Indiana Jones vs Ben Gates(National Treasure)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
After reading the President's book in the Library of Congress, Ben Gates begins his journey to find the treasure that had intrigued the current President in office...the location of the Fountain of Youth.

Indiana Jones, fascinated with the stories of the Fountain of Youth, begins his own quest to find its location based on clues found in the letters of several Spanish Conquistadors.

With Gates and Jones both having clues to begin their journey for the fountain, which man would more than likely find it first?

Indiana Jones has his normal entourage helping him...as seen in the Last Crusade. Gates has his parents, wife, and assistant aiding him on his quest. Who finds it first?

Placidity
Jones has more experience.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Placidity
Jones has more experience.

True, but who has more ingenuity? Which one seems like the best in problem solving, when it comes to riddles and clues.

Rogue Jedi
Jones, He has his dad to help out.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
True, but who has more ingenuity? Which one seems like the best in problem solving, when it comes to riddles and clues. Jones is better in combat. Gates is the better with riddles, clues, and archaelogical finds.

Rogue Jedi
You think Gates would have been able to make it to the goblet in Crusade?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

yeah, I think so...as long as he had the same clues that Jones' father had concerning the traps leading up to the holy grail. I think Gates would've been smart enough to figure it out.

Well, then again..I don't know. Gates' specialty is American History..he may not know how to solve the riddle for the second trap..spelling the name of Jehovah.

Robtard

Not a chance. Nazis would have corn-holed him til he smiled.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Robtard
Not a chance. Nazis would have corn-holed him til he smiled.

yeah...but Jones probably had the best luck of any character in film history. Also, much of that was PIS.

Gates did manage to sneak through the Secret Service and kidnap the President...as well as evade the FBI.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Not a chance. Nazis would have corn-holed him til he smiled. crylaugh

Robtard
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
yeah...but Jones probably had the best luck of any character in film history. Also, much of that was PIS.

Gates did manage to sneak through the Secret Service and kidnap the President...as well as evade the FBI.

I'm not saying Gates is worthless, but he's a different kind of hero. Had he been in TLC, he would have died early on. Per RJ's question.

Rogue Jedi
Indy is more hands on, more likely to take out an entire platoon of Nazis.

Tattoos N Scars
This thread is more about smarts..and problem solving. No rogue military units/government agencies will interfere.

Rogue Jedi
Smarts and problem solving. OK. The Last Crusade, when Indy gets to the room with the goblet, that's all you need to know.

We can also go back to Raiders, when he found and extracted the Ark.

Darth Martin
Like I said, Jones is better in combat. Gates is smarter. So Jones is overall better.

Rogue Jedi
Bullwhip, guns, and a cool fedora pwn.

Tattoos N Scars
lol....maybe I should've said Nick Cage keeps his skills from the Bangkok Dangerous movie...to make it more even.

Rogue Jedi
Can't combine two characters into one here. Can you? I dunno.

Tattoos N Scars
Can't combine two characters into one here. Can you? I dunno.

Actually, I don't know..that would be awesome if you could.

Nightstick
Gates was good, but if their search takes them out of the U.S he is pretty much humped. Not that it matters to much as Jones has displayed over and over again that he can do on the fly anywhere in the world what Gates can can do with a life time a of study and only with U.S history.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't know how you bastards can say that gates is a better archeologist than Jones. That shit is just ridiculous. I can't give Gates any credit just because those movies are so awful but for the sake of argument lets look at the two. Who has the most experience? Indiana Jones definitely has more experience. His experience makes Christ look like a lazy bastard. Who has made the more significant discoveries? If you say Gates then you're just stupid.

Seriously though. Gates may know more about American history but Jones was apart of history. His knowledge of world history is seemingly endless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.