincible? Someone like Trion Juggernaut is invincible.

Of course you can kill it, but by all logic, he would kill you first.

Not in this circumstances, neccessarily.

steverules_2

McClane lures predator into a C4 vent trap.

Please Re-read my first post in this thread, I stated that John didn't have C4

Sadako of Girth
Whatever then.

steverules_2
Whatever then.

If John says that to pred then I dunno if that would do much mhmm

Sadako of Girth
The Predator would no doubt just sample it and reuse it, just before dying/customarily committing bomb suicide..

steverules_2
Predator would only set of his bomb if he had no way of winning, in pred 2 when he was gonna set it off I'm guessing he thought it was the only way out

Sadako of Girth
Predator would only set of his bomb if he had no way of winning

Exactly. He fights McClane here.

Not a schmuck.

And only schmucks lose to the Predator. Fact.

Kazenji
Please Re-read my first post in this thread, I stated that John didn't have C4

Yeah he may not have it but what if he comes across some in the building ?

Sadako of Girth

Ha! Happy Dance

Placidity
Yea, the Predator might come across his Plasma Cannon too.

McClane is to Movie Versus, as Wolverine is to Comics Versus.

Sadako of Girth
Did the Terrorists in this scenario come equipped with one, then...?

Funny. I didnt see Gruber's men with one in the movie.

steverules_2
Yea, the Predator might come across his Plasma Cannon too.

McClane is to Movie Versus, as Wolverine is to Comics Versus.

Plasma cannon was damaged remember stick out tongue

If he was going to I woulda put in my post 'John doesn't have the C4 on him but will come across it' wink

Kazenji
Yeah but these are terrorists when don't they have C4.

Rogue Jedi

McClane lures predator into a C4 vent trap. And the Predator, a seasoned HUNTER, will fall for this surely roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules_2
Yeah but these are terrorists when don't they have C4.

In this scenario where they've been killed by the predator and he's...destroyed it, there, happy? There's no C4 for the John to use

Rogue Jedi
If a Predator can take several shotgun blasts and keep going, 9mm fire will only piss it off. I dont see Mac winning here, he needs heavier firepower.

Robtard
And the Predator, a seasoned HUNTER, will fall for this surely roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah, a seasoned hunter of dear. Now it's hunting a ****ing lion.

Robtard
In this scenario where they've been killed by the predator and he's...destroyed it, there, happy? There's no C4 for the John to use

In that case, McClane drops his weapon and insults (something he excels at, mind ****ing his prey) the Predator until it drops it's weapons, armor and gear. Then McClane quickly rolls to the floor, grabs his gun and pops in head/face 9-10 times. /the end, roll credits.

Placidity
^ Haha, thats pretty clever, but its too scripted to be an argument imo

But there are some problems...

How would McClane present himself without getting speared/decap'ed?

Also, he wouldn't know the honor code of the Predators, so there's no reason he would try that.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, a seasoned hunter of dear. Now it's hunting a ****ing lion. Lion my ass haermm Just another human.

Robtard
^

Yeah, true, but it's awesome.

McClane = No Problems.

By not having a weapon. The Predator's are wary of killing someone who isn't armed.

Per the rules: All combatants have basic knowledge of their opponent(s).

Placidity
^ I didn't see that rule in the first post. Or did he add it in a bit later?

IF thats the case, the Predator will have knowledge that McClane is a tricky dick that doesn't fight fair so he wouldn't fall for it.

Rogue Jedi
^

Yeah, true, but it's awesome.

McClane = No Problems.

By not having a weapon. The Predator's are wary of killing someone who isn't armed.

Per the rules: All combatants have basic knowledge of their opponent(s). Dutch was a lion. Rambo and Riddick would be steroid PCP pumping lions.

Mac, with his little MP5, is more like a deer frozen in the headlights.

Robtard
Dutch was a lion. Rambo and Riddick would be steroid PCP pumping lions.

Mac, with his little MP5, is more like a deer frozen in the headlights.

Your belligerent and irrational hate of a fictional character (McClane) is troublesome, sir. Very troublesome.

steverules_2
If a Predator can take several shotgun blasts and keep going, 9mm fire will only piss it off. I dont see Mac winning here, he needs heavier firepower.

The predator can survive shot guns but need I remind you the predator was beaten by a guy who had no shot gun...well he did at first I think but he still beat the predator without it smile So...yeah smile

Rogue Jedi
Your belligerent and irrational hate of a fictional character (McClane) is troublesome, sir. Very troublesome. You putting Mac in the same class as Dutch and Riddick?

Rogue Jedi
The predator can survive shot guns but need I remind you the predator was beaten by a guy who had no shot gun...well he did at first I think but he still beat the predator without it smile So...yeah smile Point is thet the Pred survived the shotgun blasts, AND 5.56 NATO auto fire from Danny Glover. You really think it is gonna shrug at 9mm fire?

steverules_2
Point is thet the Pred survived the shotgun blasts, AND 5.56 NATO auto fire from Danny Glover. You really think it is gonna shrug at 9mm fire?

No but it doesn't always take a gun to kill wink John could use other ways and other rescources, like Arnold when he was in the Jugle, he used his surroundings to kill the predator, I'll admit he got lucky in the end but he still beat the predator. I'm sure John could do the same, he could weaken the predator with Fire power, you can say the pred can survive being shot but you know as well as I do it would weaken him.

Rogue Jedi
No but it doesn't always take a gun to kill wink John could use other ways and other rescources, like Arnold when he was in the Jugle, he used his surroundings to kill the predator, I'll admit he got lucky in the end but he still beat the predator. I'm sure John could do the same, he could weaken the predator with Fire power, you can say the pred can survive being shot but you know as well as I do it would weaken him. See, you are scripting it out so that the Pred is just sitting there allowing Mac to shoot him. The Pred is gonna catch Mac in the net, then spear him, indo story.

steverules_2
There's no net gun and no spear...but of course pred isn't just gonna sit there, I'm using examples from other movies where the pred was killed by resources that didn't iclude bullets and a trigger and where the pred was of course moving about

Rogue Jedi
Ok, then the Pred is gonna spear gun his ass, then yank out his spine. Mac needs a bigger gun, man, 9mm aint enough against a Predator.

steverules_2
Ok so what kinda gun would you use?

Rogue Jedi
If the Pred were after me? In this scenario? 12 guage shotgun, .50 desert eagle.

steverules_2
So would it take one shot from that to kill the pred? The shot gun that is..

Rogue Jedi
No, the shotgun'd slow it down, the .50 cal desert eagle would finish it off.

steverules_2
John has more of a chance finding the shot gun than the .50 cal desert eagle...dudes lucky...but not that lucky. Johns pretty resourceful he could probably find away to stop the pred

Robtard
'Deagles' are way overrated, Boris the Blade took 4-5 slugs from one and was still alive.

steverules_2
'Deagles' are way overrated, Boris the Blade took 4-5 slugs from one and was still alive.

Isn't that snatch? Wonder how many here have seen that...

Rogue Jedi
'Deagles' are way overrated, Boris the Blade took 4-5 slugs from one and was still alive. Well, it was, as Turkish said, "Impossible to kill the bastard."

steverules_2
Still he was only human and Predator...well....

Rogue Jedi
Only human, tough as adamantium, more damage than ten McClanes. Dude was like a piece of lead.

steverules_2
Well the movie wasn't exactly a sci fi movie, if he could take what an eagle did to him...then so can pred

Rogue Jedi
Dude, this is not about Boris, and besides, Vinny, when taking the time to aim properly, did him in with one shot.

steverules_2
Hey I was just making a point...

We should get back to who this is about

Rogue Jedi
Mac and the Pred, Mac without the necessary firepower to kill it. So in a sense, they have both been gimped.

steverules_2
I reckon Mac could find a way, I mean he would lose hand to hand we know that but I still reckon he could find some way of killing it

Rogue Jedi
Not with the guns at his disposal. He would have to relieve the Pred of one of it's weapons and use it against him.

steverules_2
I reckon he could get pred disc, Danny was able to do so I'm sure John could

Rogue Jedi
How did Danny obtain it? I forget.

steverules_2
I think it was when they both went over the edge of the building, I think the pred dropped it and had set his timer so that it would course that huge explosion and Danny grabbed it and cut off the pred wrist to stop the bomb going off....I may be wrong but pretty sure thats how it went down

Rogue Jedi
I think it was when they both went over the edge of the building, I think the pred dropped it and had set his timer so that it would course that huge explosion and Danny grabbed it and cut off the pred wrist to stop the bomb going off....I may be wrong but pretty sure thats how it went down Accurate, I remember now. Dont see that happening here.

steverules_2
It might, I mean if Mac got the jump on pred and pred dropped his disc Mac could pick it up and use it...you never know

Rogue Jedi
How's Mac gonna get the jump on the pred?

Robtard
How's Mac gonna get the jump on the pred?

Already covered. He'll be 'TV dinnering' in the safety of the HVAC, where his launch his chilling attack.

Rogue Jedi
Already covered. He'll be 'TV dinnering' in the safety of the HVAC, where his launch his chilling attack. And when he opens fire from the duct, the Pred will shrug off the 9mm rounds like bee stings and skewer Mac. Mac doesn't have the firepower to kill the Pred, man.

steverules_2
He could do it how Danny did it only no falling

Rogue Jedi
Dude huh?

steverules_2
He could get the jump on the predator like Danny did in pred 2

Rogue Jedi
What scene? The meat locker place?

steverules_2
No when they were outside, how else would pred be danging from a building holding onto Danny? I'm talking about how Danny got the disc cause he got the jump on predator...I'm pretty thats most likely how it happened

Rogue Jedi
No when they were outside, how else would pred be danging from a building holding onto Danny? I'm talking about how Danny got the disc cause he got the jump on predator...I'm pretty thats most likely how it happened youtubing now haermm

steverules_2
While your at find out why he didn't plasma cannon Dannys ass, I don't remember his plasma cannon breaking or him taking it off, ya know you could look on wiki as well right? sly

steverules_2
From wiki:

I'm guessing knocked off by Danny smile

Rogue Jedi
Still looking, but I ran across this, laughed so hard came outta my nose, listen to the audio haermm

hBD2IC0gQYE

steverules_2
Swear it was Harrigan who knocked pred off the building

Rogue Jedi
I think he did, but under what circumstances? I think the Pred was retreating to it's ship.

steverules_2
I don't know, in the book apparantly the pred was humiliated due to Harrigan taking off it's helmet, you'd think it'd stick around to kick his ass

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>